Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'm interested as well and you can just post here about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Bovril Delight posted:

I emailed Mafoose, I was thinking around $105 shipped. He's got first dibs if the price is good.
Seems like that's what they go for on Amazon, so I'm out :)

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

ExecuDork posted:

Making the goon discount 95% off would qualify as a horrible financial decision. Do that, and we can make it happen!
Do it, and I'll cash out my 401k (also a horrible financial decision) to buy it.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

If you are cashing out a 401k to buy a $4000 GTR I don't think you need to be making any more bad financial decisions.
Jeez, Dad!

it was a joke, guys, relax. I'm too young to have a retirement account.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah you don't need to start one until you are like 45.
That's dumb. I'm not going to retire until my 60s, that's, like ... forever from 45. Which is, like, forever from now!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

I have a set of four pristine floor mats, black, originally for a 2005 VW Golf GL. They have never been used (got the rubber mats), they just rode around in the trunk for a couple years. Now they're a bit dusty on a garage shelf. They would probably fit any Mk IV Golf/GTI/Jetta, but I don't know that for a fact. They've got the little holes you pass the little twisty locks through to hold them in place.

I also have an owner's manual for a 2005 Golf GL, mint condition

Also, a "Haynes Repair Manual for VW Golf, GTI, & Jetta 1999 thru 2005, all 4-cylinder gas engines and the TDI (1999-2004)." very good condition.

These items are located in 94520. The books could be shipped very cheaply at book rate, the mats are a bit bulky but could be rolled up or folded to ship for probably a reasonable amount.

Best offer. Pics on request.
Is there any chance these fit a 2003 Passat? If so, I'd be very interested.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

The Passat in that era was a different platform. A quick google for 2003 passat floor mats shows mats that are a different shape (like the ones in this ebay auction). Sorry. :(

Worth a try. Thank you, and good luck :)

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Anyone want a oil adapter seal kit for a Jeep 4.0 or an axle seal for a Chrysler 8.25" rear end?

Bought two of the first one (and have therefore already replaced it) and now have a Ford 8.8", so ... they're pretty much free for the taking. The oil adapter seal will fit in an envelope, so if you PM me your address, I'll mail it to you. The Axle seal ... I'll try if you want, but I'm not putting more than a stamp on it, so who knows if they'll take it? :)

Posting this in Jeep thread, too.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Anyone want a slightly used but good condition Metra 70-1817 Radio Wiring Harness For Chrysler/Jeep 1984-2006?

It was well installed in my '00 Jeep, it's still in good shape (I would absolutely reuse it if I had thought of removing it before I bought another one). Yours in the continental states for the low low price of an address to ship it to.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Pay someone to do items 1 and 2, then sell it for more?
Alternatively, put it on Craigslist for a underprivileged person (teenager?) to get a small foot up. Then, enjoy the feeling of helping people.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Larrymer posted:

Oh I know, I just figured it would be close enough without really throwing the numbers in a tire calculator. Silly me
Are you sure? Because you said "10mm" when you posted them here and didn't think that 10% was a lot.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Seminal Flu posted:

That thing needs a serious meatpimp body rub.
Don't we all.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Slippery posted:

I apologize, I'm way out on the east coast near VA but would fly out somewhere. I appreciate any info, these cars are getting expensive, it appears.
Just checked my local craigslist, and it looks like there’s a fair variety of what I’d call reasonable, although that perception varies.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=iroc

There’s even one that matches your description for 11.5k:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/oak-view-1989-camaro-iroc-z28/6798795583.html

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Darchangel posted:

It was a vendor display cabinet, steel and acrylic, for sunglasses, I think. This one has wheels as well.
I can confirm that. I haven't seen one of those in awhile, but we had that exact same style at my first job.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

wallaka posted:

Valentine V1 with speed control module $20+ shipping. It works well but too many false positives.
Uh, I’m totally interested in this. Can you post a pic?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

wallaka posted:

Sorry my dude, sold within 10 minutes locally. Honestly, LED taillights , automatic doors and radar cruise control set it off, that's why I set it so cheap. Tough can update them to make them better about it, but I didn't have the cable.
Oh, I know, I have one. I wanted to get a second one for my other car.

$20 would have been an amazing deal, they're ~$500 new.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I feel like LobsterBoyX should get right of first refusal on those ... he's definitely the old car guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I'd be really tempted to build a modern unit that provides the same sound if you can't find the original, but I'm also slowly working on doing that so I can make mine make weird noises at people.

Hell, I'd be tempted to load that sound - that's pretty cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qreQRydFw&t=54s (warning, loud)