Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hey just curious, anybody here interested in:

A 97 miata motor with 88k miles
A 91 Saab turbo 16V motor with 110k miles
An 03 Honda Civic D17A2 motor with under 40k miles (he couldn't remember exact mileage, it should be written on the motor somewhere)

My dad has them and is blowing them out cheap. I figure I'd give goons dibs before craigslist. We can ship but local pickup in the Portland OR area is preferred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Anyone in here got an '87-'90 Toyota Corolla? I have a 1-1/4" uhaul hitch for that car that I'll ship anywhere in the states to anyone who can use it.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 11, 2022

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Anybody in the PNW need a tow bar? $25 goon price, can deliver within an hour of the Portland area. I'd also be willing to wrap it in cardboard and ship it but it's pretty heavy, can't imagine that'd be cheap.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Sorry guys, my buddy had to decide to sell either his Element or Fiat 500e and he decided to sell the Fiat.

On that note, anyone in the Portland area want a White Fiat 500e (full electric)? Going to be asking about 9k but the price is negotiable. It's not available for another month so you have time to think about it. It has about a 90 mile range. Comes with 110v and 220v chargers.

It's a 2012 or 2013 and has under 100k as far as I remember. I'll have more accurate info at the end of May when it's officially for sale. I guess if someone really wanted it sooner it could be made available, it's not like he doesn't have the other car to commute in.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Apr 25, 2023

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

SOLD

Anybody in Oregon want an electric Fiat? Even as eco-wimpy as it is, it still goes like stink. I'd guess it has more torque than anything I've ever driven.

2015 Fiat 500E
65000 miles
110 mile range
110/220v charger

Selling for a friend, qualifies for a 30% tax credit making it actual cost of $6650 (or less) if you qualify as a buyer.

Has a few minor paint chips and a wear spot on the driver's seat but otherwise is very clean and straight.

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/used-clean-vehicle-credit

Sold the car, got $8000 for it. Leaving the ad up for the information in it.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 7, 2023

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Yeah I just sold a car on craigslist and the amount of work people will put in just to harvest an email or phone number is pretty strange. I had about 6 people contact me in the first week, one carried on a complete conversation before he got to the crux of it, he wanted me to get his non-carfax report (which is where they charge your card, send you a fake report saying your car is perfect, then ghost you).

Oh and carmax signed me up for a shitload of spam email which for some reason comcast can't seem to filter out. I get 10 a day at an address that got 0 until I used it for carmax. And they never even gave me the online quote, they told me they had to see the car first. Maybe I had an impostor website or something.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Any of you vintage garage guys interested in something like this? It's an old school explosion proof trouble light, but the reel is rated for 460VAC/250VDC at 15A. There's one on ebay for $450 right now, I guess there's demand but I'd send it to a goon for significantly less. it's a little dirty and has some tan paint splashed on the other side. I'll post more pics if anyone really wants it. Shipping will be crazy because it weighs probably 40 lb or so.

The patent was granted in 1937 and this design matches the patent drawings. https://patents.google.com/patent/US2074305

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

Yeah the problem I see with it is that it's so ungodly heavy with that aluminum guard and glass bulb on it that if you were to use it around a car you'd 100% bash a body panel in with it at some point. Otherwise I'd use it. I figure someone who likes the look could just put a real bright bulb in it and use it as a regular light fixture. I'll probably do that if nobody wants it.