Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ewe2 posted:

There's a lot of kids who think they're magic for some reason.

One of the interesting side effects of listening to The F Plus regularly is that you start to look back at the famous occultists and spiritual gurus of history and realize that their poo poo isn't terribly far off from the ramblings of a typical episode's subjects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Looking forward to hearing the recording. Was worried that the crowd would descend to the level of “so drunkenly obnoxious that Lemon had to yell at them to shut up”, like the last live show, but it sounds like we’re in the clear this time...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Oh man, the videos are amazing. Turning on Youtube's auto-captioning for Kumquatxop is highly recommended...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ewe2 posted:

That ep was just bonkers. How do you even read that stuff without imploding, I tried reading the doc and my eyes just kept sliding off the words, it was impossible.

The Intern needs some kind of award for “Best throwing the episode off-the-rails” moment. I broke out laughing in the middle of the gym.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Djeser posted:

https://thefpl.us/episode/320

What if chemtrails, but even more ?

Welp, that painting went fast.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Very happy for this thread introducing me to Extra Credits.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

sexpig by night posted:

Like, 5. It for sure is the demarcation line for when F Plus does 'gross stuff' instead of just 'weird stuff' but considering it's all consensual and just poorly written descriptions it's fine.

It is a funny episode though!

Yeah, I would say it's less gross than the other episode from the same doc-provider: "Eat Me Drink Me" (which was one of the hardest episodes for me to listen to).

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Djeser posted:

If The F Plus Sings was too profane and worldly for you, why not cleanse your soul with The F Plus Praises?

...11/10 on the gross scale. Watch out with this one, folks.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Yavuz posted:

I just pictured Bunnybread as all of the bad roommates and it fit my picture of him very well.

Bunnybread definitely wins joke of the episode with "you're the sour-daddy". Goddamn that was good.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Djeser posted:

https://thefpl.us/episode/324

what if magick...but also wiki?

This dropped mere seconds after I finished my homework for the night and was looking for something to listen to while cleaning. Clearly magick at play here.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Anyone got any idea if/when the Garbage Day 2020 videos will be uploaded to youtube? I only see the first 6 hours on Twitch, and want to catch the hours I slept through.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

BootsRaingear posted:

Nope. Just some personal/work info from a couple of the artists and myself that briefly appeared on screen.

I was wondering how y’all managed to get such realistic-looking social security card clip art...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Definitely a great episode format.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

sexpig by night posted:

fplus also updated, it's about cramming crystals up your pussy

it's as hilarious as you'd expect

Also, after over 300 episodes we learn that Lemon still thinks squirt is pee...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

At this point, I feel like if we went more than a month without hearing a Secret Gaygent 69 doc being read on either Extra Credit or The F Plus, we would need to do a wellness check.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

DreadUnknown posted:

Just FYI none of the Fplus or Extra Credits episodes are playing in Google's lovely podcast app, I smell censorship.
\

Just watch it turn out that a bunch of Google executives are also devoted Wikihow contributors who feel terribly insulted with how the F Plus has handled their work.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

You know you're in for a good episode when you can hear the ice sloshing around in the hosts' drinks.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sham bam bamina! posted:

A bigger problem is that an SA document is an obscenely masturbatory idea to begin with.

I can't imagine creating an SA document that would be a funnier or more effective skewing than Goons_TXT.

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/1342488187000729602?s=20

Also, I just finished the Sonic canon Extra Credits. Reading every one of those Shadow The Hedgehog ending titles was a masterstroke.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

T-man posted:

more podcasts imo

At times, it seems like so many new episodes from so many podcasts have come out that I have an insurmountable backlog left to watch. Then, the weekend comes or things are slow at work and suddenly I've listened to everything and have to dive into the F Plus back catalogue. (I probably need to start adding the Extra Credits back catalogue into the mix on those occasions.)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Djeser posted:

I can't believe people get the name of the internet show Extra Credit confused with the name of the internet show Extra Credits.

I do occasionally see people post about Extra Credits in the Online Creators thread and get confused for a while, wondering when the podcast started doing youtube content. I have no idea why I occasionally call the podcast Extra Credits. My lack of sobriety may have something to do with it.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

That list of Chris Cantelmo accomplishments was peak "weird flex, but okay".

Also, after seeing that SuperNanny tweet, I am on pins and needles waiting for that episode to drop.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

change my name posted:

It was in 2019

It didn't seem to be an easily-found piece of information. I had to google the guy's name + dead and it wasn't even the top response (a post about it was the 3rd or 4th result).

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

X-Ray Pecs posted:

A question I had, given some of his "accomplishments" covered in the episode: Did Chris Cantelmo actually go to Yale?

I would consider it more likely than not that he did undergrad there (apparently Yale makes you mail in a paper form to verify if someone matriculated there, and I don't need to know that badly).

The difference in the benefit that your average undergraduate gets in a school like Yale vs any other college comes almost entirely through the connections those students make during their time in Yale, rather than the quality of the education itself. A buddy of mine who got a math degree from Harvard put it this way: When you go to a normal college you meet people and make friends. If you're interested in pursuing a particular career like being an architect, someone you meet studying architecture may have a parent who is an architect who can help you get your foot in the door somewhere. With Harvard (or Yale) the same kind of thing happens, but you're running into people whose dads are senators or presidents.

(Of course, once you get into graduate programs the equations change quite a bit and getting into a good program vs a bad program can have a massive impact on what you learn and can accomplish. But if Chris Cantelmo had actually gotten a Masters or PhD there is absolutely no way he wouldn't have put that fact in every single sentence he wrote.)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Someone please help me, I can’t stop thinking about the Inmyfuckingopinionyouarefuckingdead-Bond family.

I honestly can't think of a case of the content being more tailor-made for appearing on the F-Plus. Those compound names were hilarious to hear read out loud.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Heliotrope posted:

God drat I didn't expect a bunch of legal trouble to be the first thing out of this reading.

Yeah, that episode just went out the gate and immediately into criminal territory.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Extra Credit and F Plus dropping new episodes on the same day? Nice

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

MarxCarl posted:

And a new Portaxx painting for sale

https://thefpl.us/merch/portaxx-paints#2

Oh man, I have DemonPlane (which is a lot shinier than it looks in that photo), and I want to snatch up Ü, but I feel like I should give someone else a chance so I'm not hogging all the Portaxx art.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ariong posted:

All you have to do to assuage your guilt is to open a Portaxx gallery and allow people to visit and behold the art. For a nominal fee, of course.

Like the Barnes Foundation, but consisting only of artists that have appeared on The F Plus.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

MarxCarl posted:

Just buy it, if you want it.

I’m holding out for the new sticker https://thefpl.us/merch/stickers#31

I decided to sleep on it, and woke up this morning to find it had sold. Glad it's going to someone else who clearly wanted it.

(Also yeah, holy poo poo I'm buying that new sticker once it hits.)

And listening to the episode, did that Uncle Al guy reference the infamous UK lottery ad that tries to look like a news article and uses a picture of Rich Evans' from Red Letter Media??? Truly, these part of becoming a living god is becoming extremely gullible...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

F plus is indeed on itunes

Yeah, though iTunes/Apple Podcasts just takes info from the podcast's RSS feed, so it will still try to download episodes from the blocked URL.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ewe2 posted:

Thanks, I was haunting the merch page, it must have just dropped.

Yeah, definitely just dropped as it wasn't available this morning. Just grabbed mine.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Holy poo poo that was insane.

Also, if anyone's building a sound board, here are some vital drops from this episode:

https://lancehunter.net/misc/anime-is-for.mp3
https://lancehunter.net/misc/no-more-swordart.mp3

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

New stickers just came in the mail today! (Including two bonus lemon stickers...)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Maybe talking about nerd thighs on some random site online until you get banned is some kind of initiation ritual.

It kinda has the feel of a long-running troll that different people will pick up because it's recognized as a forum meme. Like, just a regular troll on the forums will sit back and decide that today's the day they're going to take a shot at doing a nerd thigh post.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

YeahTubaMike posted:

I love this podcast but it bugs the poo poo out of me when I listen to an old episode and there are great jokes that go completely unacknowledged. Not the cricket ones, just the ones that slip through the cracks of the conversation.

You can point them out in this thread, and we can give them the recognition and lols they deserve. Be the change!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Something about bad writers giving bad writing advice is so much worse than just their bad writing itself.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I was very worried about where things were going when the first story had started dropping in phrases like "the half-resisting girl" and "the nervous contraction of her thighs", but this turned out to be a hilarious episode. Just a ton of killer one-liners getting dropped throughout.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

ShellGame posted:

There was a part later in that story where the lady very clearly wasn't into it. I deliberately omitted that part.

:argh: Victorians! :argh:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Okay, this Extra Credit mini feels like a full episode. 10 minutes of rapid-fire questions was so much, it would have been overwhelming if it were any longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Nothing like hearing Shell say "okay, this will be the last reading", then looking down at the timeline and seeing that there's 30 minutes of episode left.