Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Selling my old Pioneer DEH-6400BT head unit for cheap (LGT SA-Mart thread)

SA-Mart post, in accordance with the rules:

Pioneer DEH-6400BT car stereo (link goes to Pioneer's product page).

e: sold.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658386

Here's an odd one.

I've removed OnStar from my car (2006 Saturn Ion) - the basic module itself has failed (radio transceiver module crapped out), and is no longer available from GM.

I replaced the factory mirror - which has OnStar buttons, auto dimming, compass, outside temp, the 3 OnStar buttons, and the OnStar LED - with one that lacks the OnStar features.

I know for sure it'll work on 06+ Ions and Relays, possibly Vues. It's up to you to check for parts compatibility. Let me know what numbers you need to match it up, but it seems to use the standard later model GM mirror plug.

The mirror is nearly pristine - I'd give it a 9 out of 10. All buttons work, all LEDs and displays work. A nice wipedown with glass cleaner will make it look brand new.

This is perfect for someone who has a similar model vehicle with a peeling/separating mirror - they're pretty well known for the reflective surface peeling away from the glass itself.

I replaced it with a version without OnStar - the one I picked up still has everything except the OnStar stuff.

Yes, my desk is a mess.

$25 shipped USPS Priority in the lower 48 US? If you'd like proof that it works, I have no problem plugging it back into the car, though the OnStar LED won't light up without an active OnStar plan.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

2006 Saturn Ion 2 coupe. 179k, manual 5 speed.

It's basically a 3 without the automatic headlights and white gauges. It has every loving option except foglights. It was a demo car (guessing by the fact that it didn't get registered until it had almost 3k, plus the weird options for a base model).

The good:
It has ~9 month old Moog front quickstruts and sway bar end links, ~1 year old rear AC Delco shocks
:siren: The AC works well :siren:
New Roadhugger GTP tires + alignment by Austin Automotive
Recent OEM plugs + Felpro valve cover gasket
Power windows work
Will have the level 3 factory stereo in it (decent upgrade in both sound quality and features over the base radio)
Clutch seems to be in good shape
Has level 3 rearview mirror (outside temp + compass) + level 3 front seats (much more comfortable).
Most motor mounts relatively recent
Includes a set of sway bar bushings and a new serpentine belt (uninstalled)
No codes (pending or stored), and all emissions monitors complete. *Emissions monitors may get reset when I remove my sub and amp, depending on if I pull the negative cable or just yank the fuse and leave the wiring intact
All glass good, no cracks.
Remote keyless entry (when the power lock solenoids work....). 1 remote programmed, 2 spares included. *NOTE: It takes a locksmith or a Tech2 to program the extra remotes in.
That's... about it.

The known bad:
Electrical issues (random alternator light despite it still charging, electric PS craps out in heavy rain along with cluster, sunroof motor is dead, power locks are mostly dead, cruise doesn't work due to broken return spring on clutch)
Rusted out fuel line, suspected broken supply line from fuel pump as well (severe leak from top of tank, minor leak from supply line under car)
Interior is rough (cut carpet to replace parking brake cable, sagging headliner, driver's seat padding is all but gone)
Engine runs rough and misses badly if parked more than a few days, but runs fine (if not a bit weak) otherwise.
2nd gear sometimes useful for upshifts, not at all useful for downshifts
Rusty, but not holes in the floor rusty.
During alignment, shop mentioned control arm bushings are gone.
:supaburn: It sprays gas on the exhaust anytime the fuel pump is running.

I just wanna try and cover some of what I dropped on tires. It has new Road Hugger GTP tires on it (Discount Tire store brand, but made by Kumho - P195/65R15). I think the fronts have 3k on them, the rears less than 1k. I can find receipts if you want.

Note: the registration is good until 5/20. But you are not getting my plates or tags, so you'll basically have to get it inspected and registered again. If you can fix the major fuel leak, it'll pass inspection easily. Autonation Chevrolet Northwest refused to touch the fuel leak despite it being covered under an enhanced warranty program.

Anyone stupid enough to drop $400 on this shitpile? Bump it up a little and I'll throw in a lovely amp and sub. LKQ has offered $290.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

W123 240D? You did plan on the trip taking a couple of weeks nonstop at the highest speed it can hit, right? :v:

(seriously though... I'd probably drive one if I could find one with a manual for a decent price)