Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunder
May 22, 2003

Just watched the walkthrough video they did a while back on Gamespot. This game looks promising! If they manage to take the good ideas from 2 and actually execute them well this time then Far Cry 3 could really be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Does anyone know if 3 has the same health system as 2? Will I be picking bullets out of my forearms with pliers?

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

I'm looking forward to this game but I can't trust any of the reviews coming out. Farcry 2 was sooooo good for the first 5-10 hours before it became obvious that the next 30 hours were going to be the exact same as the first few. If I were a critic and had to give Farcry 2 a rating after the first 5 hours it would have gotten a 10/10. The malaria side-story, the graphics, the sounds, the gunplay, the plot; all of them seemed excellent before the repetitive nature of the game became apparent.

To be honest, the repetitiveness of Far Cry 2 was fully apparent by about an hour or two in.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

WastedJoker posted:

Eh, I just pre-ordered it off Shopto for £24.85.

The special editions were all sold out, I noted.

Yeah, they were sold last week too. I think a lot of PC players opted for that edition after the highly positive reviews from UK focused sites like Eurogamer appeared.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Been playing the coop with a friend this evening. It's nothing wonderful, but it's definitely not poo poo.

• Locked thread