Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

chaos rhames posted:

This episode is going to be gross as gently caress. I want to count the times they say the word mum.

"My ~~~mother~~~"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

chaos rhames posted:

Mum's a more british way of saying it so I'm expecting a majority.

Oh I know, but I listened to the plushie-fucker episode yesterday and Lemon's "~mother~" pronunciation always stands out in my mind.

Also, I wish Portal of Evil was still around. I'm sure they could make one hell of an episode covering what was essentially the birthplace of all of this.

HoboTech fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jul 21, 2016

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

This was a fun episode. I liked Lemon's reaction to Portaxx's werewolf lawyer bit almost as much as the joke itself.

Unrelated, but just have to say that the "Eee! Pinions" episodes is vastly underrated.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Yeah, nicely done Shammalammadingdong

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Really the only question I have is...

WHO WANTS TO LICK A RED PANDA'S BUTTHOLE!? UwU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Zarla is cool.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Save another seat on the "it could have been me" bus because I'm right there with you guys. Much like A Meat and Waffleman_ I was around 10 in 2000, and when you're that young your grasp on reality is kind of tenuous. I can see how it'd be easy for some young kid to get on the otherkin/magick (mah-gik?) train and ride it all the way to crazytown... because that was almost me. All that fantasy and anime stuff is great, so why can't it be real?

The biggest difference between being an FPlus listener versus being a subject is having that "a-ha!" moment in your life where you see it was all a fun little fantasy. You lift your head up, look at the world around you without the internet filter, and you go on developing. If you don't do that you end up on DeviantArt or Uboachan or whatever and you never progress past "but I want to be a DRAGON". When true mental illness gets into the mix then things get more complex because maybe that person isn't ABLE to have the realization, but even then it feels like the Ridiculists are making fun of the person's ideas/content and not directly attacking the person.

Whoever said that it's the spirit of the thing has my vote, 100%. Lemon even addressed this at the beginning of an episode recently: if you don't think these weirdos are still people that deserve the basic courtesy of human respect, then get the gently caress out. One of the reasons Portal of Evil deserved any respect at all was the Prime Directive, and ideally both sides can continue unhindered because of this - the weirdos get to keep flying their freak flag and we all get to make jokes.

Don't know where this is going, doesn't have a point, but there it is.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Eating in shitboxes is in my "No" column

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Not to say all the others weren't good, but this was my favorite episode out of the past few.

It's just pure, undiluted internet bullshit and every second of it is beautiful.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

I think the big difference is that when the F Plus runs into assholes like the MRAs or whatever, they acknowledge that the people are bad by mocking them and making jokes rather than just groaning, sighing, and apologizing constantly. It's like yeah, we know these people suck and we're having fun at their expense, there's no need to agonize over it or attempt to reinforce that HEY WE AREN'T LIKE THESE GUYS because yeah, obviously you're not like them. It just feels unnecessary.

Also the jingles. gently caress the jingles.

The F Plus readers never take themselves too seriously, and that's why they're lovable dorks.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Bunnybread posted:

I'm more of a fuckable meathead, but sure.

Alright fine, there's two fuckable meatheads, and the rest are lovable dorks.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

unpacked robinhood posted:

Gonna be a giant rear end in a top hat here and admit I've found the constant giggling rather grating.

I still find it cute/endearing. Glad she's wearing less audible jewelry, though.

Also The F Plus seems to be mentioning politics a bit more lately. The Sean Spicer bit was a lot of build up with very little payoff. After Zarla read the comment they just cut over to a new reading and it seemed like it was just included because of current politics. I'm all for making fun of Spicer, but it just felt kind of shoe-horned.

Has anyone done a Freep document before? Would that just be too depressing?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Djeser posted:

24 hour mp3. do it boots. gently caress everyone.

Yes.

...YES.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

I think it'd be good to give Cheapskate a chance to clarify, but man that could've been worded a WHOLE lot better.

Djeser posted:

Do you think it's more likely that Cheapskate would be saying the former, or that he'd be trying to say the latter and flub it?

I think the issue for most people is they only know him as some dude on a podcast, so most people aren't going to have that lens to view it through. I'm sure if you post on ballp.it you know him better, and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but if you're not part of the larger community, it looks kinda lovely. Like I said, a clarification would go a long way.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

echopapa posted:

You know what? gently caress it. If this topic is going to ruin the thread, then I’ll post something.

I’ve already sent Ellis a PM clarifying my statement. I haven’t received a response, but she continues to follow my account.

I am familiar with abuse because I spent four years representing domestic violence victims in court. When someone’s situation becomes so toxic that it’s hurting their health, it’s healthiest for them to leave. Don’t worry about whether the abuser “wins,” just leave. Win by getting out.

It’s ultimately Ellis’s decision to make.

I feel like comparing online harassment to domestic abuse is a weird thing to do, especially when the advice is to "just leave!".

Also might help to clarify more publicly or something if you really want to calm this down.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Maybe I'm boring but I love the customer review episodes. Eee! Pinions is still one of my favorites. Something about people losing their poo poo because their Whopper doesn't look like the menu picture just brings me inner peace.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

I'm on mobile (Android) and using Chrome and I had no issue with the site. The animation when you hit the little F+ button was kind of neat.

Also, on the episode, I really liked it but when they started talking about simulating human contact using the robots I got really, profoundly sad. Then I realized these are Nazi sympathizers hugging fake people because no one else wants to touch them in person and it became funny again.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

2house2fly posted:

Who's Anna?

Who's on first?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Just don't listen to any of them that feature some guy named Lemon.

Don't know why they keep letting him on to the show!

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

darthbob88 posted:

It is a crucible, from which you will emerge harder and purer.

I don't know man it just made me feel softer and dirtier.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

ShellGame posted:

Look, it's old and it shows but my favorite episode continues to be Reno Iz Drest In A Kostoom

Gonna also suggest this one. Isn't this also the first appearance of Zarla (or however it's spelled)?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

This episode taught me something about myself. Out of curiosity I went to YouTube and found an ASMR video (I think it was CrystalWhisper or something, one of the ones mentioned in the episode). It was like some kind of doctor's appointment? I don't know.

Anyway, long story short: ASMR loving infuriates me.

I have no idea how someone can listen to the wet mouth sounds and find that relaxing, because after about 10 seconds I wanted to crush my phone in my hand to make it stop. It's like listening to someone eat on mic. Didn't try any bag crinkling or light bulb tapping, though. I'm sure the ASMR people have something to say about all that.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

ManMythLegend posted:

That Back to Future riff in the middle of the episode is just... :discourse:

Yes! Was going to mention this as well in my previous post, but got too mad at mouth sounds.

I love how it only played when Boots was speaking.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

This episode is like listening to someone talk about their lovely Vampire: the Masquerade character. In, fact, I'd put good money on that being where the whole mess started.

STOG is a Malkavian.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

The cast of The F Plus appears on an actual episode of The Simpsons, because the writers have run out of celebrities to cameo.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Kinda surprised that one of the opening/closing themes wasn't "Weird Science".

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Okay so how do you clean it?

Asking for a friend.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

I was genuinely impressed by the hip-hop math problems.

Also, are there plans to release all the episodes as mp3s? I have the previous Garbage Day on my phone as all audio files but I can't remember if that was an official release or a goon endeavor.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

One of my favorite "these people don't know how anything works but think they've got it all figured out" was the time-travel episode. It's like the magic crystal episode except with a dire misunderstanding of science.

Why did you choose the name Einstein!?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Snake, remember the basics of Consensual Quiet Cuddling!

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Brings a whole new meaning to "ants on a log".

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Yeah this was definitely a "staring into the Abyss" episode, or at least it would have been about 14 years ago. Now there's just this sense of relief for having escaped that black hole and moving on with life.

There'd also be more sympathy for these guys if the word "wagecuck" never showed up... or the sexism... or the racism... or any of it really.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Not even finished with it yet and it says a lot about the podcast that this episode is considered a "5 out of 10" on the gross scale.

That loving soup, man.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

I have to admit that I don't think I initially "got" the humor she was throwing out until the slime box bit. Then it clicked and I loved it.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Dont you loving dare tell me what the slimes are for, just send the goddamn box (please).

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Okay so would the laptop get heavier or not?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Yeah this was a rough one to listen to while eating.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Lotus Aura posted:

Petitioning Lemon to bring back Irregular using people from this thread as guests

I volunteer. I will read anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

'Twas the night before...

Hm. Never mind.