Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

A-one,
A-two,
A-one, two, three, four...

Congratulations! If you're reading this, you're dead!

Well, not quite. See, you had the Right Stuff to be a Real Hero, but for whatever reason the cruel and capricious whims of Fate decided that your time was up before you could realize your true potential. Luckily for you (and unluckily for the rest of the world), the Neverborn, the slain Primordial architects of reality, decided to give you a second chance...so that you might end their unceasing torment by tearing asunder the shackles that bind them from plunging into sweet, merciful Oblivion.

Those shackles are all of existence, by the way.

Now you're stuck waaaaaay the gently caress out West, dealing with angry gods, fickle elementals, rear end in a top hat mortals, and all the salt water you could never want. Your bosses are crazy, their bosses are even crazier, the world itself revolts against your very existence, and an absolutely staggering number of beings are lining up to finish the job that Fate started with you. Your very name has been cast into the Void, and answering to it will cause things you like to die. In fact, liking things will, in and of itself, cause them to die.

Welcome to Creation. Here's your goddamn shovel.

This here is a game of Exalted 2.5, where y'all will be playing Abyssal Exalted, aka Deathknights, aka Draculas. Five to seven poor dumb bastards lucky goons are needed to go forth and sail the high seas while being as ridiculously awesome as your imaginations permit and wearing the entire combined contents of a mausoleum and a Hot Topic outlet. The tone I'm aiming for is pitch-black comedy with just a touch of seriousness for the occasional dramatic moment. If you've ever seen Blackadder, you'll have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Important Things

Revised Crafting Rules

Revised Mutations

2.5 Errata SERIOUSLY READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE A CHARACTER

No starting with Essence 4. Seriously, I don't know if that was a typo they just didn't catch in the errata or what, but coming out of the gate with Essence 4 is just crazy.

Essence 3 is purchased normally. Essence 4 and 5 are awarded to the entire team for accomplishing story goals - this should help prevent any E4 arms races and massive power disparities.

Attribute costs are just a little bit silly. Price is now (Rating*3) XP, or (Rating*3 - 2) for 'xalts with Favored Attributes.

Sorcery/Necromancy charms that grant access to a circle also grant one free spell of that circle. Furthermore, spells are no longer completely incompatible with other charms; they can be used with Excellencies and only Excellencies.

The errata to Ravening Mouth of (Ability) (motes leeched can only be used for attunement to Artifacts, and vanish at the end of the scene) is terrible, and we will be rightly ignoring it.

The Avatar keyword is gone, baby, gone. No more "You are insufficiently emo to use this cool power".

Artifact works like it does for Dragon-Blooded: Every dot gets you two dots worth of artifacts, no individual one of which can exceed your rating in the background (ie Artifact 3 could get you two 3-dot artifacts or one 3-dot, one 2-dot, and one 1-dot, but not a 4-dot and a 2-dot). You are not just Draculas, you are Pirate Draculas, and pirates need swag!

Any leftover dots worth of artifacts you don't feel like you need may be POOLED with those of other players to trick out your SWEET GHOST SHIP.

In case it's not obvious, the Sail Ability WILL be important, so don't neglect it! EDIT: to quantify, I am implementing the following houserule: Sail will MODIFY other abilities used in a nautical environment. If your Sail is 2 or more below another Ability's rating, you take a -1 External penalty to checks and static values involving that Ability while at sea. However, if you take Sail 5, you gain +1 sux on all actions against anyone or anything that doesn't also have Sail 5+! Note that this also applies to things like DVs! This also applies to Ride and mounted actions, or War and mass-combat actions, and replaces the existing rule that your other Abilities are capped by Ride/War (seriously who thought that was a good idea).

While mounted, you may derive your Dodge DV from your Ride Ability instead of Dodge.

Willpower and Virtues cost a flat 4 XP per dot to raise after chargen. The existing XP costs are flatly nuts, and mean that virtually nobody will ever raise them in play, which is stupid.

Training times are being abstracted. Instead of beancounting the days spent, you will have either Short or Long Downtimes. Short Downtimes allow you to train charms, spells, and abilities; Long Downtimes permit bumps to attributes or Essence, as well as artifact crafting. Backgrounds are handled on a common-sense basis.

The mass combat system is dead. Long live the mass combat system.

More houserules and such to come as I think them up

If you have any questions or whatnot, I'm pretty much always in #Abyssals on SynIRC, although I'm not always available due to school and sleep and such.

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Wandering Rainbow, Midnight Caste.
Illustration coming at some point in the future.
pre:
Concept: Is a very friendly skeleton.
Anima: Skeletons rising from the ground.
Motivation: Have fun against all odds, dangers, conspiracy, pain or obligation.

Attributes
STR •       CHA •••••  PER ••••
DEX •       MAN •••    INT ••••
STA •••••   APP •      WIT ••• 

Skills
Caste Skills
••••• Integrity
      Performance
      Presence
••••• Resistance
      Survival

Favoured Skills
•••   Lore
•     Occult 
••••• Awareness
••••• Larceny
••••• Socialize

Specialties
••  Resistance (Is a Skeleton)
••  Socialize (Is very friendly)

1 BP spent on skills.

Languages: High Realm

Backgrounds:
••••  Artifact
•••   Liege (Princess Magnificent)
•     Resources
2 BP spent on Artifacts.

Charms 
Resistance
Cadaverous Torpor Technique x2
Ox-Body Technique (1 -0, 1 -1x2, 1 -1/-2x2)
Spirit-Hardened Frame
Walking Cadaver Grotesquerie
Wound-Eating Invulnerability
Wounds Mean Nothing
Restless As The Dead (Taint)
1 BP spent on RATD Taint

Virtues 
COM ••••• VAL •
CON •	  TEM ••••
2 BP spent on Virtues.

Flawed Valor 
Resonance
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Willpower
••••••••••
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
5 BP spent on willpower.

Essence
•••
7 BP spent on Ess3.

Personal:   19
Peripheral: 39

Artifacts
Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light
Essence Flare Pillars (The Party Zone)
Artifact Chain Shirt
Also four points in boat. We have the best boat.

Mutations
Natural Armor 5[-5] (Is a skeleton, therefore there's not much to hit.)
Lost Senses of Taste & Smell [+5] (No tongue or nose, of course. How do the other senses work? Wizards.)

18/18 BP spent.

Combappffftthahaha he can't do poo poo
Only important info combat-wise:
Soak
Natural    10,  7,   0
Armor      5,   7,   7
Effective  15,  14,  7
Wandering Rainbow is an extremely friendly skeleton of indeterminate sex (And you're not finding out, trust me,) wearing a pink suit, a false mustache, and a nice pink bowler, all tied together with a sky-blue tie with clouds on.

Oh, right, the skeleton bit. Hoped you wouldn't get caught up on that. Well, yes, Rainbow is in an extremely advanced state of decay. I'm talking bleached bones. So you have to wonder, how in the world did they end up like that? Sometimes pacts take some time to mull over. Maybe this extremely friendly skeleton is also chronically bad at making decisions. Maybe sometimes your body had already entered putrefaction when you come back. In any case, Rainbow's totally cool with it, really, once you get past how hard it is to find appropriately fitted clothing when your waist is technically just a few vertebrae.

Wandering Rainbow's relationship with Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feathers is complicated, mostly mute on one side and the other bizarrely and strangely fascinated with the absurdly friendly chronically disobeying skeleton. I'm sure it's not hard to figure out which side is which. In any case, they're actually pretty fond of eachother in their own little ways. You know how it is.

Edit: BP tracked & mutations sorted out.

mdct fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 9, 2012

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Making Draculady Batgirl for this'n. Day Caste, Crystal Chameleon practitioner. Think Cassandra Cain-style Batgirl. But, you know. Not depressed/suicidal.

An update before I get the charsheet/history up.

Daiklave, Chain (Scroll of the Monk p. 159; modified for 2.5)

The artifact version of the rope dart looks like a short daiklave and can be wielded as such. A quick twist separates the hilt into two sections connected by a slender chain. An attuned wielder can then swing the blade by the chain. The blade then has a 10-foot reach. Alternatively, an Exalt can hold the blade by the remainder of its hilt and swing the other half as a normal fighting chain, as well as using it for clinches.
Characters with any degree of Martial Arts Ability can switch between functions without the need for a Ready Weapon action. A chain daiklave never carries more than one hearthstone setting. The following trait bar describes a chain daiklave with the blade swung on its chain. When using the blade as a regular sword, or swinging the chain instead, use the trait bars for a short daiklave or a dire chain.

Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +5L/2, Defense +2, Rate 2, Attune 4, Cost ••, Tags 2, M, O, R
Minimums: Str ••, Dex ••••, MA ••••

As Dire Chain (Strike): Speed 5, Accuracy +0, Damage +8B/2, Defense +2, Rate 2, Tags: M, O, R
As Dire Chain (Clinch): Speed 6, Accuracy +1, Damage +6B/2, Defense —, Rate 1, Tags: C, M, O, P, R

As Short Daiklave: Speed 4, Accuracy +2, Damage +3L/2, Defense +1, Rate 2, Tags: O, Th

MadcapViking fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 2, 2012

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

For an Updated Sheet Please Check This Doc

Archived drawing.

Never Within Reach

---

Once, there was a woman.

She may have been sad, and lonely. She may have been cruel, and angry. Perhaps she felt nothing at all, and her apathy drove her to the edge of madness.

I don’t know. I do know that when the Neverborn called to her, and asked if she wanted to end the world, she said yes.

I know this because I was born that day.

There are gaps in my memory I cannot explain. I remember the first time I crossed into the Shadowlands, the stark beauty of it. Coming home to the Underworld, the majesty of it. Kneeling at my Lady’s feet and knowing I had a place in the world. A mission in service of something great and true and inevitable. I returned triumphant from every task She set, and built a place for myself in Stygia.

My Lady called for me, and I stepped forward onto the dais... And then I blinked, and years passed.

I stood, on the unchanged dais, wearing white leather I did not recognize. I felt a prisoner in another’s skin. My very Essence had changed, strengthened. I knew things I didn’t know before, things I had never learned. I looked at my Lady, and felt her fury lash into my flesh.

Had I done something wrong?

I was abandoned, cast out. My rank and assets stripped away. I begged to know what I had done, how I could regain Her favor, but received no answer. The other Knights had all had been ordered to shun me and not even those I called ally would risk Her wrath to aid me. Finally, a letter came, written in Her delicate hand. (Though how I knew this, I could not say.)

I was to return to Creation, to the Western seas. There would be other Knights, of other Lords, and I was to work with them, (though not to trust them.) My redemption lay beneath the setting sun. I would await further orders.

When I left the Shadowlands to seek ship I found I was no longer alone. An Exalted of Luna, his wild shape that of a ravenous canine, hunted my every step. Though I demanded to know what I had done to earn his wrath, he never spoke. And he was too strong to fight directly. But though I never shook him, his plots to kill me so far have been… poorly executed.

I have decided to keep this journal, to have a record of events in case my memory betrays me again.

My memory, or my Lady.

-Never Within Reach

---

Basic Ideas:
Never Within Reach was a faithful Day Caste Death Knight working for The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears, right up until "something" happened. The Lover stole her memory of the event and the entire year+ leading up to it, and kicked her to the curbside for a while. This mission is supposed to get her back in her boss's good graces, but the illusion of willing servitude might just be forever damaged- if not utterly broken.

Never has decided to keep a journal and may have flashes of her missing time occasionally. This is more Memento style than anything else, where what happened in the past is open to completely false interpretation, or interpretations that can be changed to suit her whims.

Never does not place any value at all on her life pre-exaltation and does not talk about it. That woman is dead. She is someone else. She has not experienced any hints of her Solar past lives that she can recall, although it is likely to come up as other missing memories do. She has ranked up essence and retains knowledge of all Abilities learned during her fuge state, (She has no idea how she learned Sailing or some of the languages she knows.)

Never has a stalker, the Coyote Lunar. Yes, that Coyote. He's big with elaborate schemes that are probably doomed to failure. GM is encouraged to go nuts with him.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 17, 2015

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

pre:
Name: Daughter of Onyx and Silver 

Concept: Guild assassin turned pirate/explorer

Caste: Day

Anima: A swarm of bats with glowing red eyes, breaking apart and flitting about, obscuring her

Motivation: Kill the Guild, see the world.

Patron: The Bishop of the Chalcedony Thurible. 

Intimacies: The Guild (oh you bastards are going to pay), Creation (So much to see!), The Bishop (Nice toys), 

Attributes
Physical
Strength 	●●		Dexterity 	●●●●●		Stamina 	●●●

Social
Charisma 	●●		Manipulation 	●●		Appearance 	●●●●●

Mental
Perception	●●●●		Intelligence 	●●●●		Wits 		●●●●●

Abilities
Archery		0	Integrity 	0		Craft			0
(f)Martial Arts	5	Presence 	0		(f)Investigation 	5
Melee		0	Performance 	1		Lore			1
Thrown		0	Resistance 	3		Medicine		1
War		1	Survival 	0		(f)Occult		2

Awareness 	4 	Bureaucracy 	0
Athletics 	4	Linguistics 	3
Dodge		5	(f)Ride 	3
Larceny 	5	(f)Sail 	5
Stealth		5	Socialize 	0	

Specialties
Martial Arts: Chain Daiklave ●●●
Investigation: Body Language ●
Stealth: In Darkness         ●●●

Languages
Seatounge (Native), Old Realm, Guild Cant

Backgrounds and Equipment

Ally 4
	Gunnery Sergeant Blood-on-the-Wind
	Thunderbird, fellow hedonist, lover, and partner. Onyx's most egregious sin against the Neverborn.

Artifact 4
	Swift Rider, "Conquering Black Shadow" (Artifact 3; WotLA p. 34)
	Repair: 2, Attune 5, Speed 40/80mph, Maneuverability: +0R (Lore 1, Ride 2)
	Endurance: Requires a hearthstone plugged into the control panel to operate, 
	and the pilot must also attune the vessel for a commitment of five motes. 
	After 250 cumulative hours of operation since its last maintenance, it begins 
	to suffer one level of unsoakable bashing damage every further 10 cumulative 
	hours of operation it is overdue.
	Crew: 1/1 Cargo: Two riders, plus a pair of saddlebags; or one rider and 
	200 pounds of cargo.
	Armor: 10L/10B, Health Levels: Ux10/Mx5/Cx4/I/D, Weapons: None.
	Other Notes: A swift rider and its pilot both have a Dodge DV equal to 
	([the pilot’s Dexterity + Ride + Essence] χ 2), and the pilot may use her 
	Parry DV to defend against attacks launched at her vehicle or herself.

Chain Daiklave "Castle Captures the King" (Artifact 2; SotM p. 159)
	Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +5L/2, Defense +2, Rate 2, Attune 4, Cost ••, Tags 2, M, O, R
	Minimums: Str ••, Dex ••••, MA ••••

As Dire Chain (Strike): Speed 5, Accuracy +2, Damage +8B/2, Defense +2, Rate 2, Tags: M, O, R
	As Dire Chain (Clinch): Speed 6, Accuracy +3, Damage +6B/2, Defense —, Rate 1, Tags: C, M, O, P, R

As Short Daiklave: Speed 4, Accuracy +4, Damage +3L/2, Defense +1, Rate 2, Tags: O, Th

Silken Armor (Artifact 2; Oadenol's Codex p. 159)
	Soak 	Hardness 	Mobility 	Fatigue 	Cost 	Attune 	Tags
	+5L/3B 	— 		-1* 		0 		•• 	2
	*Attuning removes Mobility penalty

Artifact 1 --> Towards GHOOOOST BOAAAAAT

Liege 2
	Backing, Mentor and Resources equivalent to Liege Rating.
	May requisition the temporary use of Abyssal Command, Allies, Artifact, 
	Manse, Mentor or Spies at equivalent to Liege rating.
	Current Requisition: Discreet Essence Armor (Art 2)
Manse 2 
	Road of Hatred Stone 	(Level 1; set in Conquering Black Shadow)
	Life-Drain Stone	(Level 1; set in Castle Captures the King)

Virtues:
Compassion 		●●●
Conviction 		●
Temperance 		●●●
Valor 			●●

Charms

Athletics
First Athletics Excellency
Raiton's Nimble Perch
Crouching Gargoyle Stance
Corpse-Might Surge
Mist Over Ice
Shadow Races the Light

Dodge
First Dodge Excellency
Flitting Shadow Form
Foe-Shaming Defense
Uncanny Impulse Evasion
Flickering Wisp Technique
Untouchable Phantom Mien

Investigation
First Investigation Excellency
Crime-Unveiling Wickedness
Deception-Piercing Stare
Soul-Invading Glance
Spider in Society's Web

Linguistics
First Linguistics Excellency
Screaming in Silence

Martial Arts
First MA Excellency
Infinite MA Mastery
Ravening Mouth of MA

Just Another Branch Deceit
Light-Treading Technique
Flashing Passage
Crystal Chameleon Form
Flashing Leaves Evasion
Shattered Crystal Rebuke
Razor-Edged Prism Assault
Death From Nowhere Method
Stepping Beyond Light Prana

Occult
First Occult Excellency
Spirit-Sensing Meditation

Resistance
First Resistance Excellency 
Ox-Body Technique
Spirit-Hardened Frame
Injury-Absorbing Discipline

Sail
First Sail Excellency
Deck-Striding Phantom

Stealth
First Stealth Excellency
Shadow Cloak Technique
Unseen Wisp Method

Mutations
Large Appetite [-1 BP]
Restricted Diet (Uncooked Meat) [-2 BP]
Reader of Others [3 BP] (Natural)

Combat Statblock

Health Levels		        Soak*		DV	
-0		O		Bash 	10	Parry	8 (Chain Daiklave)
-1		OOO		Lethal	11	Dodge	7
-2		OOOO		Agg     10	MDV 	6/7 (DDV/PDV, +App mod)
-4		O 		Hard	2L/2B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

*With Discreet Essence Armor active

Attacks
Unarmed
	Punch
	Sp 5	Acc 11	Dam 2B	Def 6	Rate 3
	Kick
	Sp 5	Acc 10	Dam 5B	Def 4	Rate 2
	Clinch
	Sp 6	Acc 10	Dam 2B	Def 5	Rate 1
	Fangs
	Sp 6	Acc 10	Dam 2L	Def 5	Rate -

Chain Daiklave
	"Regular"
	Sp 5	Acc 15	Dam 7/2L	Def 8	Rate 2
	Dire Chain
	Sp 5	Acc 15	Dam 10/2B	Def 8	Rate 2
	Clinch
	Sp 6	Acc 16	Dam 8/2B,P	Def 7	Rate 1
	Short Daiklave
	Sp 4	Acc 17	Dam 5/2L	Def 7	Rate 2

Essence	3 	PersEss: 19/19 	PeriEss: 24/24 (16 committed)

Will 10/10 

Resonance: 3
BP List: (18/18)
5 for WP 5->10
2 for Artifact 3->4
2 for Dodge 3->5
2 for Martial Arts 3->5
2 for Stealth 3->5
2 for Sail 1->3
1 for Larceny 3->4
1 for Investigation 2->3
1 for Ride 2->3

XP Expenditures (330/336)
16 XP: Ess 2->3
12 XP: Sail 3->5
08 XP: Deck-Striding Phantom
08 XP: Death From Nowhere Method
08 XP: Shadow Cloak Technique
05 XP: Investigate 3->4
03 XP: Artifact 1 (2 dots) for Imminent Revelation
08 XP: Shattered Crystal Rebuke
08 XP: Stepping Beyond Light Prana
08 XP: Unseen Wisp Method
04 XP: Charisma 1->2
03 XP: Perform 1
07 XP: Investigate 4->5
08 XP: Infinite Martial Arts Mastery
08 XP: Spirit Sensing Meditation
07 XP: Larceny 4->5
05 XP: Athletics 3->4
08 XP: Raiton's Nimble Perch
08 XP: Crouching Gargoyle Stance
08 XP: Corpse-Might Surge
05 XP: Awareness 3->4
02 XP: Linguistics 1->2
08 XP: Ravening Mouth of MA
08 XP: Mist Over Ice
08 XP: Shadow Races the Light
08 XP: Flitting Shadow Form
08 XP: Foe-Shaming Defense
08 XP: Uncanny Impulse Evasion
08 XP: Flickering Wisp Technique
08 XP: Untouchable Phantom Mien
08 XP: Soul-Invading Glance
09 XP: Resistance 0->3
10 XP: Spirit-Hardened Frame
10 XP: Injury Absorbing Discipline
10 XP: Ox-Body Technique
06 XP: STA 2 ->3
12 XP: WIT 4 ->5
03 XP: MAN 1->2
09 XP: INT 3 ->4
08 XP: Spider in Society's Web
04 XP: Linguistics 2->3
08 XP: Screaming in Silence
12 XP: Ally 4 (Blood-on-the-Wind)
-----------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seven years ago

"Now, Kana: your target should be easy. Fat, middle-aged bureaucrat, lonely, not yet completely paranoid; holds enough power that he can generally get company for a night or two, but no so powerful that he can have anyone to his taste."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good girl. Keep it up, and your family's debt will be forgiven by season's end."

Three years ago.

"I don't understand. Why can't I go see my brother?"

"Kana, he's in Nexus. You have work to do here. Unless you want the interest capitalized into the debt..."

"No. I understand. Can I at least speak to my father? If he would-"

"Kana. You know the terms of your indenture. You have no family but the Guild, until your family's debt is paid. If you hadn't tipped off that Realm magistrate through your incompetence..."

An auburn-haired young woman, barely out of her teens, grits her teeth in frustration, but says nothing. No matter what she did, the balance never seemed to decrease in any appreciable fashion. Her handlers told her that her father kept borrowing to try to start a successful venture, or her brother's working expenses had been added to the total, or her mother's medical costs had been unexpectedly high. If only she could talk to them, try to make them see what they were doing to her!

Six seasons later

The inter-Factor powerplay had paid off. Her handlers were set to be elevated to the Directional Board. And Kana was running. The lie had finally come to light: her target had twigged to her, and offered her her family. She hadn't believed him, but then he'd shown her the ledger of her account with the Guild. As an asset, she was immensely profitable. There was no mention of any familial debt: she'd been sold as a child in payment of a debt, true. But the sellers had attempted to renege, and the Guild had made its displeasure known. For years, she had been working to pay a debt owed by a dead family. A debt already paid in full. Kana knew, and she knew what that meant.

So she ran, knowing that they would find her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basic idea is that woman raised from birth to be a Guild assassin found out that they'd been feeding her a pack of lies to get her to kill for them. She tried to leave, and was fatally 'disciplined.' The Bishop offered her a chance at revenge, she decided to take it, and see what the hell else she'd been missing in the meantime. Hence: PIRACY.

Her experience with the Guild has left her pretty skeptical about any dogma, even that presented by The Bishop.

She's normally pretty self-controlled, but she's got a bit of a hedonistic/indulgent streak. However, her Exaltation destroyed her ability to eat cooked foods or vegetables. MEAT. RAW MEAT. And wine! And whiskey! And men! And women!

e: So, uh. I forgot to account for the MM bonus for Soulsteel in my artifact stats, though apparently I'd calculated everything but the "Short Daiklaive" setting properly, and also managed to miscalculate some of the DVs. Adjusting accordingly.

e2: Also, hadn't actually bought Guild Cant, which made no sense, considering her backstory.

MadcapViking fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 13, 2017

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Here's what I got so far:

Drowned Maiden of the Unending Abyss, Day Caste(Supremacy):

Illustration:
pre:

Concept: Pirate Captains Former Second-In-Command
Anima: Hydra heads
Motivation: Avenge her own death. Or something.
Deathlord: The Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Water

Attributes:
Physical(Primary):
STR:•••
DEX:•••••
STA:•••

Social(secondary):
CHA:••• 
APP:•••• 
MAN:••

Mental(Tert.):
WITS:••••(4 BP spent on Wits 4) 
INT:•• 
PER:••

Languages: Seatongue

Caste Skills: 
Athletics: ••••(Specialty: Swimming)
Awareness: ••••
Dodge: •••••
Larceny:
Stealth: •••••

Favoured skills:
Sail: •••(1BP for Sail 3)
Melee: •••• (Specialty: Short Blades)
Martial Arts: •• (Specialty: Brawling)
Socialize: •••(1 BP spent for Socialize 3) (Specialty: Taverns)
Resistance: 

Backgrounds:
Artifact •••( Gauntlets of Distant Claws, Pair of Soulsteel Short Daikliaves, Artifact Chainshirt)
Resources ••
Contacts •(Coral)
Whispers •

Essence: 3 (7BP on essence 3)

Charms:

1st Melee Excellency
1st Dodge Excellency
1st Stealth Excellency 

Melee:
Five-Shadow Fient
Unfurling Iron Lotus
Time Scything Technique(3 BP)

Dodge:
Flitting Shadow Form
Flickering Wisp Technique

Stealth:
Shadow Cloak Technique
Shade Walker Prana
Atrocity Without Witness

Virtues:
Valor: ••••
Temperance: ••
Compassion:•
Conviction:••
Flawed Compasion

Willpower: 7

Personal Essence: 16 (6 Attuned for Soulsteel Short Daiklaves, 2 for Chain Shirt.)
Peripheral Essence:  37 (4 Attuned for Gauntlets of Distant Claws)

Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated

Base Soaks:

Lethal Soak: 1
Bashing: 3
Agg. Soak: 0

Armour:
Lethal: 6
Bashing: 6
Agg.: 0

Dodge DV: 7
Parry DV: 6
Dodge MDV: 5
Parry MDV: 3

Intimacies:
Her Previous Captain(Hatred)
Her Work(Love It)

Background stuff:

The Abyssal now known as Drowned Maiden of the Unending Abyss started life as an orphan on the streets of Coral. It wasn't the easiest of lives, and she soon learned to keep to herself, and to the shadows if she wanted to get by; learning how to defend herself with a knife or any other bladed weapon didn't hurt. her cheery outlook helped in these matters by often catching whoever she was fighting off-guard. Eventually she graduated from defending herself, to mugging people, and eventually, working as a hired assassin.

Her reputation and her enthusiasm for fighting and killing eventually attracted the interest of one of the more ruthless local pirate captains, hiring her to take care of his rivals and other "business". He eventually appointed her his Second-in-Command, impressed with the efficiency and glee she performed her work.

Things ended poorly for her after a poorly timed mutiny attempt during a battle with another ship; the Captain had her slowly keelhauled. She holds a grudge over it, even if it did result in her Exaltation.

She now carries out whatever secretive missions/killings the Silver Prince requires, with renewed enthusiasm and cockiness. Mostly, she is glad to be given the chance to continue doing what she loves, and does best.

PrinnySquadron fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 9, 2012

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Once upon a time, she was her father's ultimatum.

On the eve of war she would ride to the would-be enemies of her people. Among those who heard her words, they had no enemies. For she travelled with great spirit. Great purpose.

Dreams.

Ambitions.

By her words the clans rallied to her father's banner, not as subjects to conquering lord - but as brothers a greater nation. So it was, that some within the Satrapy of Thorns began to worry of the outlands. So it was, some in Thorns made ready to combat this rising threat. So it was, she rode to the meet the would-be enemies of her people.

She returned from the city bearing the realm's reply - tightly lashed into her saddle with arrows in all sides.

The horse needed no command, it knew the way home, her lifeless eyes were free to savour the view. She reflected on the beauty of the open steppe.

A vision and a voice appeared. It too reflected on the steppes. It shared its dreams of things to come. It had a message for the city.

She became his ultimatum.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
The Last Forsaken Poem
Mnemon Danahkla

pre:
Name: The Last Forsaken Poem 

Concept:  Dynast destined to exalt, killed in her prime.

Caste: Moonshadow

Anima: Incoherent words of the Neverborn spiral around her, and they cry out in anger

Motivation: Make Mnemon watch what she built fall into the void or be destroyed.

Patron: The Lover Clad. 

Intimacies: The Lover Clad (She gave me the power to exact my revenge), Her family house (Not all of them could have betrayed me, Creation (A small part of her wants to bring it to order as it was)

Attributes
Physical
Strength 	● ● ●	            Dexterity 	● ● ●		Stamina 	● ● ●

Social
Charisma 	● ● ● ●		Manipulation 	● ● ●		Appearance 	● ● ● ● ●

Mental
Perception	● ●		Intelligence 	●●		Wits 		● ● ●

Abilities
Archery		0	Integrity 	0		Craft			0
(f)Martial Arts	5	(f)Presence 	4		Investigation   	2
Melee		0	(f)Performance 	4		Lore			0
Thrown		0	Resistance 	2		Medicine		0
War		0	Survival 	0		Occult 			0

Awareness 	1 	Bureaucracy 	4
(f)Athletics 	3	Linguistics 	3
Dodge		3	Ride    	0
Larceny 	0	(f)Sail 	4
Stealth		0	Socialize 	4	

Specialties
Martial Arts: Chain Daiklave ●●●
Investigation: Body Language ●

Languages
Seatounge (Native), Old Realm

Artifact 4 ---> 

Slayer Khatar ●●
	Speed Accuracy Damage Defense Rate Minimums Cost Tags
          5       +0     +2L     +3    3      Str•   ••   M

Reinforced Buff Jacket ●●
        Soak     Hardness Mobility Fatigue Cost Attune Tags
        +7L/10B    5L/5B    -1       0      ••     3

Artifact 1 --> Towards Ghost Boat

Whispers 2
 Your character feels the rustle of eldritch horrors skittering through her brain. 
Her visions can abstractly explore any topic through figurative depictions
 but only provide clear images drawn from the character’s own memory and experiences.
 These wandering glimpses of the past provide supernatural insight and hunches
 effectively allowing players to get clues from the Storyteller on how to put known information together
 to address the question at hand without receiving a straight answer. 

Virtues:
Compassion 		●●●
Conviction 		●●
Temperance 		●●
Valor 			●●

Charms

Presence
First Presence Excellency
Performance
First Performance Excellency
Soul-Desiccating Style
Socialize
First Socialize Excellency
Exquisite Etiquette Style
Bureaucracy
First Bureaucracy Excellency
Eloquent Example Inspiration
Martial Arts
First MA Excellency
Ravaging Blow
Foe-Blinding Jab

Combat Statblock

-0		O		Bash 	?	Parry	?
-1		OO		Lethal	?	Dodge	?
-2		OO		Agg     ? 	MDV 	?
-4		O 		Hard	?			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

*With Discreet Essence Armor active

Essence	2 	PersEss: 11/11 	PeriEss: 28/28 (16 committed)

Will 5/10 
Mnemon Danahkla is no more. Her body replaced with the perfection of her fallen deities and mind replaced with the whispers of Oblivion, she destroys simply mortals with her words alone. Mnemon Danahkla is no more. She is now known as The Last Forsaken Poem.

Mnemon is a name that she hates and dispises. The very thought makes her mind craze and her body ache with fury. For it was Mnemon herself that sent Danahkla to death for treason, for a crime she didn’t commit. At a time where Danahkla knew she would exalt and she knew would be the best she could be. To have it taken away was the greatest dishonor and cruelty. All Danahkla did was tell Mnemon she was wrong in having her trading lines smuggle in illegal weapons and contraband to small towns in the south. That it disrupted the very fabric of the Realm and the Blessed Isle. This was the thanks she received as her brethren plunged a spear in her chest during a normal trade route with Paragon. Helplessly she reached out, seeing her friends and some family angrily looking down as if what she said to Mnemon betrayed them too. Danahkla’s sorrow in that moment lives on even past her life and into her Abyssal one. The Last Forsaken Poem promises to find Mnemon again and make sure she watches as one by one, her facilities and house falls into the void.

So when the Lover Clad knelt down and whispered in her ear, granting Dahnakla unspeakable power beyond that of a Dragonblood, she was quick to say “Of course, my queen.” Now, The Last Forsaken Poem arose and escaped that vessel, hoping to never see her betrayers again. The Lover Clad taught her many things in the two years of training. The Last Forsaken Poem’s latest assignment is to watch, in secret, Never Within Reach’s progress in her affection towards their shared Deathlord. She is confident that Never Within Reach will come through this test just fine. Though… there was lack of specificity from the Lover Clad, so Poem is marking down what she thinks the Deathlord wishes. Nevertheless, Poem strikes out into her new adventure to bring all of Creation to the Void, because hell with the consequences, this world is lost!

Bardlebee fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 8, 2012

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Bardlebee posted:

Making a person tonight or tomorrow for this. I LOVE exalted! Check back in this spot for background/pic/stats. Going to make a social Abyssal. :)

EDIT: Also, I notice we have a lot of ladies in the house. We could be an all-lady pirate ship and have cliche names for our ship and group. Just a thought if it turns out like that. Also, I would like to jump on the band wagon in giving some of my resource/artifact dots for pimped out ship action!

So far it's all ladies and I think, 2 Skeletons. At least one Skeleton.

PrinnySquadron fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 4, 2012

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
Serious options for group name:

Sirens of Oblivion
The Doomed Five (or seven)
Voids Keepers

Serious options for ship name:

The Best Revenge
Reality Smashing Vessel

Also for a comedy-option we could enter places via "Team Rocket" or "Ginyu Force" style. Though that may be to over the top and going into Infernal monologue territory.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

PrinnySquadron posted:

So far it's all ladies and I think, 2 Skeletons. At least one Skeleton.

One skeleton that does not identify with gender at all. :colbert:

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Current working name is S.S. Storm Motherfucker.

So Speaks Grand Admiral Wyrm.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Doin' whatever we can to piss of Storm Mothers.

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
perhaps after dinner i will order some more monuments and tall, phallic structures be built in my honor
Alright, here is the compromise draculady version; backstory to follow once I figure out how to fit it all with draculaditude. Here may or may not be a relevant picture!
pre:
Name: Watcher at the Gates of Sorrow 
Concept:  Old Dracula and the Sea.
Caste: Daybreak
Anima: Spectral waves in predawn light, leaving skeletal remains every time they retreat.
Motivation: Break the power of Siakal.
Patron: The Walker in Darkness. 
Intimacies: 

Attributes
Physical
Strength 	●● 	            Dexterity 	●●●		Stamina 	●●●●

Social
Charisma 	● 		Manipulation 	●●●		Appearance 	●●●

Mental
Perception	●●●		Intelligence 	●●●●●		Wits 		●●●●

Abilities
(f)Archery		4	(f)Integrity 	4		(c)Craft			3
Martial Arts	5	Presence 	2		(c)Investigation   	5
Melee		0	Performance 	2		(c)Lore			5
Thrown		0	(f)Resistance 	2		(c)Medicine		0
War		0	Survival 	2		(c)Occult 			5

(f)Awareness 	3 	Bureaucracy 	0
Athletics 	0	Linguistics 	5
Dodge		0	Ride    	0
Larceny 	0	(f)Sail 	5
Stealth		0	Socialize 	0	

Specialties
Integrity: Being a stubborn bastard ●●
Survival: Fishing ●
Occult: Necromancy ●
Archery: Artillery ●●
Martial Arts: Dark Messiah ●●
Sail: Pirating ●●●

Languages
Seatounge (Native)

Artifact 3  

Hearthstone Amulet ●

Reinforced Buff Jacket ●●
        Soak     Hardness Mobility Fatigue Cost Attune Tags
        +9L/12B    6L/6B    -1       0      ••     3

●●● Towards Ghost Boat

Liege 1

Resources 2

Followers 3 (Sharks!)

Manse 1
        Stone of the Spider's Eye ●

Whispers 5
 Your character feels the rustle of eldritch horrors skittering through his brain. 
His visions can abstractly explore any topic through figurative depictions
 but only provide clear images drawn from the character’s own memory and experiences.
 These wandering glimpses of the past provide supernatural insight and hunches
 effectively allowing players to get clues from the Storyteller on how to put known information together
 to address the question at hand without receiving a straight answer. 

Virtues:
Compassion 		●
Conviction 		●●●
Temperance 		●●●
Valor 			●●

Charms

Archery
First Archery Excellency

Integrity
First Integrity Excellency
Dark Will Triumphant (4m, 1WP, replace Dodge DV with Dodge MDV)
Heart of Darkness (6m, stackable, add Whispers to Dodge MDV)

Linguistics
	Scathing Cynic Attitude (3m, perfectly block deception-based social)
	Mystique-Spoiling Guess (6m, 1WP, can't be surprised by social, can understand obtuse/coded text

Martial Arts
Dead Man's Grasp [altered] (1m/round, 1WP to start; +Essence to damage and
       Str+Athletics for dragging. Abyssals can 1-hand grapple and still parry/dodge.)
Ravaging Blow [2m, double suxes for damage, +1 min dam, soul steel if form up]
Foe-Blinding Jab [3m, can reduce damage to 1 level to blind one eye or reduce to 0 to temp-blind]
Dark Messiah Form [6m, piercing attacks, no mult action penalties for first 3 attacks; can't Virtue]
Grievous Agony Attack [4m, if damage must Guard for 3 ticks; -2 wound penalty]
Illustrative Overkill Technique [3m, 1wp, FATALITY; onlookers w/ Dodge MDV < 8 pay 1WP or -3 penalty]
Five Knife Fist [6m, 1WP, SHARK HANDS, +2Acc, +5 Dam]

Occult
Shadowlands Circle Necromancy
	Bone Puppet Dance (16m, control someone's bones for [Cha+Occult] hrs,
		puppet uses skeleton or host actions -[Essence] dice. If resist,
		1 level unsoakable lethal, reduce by 1 hr.
	Iron Reanimation (up to Coil 4 stuff)
	Seat of Deadly Splendors (15m, awesome skeleton throne, +2 to intimidate,
		persuade, perceive true motives/lies(3 for ghosts) for 1 hr. See
		immaterials too.

Sail
First Sail Excellency
Infinite Sail Mastery
Sea-Scanning Glare (50 mile sonar)
Fell Captain's Advantages (26 extra motes, use Sail charms on other boats)
Shambling Crew Enlightenment (Zombies are smart, expert sailors?)
Dark Water Odyssey (5m, 2x speed without wind/engines at night)
Mist-Veiled Doldrums Technique (15m, 1WP, 5 mile radius fog)
Deck-Striding Phantom (3m, removes (Essence) penalties for boat)
Unhallowed Ghost Ship (5m, 1WP, kill boatgod. My boat now. -1 to all non-deads)
Hull-Hardening Concentration (8m, HEAVENLY BOAT-PARRY)
Ghost Drift Moves (5m, +[Whispers+1] to sailing, 3 to boat-DV)
Tombstone-Wrecking Joyride (5m, plow through anything with less soak/hardness)
Splitting the Maelstrom's Eye (Commit Essence to Hull-Hardening to ignore env. effect)
Black Sails Legend [Be a legendary pirate]
Murder on Wheels [+5m, can use close combat charms when ramming]

XP: 314/317
----
9	Archery 1-->4
19	Investigation 0-->5
8	Spell: Iron Reanimation
8	Charm: Unhallowed Ghost Ship
8	Charm: Heart of Darkness
6	Whispers 3-->5
3	Artifact 2-->3
9	Followers 3 (Sharks)
8	Charm: Hull-Hardening Concentration
8	Charm: Ghost Drift Moves
8	Charm: Tombstone-Wrecking Joyride
5	Martial Arts 0-->2
8	Charm: Treacherous Flag Display
8	Spell: Seat of Deadly Splendors
8	Charm: Black Sails Legend
8	Charm: Splitting the Maelstrom's Eye
6      Specialty: Archery [Artillery] x2
6      Specialty: Martial Arts [Dark Messiah]
15    MA 2-->5
10    Dead Man's Grasp
10    Ravaging Blow
10    Foe-Blinding Jab
10    Dark Messiah Form
10    Five Knife Fist
10    Grievous Agony Attack
10    Illustrative Overkill Technique
12	Lore 3-->5
6	Perform 0-->2
8      Infinite Sail Mastery
9      Sail Specialization [pirating] x3]
23	Linguistics 0-->5
10	Scathing Cynic Attitude
10	Mystique-Spoiling Guess
8      Murder on Wheels

Combat Statblock
-0		O		Bash 	15	Parry	2
-1		OO		Lethal	12	Dodge	3
-4		O 		Hard	6			
Incapacitated   OOOO		
Essence	3 	PersEss: 19/19 	PeriEss: 33/37 (4 committed) + 26/26 Sail
Will 10/10 

OldMidgetWillow fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 30, 2016

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
It's...It's everything I imagined it would be.

As an aside, wasn't there an artifact that was not unlike a hover-board someone could ride on? I seem to remember something like that and would be pretty useful in a ship to ship battle. That is, if you didn't have something akin to Monkey-Leap Technique.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

You're thinking of a Windblade, Wonders of the Lost Age pg. 35.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
Ok, I have updated with character stats, I am still trying to work out what artifacts to get and that will dictate soak and such, but you get the general idea.

I may change one charm for ox-body as well though too...

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
We seem surprisingly low on Dusk castes for a pirate game.

Last Damnation of Atlantis

The basic concept is a power-hungry first mate who attempted to mutiny and take out a sanctimonious, overly virtuous pirate captain who exalted as a Dawn Caste and killed him.

pre:
Name: Last Damnation of Atlantis

Concept: Aspiring Fearsome Pirate Overlord

Caste: Dusk

Anima: A Ship, dashed against rocks, devoured by an Ocean of endless darkness.

Motivation: Enact a Reign of Terror across the seas of creation. Take revenge on sactimonious fools everywhere.

Patron: The Mask of Winters. 

Intimacies: Seas of Creation (So much to own!), 
The Mask of Winters (Role Model), The Dracula Crew (Trust and Camraderie),
The Thunderbirds (Comrades-in-Arms), Ancient Mysteries of the West (Fierce Determination)
Rakim (RARRRRRGH LUNARBRO)
Attributes
Physical
Strength 	●●●●		Dexterity 	●●●●●		Stamina 	●●●

Social
Charisma 	●●●●●		Manipulation 	●		Appearance 	●●●●●

Mental
Perception	●●		Intelligence 	●●●		Wits 		●●

Abilities
Archery		3       F Integrity 	3		Craft			0
Martial Arts	0	Presence 	5		Investigation 	        0
Melee		5	F Performance 	5		F Lore			5
Thrown		0	F Resistance 	3		Medicine		0
War		5	Survival 	0		Occult 			3

F Awareness 	5 	Bureaucracy 	0
Athletics 	3	Linguistics 	2
Dodge		0	Ride 	        0
Larceny 	0	Sail 	        5
Stealth		0	Socialize 	2	

Specialties
Melee: Great Weapons ●●●
Presence: Intimidation ●
Performance: Parley ●●●

Languages
Seatounge (Native), Old Realm, High Realm

Artifact 4

Soulsteel Grand Daiklave
Speed 5, Accuracy +3, Damage 19L/4,
Defense +0, Rate 1, Tags: 2, O, R

Blood Dragon Armor
18L/25B 11L/11B 0 1 10 Cost *****
+5 Soak vs. Directed Essence Attacks

Artifact 2 --> Towards GHOOOOST BOAAAAAT
Artifact 1 --> Half of a Lightning Ballista
Artifact 3 -> Belt of Aerial Mobility (Replaces Superheavy Plate) 

Liege 5
	Backing, Mentor and Resources equivalent to Liege Rating.
	May requisition the temporary use of Abyssal Command, Allies, Artifact, 
	Manse, Mentor or Spies at equivalent to Liege rating.
	Current Requisition: BLOOD DRAGON ARMOR
Manse 3
Jewel of the Celestial Mandarin (Powering BLOOD DRAGON ARMOR)
Cult 2
Cyanin Ancestor-Worshippers, Voice-of-Ages
Past Lives 3

[Allies 7]
Rakim 5
Mnemon Carrus 4/2 (Also Enemy)        

Virtues:
Compassion 		●●
Conviction 		●●●●●
Temperance 		●●●
Valor 			●●●●●

Charms:

[Melee]
First Melee Excellency
Infinite Mastery of Melee
Houseruled: +(Essence) increase on applicable rolls for free. 
Elegant Flowing Deflection
Five-Shadow Feint
Death Well-Remembered
+2 to DVs, Permanent
Unfurling Iron Lotus
Time-Scything Technique
Fluttering Moth Defense
2m, Scenelong: +1 Defense and +1 Damage to attuned artifact weapon. This charm can be immediately discharged as a perfect defense and cannot be reactivated this scene, which constitutes a unique flaw of invulnerability. 
Death-Deflecting Technique
Vengeful Riposte
Savage Shade Style 
Instant Murder Flash 

(War)
Ever-Ready Killer's Tools 
Swap or ready weapons reflexively, even in the middle of a flurry.
Ash Child's Requiem 
Excellecies, Infinite (Ability) Mastery, (Ability) Essence Flow, and Supreme Perfection of (Ability) can be freely cross-applied to all Dusk Caste abilities. 
Cowardice-Annihilating Aura (Milton Charm) 
Essence Engorgement Technique
Hardened Killer Training Technique

[Presence] 
First Presence Excellency
Dread Lord's Demeanour
Heart-Stomping Mien

(Sail)
Deck-Striding Phantom
Ruthless Captain Efficiency

[Athletics] 
Spider Pounce Technique (10xp)

[Awareness]
Ominous Portent Method (8xp)

[Lore]
Essence Engorgement Technique (8xp)

[Performance]
Essence Engorgement Technique (8xp) 

Combat Statblock

-0		O		Bash 	25	Parry	10 (GD)
-1		OO		Lethal	18	Dodge	3
-2		OO		Agg     17	MDV 	8/6 (DDV/PDV, +App mod)
-4		O 		Hard	11L/11B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

Attacks
Soulsteel GD
	Sp 5	Acc 19	Dam 19/4L Def +0 Rate 1

Essence	3 	PersEss: 19/19 	PeriEss: 55/55 (16 committed)

Will 10/10
TOTAL XP, INCLUDING REBATE: 378
SPENT XP: 341
Non-Charm  
(Excellency Rebate Math In Here Somewhere)

Abilities:
Integrity  1->3 4xp
War        3->5 12xp
Perform    1->5 16xp
Lore       1->5 16xp
Awareness  1->5 16xp
Linguistics1->2 2xp (High Realm)
Resistance 1->3 4xp
Socialize  0->2 5xp
Athletics  1->3 6xp
Occult 0->3 9xp
Abilities: 90xp

Attributes:
Appearance 3->5 21xp
Strength   3->4 9xp
Attributes 40xp

Charms:
Savage Shade Style 8xp
Ever-Ready Killer's Tools 8xp
Ash Child's Requiem 8xp
Cowardice-Annihilating Aura (Milton Charm) 8xp
Vengeful Riposte 8xp
Infinite Mastery of Melee 8xp
Death-Deflecting Technique 8xp (Temperance Flaw)
Fluttering Moth Defense 8xp
Exquisite Etiquette Style 10xp
Heartless Fiend Insinuation 8xp
Essence Engorgement Technique (War, Lore, Performance) 24xp
Instant Murder Flash (8xp)
Ravening Mouth of Melee (8xp)
Hardened Killer Training Technique (8xp)
Spider Pounce Technique (10xp) 
Ominous Portent Method (8xp) 
(146)

Backgrounds:
Cult       0->2 6xp
Past Lives 0->3 9xp
Ally/Enemy 0->2 6xp (Mnemon Carrus)
Artillery  0->1 3xp
Rakim      0->5 15xp
Manse      2->3 3xp
Liege      3->5 FREE
Backgrounds 42xp

Virtues
Conviction 2->5 12xp
Valour     4->5 4xp
Temperance 1->3 8xp
Virtues: 24xp

Specialties:
Performance (Parley)    -> *** (9xp)
Specialties 9xp

Pre-Charms XP Expenditure: 185xp
Charms XP: 148xp 

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 9, 2018

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Liking what I'm seeing so far! I'm going to leave recruitment open at least through Friday, so everyone who hasn't already, finish your sheet/backstory!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Taken into the service of the Mask of Winters, Wyrm performed admirably during the invasion of Thorns. However, her remarkable enthusiasm for the cause proved ill suited to the occupation and consolidation which followed. Though not sufficiently problematic for the Mask to consider replacing his reckless envoy, it was obvious she could be more use elsewhere. Looting the city yielded certain relics and documents which proved vital to the restoration of an ancient warship.

An ideal weapon for this knight to turn upon his enemies, and keep her focused on the cause.

pre:
Name: Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm
Concept: Dracula of the Sea/Mirror Kirk
Caste: Moonshadow 
Anima: A dragon chasing its own tail
Motivation: Be the last to see each wonder of the world

Intimacies:
Ship (Mine)
Crew (Mine)
Tribute (Yesss)
First Age Weapons (Witness true power!)
Man  (Miserable and self-deceiving)
New Horizons (Seek 'em)
The Mask (A Man of purpose)
Other Deathlords (Idle and stagnant)
The Gods (The Celestial Oppressor - Destroy!)
Elementals (The Terrestrial Proletariat - Arise!)
Rose (Show her the way)
Herald (Birde~)

STR •     CHA ••••• PER •••
DEX ••••  MAN •     INT •••
STA •••   APP ••••• WIT •••• 

Caste Skills:
•••   Bureaucracy
••••  Linguistics
••••• Ride
••••• Sail
••••• Socialize
Favoured Skills:
••••• Archery
••••• War 
••••• Performance
••••• Resistance
••••  Awareness

other Skills:
•••   Presence
•     Lore
•     Integrity 

Specialties:
•    Sail (Maneuver)
••   Bureaucracy (Dracu-Law)
•    Perform (Monologue)
•    Resistance (Poison)
•    Archery (Artillery)
••   Lore (Artifact Operation)

Languages: Flametongue (Native), Riverspeak, Seatongue, High Realm, Old Realm

Backgrounds:
••••• Artifact
	•• Short Powerbow - No Win Scenario, forged from the soul of a fort's ever-vigilant last defender.
	•• Silk Armour
	••••• To Boat
	•     More Boat
•     Artifact
        •  Soulsteel Light Breastplate - Favors The Bold
        •     (Boat???)
••••• Leige (Mask of Winters)
	Borrowing 
	••• Spies
	•   ???
        •   Crystal of Seawalking (Set ???)
•••   Resources
••    Abyssal Command (Shadowland Humans)
••    Cult
••••  Ally (Sister Sesus Rosene)
•     Ally (V'neef Auling)
•••   Ally (Herald of Glorious Strife)
•     Followers

•••   Contacts (Realm Bureaucracy)
••    Reputation (Gets poo poo Done)

Charms:

Archery
-First Excellency
-Infinite Mastery
-Pulse of the Prey

Awareness
-Second Excellency

Bureaucracy
-Second Excellency
-Essence Engorgement x1

Linguistics
-First Excellency
-Blood Caligraphy Technique
-Screaming in Silence
-Insidious Undertone
-Soul-Snaring Tract 

Performance
-First Excellency

Resistance
-2nd Excellency
-Ox Body Technique (-1, -2, -2) x3
-Injury-Absorbing Discipline
-Spirit Hardened Frame
-Walking Cadaver Grotesquerie
-Wound-Eating Invulnerability
- Wounds Mean Nothing (Temperance)

-Plague Knows Its Master

Ride
-First Excellency

Sail
-First Excellency
-Deck-Striding Phantom
-Ruthless Captain Efficiency

Socialize
-First Excellency
-Hate-Sowing Bitterness
-Exquisite Ettiquette Style
-Imprecation of Ill Manners

War
-Second Excellency
-Ever-Ready Killer's Tools

Virtues 
COM •••   VAL •••••
CON ••	  TEM • 

Flaw: Temperance
Resonance: 2/10

Willpower
•••••|•••••
[ | | | | | | | | | ]

Essence
•••

Personal  : 19
Peripheral: 31 (14 Attuned) (45)

===============Fight Block===============
Essence: Personal  /19, Peripheral  /31
Willpower:  /10
DDV 4[7](6[12] Mounted) PDV 2[4](6 HorseParry?) (7/7 in close vs unmounted foe)
Soak: Nat  3B  1L     | Mobility -0
      Arm  8B  6L  6A |
      Tot 11B  7L  7A | Hardness: 3B 3L 
Health: -0[ ] -1[ | | | | ] -2[ | | | | | | | ] -4[ ] I[ ]

Attacks: (All base Accuracy)
Punch: Speed 5, Acc 5, Damage 1B/1, Defense +2, Rate 3
Kick: Speed 5, Acc 4, Damage 4B/1, Defense -2, Rate 2
Clinch: Speed 6, Acc 4, Damage 1B/1 (P), Defense -, Rate 1
Flame Piece: Speed 5, Acc 10, Damage 8L, Rate 1(2), Range 8, Ammo 1, Tags F
Short Powerbow: Speed 6, Acc 11(13), Base Damage 3(5)L/2, Rate 2, Range 250, Tags 2 B  
    Ammo Types: Broadhead - Dam 5(7)L 
                Frog C.   - Dam 7(9)L Double Armour
                Target    - Dam 3(5)L P
                Fire      - Acc 10(12), Dam 6(8)L/1L, Range 200, Cause 1L/Action Trauma 1 Fire Hazard (Max 25 Ticks)
                Incindiary- Dam 5(7)B/2L, Range 200, Ammo 12/12, Cause 2L/Action Trauma 2 Fire Hazzard (Max 50 Ticks) 

Experience:   2/356

Purchases:
 3xp Linguistics 3
 5xp Ride 4
 7xp Ride 5
 7xp Perform 5
 8xp Spirit Hardened Frame
 8xp Walking Cadaver Grotesquerie
12xp Ally 4 - Sister Sesus Rosene
 3xp Ally 1 - V'neef Auling
 3xp Awareness 3
 5xp Awareness 4
 5xp War 4
 7xp War 5
 3xp Resistance 3
 5xp Resistance 4
 7xp Resistance 5
16xp Essence 3
 6xp Cult 1 & 2
 3xp Abyssal Command 2
 4xp Conviction 2
 8xp 2nd Resistance Excellency
 8xp Plague Knows Its Master
 3xp Ally - Bird Combo-Pack(Herald)
 8xp Wound-Eating Invulnerability
 9xp Dexterity 4
 3xp Artifact 1 
 9xp Resources 3 
 3xp Followers 1
 6xp Intelligence 3 
 3xp Integrity 1 
 4xp Presence 3
 5xp Linguistics 4
 8xp Inf. Arch Mastery
 8xp Essence Engorgement, Bureau x1
 8xp Screaming in Silence
 8xp Insidious Undertone
 8xp Soul-Snaring Tract 
 8xp Ever-Ready Killer's Tools
 8xp Hate-Sowing Bitterness
 8xp Exquisite Ettiquette Style
 8xp Imprecation of Ill Manners
 8xp Wounds Mean Nothing (Temperance)
15xp Socialize 3, 4, 5
 3xp Artifact 1
16xp Ox Body Technique x2
 6xp Birde~ 2,3
 8xp Withering Feathered Maelstrom
 8xp Doom Drawn and Imminent
 8xp Resiliant Corpse Body
 8xp Flesh as Marble Stance
 8xp Unholy Mount Warding
 8xp Sunless Road Companion (Mirror of Dragon-Riding Meditation)

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 15, 2017

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore

The captain trembled as his captors dragged him across the spotless bone-planked deck. The ship looked as clean as any the captain had ever been aboard, with darkly gleaming bits of metal and wood intermingled with the brighter bone and sinewy ropes. And yet, despite the obvious care taken by her crew, the ship stank. The captain had never smelled such a rancid and unholy mixture of battlefield, squid, whale, despair, sulfur, and cold fury. The captain's only consolation was that he didn't expect he'd have to endure the stench much longer.

The living man on his left let go, followed a curiously uncoordinated moment later by the somehow solid ghost on his right. The captain landed hard on his smashed and twisted left arm. The removal of his shield had not been a gentle process. He hissed in pain, determined not to give the bastards the satisfaction of listening to his cries. His captors shuffled back a step and then a vaguely familiar face loomed above him.

From a distance, it might have been a handsome face, but seen from only a foot away, the taut, pale skin, cracked, blistered lips, and massively bloodshot eyes overwhelmed the fine cheekbones and well-tended facial hair.

"Hello, Captain," rasped the looming man. "Remember me?"

The captain blinked in confusion for a moment before asking quietly, without the bluster usually associated with such questions, "Do you know who I work for?"

The pale man chuckled, a rattling sound closer to a man choking than a man amused. "Of course, Captain, of course." He reached out and patted the captain's cheek gently. "It looks like you've forgotten me, though. Let me tell you a little story..."

--------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time there was a stupid boy. He lived on an estate in a boring prefecture in the White Coast. His family were minor nobles uplifted from the peasants because some distant ancestor had the luck to craft an excellent bottle of wine that made its way to the table of the local Dynast. Growing up in idyllic boredom, the stupid boy entertained himself with the collected poetry of the Realm. Soon, in his stupidity, he came to believe that simply reading poetry was enough to make one a poet and began to write his own faffle and nonsense. He had not yet learned the most important lesson any poet must learn; it is suffering that makes one a poet, not education or desire.

One day the stupid boy was at a party in the nearby city when he caught a glimpse of a visiting member of House Peleps. She was beautiful, of course, but no more so than the average Dynast. The boy, being stupid, fell instantly in love with her. It was years before he saw her again. Years in which he spent every spare moment composing terrible poetry praising the girl. Being stupid, he thought most of it was trash, with a few gems glittering here and there. He polished those gems day and night, not realizing that all he had was shiny trash. When at last the stupid boy met her again, he was ready with his notebook, for it never left his person. He gathered his hammering heart in his hands and approached her when the swirl of the party left her momentarily alone.

"May I read a poem I've composed in your honor, Your Grace?"

She blinked and gave the stupid boy a half smile. "Why, I'd be honored," she breathed.

He read her his finest work, for who knew when he might get another chance? She listened rapturously, eyes wide and hands clenched before her heaving bosom. When he had finished, she spoke in awed tones. "All of that, for me? You do me too much honor, sir!" She tapped her lips in thought. "You simply must come along tomorrow. We're going for a sail. And we're having a poetry contest!" she beamed.

Stunned by his good fortune, the stupid boy readily agreed, then raced home to prepare for the morrow. The morrow dawned bright and fair and giddy and blah blah blah, let's just skip ahead to the poetry contest on the ship.

The stupid boy listened with amazement as the various assembled nobles, many of them Dynasts, seemingly without effort rattled off a stream of magnificent poetry, some of it obviously composed just for the occasion that day. As the event continued he grew ever more concerned about how his own work would measure up, but when his turn came, he boldly took his place, propelled by the inexorable power of stupidity and infatuation.

The whispers and titters started up behind him before he had finished the first stanza. The audience in front of him managed to keep a straight face until the end of the second stanza. The stupid boy, buoyed by the calm, encouraging gaze of the girl, carried on until the end of the third stanza, when she too lost her composure.

The stupid boy stopped mid-poem and looked around at the assembled cream of youthful Realm society, realizing at last that the entire contest had been a joke at his expense. Then something happened that surprised the stupid boy immensely. He got angry. He'd never really been angry before, but as the anger rose, along with it came a surge of sleights and cruelties, some towards him, but most towards others, that the stupid boy had overlooked or ignored all his life.

Somehow made eloquent by his anger, the stupid boy proceeded to enumerate a long list of faults possessed by his audience. He experienced that state one occasionally experiences where one acts and observes one's own actions simultan-

"Ahh, Captain, I see you begin to remember," murmured the cracked-lipped man as he noticed the growing light of horror in the captain's eyes. "Bear with me, if you will, a moment more. We wouldn't want to cut off a good tale before it is done."

Where were we? Ah yes, the stupid boy was watching himself in amazement as he laid bare the myriad failings of the assembled nobility. When he paused for breath, the girl shouted in anger, "Captain, silence this man! And give him a whipping that will make him rememb-"

The stupid boy, still riding his wave of anger, shouted her down. "I wasn't finished! As for you..."

By the time the captain and crew had bound and gagged him, the stupid boy had spewed forth a litany of abuse and curses at the girl such as even the most jaded of those present had rarely heard.

Coldly furious herself, she ordered between clenched teeth. "Whipped until we reach the East Current, Captain, then thrown overboard. With a float to cling to, I think. We wouldn't want him to drown."

The boy learned a lot that day. He learned even more over the next few days, floating in the sea, planning his revenge. In the end he learned three more important lessons. One, that salt water tastes just fine when you finally give in to your thirst. Two, that sometimes the gods of hatred and revenge answer one's prayers in the most unexpected of ways. Three, that true beauty is something the Peleps girl could never imagine.

-------------------------------------------

"And so I died, Captain, almost. At your hand, but not at your will, so I see no need to be cruel. After all, if you don't tell me what I want to know now, you will surely do so later," said the almost dead man with a gesture towards the ghosts moving about the deck.

"Let us begin," he said, and the captain, bereft of hope, complied. A while later the looming man looked up at the lookout's cry of "Sail ho!" He listened as the death ship's captain took the lookout's report and gave his orders.

"Time to go, my dear captain. It would seem quite a lot of your friends are on their way. Your message must have found its way to the right ear. Luckily, my mistress taught me quite a few tricks in the time since last we met. We've built a very fast ship, she and I."

The first mate rushed past and The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore held up a hand to catch his attention. "If you'll wait just a moment, I'll have one more set of hands to help you with the cargo transfer."

"Do you know, Captain, what the worst part of almost dying of dehydration is?" whispered the self-appointed scourge of House Peleps as a gleaming pair of fangs pushed past the ragged lips and he bent low over the captain's neck. "Forever after, you're always thirsty..."

pre:
Concept: A Poet Scorned is a Dangerous Thing
Anima: A roiling whirlpool, spiralling down into the open portal of his caste mark
Motivation: Bring the Mighty Low
Deathlord: The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears
Intimacies: (Up to 10) House Peleps (Hates), The Lover Clad..., My Ship,
My Crew, My Circle, Poetry, Revenge

Attributes:
Physical(Tertiary):
STR:••
DEX:•••
STA:••

Social(Primary):
CHA:•••• 
APP:•••
MAN:••••

Mental(Seconday):
WITS:•••
INT:•••
PER:•••

Languages: Seatongue, Low Realm, High Realm

Caste Skills: 
Integrity: ••
Performance: ••••• (Specialty: Poetry)
Presence: ••••
Resistance: •••••
Survival:

Favoured skills:
Sail: •••••
Melee: ••••• (Specialty: At Sea)
Craft: •••• (Air/Fire/Wood/Water) (Specialty: Necrotech)
Medicine: ••••
Archery: ••• (Specialty: Artillery)

Other Skills:
Occult: •••
Linguistics: ••
Lore: •••
Dodge: •
Athletics: •
Awareness: •
Socialize: •

Backgrounds:
Artifact ••••• (Soulsteel Wavecleaver Daiklave ••, Soulsteel Superheavy Plate •••,
Soulsteel Hearthstone Bracers ••, Contribute to ship •••)
Liege ••• (The Lover)
Manse ••• (Wind Jewel, Crystal of Seawalking)
Artifact • (Essence Engines for ship ••)
Ally • (Peleps Tzorik)

Essence: 3

Charms:

Archery:
2nd Archery Excellency

Craft:
2nd Craft Excellency

Medicine:
Charnel Chirurgeon Deftness

Melee:
2nd Melee Excellency
Vengeful Riposte
Elegant Flowing Deflection
Death-Deflecting Technique
Hundred Razor Circle

Performance:
Morbid Fascination Style

Resistance:
Armor-Calling Kata
Ghost Armor Prana
Ox-Body Technique (-1,2x-2)

Sail:
Deck-Striding Phantom

Virtues:
Conviction: ••••
Temperance: ••
Compassion: ••
Valor: ••
Flawed Temperance

Willpower: 10

Flaws:
Enemy 3 (House Peleps)

Personal Essence: 19/19 (5 Attuned for Daiklave, 8 for Plate, 4 for Bracers, 12 committed to Ghost Armor Prana)
Peripheral Essence:  11/40

Health Levels: -0/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incapacitated

Base Soaks:

Lethal Soak: 1
Bashing: 2
Agg. Soak: 0

Armour:
Lethal: 17 (11 hardness)
Bashing: 17 (11 hardness)
Agg.: 17

Total:
Lethal: 18 (11 hardness)
Bashing: 19 (11 hardness)
Agg.: 17

Dodge DV: 5
Parry DV: 6 (5 when not at sea)
Dodge MDV: 8
Parry MDV: 4

Bonus Points:
4 Backgrounds
12 Abilities
5 Willpower
-3 Flaw

Experience Points:
122 Earned
05 Presence 4
16 Essence 3
07 Melee 5
08 2nd Craft Excellency
03 Second Artifact 1
03 Ally 1
03 Dodge 1
09 Buy off flaw
05 Performance 4
07 Performance 5
07 Resistance 5
08 Hundred Razor Circle
03 Awareness 1
03 Socialize 1
08 2nd Melee Excellency
10 Spirit-Sensing Meditation
10 Corpus-Rending Blow
04 Temperance 2
03 Athletics 1
122 Spent
0 remaining
Ideas for the totally awesome ship:
-Sleek double-hulled necrotech catamaran
-Massive masts for the ship's size
-Hydrofoils crafted from reanimated giant manta rays
-Unbreakable sails woven from ghostly essence allow unprecedented speed when the conditions are right
Some inspirational videos for the ship:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEqYTrzaHsc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdUyLxVa6xQ&t=45s

Have you got what it takes to sail beneath the whirlpool flag, matey?

p.s. I will not be heartbroken if backstory or other suggestions are ignored, I just figure it is easier to end up somewhere cool if other folks have ideas to riff off of.
p.p.s. If the manta ray hydrofoils don't make it in I may in fact be heartbroken.

Wishlist for my reference:
08-2nd Presence Excellency
08-2nd Performance Excellency
08-Eye of the Tempest
08-Poisoning the Will
08-Broken Heart Triumph
05-Archery 4
12-Appearance 4
24-Essence 4
15-Integrity 5
08-Bright Days Painted Black
03-Stealth 1
03-Investigation 1

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Apr 1, 2013

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Hey everyone, another houserule! It's in the OP too, but just to make sure nobody misses it:

Willpower and Virtues cost a flat 4 XP per dot to raise after chargen. The existing XP costs are flatly nuts, and mean that virtually nobody will ever raise them in play, which is stupid.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The Everlasting Butterfly of the Decadent Garden

In her life, The Everlasting Butterfly of the Decaying Garden lived happliy, the first-born daughter of a wealthy family in a town watched over by a Wood Aspect Dragon Blooded. She was an intelligent girl, and devoted herself to studying the world around her. However, when her family displeased the Dragon Blooded, he demanded that the family hand over their daughter to him.

Fearing for their own lives, her parents took her to the established meeting place, the oldest and largest tree on the outskirts of town. There, for the Dragon Blooded to assure that her family would never cross him again, he killed her at the base of the tree. At that moment of her death, The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears offered her a chance for revenge. She accepted, and the earth split, throwing her body beneath the roots of the tree she was slain under and into the Underworld beneath.

There she began to enjoy her undeath, and learned to bend both the powers of creation and the powers of darkness to her will. When her studies were over, and her metamorphasis into a proper deathknight complete, the ascended back to Creation, to return to her hometown. Once there, she stood beneath the very tree she was slain under, and unleashed her vengeance upon the very people that gave her life away to save their own. The tree itself decayed away, and the town was filled with blight and plagues. But she did not wait for the curse of disease and famine to kill everyone in the town, she had a boat to catch.

Character sheet here. Mark II
Also first time making an exalted character. Constructive criticism appreciated because I had no idea what I was doing for most of this.

EDIT: :doh:

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 9, 2012

OldMidgetWillow
Aug 12, 2004
perhaps after dinner i will order some more monuments and tall, phallic structures be built in my honor
I will get a full background/edit of my char in...17 hours, but I am dead to the world until then.

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.
Picks today? I am excited for this game!

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
The vote is unanimous.

The horror, Instantanious.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Through my amazing power to perform basic arithmetic, I have determined that there are exactly enough apps for two whole parties! So here's the kicker: there are going to be two whole parties!

That's right! Everyone who submitted a character is in!

I'll leave it up to you to pick teams and design your respective GHOOOOST BOAAAAATs. Once that's done, you can expect the game thread to be up within a couple hours. Who needs a social life? Not this goon!

Note: This does not necessarily mean recruitment is closed. Should anyone else finish a character before team-forming and boat-designing are over, and one or both teams be cool with bringing them on board, they're welcome to join as well.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Alright, I have two artifact points for a boat and can sail one. My dude's two main shticks are fighting people in a direct and straightforward way and having a scary aura. Dudes can't mutiny with me on a ship.

I was thinking maybe some of those flexible soulsteel armor plates for the ship. They look like they'd render us immune to all but the best cannons.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'm super good and seanking and fighting~ Timezone is GMT also.

I unfortunately have no dots to contribute to the ship :v:

Bardlebee
Feb 24, 2009

Im Blind.

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Through my amazing power to perform basic arithmetic, I have determined that there are exactly enough apps for two whole parties! So here's the kicker: there are going to be two whole parties!

That's right! Everyone who submitted a character is in!

I'll leave it up to you to pick teams and design your respective GHOOOOST BOAAAAATs. Once that's done, you can expect the game thread to be up within a couple hours. Who needs a social life? Not this goon!

Note: This does not necessarily mean recruitment is closed. Should anyone else finish a character before team-forming and boat-designing are over, and one or both teams be cool with bringing them on board, they're welcome to join as well.

Alright, I vote that we create the first group with Team Ladiez

There can be no other configuration. :colbert:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I support this motion.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
If people want to do a ladies' team, that's cool with me.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

What about doing teams based on people's deathlord lieges?

I think it might break down fairly naturally into an East vs. West type thing.

Team 1??

The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears
------------------------------
Never Within Reach - Day Caste Martial Artist
The Last Forsaken Poem - Moonshadow Caste Martial Artist and Diplomat
The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore - Midnight Caste Sailor/Engineer

The Mask of Winters
Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm - Moonshadow Caste Archer/Sailor
Last Damnation of Atlantis - Dusk Caste Melee/Sailor

Team 2??

The Bishop of the Chalcedony Thurible
Daughter of Onyx and Silver - Day Caste Martial Artist

The Bodhisattva Anointed by Dark Water
Drowned Maiden of the Unending Abyss - Day Caste Melee Fighter

Princess Magnificent with Lips of Coral and Robes of Black Feathers
-----------------------------
Wandering Rainbow - Midnight Caste Skeleton

Unknown
Watcher at the Gate of Sorrow - Moonshadow Caste Sailor
Krysmphoenix's dude - Daybreak Caste Sorceror/Engineer

I am on Pacific time.

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 9, 2012

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
I will note that captaining charms can't be stacked save through Fel Captain's Techniques, and even then only once we've established a larger fleet to place the Fel Captain at the head of. So placing say Wyrm, Atlantis, and Waves on the same vessel is wasteful.

(We're gonna need more boats)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Bouquet posted:

What about doing teams based on people's deathlord lieges?

I think it might break down fairly naturally into an East vs. West type thing.
I'm leaning towards Lovers right now, still need to sit down and churn out a proper background. Don't put me with The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, because he also went for Medicine/Craft which most other people avoided (I think). No one else took Sorcery to my knowledge, but The Waves is the closest to me so we should probably be split up.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
gently caress it the other for points of artifact I got are all going into the boat.

We have the best boat, get owned other team

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Based on IRC talks, it's looking like the grouping is going to be as follows:

Team 1:
A_Raving_Loon as Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm, Moonshadow Caste Captain/Artillerist
Bardlebee as The Last Forsaken Poem, Moonshadow Caste Kung-Fu Diplomat
mistaya as Never Within Reach, Day Caste Ninja
Krysmphoenix as [insert name here], Daybreak Caste Sorcerer/Necromancer
Mighty Dicktron as Wandering Rainbow, Midnight Caste Party Skeleton

Team 2:
oldmidgetwillow as Watcher at the Gates of Sorrow, Daybreak Caste Admiral/Necromancer
MiltonSlavemasta as Last Damnation of Atlantis, Dusk Caste First Mate/Murder Machine
MadcapViking as Daughter of Onyx and Silver, Day Caste Assassin/Spy
PrinnySquadron as Drowned Maiden of the Unending Abyss, Day Caste Melee Blender
Bouquet as The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, Midnight Caste Engineer

If anyone has any objections to this spread, please bring them up now before I commit to it!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Looks good to me!

Never is finally finished, completely retooled for flying archery hijinks. Backstory is basically the same. (West Coast Best Coast.)

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Team 2 has 1 (MadcapViking) + 1? (OldMidgetWillow) + 2 (Milton) + 3 (Bouquet) = 6-7 artifact points for their ghost ship.

I am going to use the Glorious Dragonfly-class patrol boat and Swift Midday Brilliance-class light warships as a baseline.

Imminent Revelation necrotech clipper ship Repair 3

-Double hulled catamaran (each hull built up from a base of a Roc keelbone)
-Three masts capable of mounting standard sails and/or artifact ghost sails woven from souls in a process similar to soulsteel creation. Ghost sails can be set to catch the winds of Creation or the winds of the Underworld when operated by a captain with the appropriate skills.
-Four hydrofoils consisting of reanimated giant manta rays (two per hull, mounted fore and aft)
-Solid deck stretching between the hulls
-Length and height appropriate to all this other poo poo, I don't actually know anything about big fancy yachts

Speed: 1/2 mph with no wind (manta ray wings alone), 10/20mph under sail (light or adverse wind), 18/36mph under sail on foils (moderate wind), +5/10mph with ghost sails deployed

Maneuverability: +0S when maneuvering soley with manta wings (Occult 3, Lore 3, Sail 3), -2S (Sail 3) under sail, -3S (Sail 5) under sail on foils, +1 with ghost sails deployed (Occult 3, Lore 3)

Endurance: In order to use the ghost sails or manta ray foils the captain must attune to the ship by committing 7 motes.

The ghost sails must be maintained after 300 hours of usage. The manta ray foils must be maintained after 200 hours of maneuvering or hydrofoil operation.

Crew: 20/8

Cargo: 40 total crew and passengers and ten tons of cargo belowdecks, up to 40 additional passengers on deck exposed to surface conditions

Armor: 15L/20B

Health Levels: Ux30/Mx20/Cx10/Ix5/D

Weapons: Medium Implosion Bow with 270 degree arc of fire in the bow, Medium Essence Cannon with 180 degree arc of fire in the stern

Extras: Two tons of weight and half the belowdecks cargo space is given over to a necrotech/magitech workshop and tools for maintaining/servicing the ship, its weapons, and the personal equipment of the crew. Equivalent to Shogunate era workshop containing a complete set of Shogunate tools. +1 to the difficulty of repair rolls not relying on Charms for working on ship and crew items, +2 difficulty for newly encountered items.

Hearthstone to power the Essence Cannon is The Death-Speech Gemstone (Abyssal 3) being loaned from Ceaseless' Liege rating. Ceaseless also has a rank 2 air hearthstone he could use to power the Implosion Bow.

Bouquet fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Hey Bouquet, shouldn't a ship using that as the base have 30mph engines with 60mph overdrive? Are we choosing not to do engines?

• Locked thread