Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Where did this weird perception about this game being a celebration of depravity come about? From all the videos I can see it's just a dude who goes around shooting other dudes and there's a sex scene and you can also light things on fire. I mean aside from the sex scene this is looking like every other shooter ever created in terms of "depravity."

All the trailers I've seen feature cutscenes of torture, slavery, and the murder of prisoners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

Here's a recording of a Gamespot stream where they play an hour and a half of the game. No story spoilers included, they mostly wander around the game world and answer questions. For people curious about the progression system, they go over a fair bit of that.

Their impressions are overall very positive.

Holy poo poo this is FPS Assassin's Creed.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Mental Midget posted:

The save system of this game is poo poo. It's 2012, are you seriously telling me there is no "Load Game" option in-game and I need to quit out to the main menu to load a game? Also, why only 3 save slots? Is this Plants Vs. Zombies? Finally, any developer that thinks its a good idea to block you from saving your game at any time, especially during drawn out action-heavy mission sequences should look for a new line of work.

Yeah, I stopped playing after a save hosed up last night. I was wandering around and picked up a couple relics and loot chests then started a jet-ski race. I totally wiped out and had no chance at finishing and wanted to go liberate some forts anyways so I just selected abandon quest. I don't respawn at the start of the race or anything, I respawn at a fast travel point and all of those relics and treasures I've found before that race aren't collected anymore. Just pissed me off.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I don't know how they made the Co-op in this game so bad. It boggles.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Zwabu posted:

Did anyone play the "Testing Unit" bonus Uplay mission? Any good? Eh why am I asking, I'm definitely going to play it anyway.

As far as the glider kill achievement, do you just exit the glider the normal way and it automatically does the takedown ("E" button on PC) or do you have to hit the "jump" (spacebar) button somehow?

Of the various combo takedowns, the knife throw seems by far the most practical, getting you two quick stealth kills. It's quickly become my go-to move. There are often pairs of dudes patrolling, on a roof etc. The other ones seem kind of like gimmicky entertainment and too loud for frequent use. I do have to figure out the chained takedown technique though, that looks like it could allow you to go apeshit on a tight knit group once in a while, sort of like the "Shadow Warrior" skill in Skyrim if anyone has ever used that.

Testing Unit is a pretty short and bad mission.

I actually unlocked the glider kill achievement by using a zipline, but you just have to basically jump onto somebody's head and the game will do the rest, just like a death from above takedown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

quote:

The year is 2007. It is the future. Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war and new paths for peace must be found. A U.S. cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. A Mark IV Cyber Commando, Sergeant Rex Power Colt has been sent over to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on.

Goddamn I hope at least part of this isn't an April Fool.

• Locked thread