Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

cheese eats mouse posted:

Natalie Portman's character wasn't even a protagonist. Just a bunch of damsel in distress crap.

Girl nerds want some superheroes too.

She kicked some rear end in AotC (I refuse to spell out the name).

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

It would be hilarious and awesome if Marcia Lucas did a "fan" edit.

she did and it was called "Star Wars" :smugdog: (I realize we're talking about the prequels but still ZING!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
John Boyega deserves it, frankly.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The cartoon miniseries or the CGI one? They're both good, though the former is more like one of those artsy anthologies you sometimes see comic book types in. Mace Windu punches a robot army to death. It rules.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SirDrone posted:

I like to believe the Droids just outright hosed something up during the pregnancy and decided to just state she died to cover their rear end.

Is it possible Palpatine hosed with the droid so it killed her (keeping the kids though just in case he needs to replace Vader at a later date)?

I mean, my policy is "don't think too hard about this poo poo, Lucas sure didn't" and your interpretation is hilarious and I'll probably think about it if I ever watch those awful movies again, but it's a possible retcon, what with the emperor getting all giggly when Vader finds out.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Party Boat posted:

Dude on the right looks like he should have a massive blade, that's clearly a lightcutlass.

It's actually a dualsaber :ssh:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
If someone can fix the music by making it something not garbage and turn up the noises that aren't someone's garage band, I will buy them a forums upgrade of their choice, so :toxx: me.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
While I like them all (my favorites being SMG, CelticPredator, duz, and Freakazoid_ omg), I can't hear any pew pew noises or the classic TIE Fighter wooooooaaaaaaa with doubler/dubber. :colbert:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Jedi hate sex.

Also, sand.

There are no boners, there is only the Force.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, when they play it in concert, they even include the THX theme!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzEl9w8ehdc

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

thrawn527 posted:

But what if I really really want to?

:frogout:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Not only that, but their observations are all accurate - cutting to the heart of what Star Wars is about. But then they retreat from their conclusions with a weak fart.

The unresolved issue of droid slavery is the same as the unresolved issue of Chewie not getting a medal. The idea that Vader was the hero all along, dying to free the droids, is the true meaning of the six films.

Yes, Vader wanted to free the droids alright... free them up to work in the spice mines! :unsmigghh:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I assumed it was Tattoine until someone pointed it out to me today. Like, Geonosis is arid as well but was very visually distinct from Tattoine. I'm probably just nitpicking, but Jakku seems like some pretty :effort: poo poo

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Steve2911 posted:

I don't know, I'm sort of glad they don't just go back to Tattoine every time they want a shithole planet to visit. It gets old after the billionth appearance.

I agree that Tattoine can go rot because it's in every one but ESB, I just don't see how Not-Tattoine is an improvement. :shrug:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Are you guys seriously arguing about whether it's okay to applaud or express emotion at a movie?

welcum 2 the STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

duz posted:

Revenge of the Sith, if you pay careful attention to the troops without helmets, you'll see non Australians.

uhhh this is some prime example of Kiwi (that's vernacular for NEW ZEALANDER) erasure, mods!?!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

drunkill posted:

So this is neat as hell, sadly the game is pretty eh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire cgi trailer

I didn't realize people threw enough money at SWTOR for them to actually make a 4-minute long cinematic trailer again, and for the free one no less!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

If you think about it, statistically speaking the most represented ethnicity in Star Wars is Maori.

Yeah but people get upset when I say they all look the same :bahgawd:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Frackie Robinson posted:

I don't think one version of Yoda is objectively better than the other, the problem is just that they don't look like the same character. If you were used to one, the other would look jarring. It would be like replaced Homer Simpson with the weird photo - realistic Homer from that photoshop.

I wouldn't go that far. At best it'd be like using Mr. Sparkle instead, at worst like CGI Homer from, what was that, a Treehouse of Horror?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Grendels Dad posted:

Lest we forget:

as someone who loved IM3 and the way it came out this would have been :krad:

• Locked thread