Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002
CHEAP FUCKASS. I HAVE NO COMPASSION. IGNORE ME. I AM WORTHLESS.

Mask posted:

Decent OP but a release date should probably be tagged on. December 4th, 2012
Hmm. Our supplier lists it at November 29th, 2012, for all platforms.

EDIT: that's in Australia, by the way.

KatMan911 fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

FarCry 2 has some of the best creative design I've ever seen, that poo poo was harrowing. This one looks a *lot* sillier. Maybe not as silly as the first, but one of the things I liked about 2 was that it didn't have any ~@~$WaCkY HiJiNkS~@~#.
I'd honestly rather go with wacky hijinks than having to sit through more hamfisted !!! POLITICAL MESSAGES !!! shoved down my throat.

I'm here playing a GAME that I paid for to have fun, I'm not here for developers to do their best to make me feel bad about lovely conditions in Africa. If I wanted that, I'd spend that money on a newspaper or something instead. That's what I disliked about Far Cry 2. That, and respawning checkpoints. Oh, and stealth not working, - but it didn't work in the original Far Cry, either.

So yeah, bring on the silliness.

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002

Aliginge posted:

You want Just Cause 2 aka The Adventures Of Rico Rodriguez the CIA Space Wizard.

Also FarCry 3 is set in the middle of a "local conflict" so expect people being murdered in cold blood and atrocities and oh god aren't these people horrible and other such things that might actually make you twinge an emotion as you go around gleefully slaughtering people. Sorry! :v:
Yeah, pretty much! :v:

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002

Vatek posted:

It wasn't just animals, I never found ANYTHING in the empty space between points of interest. Seemed like a wasted opportunity to not have things to find that weren't on the map, or even just random patrols you could run into.
Hah, did you look for diamond briefcases? I did, I spent hours driving around, looking for the bastards. Almost found them all, and then found out that getting all of them gives you sweet-gently caress-all. Not even a cheat menu for fun stuff like unlimited ammo or something. An achievement instead, if you get all diamonds in the game. Talk about artificially padding the playing time.

I agree with the wildlife sentiment - it would've added a lot to the atmosphere. Glad that FarCry 3 is going to have it.

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002
So I was about to start the Payback mission where I would apparently get to finally kill the poo poo out of a certain character once I get to his little island with prison on it, right, - and the game got so sick of the story involving my weapons being taken away repeatedly in a row within a short period of time that it just said:

"OK, gently caress it. I know you just topped up on everything before this mission and got full 4-weapon arsenal in your backpack, - but what I'm going to do is to show you this little white dot in the center of the screen, together with your empty hands. You can't switch to any of your weapons and you can't slice anyone with your melee weapon. The only way you can kill anyone is by a takedown if you get lucky - other than that, you're hosed. Yeah, it's a stupid loving bug. Enjoy. P.S. - quitting and restarting the game or reloading the autosave does gently caress all."

I'm in 58% of the story, and I'd really rather not restart the whole thing. This sucks. So I come to this thread for help.

My question - has anyone encountered this bug, with you unable to access any of your weapons, and is there a fix of any sort for this? Maybe a hex edit on a save file or something?

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002

kri kri posted:

Steam doesn't work like that, if you want to run the game you have no choice but to patch it.
Pretty sure that if you don't bother with multi, you can play single-player all you want unpatched. That's the way it works with X-Com, Modern Warfare, Dawn of War 2, and other games for me, - if you had set it to "don't update automatically" and then a patch comes out, Steam won't get it. Now if you're just installing a game and there are patches already available for it, then you're out of luck, - it's mandatory patching for you, whether it's single- or multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatMan911
Jan 21, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've been watching the response to Blood Dragon on 2ch, Japan's big messageboard, and so few people seem interesting. Just a few posters in the various FC3 threads are like "this is awesome guys, give it a look seriously" but getting next to no response. Poor Japan, they don't know what is awesome.
More like cyber ninja super warriors leaping tall buildings and shooting neon arrows at everything is just same old poo poo everyday life for the Japanese. FC3BD is probably like some "Hello Kitty's Adventures In Elementary School" G-rated educational game for them. Duh.

• Locked thread