Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Speedball posted:

So what kind of skills improve as you level up, specifically?
The speed and force by which you punch a shark...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Do we know if there will be a PSN digital version of this game on release?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I may have missed it, but is there a console specific thread? This one seems PC focused and to be honest for a game that just released today I am not seeing a lot of Console talk, so I just assume I missed the other thread maybe?

I'm downloading it on the PSn as we speak. Come on, fat pipes!!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo this game really hits that "fear of water" nerve. I walked up to a river, saw that the only blue-leaf in the area was underwater, started wading in, saw a crocodile just chillin lookin at me and promptly said "oh gently caress this" and backed away slowly never taking my eyes off it for like 30 meters...

*shudder*

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is this one of those games where if I clear out outposts, there'll be nothing left to fight? :(

Also, one of my favorite maneuvers is to creep close to 2 Pirates sitting by a fire or something, still under brush... then I line up a silenced pistol headshot and immediately start rushing the second guy so by the time he spins around, he's got a knife in his neck/chest.

It's the baddest maneuver ever. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Repeating a question that got buried this morning:

Is this one of those games where if I clear out outposts, there'll be nothing left to fight? :(

Also, I just watched a youtube of what the Co Op entails. It looks loving rad!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So is it a valid course of action to NOT clear outposts? I don't want those assholes to go away. I like having them around to shoot.

Although a hilarious moment was when I was approaching an outpost and a tiger just sauntered up and took everyone out before I did anything. Then the "captured" flag rose.

I had to laugh...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
On Consoles is the map editor limited to "dead" maps. (ie: multiplayer layouts with no AI and no Sharks or animals?)

I saw people placing sharks and crocs in youtube videos and I'm sure those videos were from the PC version, but yeah, was just curious. Because the tool wheel doesn't seem to contain any functions for that. (Although I didn't look too hard or long.)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I will say this about both multiplayer AND 1-on-1 CoOp. It handles netcode poorly.

Multiplayer, you'd maybe kind of expect.

But SamBishop and I (both on the west coast) played Co op, just he and I, and the oddest poo poo happened. Rubberbanding dogs, jeeps driving 30 feet in the air, enemy baddies kinda doing that instajumping from the ground to about 20 feet high 100 times a second...

I don't know about Sam (although I can guess) but I get like 50mb down and 30mb up. So I have to assume it's just poor coding somehow.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Cardboard Box posted:

You can't have AI on multiplayer maps in either version, just in the editor.
Yes I understand, I was asking where/how you even place animals or AI? I just can't find it anywhere.. :)

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow the map editor crashes the game (on PS3) 100% of the time when placing AI in the builder mode. It just locks up.

Boo.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I loaded up my PS3 in a post-wisdom-teeth-removal fugue state yesterday... Did I see a Far Cry 3 patch or was my mind all goofy?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The easiest loving way to dispense a heavy is to place a mine in their path and turn a safe corner. Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What a great game that squanders all of its goodwill near the ending. Especially that Hoyt QTE. Poorly paced, fast prompts, lots of loading and dialog if you fail. (and you will.)

Still had a really good time with it most of the time.

• Locked thread