Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Startacus
May 25, 2007
I am Startacus.
As someone who played the crap out of the first one and was kind of following the development of NS2 but was convinced it was never going to come out or that it was going to suck, this game is freaking incredible. I can't get over how good it looks and how polished it was. Sure there were a couple of hicks but this is a whole new engine developed by an indie studio.

Plus the two random servers I played on were super noob friendly. The experienced guys were letting complete rookies play as commander and they just calmly explained to them what they should think about doing. It was awesome.

EDIT: And the new exoskeletons are freakin awesome and the Fade is (still from NS1) OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Startacus
May 25, 2007
I am Startacus.

eggsovereasy posted:

I bought this game yesterday, I played the first one forever ago and thought it was awesome, but I had completely forgotten about it until I read about NS2.

Anyway, some thoughts about it:

I've only played games as the aliens so far and have lost every game. Is there a balance issue or have I just gotten unlucky in the 5 or 6 games I've played.

I'm really bad at landing bites or it takes way too many bites to kill a human, I'm guessing it's the former though.

Being a Fade with blink is awesome!

The game is extremely fun though (even if I keep losing), I plan on trying some games as humans tonight.

The games I played seemed pretty balanced. I saw both humans and aliens win a couple.

It takes three direct bites to kill a human unless they have a bunch of armor upgrades.

Startacus
May 25, 2007
I am Startacus.

Interstellar Owl posted:

Even on something like an i7 with 12GB RAM and a GTX670? :(

I have an i5, 560ti, and 8GB of RAM and I haven't had any slowdowns that I remember.

• Locked thread