Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....
1998 Mazda B2500 Extended Cab Pickup (Ford Ranger)

The good: I've put 170K miles on this truck, and it's NEVER left me stranded or failed to start. Solid vehicle in terms of dependability; 200k miles on the factory clutch and still going strong. Well maintained in terms of fluids / everything the owner's manual says throughout it's life.

The bad: Front swaybar is a rattling joke. Front A-Arms replaced @ 100k miles, but MIGHT be bad, I can't tell because of all the noise the lack-of-swaybar-bushings make. Eats tires every 10k at present, leaving steel belts showing on the inside and full tread on the outside. Something is horribly wrong with the front suspension.

The Ugly: Body has been beat to poo poo. A mitsubishi eclipse totalled itself hitting the rear bumper (minor dent). An F-350 driven by a 16 year old caved in the passenger front quarter-panel in a parking lot (she was hot, but this was not known until she was convicted of hit and run). An unknown oval office in a parking lot caved in the driver's side 'king-cab' section, and did not leave a note. The idiot behind the wheel (me) Totalled a Civic by pushing it's trunk into it's back-seat at a yield sign (Fucker should have gone! Traffic was clear. He was on his cellphone). Front bumper is hilariously hosed.

Overall, this truck has a 2:1 kill rate for other cars in accidents :) I'll miss it.

Local junkers will give me $200 tow-away... The local junkyard will give me $300 for anything that arrives under it's own power.

It's not worth fixing, but it's been a daily-driver for the last 6 months in this condition, and it's worth more than that :P

I know these engines are worth more than junk in running shape, and there is a Mazda M50D transmission attached to it. I'm open to any offers above junkyard rates. This truck was my baby for 10 years, and I'd rather see it parted out to live forever than junked for scrap metal.

I'm in northern VA, but I'm happy to meet you halfway for a decent price. PM if interested in paying more than junkyard rates for a running, working vehicle. I'm junking it in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU