Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Remember, everything in here is at your own risk! If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is! Don't wire anything to Nigeria, dumbass!

DISCUSSION: SA-Mart rules apply, which is to say, don't post in here if you are not selling something or buying something. I don't care if you think someone's price is terrible, or if someone should buy a different car, this is not the thread for that.

PARTS AND OTHER SHIPPABLE / PAYPAL-ABLE ITEMS: If you want to sell something like this, you must post a thread in SA-Mart (following all of the rules there) and then you are welcome to link and copy the OP of that thread into a post here. There are rules regarding photos of items, length of time a seller has been a member, etc. that you will need to follow, and if you're not willing or able to meet those rules, posting something here as an end-run around that will not be looked upon lightly.

WHOLE CARS: If you're selling an item that no sane person would just send you a Paypal / Google Checkout / Buttcoin for, and that you wouldn't pack into a FedEx box, you do not have to post it in SA-Mart, but I still recommend that you do. Realistically any of you who are buying cars here should be doing the deal in person.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

If interested, reply to my SA-Mart thread please!

So I have some left-over parts now that I no longer have my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3. I expect that the only ones that have any shot of selling here are the oil filters; the brake rotors are just not going to be viable to ship but I'm posting them anyway in case someone near the Phoenix AZ area wants them for any reason. I'll need to calculate actual shipping for anything that goes out so the prices below don't include it. Some of these parts may fit other cars (probably other Mazdas, maybe a Ford or a Volvo) but it's up to you to verify fitment.

Oil filters:

Six Wix 57203, one OEM Mazda L321-14-302. Also one Dorman 917-004 filter endcap. $2.50 per filter and $5 for the endcap.

New brake parts:

Two Centric rear rotors (120.45067), and an axle set of rear Hawk HPS pads (HB478 F.605). $10 each for the rotors plus shipping, $45 for the pads.

Used front rotors:

These had about 40k on them when I took them off in either 2009 or 2010. They will absolutely need to be turned - both for warping and also for some damage I did while trying to get them off of the goddamn hubs (second photo). I'm also thinking $10 per rotor here plus shipping, though I suspect I'll be better off trying to figure out where I actually can sell scrap metal. If someone actually cares I can put a set of calipers on them and see how much meat is left on them.

If interested, reply to my SA-Mart thread please!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Buy my old tach! Autometer 3900 5" pedestal mount, $30. SA-Mart Link Sold!

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 29, 2014

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sold

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 3, 2014

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Need spare parts for a Ranger, a driver's window regulator for a NB, or want to stock up on old rear end fluids that I'd rather not just recycle if I can avoid it? Click here then!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

There, I've changed the rules so all of you pedants can stop out-pedanting each other.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

you're selling something, talk up what's good and downplay what's bad

To add to this - people expect some dishonesty in car ads. A long list of problems raises the question of "if he's telling me all of this is wrong, what's really wrong with this rolling tire fire?"

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That's better suited for the stupid questions thread, but no you absolutely do not want to do a sale where the buyer does not immediately retitle the car. This article explains why but in a nutshell, until it is retitled you are still the legal owner of the car, and that means you can be held liable for anything like unpaid parking tickets, impound fees, poo poo like that.

If the buyer doesn't want to actually take possession of the title, he's not really a car dealer and is probably just someone trying to pretend they are one without paying fees. By never titling the cars himself, he never hits the limit of title transfers per year.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The problem is, the second anyone ever has to do an in depth inspection on the car and they notice the VIN plate has been tampered with, you're so very very hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

TheFonz posted:

I'm flabergasted that's not selling.

All y'all need to move to more lenient states. Inspections are dumb.

AZ is about as lenient as you get and they still do inspections on restored salvage cars to ensure they're not using stolen parts and that all the VINs match.