Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Wait wait wait I thought this got delayed to early 2013? Oh man I hope this actually does come out next month.

It's gone gold, so I don't see any likely reason it will be delayed at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Flython posted:

Has there been any talk of proper mod support? Far Cry 2 could have been so good with just a few tweaks and amazing with some real mods. Shame it ended up being a pretty looking slog with so much wasted potential.

There was (Maybe still is) a FC2 modding thread here complete with tools and mods made to change certain aspects of the game including the respawning checkpoints.

I wouldn't have too much hope for modding though, given the engine the game is made in. Though they do mention custom maps. Then again, if the game really takes off, you never know. Multiplayer was modded into Just Cause 2, after all.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

As much as I was (and still am) sold on the game itself, those videos are loving awful.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Call me stupid, but I can't find a Win7 driver link on that page. Only XP or Vista, what gives?

Unless, for some stupid reason the Vista drivers apply to 7 as well which is equally stupid for not specifying.

\/ \/ \/ No Idea how the gently caress I missed that. Thanks.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 28, 2012

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I'm loving the game so far but Ubisoft hosed some stupid poo poo up

I agree. Hopefully this was just a one off glitch or something, but I just used all of my skins and hides to upgrade a whole shitload of stuff. Then I died a little while after. The game respawns me without all my upgrades and without the materials I used. So basically, I have no upgrades and no skins. All gone.

Now I go to the menu and hard save all the time hoping that might make a difference. I really don't want to get hosed over like that again.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Please, someone tell me why we buy games again when the DRM only fucks us over while pirates are able to play, hindrance free? Getting sick of this "can't connect to server" poo poo, then my game completely fucks up.

Other than that, the game is great and most definitely GOTY material. But gently caress DRM. Seriously.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Adraeus posted:

Put UPlay into offline mode.

I think the OP really needs to be updated. Cardboard Box?

I want to do that, but couldn't shake the feeling that I'd somehow miss out on some kind of feature or that the cloud would do some weird poo poo and overwrite my save when it went back online or something.

If that isn't the case, then offline it goes.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

Only thing I don't really like about this game is the sound, everything else is pretty fun and the game runs pretty drat well. I may have been spoiled by Bad Company 2 and BF3 with good sound though, BF3's audio is probably the best I've heard for an FPS.

The sound seems pretty good to me.

The biggest problem I have is that even at 8x the anti-aliasing is still pretty terrible and jaggies persist. (I also had this problem with Crysis) The AA also affects performance a lot more than most games but I guess that's because it has to work hard with all the vegetation.

I don't suppose anyone has a solution to this? I've tried forcing through drivers to no effect.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Dominic White posted:

I'm still (very slowly) downloading the game, but rather than use traditional anti-aliasing, perhaps a post-processing solution like SMAA would help? Best combined with at least 2x regular FSAA, but it often does the trick with very little performance cost.

I actually tried this exact injector last night. It was just a barely noticeable change so no dice there. There are other injectors but the problem with injectors is that they don't co-operate with DX11 in this game.

It's not a game killer for me, I've just always been really sensitive to aliasing for some reason. It's usually the first thing I notice in a game, graphically. I'll get over it.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I'm pretty sure I'm about to unlock the second island and still, the only activities on my map are racing. Do I have to do something in particular to unlock poker, shooting and knife throwing?

e: As an aside, shooting cages open so the animals attack has NEVER worked for me. Every time, without fail they get stuck on the geometry of the cage and the bad guys just mow them down while they just run in place trying to get out of the cage. It's really frustrating.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Anyone want to tell me how, in the name of sweet loving christ I'm supposed to finish the scene where I'm hallucinating and have about a 100 Vass' running at me? I've been playing on hard until now with no problems at all, and I can't last 15 seconds. It's complete poo poo.

e: Never mind, game's crashed twice now in that part. I'm done until a patch.

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 4, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Trustworthy posted:

Sorry to apparently necro the gently caress out of this thread but...

I just reinstalled FC3 for the first time since my initial couple of playthroughs, and decided to dive in with the now pretty much universally-praised Ziggys Mod (Hardcore).

Last time around, I ended up running however much of Swartz's compilation pack he had together at the time, and then at some point threw another mod into the mix that made base takeovers optional (like, when you cleared an area, you got to choose whether or not you were "officially" taking it over). That latter mod, as you may recall, helped to keep the map lively, so at game's end you weren't casually strolling through endless acres of boring friendly territory.

I remember those two mods / sets of mods playing nice together at the time, but now I'm curious... Is there an easy way to get some similar kind of 'optional takeovers' mechanic to play nicely with Ziggys? Should I be looking for the same mod that I once used with Swartz's stuff? That one thing seems to be just about the only thing I'm finding lacking about Ziggys so far.

Or... am I overlooking anything else obvious here? Anyway, thanks duders!

I came here to find an answer to this exact question, so since there are no replies I'm gonna unapologetically necro this thread again!

Thanks for any assistance!

• Locked thread