Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Perfect timing with this thread, I just picked up a Factor-5 NES player this weekend along with 7 games. I'm really pleased with the console, the controllers especially are responsive and it's nice having an AV out for my TV. The main drawback is it's finicky with some games, especially dirty ones. I went to town with qtips and Windex but I am SOL it seems for The Three Stooges and Robocop.

All in all though, the factor 5 is not a bad deal, especially at 20 bucks. I'm having lots of fun scouring eBay and Retro gaming stores for low priced gems. Just ordered the original TMNT for $1.99, and I found Skate or Die for 99 cents. Something tells me I am going to spend a lot more time collecting these games than actually playing them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

This is what my next order of NES games is looking like - I'm curious if you guys could have a look and let me know if anything sticks out as being too overpriced or not worthwhile to order - disclaimer: Jeopardy is for the wife. I'm trying to keep it just over $50 because it's free shipping.

http://www.jjgames.com/cart/remove_purchases?purchaseid=843776

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

midge posted:

We can't see your shopping cart. Screenshot or GTFO.

Whoops!

welp posted:

Behold my retro game station. And by retro game station I mean a bunch of random poo poo I cobbled together.

Hey, we have the exact same TV! It's just by good luck that I'm finding out Trinitrons are best for retro gaming. Can you use a light gun on it with no issues?

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

tvb posted:

Upload this photo to this watch, opt out of having the numerals on the face, and boom - Goldeneye. Taken from a Reddit link that was in the old retro thread.

God damnit every time I visit this thread I spend money! :D

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

I can't even understand the appeal of clones. Half emulation/half slapped together hardware, less compatibility, sound issues, made of high-gloss red plastic that looks like crap, for virtually the same price as the actual system. Why do they exist?

I do believe this is the exception to that rule:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ed6b/?cpg=cj&ref&CJURL&CJID=2470763

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Wanted to give a heads up of a promotion I found-

Just picked up the following haul from JJGames.com. They're local in Denver for me so I get my goodies in like 2 days :)

Free shipping + $20 off orders of $100 or more coupon going on right now:

cybermonday20

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 27, 2012

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

Kilazar posted:

I would have made the purchase. But my wife says my buying habits are very suspect. So this can be either an endorsement or a condemnation.

Well now, I know where I am going to stop the next time I am up to visit my family! Oh wait, no storefront?

Nope, I emailed them to ask exactly that since I live about 10 minutes away, but they only deal through the website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

I think I'm set for a while. I included Jeopardy to appease the wife. Sadly she probably won't be able to play it until about 2013 once I've gone through the rest...

• Locked thread