Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Bug chasers, on the whole, are a mostly made up thing. There's like, I guess one tiny, pointless, forum with a super tiny userbase. The 'bug chaser' mythos mainly was built up around the "THE GAYS LOVE GIVING PEOPLE AIDS" panics.

Poz my fake rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Djeser posted:

I'm internet podcast famous :aaaaa:

You might be famous but my doc was one of the ones used :smuggo:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Cleretic posted:

Oh my god. I skipped over this stuff when it came up in the TVTropes thread, and now I wish I hadn't.

This is my new favorite 'Internet thing'. It's like the missing link between Ulililia and Chris-Chan, but with none of Chris-Chan's creepiness. I wanted to hate him, but then we got to the 'Yo Splaz' stuff and I realized that this is just a weird, socially retarded kid that never grew up.

Someone get Fox Searchlight on the line, we've found their new film.

He's a lot creepier, hateful and self-absorbed than you realize.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Laocius posted:

He's definitely got at least a little of Chris-Chan's creepiness. They just briefly mentioned it in the episode, but women being decapitated is a recurring theme in his...work?

There is a page on his wiki about jow often it occurs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Flython posted:

It just kept getting better and better. I'm a little disappointed we didn't get the full unedited episode in the spirit of Dozerfleet productions.

I'd really like to hear a part two. There's just so much loving gold on his wiki.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Afraid of Audio posted:

Webcomics

are bad.

Agreed

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I support someone on Patreon and I don't feel like this episode is unfair. Patreon just seems so much more blatant than Kickstarter or IndieGoGo, especially with the pay by the comic campaigns and how none of them had even vaguely worthwhile rewards.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

But Lemon comes right out with it at the end and explicitly writes off the entire concept as a bad idea because Kickstarter, PayPal buttons, and Flattr do it "better" (somehow). And then he says that he doesn't see how Patreon leads to a "good end" and that it's not a dependable primary income. The first point is just incoherent; what makes Patreon specifically the bad crowdfunding tool? As for the second, the idiots who are trying to quit their jobs to make webcomics aren't doing that because of some inherent flaw in Patreon; it's just that they're idiots.

I don't get it at all. They were level-headed about Kickstarter and (rightfully) attacked Indiegogo for its "flexible funding" bullshit, but for some reason they just decided to unload on Patreon over absolutely nothing.

Besides being reoccurring how is Patreon any better than a paypal link for donations?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DemonTrigger posted:

Wait, what? :catstare:

This seems like a huge detail to leave out of the episode. I mean I know it probably isn't that relevant to Patreon itself, but I figured there would at least be some mention of said horribleness.

Fake Edit: Modest Medusa, trained from birth to eat poo poo

One of the most frequent jokes in the comic is the titular character mistaking sleeping in a toilet and mistaking poo poo for chocolate.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Chexoid posted:

Don't worry Boots, I got your joke at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjTEGclEhrc

Oh man, I saw that PSA so much as a kid, dang

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

MY NAME IS MIHU WHO WANTS TO LICK A RED PANDA'S BUTTHOLE?!??!

Cumpot will always be the best Ridiculist. :allears:

Which episode is that from?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Hasters posted:

So since this is the unofficial Lou Reads thread I must inflict this upon you. Remember way back in 2011 when Lou read from the (thankfully defunct) CumOnFood.net forums? Remember the first guy he read? Well, he got over it and now drinks pee too!

:nms: :nws: http://allnatural.blobanon.com :nms: :nws:

I didn't find the cum on food episode as unbearable as others seem to have but I was dry heaving before he finished the first reading on the Wet Set episode

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Added Space posted:

I'm creeped out the other way. The people running the event spell out very carefully that it's not about sex, they spell out their policy of consent, but the readers keep insisting over and over it's all about non-consensual touching and sex. It creeps me out when people are so bound to their own interpretation that they'll somehow turn even the clearest indications around in their head to conform to their bias.

All that cuddle poo poo is loving weird and gross, you gross weirdo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RyokoTK posted:

I must be pretty hosed up because I find those pictures to be kind of weird, but entirely harmless.

The Malatora people were also harmless

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Plus they make the documents available on the site anyhow.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
what if i could have sex

ALL THE TIME

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Why do terrible nerds always insist that the writing in their awful wank fodder is amazing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

PubicMice posted:

what an rear end in a top hat

I agree completely

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

IronicDongz posted:

I still just can't parse
at all. Why does she clean them? Why would it be an endless loop?

Because it is poorly thought out

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

MooCowlian posted:

I guess. I just feel like it's less that tumblr is bad and more that we're not quite trying to use it as intended here.

edit: i'm a tumblr user and apologist though so ymmv

I use tumblr and I think that it has one of the worst UIs this side of angelfire.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

THanks

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Portaxx is good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

steinrokkan posted:

I don't get why people would be attracted to the terrible newer series Pokémon, they all look like blobs painted by retarded children.

First series Pokémon are loving hot, though.

Hey man, if you can't see what makes Clawizter sexy than I don't want nothing to do with you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

For a bunch of people trying to distance themselves from pokenerds, You guys sure have strong opinions on pokemon. :psyduck:

I love Pokemon but I don't love Pokemon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Holy moly

quote:

Dudeskull is a LAME name. it may be a good name for a gangster but not for a pokemon!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Plague of Hats posted:

Circumcision is a bizarre cultural artifact that seems to mostly be prevalent in the US thanks to inertia. It's medically unnecessary and causes pointless harm to newborns. Its general secular practice amounts to "just because" and should be stopped.

But sex still feels awesome, and I think Frankendick surgery or hanging weights off your tackle with fish hooks is loving hilarious, so maybe it's a wash?

Would you wear a prosthetic foreskin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Imagine your faves dicknipples ruining black metal

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Imagen your fave writing new Seinfeld episodes on TV today.

But my fave is Seinfeld!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Hey Lois, remember that time I imagined my fave?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Red Minjo posted:

So does he think that you secretly have every fetish and drug problem you talk about, or does he think his is a special case?

I assumed that Lou loves to be bitten by spiders after the Arachnoboards episode but maybe I'm wrong?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Imagibe your fave getting angry at Portaxz

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Snow Crash is fantastic; it's deliberately crazy-stupid ("Hiro Protagonist"! Mafia pizza!) and sincerely cyberpunk-cool at the same time. I can't fathom why these guys decided to do an episode on it.

(hell no i'm not listening to it, why would i spend an hour going out of my way to irritate myself)

It's really bad actually. Long-rear end boring diatribes about faux-philosophy (nerd worship) in between cringe worthy "cool" action

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Afraid of Audio posted:

it is not okay to like ready player one

:yeah:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sinestro posted:

I'm glad that you have such an amazing power of judgement. I've made trigger jokes and I'm not a big fan of cultural Marxism, where should I report to be reeducated into a Trump voter?

Cultural marxism is a comspiracy theory that states that the jews are using gay marriage to control america because communism (also a jewish plot) fell.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sinestro posted:

I don't know about that kind of weird far-right bullshit, I was talking about actual Marxist critical theory. I guess I'm a LaRouchite now. :confused:

Sorry. Someone will be by soon with a roll of tinfoil and a coupon for 50% off your next purchase of ammunition.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Added Space posted:

A broken clock and all that... Hillary Clinton might not have technically committed a jailable offense, but her record is far from clean. She's been involved in a number of financial scandals, including trying to steal furniture from the White House, and her hawkish policies have almost certainly lead to tens of thousands of deaths around the world.

Afraid of Audio posted:

hello friend, d&d is thataway

Perhaps you would like to buy some Infowars merch before you go

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82CuPpK2ho

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Sea Patrol is pretty incredible. Did you know that the expert diver hunters can choose between 5 different types of flamethrower?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
What is the nerd obsession with sex addiction?