Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game looks great. I just hope you can choose not to use things like 3D quest markers, minimaps and marking people so you can see them through walls :ohdear: I'm sad they went that route and no longer have a physical in-game map you have to take out and look at :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, now I need to play Farcry 2 again.

Gibbed, do you have your awesome modding efforts saved anywhere? The old thread has gone to the archives it seems.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I the only one who doesn't care about anti-aliasing at all? I don't think I've had it on in years in any game. I much prefer the FPS increase you usually get. :shobon:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just got the game and turned most of the hud options off. but I still have a huge marker showing the objective. Is this something else than the "objective reminders" because it says I turned that off, or does it just disappear after the tutorial part of the game?

edit: boo, the game just told me to use fast travel. Also, why hide loot and plants everywhere if it all shows up on your map anyway :psyduck:

Fighting is fun though :3:

another edit:
Ah, the things I was complaining about aren't that annoying, good :sun:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 3, 2014

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gibbed posted:

Far Cry 2 has a special place in my heart simply because one of the rewards for a mission is a blinged out gold Jeep.

A jamming RPG was always hilarious too, sometimes it would just fall to the ground and fizzle in front of you. Also, firing an RPG and it skimming along the ground underneath the jeep you were firing it at :doh: Also, also: Accidentally setting the savannah on fire behind you when firing your RPG.

FC2 was great :allears:

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 3, 2014

• Locked thread