Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!
How do the pros lerk? Every time I evolve lerk I feel like I'm going to break my spacebar just trying to maintain altitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!
Is there anything vortex won't work on? I imagine constantly blinking in and vortexing their main power node would be hilarious.

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!

AbsoluteLlama posted:

That's kind of what they're like if you don't get the duals (I actually prefer the single one if I absolutely must use one but I guess I'm weird).

So I watched that video about alien commander. Why does nobody ever use any of those abilities? Hallucination looks pretty awesome to gently caress with marines. I bet it'd be fun on a pub server to constantly run a fake onos into the base so they constantly get beaconed.

I imagine that on a pub server that if you are able to get hallucinations, the game is almost over.

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!
Speaking of sentries:

According to the NS2 wiki, they are supposed to be anti structure. :stare: This is why the battery and sentry can be built on infestation, supposedly.

I have never seen them used this way.

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!

AgentF posted:

I suggested the idea before of tying the tres onos to two mature hives. Does anyone know how long it roughly takes to have two hives at full maturity?

Alternatively the game could provide more useful things the alien comm can do with spare res. The last game I played I was spreading Shades all over the map and supporting pushes with inking and fake units. It still felt like I was spinning the wheel instead of being amazingly useful, and I didn't feel like dropping Fade eggs would accomplish much.

Hives take 3 minutes to build, and 3 minutes to mature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!
I know that they want to keep the two sides different in terms of mechanics, but what about basing upgrade effectiveness based on the number of upgrade buildings? Multiple celerity spurs increasing the effectiveness over a single spur. Might give alien commanders something else to spend res on now that they can't drop onos eggs on two hives.

• Locked thread