Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I've been main lining all the episodes since I found it again and it's definitely made life better. It's a shot of nostalgia and horrorifed laughs that I didn't realize I needed.

Lol all the reiki/homeopathy/aliens /weird bible stuff reminds me of my mom. I would be absolutely unsurprised if her insane internet postings were in a doc at some point.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Once I heard "18 and counting" I immediately started to picture everyone as a member of the Dugger family. I hate this author just for that.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I just got caught up and I love all the drug forum episodes. I just couldn't do the heart fetish one though - I fast forward through the Tumblr kink episode when it gets to the heart eating part. Sissykiss and mpreg? Gross but eh. Heart stuff? Big old no.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I had to stop listening to the heart fetish one super early in, too much for me lol

Literally the only I've heard that made me stop, even Lou's gold star segments aren't that bad

I think the only other ones I'll skip, from Lou or Fplus, are the hardcore racist or MRA ones.

One of these days I'll spend some time to create a doc on insane restaurant reviews. A friend reminded me about springs1, infamous ranch enthusiast who hates all waiters, and it got me thinking about it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh man. If you just google springs1 specifically a bunch of poo poo pops up but this Reddit post is a good compliation specifically for her.

There's alsothis compliation of her livejournal drama.

There used to be a springs1 text generator but I'm stuck on my phone for while and my googling is inadequate for finding it.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Bozarth posted:

I am shocked at how deep this goes. I only needed about 1300 words and boy did this deliver!

I showed Lemon the link I am grabbing material from and he was hoping a full document was on its way. So, there's definitely interest in a springs1 doc.

Oh cool, I genuinely didn't expect my memory for niche internet drama to get a good hit! Springs1 has been ranting about ranch for at least a decade and, honestly, I definitely expected her to die down once Livejournal did so all the Reddit stuff is gold.

I guess now I have a weekend project!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I've been into fanfic atrocity tourism for nigh on 20 years. I'm considering making a doc about trashy anonymous fanfic smut spaces, if I can pick one that's sufficiently meaty and not just "I like (terrible sex concept!)" "Same!"

Oh yeah, same in terms of weird fic. A huge part of my memory for bizarre internet drama is bizarree gross fandom sex poo poo driven by ladies. Or just bizarre fanfic things driven by ladies in general like the Haitain earthquake fic in SPN, which had no sex (I think - Supernatural was never my thing). The idea that women can't be in to weird gross things has always been foreign to me tbh.

The thread also introduced me to Extra Credit and I'm super glad for similar reasons mentioned above. I just finished the mpreg episode and like the Fplus one I got all nostalgic for my early internet days, when I could still be horrified by things like that. Actually the mpreg episodes are a great example of women being into weird gross sex things imo.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 21, 2019

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh ShellGame. I just finished the Extra Credit episode with the yoni degaurding as as someone who went to Evegreen I felt you. Olympia's not Eugene but I have definitely lived with, worked with, and/or known as Kassandstorm.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I am also a bit tipsy since I've been drinking and cooking for Thanksgiving. Also working a ton since CPS is super busy and while I don't carry cases I do some afterhours and weekends work to help out. This is my first week off in about a year lol.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

ShellGame posted:

Hi tipsy typer. WOW YEAH EVERGREEN. I think most people still wouldn't believe you if you tried to explain Evergreen. Yeah it's honestly only pockets of the west coast, despite our reputation, but the shared experience is real! Actually it's probably because of Kassandstorms that the reputation is so pronounced.

I will freely admit that I had a pretty good time at Evegreen, got a good undergrad education, and met some excellent people but holy lord is the stereotype incredibly real for a large number of folks. Ask me about my roommate's crystal healing and cuddle parties! I think it's why I enjoy the new agey episodes the most though.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I have a huge soft spot for the Aliens and Autism episode since I a)love the episodes with just absolutely insane people's websites and b)I got a friend who works at Seattle Children's to listen to the F-Plus after texting her to see if she's heard of this guy (she has not).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I am super excited and it sounds fun! I also got a hotel and am coming with a buddy who uh is not familiar with the F-Plus outside of what he's heard when I make dinner. For whatever reason it's my default podcast for cooking (outside of one I listen to about cults).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The liveshow was super fun! I'm really glad I went and am kind of mad I couldn't do karaoke. Maybe next time.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Yay! I am getting caught up and am on the astrology episode, so having more episodes is excellent.

Oh man. The new episode is definitely reminding me of being a 14 and reading Chobits. Thanks Extra Credit.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 11, 2020

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I frequently cook and eat while listening to the F-Plus or Extra Credit. There's probably something else seriously wrong me.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I made the mistake of eating while listening to the sissykiss episode and I legitimately retched at one point.

I feel a little defective since sissykiss doesn't bother me. The cooking with body fluids gets me more but abdl poo poo is very meh unless it's over the top gross.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Finally listened to the reddit oomates episode and got violent flashbacks to breaking up a fight between two strippers who later went on to Jerry Springer when my brother and I had an apartment together. They at least cleaned tho.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Just make sure your crystals have a flared base is all I'm gonna say

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I'm getting caught up and the horse transformation episode is great. Also the my wife's a horse joke reminded me of the whole "His wife? A horse" livejournal drama from way back. Because these are things my brain chooses to remember.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Feeder/fat fetishist and really, really awful misogynistc site epsiodes are the only ones I tend to skip. They're a too little close to home.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Every so often I remember the episode about monkey moms and get horrified all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Antivehicular posted:

I spent my youth on the Internet reading godawful fanfiction, so I loving love that episode. Definitely not to everyone's tastes, though.

(In other words: I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM, GOODBYE!)

Same same. The feeder epsiodes are the ones I can't listen too though. Thank being set up with a feeder by a friend because "you're fat so at least he'll be in to you".