Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
I have one question that decides if I will perorder this, is there a mode in multiplayer where you and other human players have to defend against wave after wave of tigers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Holy loving poo poo this game can be tense. I stumbled upon a village of pirates getting murdered by a single rabid dog and just watched him go to town. That little champ took down four pirates so I figured I'd mosey in, put the dog down and get to looting. Everything was going fine searching bodies and such when OH loving poo poo TIGER! TIGER ON MY ARM! TIGER IN MY FACE AAUUGGHHH!!

That crazy bastard almost had me and it took some serious running and blasting in all directions to get him down. I mean goddamn I didn't even see him and I was in the middle of a cleared camp so I guess he was stalking me in the grass beforehand? It was absolutely nuts.

Had something similar when I was approaching a bandit camp I kept hearing growls, then when I was about to kill one of the pirates a loving tiger who was standing five meters from me attacked the bastard and hosed up the pirates big time, so I decided to join in but then right in the middle of it the tiger turned on me and I was dead.

I have also noted that the best way to hunt sharks is to run them over with a jet ski.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Adraeus posted:

Pigs are easy to find. Check your map of the first area. North of whatever the first village is called? What I can't find are boars for some reason. Since unlocking the digital deluxe content, I've also noticed a huge increase in the number of tigers in the wilderness. This may just be level scaling though.

How do you unlock it?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Regarding the ending: I chose to save my friends, Dennis kills Citra by mistake while trying to kill me, I leave the island with my buddies and call myself a monster but know there's still some good left in me. I didn't find it unfulfilling at all. I don't know what you guys are complaining about. It wraps up everything that my character had been trying to do in the entire game. But is there also a second ending if you join Citra? I'd imagine your friends get sacrificed or something, and you get hailed as this warrior god that reigns over the island? Did anyone get that? And if so, what happens?

I thought I was going to be a badass warrior god over the Island after I killed Lisa, but then Citra kills you when you're loving her and says that the child you will have with her will rule the island.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

Ending spoilers: I have the feeling that the Citra ending for the saving your friend's path would be less jarring had you actually had more than 4 or 5 conversations with her before she spouts her devoted love for you. There seems to be a big gap in the plot once you get to the second island that the developers didn't quite fill in regards to your friends (who you already said good-bye to) and Citra.

Still, the Citra path isn't entirely unforeseen since every conversation with her revolves around the warrior myth of the creation of the islands and how you are the greatest warrior the Rakyat have ever seen. She basically sees you as the reincarnation of the Warrior God. Dennis's unrequited love for Citra was a little ham-handed though since it only shows up in two scenes and a telephone call: Him getting extremely drunk after the first time she jumps your bones, and the save your friends ending.

I would say that she just loving kills you was pretty unexpected for me, sure I knew she was a bit insane but why the gently caress would she just kill the reincarnation of the warrior god just like that?

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Speaking of how they were kidnappedDo you think that Doug dude who recommended going to the island has some kind of arrangement with the pirates that he sends rich people to their islands and get some of the kidnapping money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Digital Osmosis posted:

See, this is why this game rocks. I asked about killing sharks, and now I have five viable options: Using a loving bow and arrow, shooting wildly from the shore with an assault rifle / precisely from the shore with a sniper rifle, dropping grenades into the water willy-nilly, or using a machine gun mounted boat and tearing poo poo up. That's like a microcosm of this game right there.

Also, literally every time I've liberated and outpost undetected a big cat has helped me out. I seem incapable of true stealth without a tiger or a leopard or something finishing the pirates off for me. That's another one of the awesome things about the game.

Don't forget the good old running it over with a jet ski.

Pump it up! Do it! fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 4, 2012

• Locked thread