Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If we're going to post screenshots and summaries of games, why not make it a link in the OP and have it link to a new wiki page titled 'Recommended/Legacy games of *system here*'

Then we can go crazy with pictures and summaries of why you should play this game.

In recent retro playing news, I actually managed to complete RE1 Dualshock edition. Man, RE1 is balls hard and it really is survival horror as I was dreading there being more hunters in the next room so I wouldn't have to use my limited shotgun bullets/herbs.

Gonna work on RE2 next and most people seem to say Leon A/Claire B is how it's intended. I assume I have to play Leon and Claire to get the full story? (Can't just quit after finishing Leon A)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

We totally can do that; I just feel like things are more likely to be seen than if it's just a link to it. Also, people would be less likely to give their two cents in on the topic.

This is the problem we have with the wiki as stated before. It could be a good reference but nobody contributes to it.

Why?

Because we assume nobody will use it.

Why not list the major systems (and revisions), give a few teasers of screenshots of games on the system and have a text list of notable/legacy games? We can have the extra pictures/summaries inside the wiki link (hotlink the games to wiki articles in the same post)

This would make a pretty good 3rd post of the OP.

Tobaccrow posted:

From late in the last thread/Nintendo World Catalog:

This would go nicely under the section in the OP on why not just emulate. You can't emulate Castlevania-forged friendship OR juice, motherfuckah!

I am always going to associate the 90s with radical hot neon colors. You would never see a kid's room painted that color these days.

Is there any retro magazines (note, actually released in the 90s) that people like to reread? I'm thinking of grabbing some old EGMs and old NPs and throwing it on a tablet.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Tell you what. Lemme grab my N64 writeup from the old thread and you have my permission to use anything in there for a third post.

Will edit this in a few minutes.

Sorry for making this page huge:

The Nintendo 64

One of the most underrated consoles out there, there was only around 350 games released for the console.

One of the most prominent things I should note about this is that it was the last hurrah for cartridge based consoles (excluding portables).
To some here, cartridges may appeal to the collector's sense more, and they can be noticeably easier to keep in good condition compared to CDs.

Notable releases/Must Haves:

Super Mario 64

Still one of the best 3D platformers around, if you never played this mario game, you better drat well get an N64 and get it!

Banjo-Kazooie

One of Rare's better collect-a-thons before they went totally crazy balls to the wall with DK64, and jet Force Gemini. If you like this, consider the sequel Banjo Tooie, but it does have significantly more backtracking, and larger worlds, and more complicated collecting.

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon

Incredibly wacky zelda-like game with a musical intro, giant robot fights, puzzles and dungeons and even a health upgrade system very similar to Zelda. It's the best Zelda that's not Zelda. gently caress Darksiders, this is the real Good Zelda game that's not Zelda.

Snowboard Kids

This was pretty wonderful for its time. It's basically Mario Kart, but with kids on snowboards! Pretty cool battle system, and you can do tricks for money to buy weapons.

Star Fox 64

I can't let you do that Star Fox. Everyone will know this as one of the most quotable games of all time. I don't need to say more. Made the rumble pack insanely worth it.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I don't need to say much about this. Zelda made a wonderful jump to 3D, and this game is still considered one of the best games of all time.

Doom 64

Wait, what? Yes, Doom got a wonderful game on the N64. Doom 64 is a ton of new Doom levels, and it's actually very well done performance-wise.

Beetle Adventure Racing

Yes, this game features only Beetles. Yet, it's still more fun than GT5 (oooh ice burn). Creative tracks and fun to drive variety of Beetles from sporty Beetle to police Beetle make this a great racer.

Body Harvest

Rockstar made this game. It's essentially GTA, but with tanks and planes and alien bugs that want to destroy the world. You travel through time to stop them and ayadda yadda, it's got a B+ movie storyline with some unique gameplay for it's time.

Bomberman 64

Probably the best Bomberman ever made. Incredible robust singleplayer mode with bosses, creative puzzles and KICKING RAD MUSIC! Doesn't hurt that it has a good multiplayer aspect to it as well.

Blast Corps

Our very own goon member furry drum circle holds the SDA speed run record for this game as well as some world records. Pretty fun game where the goal is to destroy everything so a nuke doesn't blow up.

Harvest Moon 64

Still probably one of the best Harvest Moons out there. Raise a farm, get married, have a dog, its like most Harvest Moons. If you're going to collect n64 games, try to get this one first, it's becoming rarer and rarer.

F-Zero X

Locked at a silky-smooth 60 frames per second, this takes the formula established in the SNES version to the extreme. F-Zero X casts off the shackles of Mode 7 and gains huge jumps, bounds-defying tubes, and gravity-defying loops. Instead of 4 vehicles, there are now 30 potential rivals that you need to out maneuver to win your circuit, and the multiplayer's not bad either.

The New Tetris

If Doom's on the list, Tetris should be too. Sure it's been done on other consoles, but I think this may be my favorite version. I haven't seen the "block" mechanic in any other Tetris game and it adds a nice new twist to racking up high scores. As you play, you unlock "wonders", giant sculptures built by your cleared Tetris pieces, and there are enough in the game that it would take months if not years to unlock them all. Finally, the music is absolutely incredible, and the ROM contains the best hidden-on-a-game-cartridge rant ever written.

Ogre Battle 64

Yet another rare game and totally fun to play. It can be a little slow, and it mentions nothing about the Chaos Frame system that affects whatever ending you get, but still a worthwhile release on the N64!

Rare Not for Resale cartridges!
If you're looking for rare poo poo, some games were released as 'Not for Resale.' This are mostly demo models, but they go for a pretty penny.
These titles include (but I think there's a few more out there):
Goldeneye 007
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Snap
Mario Kart 64
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Star Fox 64
Pokemon Stadium
Let's just say if it says Not for Resale on it, it's worth a pretty penny, and far more than a retail cartridge.

Some N64 games were released as rental only from Blockbuster and the like, so they're pretty hard to find in the wild. These include: (stolen from digitpress)
Rare Rental Only Games
1. Clayfighter 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (Blockbuster excl.) - this is the hardest exclusive to find, mostly because of it's age. It was released towards the beginning of the N64 lifespan. In my opinion (and others), it is THE hardest N64 title to find. Not that any of them are incredibly hard to find. It rarely comes up on eBay.
2. International Superstar Soccer 2000 (Retailer exlusive) - at first, this title was thought to be a Blockbuster exclusive, but I have retail sources who were able to order this title new (at the time of it's release). Regardless, it was still an exclusive of sorts, and released later in the N64 lifespan. Difficult to find, but not impossible. I have an easier time finding it NEW, than loose - it's actually a great soccer game.
3. Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (Blockbuster & LucasArts Exclusive) - this was available for rent/sale at Blockbuster, and for sale through the LucasArts online store. Not too terrible to find, but getting a complete one can be a challenge.
4. Stunt Racer 64 (Blockbuster exclusive) - older release, somewhat tough to find complete
5. International Track & Field 2000 (Blockbuster exclusive)
6. Razor Freestyle Scooter (Blockbuster exclusive)
7. NFL Blitz Special Edition (Blockbuster exclusive)
8. Transformers Beast Wars - Transmetals (Blockbuster exclusive)

Love different console colors? The N64 has a ton in stock!

You've got your standard grey, a nice golden console, and the Future series:

Holy poo poo, look at all of those colors!

Also, if you just like incredibly rare and obscure stuff for the sake of it being rare and obscure, look into the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive! Incredibly expensive (most go for over $500) and released in Japan only, it makes an awesome rare piece for your collection. To sum it up, it's basically a rarer Sega CD, of which only a few games were developed for the DD.

There is an Everdrive 64 for all your flashcart needs.

I know most of you guys here grew up on the NES and maybe the SNES, so I decided to do a write up to celebrate my favorite console and kind of get you guys into it before all these guys who grew up on it get a job and start buying a ton of N64 stuff. It's prime time to start collecting N64, if you're tired of your NESes and SNESes.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 6, 2012

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

^^^
Props for snowboard kids, goemon and body harvest. But no Mischief Makers or Space Station Silicon valley?

As far as the retro game room thing goes, even as a kid, I was never in a room that rad.

I was going to put on Mischief Makers (but I already had enough), but regarding Space Station Silicon Valley? It's a hard as balls game with an unbeatable ending thanks to a glitch. I admit it's unique and a cool idea, but I dunno, I just feel soured on the entire thing.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

zenintrude posted:

Someone sell me on (or off of) Pier Solar... my interest is piqued since it's being ported to Dreamcast, but I'm not sure if it's worth my $49 (or $125)

All I've heard is that it is beautiful pixel work, but the game is grindy as all hell (on the level of RPGS from that era, like Phantasy Star) and it is sort of a right pain in the butt to progress through the game.

So, this probably sold you on/off it already.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

voltron lion force posted:

From the last page, but could you remind me what that glitch was? I freaking love Silicon Valley, one of my favorite N64 games, and I'm like 90% certain I've seen the end screen. Also you're list is awesome, props for Body Harvest and Blast Corps.

I go by the GCCX logic of 'if you haven't seen the good ending, you haven't beat the game'

One of the trinkets you have to collect to get the good ending doesn't have any events flags set for it. It is literally a model that hovers and cannot be picked up. Your character will just go through it.

Without it, you can't get the true/good ending.

So really, you saw a ending but did you really beat the game?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Here's the sad truth about SA-Mart.

We have several guys who just buy games only to resell them on ebay.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just one, but we do have several. Not gonna name names here, but if I ever sell off any of my stuff, everyone here gets notification first (and in the IRC chat).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

voltron lion force posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't even think that game had a "good" ending. I guess I'll turn in my retro gamer card now :negative:

I do seem to remember that bug though since the souvenirs were tied to a secret level. IIRC you could unlock it with a cheat code, but did that unlock the ending too?

You can unlock the secret level but that's more of play this level from a menu. It won't trigger the flag for getting the good ending.

You can still view it with a gameshark IIRC.

Anyways yes, I file Space Station Silicon Valley as 'unbeatable n64 games' along with South Park (the fps) and Superman 64.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Kilazar posted:

Also keep it to sub $30 games. So no one has to break the bank to obtain it. I would be ok with a day being spent on Illusion of gaia, or any long game. The idea is to get people playing these games. Even if you can't beat it in a day, if you can make significant story line progress that would be ok. IMO.

How would we handle the "pick". Can the OP be edited with a poll each month? Or should we start a secondary thread each month for the pick and discussion?

Regarding a (thread) poll, that's out.

The forum software is really weird regarding polls. You can only vote in one thread poll, so say if RGB puts up a poll and we all vote it goes well. But if he changes the poll (for the next month or to add a game), we can't vote in it again for some reason.

A secondary thread might have to be made for each 'poll' but I don't know if we'll have enough people to make it worth it.

I do agree we should probably keep it under $30. Even $31-60 is pushing it and mostly stuff like popular RPGS fall into there so it's just not a good range.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Is there any reason why SNES games on Half.com seem so cheap? There are a few games for like .75 that go for $5+ on ebay.

Half.com shows you the price before shipping. Every item gets an automatic $4 dollars to ship. (unless it's from the same seller, then it's like an extra $2)

Ebay can show a price but include free shipping.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Did someone say sexy clear gameboys?!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is that a Gameboy Light? Who's soul did you sacrifice to dark scary places in order to get ahold of one?

I bought it a year and a half ago off a Japanese vendor on eBay. I guess I was lucky as I scored it (it's in great shape and has the battery cover) for about $60. Now it seems like you're lucky to find one for under $80 on eBay these days.

I also scored a DMG styled gameboy pocket CIB for about $50.
{not mine)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Xir posted:

That is not a bad collection at all User Friendly. Mine looks twitchy compared to that.

edit: Oh joy, my first top of page. Time to add some content.

Can anyone tell me what they thought of R-Type Command for PSP? I'm getting back into shooters and want a good one that I can take with me on the go while I'm traveling for business. I'm trying to decide between R-Type Command and Gradius Collection. I have a Vita but there's not really any good shooters out for it yet.

You know R-type Command is a stragety game right?

Also, you're best off getting Gradius, and importing the Salamander, and Paradious collections.

I believe R-Type Delta, and R-Types should be available on the PSN store. (you can still buy PS1 games on the psps right?)

If you can somehow get up a japanese account, there's a Darius game on there, DoDonPachi, Enhandler, and way more. And you should still be able to get the R-Type games on a japanese account.

Check this thread out
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3362476

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Xir posted:

Good grief no I did not know that. I thought I read that R-Type Command was a shooter. I'm glad you guys set me straight. I guess I should amend the question to say "how is R-Types?"

R-types is R-type 1+2. It's pretty good but the consensus has always been that the SNES ones are some of the best.

Delta is fun to play though, you should try it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Discount Viscount posted:

With a few exceptions, Irem's digital offerings have pretty much been purged from all download services as they've decided they don't like video games anymore. R-Types and R-Type Delta are among the casualties :smith:

Ooh, yeah I forgot about that.

This probably brings up a good point on virtual/digital games: If the publisher/developer/rights go out, then yeah you lose out on more people playing that game.

With physical stuff, you can resell it, or buy a copy from someone reselling (thankfully, most of these games are just .isos of original PSX ones) But you can see a case here why some of us aren't so hot about digital purchases.

I think I still have Delta on my PS3. I should sign in with my PSP and see if I can even grab it from the download history.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I actually opt'd out of the PS2 sale. I already have like 120 PS2 games anyway (and they all have the box at least)

I didn't want to do this because I know so many (disc) games without boxes would drive me nuts.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

zenintrude posted:

You and me both, brother... I don't want to see any of these disc-only collections for I may lose my lunch.

You also would think that because of the case, with easy shelfable ability, a place to keep a manual, and also, a place to keep your disc with minimal stratches, it'd be easy to get games complete in the PSX era and later.

(and before you say the same about how NES/SNES boxes have a good place to keep the manual, the game and can easily be put on a shelf, cardboard boxes are way less durable than dvd cases. And durability goes a long way, look at the Saturn cases.)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

cosmicjim posted:

Zen and Archon, did you guys get my gifts?

Hamburglar, do I need to do anything for supplies or cash to get the ball rolling on the snes stuff? I'm not in a hurry, I just wanted to make sure you aren't waiting on me for anything.

Also, this is time sensitive....
I'm selling a bunch of my rarest nintendo games on ebay. The really expensive stuff doesn't seem to do well on SAmart, so I'm going to do a round of cheaper stuff in SAmart after this stuff is sold and shipped.
Here's the link for my auctions...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cosmicjosh/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I'm trying to fit all of my collection into or on my 2 nintendo display cases, so a bunch of stuff I don't touch has got to go. Going to use the money for a new roof.

Archon got banned and probated for like a month.

For talking about his anime collection.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Since there's a lot of PS2 discussion, why not discuss the games you got or try to figure out what games to play first? We have a PS2 games thread, so you can read up on some of the games you got or see if there's any more you want to get to finish your PS2 collection.

PS2 Games Discussion
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3495364

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

lilcasino posted:

I know this is the wrong post to put this in, but since I don't know the people on the Halo thread thought I'd give anyone first shot.

My boss drinks mountain dew like crazy and I have about 100 dewxp caps. If anyone wants a code let me know.

I'd love some codes. Pm me please.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

iastudent posted:

Oh man, I would be all over this if someone wanted to split their order with me. I don't need or can't really afford $123 worth of stuff at this time, but I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help with odds and ends.

I pmed you about this but I'm putting it out there for anyone.

I have an item I'd like to get for 4,400 yen. It's ONE item, and not that heavy so it won't hurt your shipping ratio and be very cheap to ship to me.

That's almost halfway to your goal. If anyone wants to take me in on their order, just pm me.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

iastudent posted:

I'm already with you in PMs about this, but if there's anyone else that just needs a couple specific things, let me know here or in PMs about it. Preferably sooner rather than later, since I'd like to get an order submitted and get any inquiries into items taken care of before the deal ends.

I don't know how much stuff you need to get, but my portion of the order is 4,660 yen and almost half the entire order. We only need 5340 more yen, which is like 60 bucks, or $30 for you and $30 for someone else. or $20 for 3 people.

So really, we've got a good spot here for one or two more people (unless iastudent doesn't get very much)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

iastudent posted:

I've got $30 in stuff I'm interested in getting, so another $30 from anyone else would hit the deal target.

My current cart, including Ineffible's item:

If anyone doesn't want to go in on this, want both of us to add in another 15 dollars worth of stuff? It'd cost me more just to order that game by itself with shipping.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

zari-gani posted:

PM'd you with some stuff :v:

Looks like we're covered! Hopefully we can submit the order and finish inquiries before the deal is over.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Yeah I'm hoping we get some people because I really just want that one item.

edit: I like some of the engrish we get on product descriptions thanks to the english translated pages; ooh it is afb light!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Oh yeah, Arse is now a Venusaur and dude is a TANK. Nothing can scratch him.

And yes his name is Arse, because I am 12.

Have you caught a metapod and named it Penis yet?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Discount Viscount posted:

(And Super Scope 6 if I want to be a bigger smartass.)

Isn't there a big box edition of Super Gameboy too, with the guide? (dunno if RGB has it or not)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Unless I am remembering it wrong, I thought all Super Game Boy boxes were big. They'd at least have to be fairly large though, wouldn't they? I could have SWORN by Super Game Boy box as a kid was Earthbound sized yet it did not come with the player's guide. I of course could be wrong, though.

That's kind of cheating because they come with accessories, and don't really have a non-big box equivalent. But why am I kidding; I need a nice shelf of all SNES big boxes, don't I? Man OCD is a hell of a disorder.

Check these out man. There are two boxes that exist:

The second one may be larger than normal, but the first is the one that comes with the guide and is Big Box sized.

(now collect them all!)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Agrias120 posted:

I just picked up a Final Fantasy edition Wonderswan Color off of 8-bit Miniboss. I'm loving stoked to try it out, but unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas (my girlfriend was quick to claim it as a gift to me from her). Does anyone have any must-get games for it? I'm already planning on picking up Final Fantasy 2 and 4--language barrier isn't an issue.

All I know that might be good (if language isn't a problem) is that there's a Chocobo's Dungeon game for it, Clock Tower, Gunpey, Magical Drop 1, a whole mess of super robot taisen games, and I think that's about it.

Honestly, it's more a novelty than something I would actually play games on regularly.

If you want to check out a rare Wonderswan game, get Eschatos for the 360. It's the base game, plus 2 wonderswan titles: Judgement Silversword (ebay value at 200+) and Cardinal Sins (a wonderwitch only thing, and the wonderwitch is like 200+ to get too)

Eschatos can be less than 100 to get.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

This requires a doublepost.

Speed Run Marathon. Donations for Hurricane Sandy
http://hurricanesandython.com/

Lots of retro games going on. Marathon up for the next 5 days. Lots of retro games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Kreeblah posted:

Honestly, I'd say that if you're thinking about a clone, you'd probably actually be better served by using high-accuracy emulators (and a Retrode if you want to use carts and original controllers) since most of the ones that I'm aware of blow the clone systems out of the water.

There are actually quite a few games clone systems can't play.

Castlevania 3. Super Mario RPG. Star Fox. it goes on and on.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Those two are probably going to become the Earthbound/Panzer Dragoon Saga of the Wii in a few years, so grab them if you spot'em. Unless you're in the PAL region, that is (though I haven't seen a copy of Xenoblade in the wild in quite some time). Pandora's Tower is probably a rarity too, but it's not as great as the other two games. The only other games that might be valuable/rare off the top of my head would be Muramasa, Sin and Punishment Successor to the Skies/Star Successor (in the US), or Super Mario Bros All-Stars.

I don't think they will be as rare or as much as in demand, but they will do a good job of keeping value. Only time will tell, but unless there's an insane story behind the games rarity (there was a ps3 sports game that was shipped out and sold to/in retailers for one day and then all (unsold) copies were sent back) a lot of disc based games tend to have a relatively good amount of stock out there in the wild.

But the Last Story first pressing edition will probably command over MSRP in the near future.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Why does it have to be such a good time to buy for so many consoles? Wii will most likely start climbing a lot by the end of next year, but there's also Xbox which is stupid cheap right now. And I want to start collecting for the N64 too on top of trying to build up my pathetic Dreamcast/Sega/SNES collections, and there's Gamecube stuff too since I finally have my Wii back which is an older Gamecube compatible model. :argh: :retrogames:

It's a good time to buy as long as you don't need NES/SNES stuff.

Genesis has always been stupid cheap (save some of the rpgs)

N64 prices are likely to rise moreso over the next few years, and it's hard to see PSX rising as much (RPGs are going to command most of the demand anyway and every other game was produced in higher numbers than most N64 games).

:retrogames::retrogames::retrogames::retrogames::retrogames::retrogames::retrogames:

Ambitious Spider posted:

^^^

It was NBA Elite 11. I worked at a best buy at the time and we had a box of them kicking around the back for a while before they got shipped back. I was always tempted to snag one, but I never did.

Thanks, that was the one. It won't be Stadium Events, but there will be some collectors who have a high demand for it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Midnight Raider posted:

No offense, but "ruining" that isn't the word I'd use, if a game is nice and stupidly rare, but the company then re-releases it so people who want to play it and enjoy it can do so. If a game is released on a modern system and then becomes dumbly super rare despite demand, and the company does nothing about it, I'd consider that a bad thing for gamers everywhere.

If Konami had done a second run of Suikoden II back in the day, I wouldn't be sad that my copy is now worth a lot less, I'd be happy that more people had and would get to play such a great game. :unsmith:

(And also that I'd be able to more easily get another copy if mine was lost or ruined somehow.)

Yeah, I have to agree with you on this. That just leads to dark thoughts about games when you start thinking too much about their value and how reprints can ruin them.

Games are meant to be enjoyed. Sure, we love showing off certain games, but I'd imagine Miyamoto would love to have those big box SNES games for display, regardless of value.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Silhouette posted:

Gentlemen, this is it. This is the greatest box art in history.

I'm pretty found of this one myself.

so patriotic

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Antillese posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of the YPbPr guy in this thread. You only care about it semantically until after you have been screwed by the difference between RGB and YPbPr both being correctly described as "component".

It's the shameful Wii. Did you notice it has no Game Cube compatibility and no Online/WiFi/Networking? So no virtual console and no Metroid Prime. Oh, no GC Ikaruga either. :eng99:

Metroid Prime Trilogy (wii compatible)

Also, a real retro collector would have the original carts and have no use for virtual console :colbert:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Honestly though, it might be interesting to grab one if the price falls down to $50 on a sale. But we'll have to see if it's Canadian exclusive or just waiting for demand to fall in other markets.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

So... it really isn't worth it that much? I mean a discount is a discount, but that's pretty hefty. Your shipping is almost as much as the games even after the discount.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Kilazar posted:

Thanks for the idea, but I really like the library/display aspect of the uvg. However, for my boxed games, I will totally get some of those. I been wondering how I was going to go about protecting my FF3 box. And eventually my ff2 and chrono triger boxes.

I'm gonna go on and say that boxes like these to protect your actual boxes is the best.

I feel safer stacking 20 CIB N64 games in a box for moving. Also, because of the plastic protector, it makes stuff look nicer on the shelf too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Ahhh the NINTENDO.

Think it's this kid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

• Locked thread