Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
This might be of interest to persons who like games, devices upon which to store games and misunderstood sociopaths.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/PC-Gaming-Far-Cry-3-840-SSD-TLC-MDX-Controller,19194.html

In summary, 170 buxx for a 250 gig SSD and a 'free' copy of Far Cry 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I don't want a game that slathers degeneracy all over me whenever I choose to 'come in from the sandbox' and engage the main plot. Honestly, I get that vibe from the trailers and some of the reviews. That's my concern.

So after gruesomely killing literally thousands of islanders and countless scores of endangered animals in the sandbox, you're hoping that the story missions are a nuanced exploration of the human condition?

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Far Cry 3 doesn't seem to be on their US site at all.

Yeah, sadly, GMG has said that they don't have a deal with Ubi to provide AC3/FC3 to NA customers at this time.

On the other hand, the non-NA versions they're selling don't activate on Steam, so maybe it's a bit of a wash.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

You could try checking the registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Wow6432Node/Ubisoft/Far Cry 3

and try flipping the language/SKU to English/ENG respectively, if they're not already.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Praseodymi posted:

How do you open the doors at the Japanese artillery posts? Or am I just mistaken and the collectibles are somewhere else?

Explosives.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

gibbed posted:

Quoting this because I'd like some feedback from the people who had these issues.

EADF here; it works as advertised. Note that the parachute bind isn't working, which may be as expected, depending on whether or not you also fixed that bind.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Swartz posted:

Looks like the patch broke mods. I'll update my mod later for 1.04 along with some new features :)

Thanks for your work on this and STALKER. Out of curiosity, do you suppose saves from the 1.03 compilation mod will be usable once you update your compilation mod as well?

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

I imagine they're complaining the Ubi obviously has a vendetta against modders since it overwrites the same data.

All hyperbole aside, though, the patch renders all the community mods inoperable while fixing certain issues suboptimally and leaving certain other issues entirely unaddressed.

I guess it'd be nice if they'd at least wait for feature parity (or copy the sometimes 1-liner fixes) with the community fixes before pushing out a patch.

Well, as long as Steam doesn't honor the 'do not update' setting, anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Try looking in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

• Locked thread