Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

sharkytm posted:

Ken,
If you are interested, I've got a bunch of 14" 4x100 VW Snowflakes off my old GTI's. Not 15", but way closer and cheaper.

I'd love em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bang Me Please posted:

Haven't posted here in a long time but I think some of you or somebody you know might be interested in the car a coworker is trying to sell.

1990 Audi Coupe Quattro
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/4982387507.html

I've seen this in person and up on a lift at work and can attest that while not perfect it is a solid car that he's put time and money into to maintain & repair. He's only getting rid of it due to storage costs and wishing to downsize his automotive stable. For any questions and/or offers regarding the car please contact him via the craigslist ad.

:stare: drat, that's nice.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

:siren: FREE 1988 VOLVO 244DL :siren:

That's right, it's free to the first person that wants it (and of course actually shows up). Body is in good shape but it needs paint, interior is in good shape, it will need a drivers door window. Doesn't come with an engine but a M47 transmission is included for shigs.

If you've been looking for something to drop a V8 into and go troll the local Camaro/Mustang crowd, this is a perfect starting point. Best part being that it's 100% loving FREE, of course.

Located in Charlottesville, VA. Come and get this thing out of my driveway before I have to move.

:smith: drat it, the worst timing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Guys, my dad wrecked his 2010 Jetta TDI. I want it. So one of my cars has to go:

1998 Jetta TDI with ALH Frankenmotor
$1,500— Dacula, Georgia
Well, my dad wrecked his 2010 Jetta TDI, which I want. So I gotta let my guy go.

Its a 1998 Jetta TDI, 301,000 miles on it. I put in a 2001 ALH motor combined with the AHU intake and turbocharger, which while lacking the VNT turbo, it still has plenty of get up and go. Had to add a lift pump for the 11mm IP, which is powered by the fuel cutoff switch.

Mods:
- ALH Block, Head, and Automatic 11mm IP
- Bosio Sprint 556 Injector nozzles
- ARP Headstuds

New:
- Front wheel bearings
- Piston rings
- VR6 clutch, throwout bearing, and pressure plate.
- Heater core
- Battery
- Ignition Switch. Starter is currently on an external covered switch from when the ignition switch was bad, but can be removed now. I just never bothered.
- Harmonic Balancer
- Ball joints.

Rebuilt:
- AC compressor, system blows ice cold

Bad:
- It needs new rear wheel bearing races, the car drives fine but the races are just no good.
- Muffler is starting to rust out.
- Paint looks like crap. Clear coat is flaking. But minimum of rust.
- No timing belt cover due to the condition the ALH was in when I recovered it from its donor car.

I'll get photos when I get home.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 24, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Oh man, wish I was closer :(

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

blk posted:

$75 + shipping each or $125 for the lot. They're heavy so it's probably a long shot but I thought I'd offer em up.

I'm interested in the Elitebook.

ub3ratl4sf00 (a) gmail

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Guys, I'm selling my Surface Pro 1 to fund a wiring harness and ECU for happy fun times:

Core i5
4GB DDR3
64GB SSD + 64GB SDXC
Detatchable keyboard with Secondary Battery
Bluetooth, Wifi, etc.

Asking $300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Also: Selling my Megasquirt1 V3.0
Updated to MSExtra firmware, setup to control fuel and spark with distributor hall trigger.
Added built in Bluetooth serial and changed LEDs to White/Blue to diagnostic purposes in daylight.

Its gone.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 4, 2016