Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Rushed into theaters a few months early without an actual ending?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

teagone posted:

Don't go back. Just watch this over, and over instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q99q5dV2ko

Can we just get a Disney release saying that they're adopting this as an official trailer or something because holy mother of god drat

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

api call girl posted:

There's nothing inherently wrong with the "rule of two" Sith idea if not only because it also gets rid of the Dark Jedi lackey-of-the-week thing, but as we see with even "Lucas-levels" of "canonicity" they JUST CAN'T leave well enough alone.

What I'm saying here is, EU? Light 'er up. It's done.

I thought the rule of two encouraged the Dark Jedi lackey of the week, if anything. Apprentice gets defeated, sith lord finds a new apprentice, repeat until sith lord is defeated (but his final apprentice survived and becomes the new master, oh nooooo). Look at the prequels, you have Darth Maul, then Count Dooku, then General Grievous.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

kiimo posted:

Speaking of which does anybody remember in Episode 1 where Anakin is talking to Padme, I think it was the "I'm not a slave I'm a person!" conversation? (side note: UGH) Because in the theater I distinctly remember seeing Jake Lloyd mouthing Natalie Portman's lines while she was saying them. I thought that was pretty bush league that Lucas and his editors allowed that to get past them.

I bet they didn't change that part. That would make too much sense.

I don't remember that specific example from Ep1, but Harrison Ford mouthes one of Carrie Fisher's lines in ESB so it's not like sketchy editing is a prequel-only thing.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Hey goons, shut up about death of the author film major subtext interpretation bullshit for a second.

Todd from Breaking Bad is "the favorite" for a lead role in Episode VII.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Yaws posted:

Attack of the Clones would improve by a letter grade if it weren't for Obi-Wans hair.

The Jedi Mullet is a tradition passed down from master to padawan. First Qui-Gon had it in Phantom, then Obi-Wan in Clones, then Anakin in Revenge.

We can only hope that Luke continues the tradition in episode 7.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

It was more of a normal 70s cut, not the full fledged Jedi Mullet, from what I remember. Pretty sure there might have been a couple random rebel pilots sporting the Jullet though. Probably some secret Jedi or something, seems like there are enough of those running around.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I'm just starting season 1 of Clone Wars, too. I thought that the narrator was going to be really annoying, but I actually like it in a way. Star Wars was heavily based on those old sci-fi serials like Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon, so having a cheeseball 50s radio narrator for a show about a couple Jedi swashbuckling across tons of planets works really well, in my opinion.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Watched an episode of Clone Wars today, where Obi Wan gets rescued from Mandalorian rebels by his Neutral Planets leader girlfriend Duchess Satine. In the end, Obi Wan wants her planet to join the Clone Wars because those Mandalorians were working with Separatists but she prefers to maintain her neutral stance. The Jedi leaves the planet saying "these people's peace-loving ways are starting to tire me'.

Just watched that episode a couple days ago too, that line immediately reminded me of the discussion in this thread. The fact that the people he's referring to are the loving Mandalorians is icing on the cake. The people who at one time almost conquered the galaxy are too peaceful for Obi-Wan "This Weapon Is Your Life" Kenobi.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

Not to mention that there's now photos floating around of Ford already out and about (albeit using a prosthetic crutch/peg leg):

We're all fine here, now, thank you.

I never knew how much I wanted Han to have a peg leg until just now. Just let him act in that thing, CGI his leg out instead. All the characters can have various prosthetics. Luke has his hand, Han has his leg, Leia has a red Terminator eye, 3PO has a human arm.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

I always thought the used future thing referred to the spaceships. Trek ships are always pristine, perfect, tidy, other synonyms for clean. Y-Wings are mostly exposed pipes and wires, X-Wings have scorch marks down the sides, Han has to bang on the ceiling in the Falcon's cockpit to get the lights to come on. You take one look at the Falcon and immediately know it's a piece of poo poo old clunker.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

There's a giant pig towing an old X-Wing with a ginormous crashed Interdictor Star Destroyer in the background. Daisy Ridley has a Binary Suns moment on top of an AT-AT's head. Stormtroopers now have Master Chief arms and it makes them 1000% more intimidating.

Be still my heart

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Cardboard Box A posted:

Master Chief arms?

Not Master Chief exactly, but the arms reminded me a lot of the customizable armor pieces in Halo games.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

So who is the first uber-nerd here who is going to translate what is written on the X-Wing pilot's vest?

Pull to Inflate.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

kiimo posted:

I thought he poisoned his master in his sleep, not electrocuted him.

Iirc, Palpy gets Plagueis drunk and electrocutes him to death when he passes out.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

brocked posted:

Remember, only 10 years ago these might have gone to people like Brett Ratner, Bryan Singer, or McG, so I think Abrams at least won't do anything too embarrassing.

Ten years ago these would have gone to George Lucas.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

redshirt posted:

Why is the "Clone Wars" and not the "Droid Wars"?
Or the "Separatist War"?

"The War of Galactic Core Aggression"

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Szmitten posted:

Pulling this out of my rear end but from what I remember you film one (slowed down for the puprose of speeding up) shot of the camera making the swoop into the hole for the background plate, and then bluescreen-equivalent the model of the Falcon spinning as necessary on its own and stick it on top. I've only seen making of videos related to the ships in A New Hope so whenever I get to see the RotJ space battle I'm always blown away by how much more complicated and sophisticated it is.

Yeah, pretty sure it's this. They film the background (in this case, the Death Star model), then the X-wing, A-wing, and Falcon each separately, then composite it all together.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Martman posted:

The twist in Episode 8: actually, Vader was never Luke's father!

Obi-wan was still lying, but not how you think. Vader killed the Order and the heroic knight that Obi-wan used to be. He betrayed and murdered Luke's father, from a certain point of view.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

rear end Catchcum posted:

Oh sick, so Sabine from rebels is also in clone wars?

No, they're different characters. Sabine is the Mandalorian teenager in Rebels, Satine is the Mandalorian duchess in Clone Wars. Also I will never be convinced that the latter's name isn't a Moulin Rouge reference.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Zabrak too, if we're counting background non-speaking Jedi Council characters. Oh, and Jawas. Are Tuskens a separate species or just a weird group of particularly growly humans?

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

So JJ Abrams got interviewed by Jon Stewart. And besides the greatness that was jumping from a throwaway line about a new mission impossible Jon started throwing out Star Wars questions like everyone wanted.

Apparently Harrison Ford broke an ankle and JJ hurt his back in one case and that's been kept pretty low key since. Is there a story out there somewhere because I can't find it right now?

IIRC, a hydraulic door in the Falcon malfunctioned and closed on Harrison, who broke his ankle in the fall or whatever. Allegedly, he won't be in the movie as much as he was supposed to be due to the injury.

That interview was the first time I heard about JJ's back, though.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

Blacks Suns crime gang confirmed! I took a look at the flags where flip-phone droid is and the white one at the top had the black sun insignia on it.

That's the Mandalorian insignia you philistine

e:f;b

Anakin's podracing banner is in there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

• Locked thread