Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

crazkylo posted:

I am considering going back and re-playing it, because I forget where most of the secret passages are. I have the 2nt and 3ed games just sitting on my shelf waiting to be played, but where terribly neglected because I refused to play them until I beat the first.
Don't do this to yourself. I understand the mindset, but if the first game is giving you trouble, insisting you finish it before going on to the others is more likely to burn you out on the series altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
Just go straight to #3, it's the player-friendliest out of the whole bunch.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

crazkylo posted:

I am considering going back and re-playing it, because I forget where most of the secret passages are. I have the 2nt and 3ed games just sitting on my shelf waiting to be played, but where terribly neglected because I refused to play them until I beat the first.

I would replay EO1 to beat because the game gives you a code to get a item at the start for EO2. Or at least just beat the plot boss of EO1 and just get the code from the internet.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jarogue posted:

I would replay EO1 to beat because the game gives you a code to get a item at the start for EO2. Or at least just beat the plot boss of EO1 and just get the code from the internet.

I actually never had EO1, but aren't the items you get really garbagey poo poo that barely give you an edge even in the early-game?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

DrManiac posted:

Speaking of anime wizardry knock-offs, what ever happened to class of heroes 2? It was supposed to come out in this fall but I haven't seen any news on it for months.
https://twitter.com/monkeypawgames

They're still aiming for a 2012 PSN release so could be the end of this month or in December.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I actually never had EO1, but aren't the items you get really garbagey poo poo that barely give you an edge even in the early-game?

If you just beat the game yes the item is shity, but if you beat the it 100% the item is better. And I think I remember using it most of the 1/4 of the game until I got every class a bettter item.

But the game also notes that you beat EO1 and lets you keep your old teams name from the first game. And I think it changes the dialogue at the begainning a little.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!

ChibiSoma posted:

Ya know, I have no idea why I love these games so much. I'm completely, 100% terrible at them. 3 was especially bad since they removed all the guys I had a good idea how to use, and then threw in no truly amazing healing class. I beat the game once, taking the Yggdroid route, and got far enough to see the Shogun in NG+, but when it hit the 'time to grind' point again, I gave up.

I actually really like how there's no TRUE healing class in EO3. I'm running with a Princess and it owns, and she owns. :3: I don't have to have a healbot- it's boring and oh wow what do I do oh wait another heal. Yay. :geno:. Yeah, it's not like it's a PNP or something with real people or even character, but it's cool that the 'work around' for no healbot has me with a buffer who has a much more interactive...healing game. I guess?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Just for the record, these are the exclusive items you start with in EOII if you have a password to import them.

Town Medal (complete main storyline)
HP+10 / TP+10 / All Stats+1

Town Crown (complete post-game)
Hp+15 / TP+15 / All Stats+2

Far, far less powerful than the versions you can earn in the first game. On the other hand you DO get to start with them instead of playing the least user-friendly game in the series for a couple hundred hours. The stat bonus is also better than any individual accessory you'll have be able to get/afford for a long time. It's a minor boost, but the start of an Etrian Odyssey game is almost always the part that drives people off so if you don't mind using the name of another guild why the hell not?

EDIT: I can't vouch for these (never played the first game), but you're welcome to try them.

Guild Name: Ragnarok
p63&Kh3Ura?FPWt&0&z3
iPz3tf?zOvzlNGF&zEr3
xQNCO7hrlTUV&&&V&wwf
&hUVKl&ifP7K&s

Guild Name: Darkfire
p5R&&&yUXazlScl&wmj3
lP&h&vQngv?yDQl&zF?h
hMNQ&bxL&&?V&&&T&rsn
&F?VOF&yoS7O&v

Courtesy of GameFAQs and assorted EO fansites who all name their guilds very silly things.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 10, 2012

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
I had a couple of instances of getting frustrated and shutting my DS off, but other than that I have enjoyed the first game quite a bit. I only had about 5 or 10 floors to go, I would boot it up and just finish out the rest, but I am afraid that I will completely forget how I was trying to build my team and how to fight certain monsters.

I suppose I could just play the second and third and come back to the first another time.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I beat all the games mostly guide free (I had to look up where a few missed shortcuts where on a few floors in some games, it's usually pretty obvious when you've missed a shortcut, but not always obvious where the drat thing is, sometimes you just miss looking at a wall), except for getting the true ending in #3, i had to look up that poo poo because it was pretty arbitrary. I've never had the patience to grind for post game though, that's just not my thing I guess.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
The skill set for the new game is very impressive. I love how they took all the best powers from EO3 and spread them around between the classes. Well except clone, but that power was too good for this world.

I think the major thing that disappoints me about casual mode is that it doesn't include full automapping (as far as I can tell). I have a couple of friends who I got really excited about the series until I said, "And you get to map all the levels yourself using the touchscreen!"

Edit:
It also seems that the combat rows are more of a focus in EO 4. I had read that it no longer takes a turn to switch places. So for instance, the dancer can switch who they are healing/buffing each round without using their action.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 10, 2012

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I think the major thing that disappoints me about casual mode is that it doesn't include full automapping (as far as I can tell). I have a couple of friends who I got really excited about the series until I said, "And you get to map all the levels yourself using the touchscreen!"

I wish it included auto-map too. I don't have a problem filling out the map in the beginning of the game, but as I get farther I get sick of it and just do the bare minimum.

[e] Anyone have a write up on the classes? it's never to early to start :spergin: on party formations.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 10, 2012

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Don't forget only 7 are unlocked to start. You likely won't see a ton of variation early on. That said, no it is never too early to start :spergin: on party formations. poo poo, it was one of the reasons I made the thread.
  • Front Row: Fortress, Landsknecht, Nightseeker
  • Back Row: Medic, Sniper
This is known as the the "I am incredibly boring and uncreative person" formation but I stand by my choices. Trailers make it look like multiple rows are a thing for the enemy now, too. A nod to the 3D tech I assume, but it looks it will have a gameplay effect as well. Snipers can target the back row, which I'm certain will become vital sooner then, say, elemental damage. Gave the nod to Nightseeker over Dancer, since the skill sim makes it look like they suit my playstyle better.

How long the Medic and Landsknecht continue as party mainstays depends on when sub-classing opens up, and how soon the unlockable classes become available.

heiden
May 31, 2005

by Pipski
I finished 2 and 3 but it was really just about breaking the game beyond belief with overpowered/ideal combinations. If 4 will be different in terms of balance, I'll definitely be excited for it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

EO4 has this neat little feature where you get items to raise a character's level when you unlock a new class: When you unlock the Mystic class, you get two Ancient Sutras, which will let you raise a character's level up to 25 (which is Veteran-tier). It's a neat way to encourage you to experiment with different classes without having to stop everything and grind for several hours just to get them up to par.

EO4 also has subclassing, but from what I've heard there's a greater emphasis on the "sub" part. Subclass abilities only go up to half their maximum value.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Looking at the skill simulator makes me excited about the different skill levels. Seems like they try to give you an incentive to build up early skills and then retire later so that you can put more into higher level skills later in the game.

Not really sure what sub classing I would do since you only get half the skill levels, seems like it would pretty much only be good for passive skills then. That said the only interesting thing to do so far would be subclass your weapon skill guys with assassin (Night Stalker) so as to take advantage of shadow skills and maybe speed boost.

I am really looking forward to the game. One of those people that picked up a 3ds almost entirely for this game (I bought one back when it was announced in Japan figuring it would end up here, and I only had a little time left that I could take advantage of a discount), then got the pleasant surprise of other awesome games being announced.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

There are way better ways to cheese EO3 than ninja/zodiac.

Hoplite/ninja gives you shield guard (55% damage reduced) on both sides of the team.

Shogun/ buccaneer gives a chance to strike 8 times with your normal attack.

Zodiac/gladiator made you have an insanely powerful meteor. it is considered physical so all the gladiator boost work on it.

Arbalist/gladiator +90% + 280% +55% to a 380% attack with a 30% chance to do it again.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Does 4 have those ship missions with the pre-made party? those were good for getting a low level dude some levels.

[e] And how are the limits? I like that they were easier to get in 3 but they never got as broken as the ones in 2.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TurnipFritter posted:

EO4 has this neat little feature where you get items to raise a character's level when you unlock a new class: When you unlock the Mystic class, you get two Ancient Sutras, which will let you raise a character's level up to 25 (which is Veteran-tier). It's a neat way to encourage you to experiment with different classes without having to stop everything and grind for several hours just to get them up to par.

EO4 also has subclassing, but from what I've heard there's a greater emphasis on the "sub" part. Subclass abilities only go up to half their maximum value.

Totally love both of those things. Subclassing kinda overwhelmed me in 3. I never really knew what meshed well together or how to use it all to its fullest, but I felt underpowered just staying in my main class' skills, ya know?

Being able to boost a character up is wonderful. I understand these games being for the hardcore crowd, and that's fine, but getting a few bones thrown our way from time to time is still appreciated.

There are two things I really adore about the series, almost moreso than the gameplay itself, which I understand is completely weird. One is the music. I think entering the fifth stratum in the first game and being hit by this tune was one of my favorite moments in the series. The other is the cartography. How's the mapping this time around? Do we get a few more floor colors? Three had what, blue/green, red, and yellow? Or was that 2? It's been awhile since I've played.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Shwqa posted:

Hoplite/ninja gives you shield guard (55% damage reduced) on both sides of the team.

Shogun/ buccaneer gives a chance to strike 8 times with your normal attack.

Zodiac/gladiator made you have an insanely powerful meteor. it is considered physical so all the gladiator boost work on it.

Arbalist/gladiator +90% + 280% +55% to a 380% attack with a 30% chance to do it again.

You missed Gladiator/Shogun. :black101:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

You missed Gladiator/Shogun. :black101:
How does that one work?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Shwqa posted:

How does that one work?

You run it with a shogun/buccaneer and then max warrior's might. Personally I went with an Arbalist/Shogun instead because of giant slayer.

Edit: Of course you need that dragon forged sword for the final postgame boss, and that means Gladiator/Shogun. I never got that far.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 11, 2012

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Shwqa posted:

:ssh: I said 'most popular' not 'objectively the strongest.' You'll probably never find a consensus on the latter due to differing play styles. Me? I loooove Wildlings, because the idea of a mage eschewing 'Fireball' so he can cast 'Elephant' instead consistently gets a smile out of me. ("How do you tell if a monster's weak to 'Elephant?' "Well, I drop an elephant on them a couple times and see if they're still alive.")

Which is why most of my parties are built around supporting a Wilding's skills. They tend to shred anything not outright immune to physical attacks like wet tissue paper. Thing is, for most bosses--even the postgame assholes--the only requirements are 1.) a method to mitigate damage, either via reducing it or healing it faster than it can be inflicted; 2.) a method to stop the boss from doing the same; 3.) the resources to keep 1&2 going until it drops dead.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The thing about EO3 cheese builds isn't really that each one singularily crushes the game. They're all pretty powerful in their own right and there's enough of them that every player will probably come up with one or a few all on their own.

It's tough to call them cheese builds when really a solid quarter of the builds are just heads and shoulders stronger than the previous ones. Couple that with the fact that EO3 is the easiest of the first three titles makes for a pretty nice dungeon crawler game. The post game dungeon is still a bit ruthless/gimmicky though and you will need some of the Hoplite poo poo to get by.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The Warrior Might party is the staple. If I were to LP the game, I would go Warrior Might, because it is awesome and awesome people use it.

The usual party for this is one Gladiator/Shogun with maxed Warrior Might and Endless Battle, everything else is irrelevant, and two Shogun/Buccaneers with maxed Swashbuckling. The two S/Bs attack every turn and the G/S chases every attack for insane damage.

The other two party members are usually defensive buffers. I ran it with only one S/B so I could have a TP battery get through every random battle with Warrior Might, as well as a Hoplite/Prince and I think a Monk/Princess for maximum survivability. Might have had Wildling on the Hoplite for Primal Drums.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Shwqa posted:

How does that one work?

Basically just for spamming Warrior's Might. It's balanced that the defense penalty will wreck a Shogun if they get attacked, but Gladiators are tanky enough to get away with it much better. With the attack bonuses Gladiators get, your damage can get ridiculous if enough people attack at once.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

theshim posted:

The Warrior Might party is the staple. If I were to LP the game, I would go Warrior Might, because it is awesome and awesome people use it.

The usual party for this is one Gladiator/Shogun with maxed Warrior Might and Endless Battle, everything else is irrelevant, and two Shogun/Buccaneers with maxed Swashbuckling. The two S/Bs attack every turn and the G/S chases every attack for insane damage.

The other two party members are usually defensive buffers. I ran it with only one S/B so I could have a TP battery get through every random battle with Warrior Might, as well as a Hoplite/Prince and I think a Monk/Princess for maximum survivability. Might have had Wildling on the Hoplite for Primal Drums.
I would read the poo poo of that LP. Here is a little trick I used for my second game to make things slightly easier. I made 5 farmers and 5 ninjas at the start of the game. Gave all of them as much combat study as possible. At level 5 I took the farmers and rested them and made a decent farming team. At the end of the 2nd stratum I subclassed the ninjas with farmers for an amazing farming team. You don't even need to rest the ninjas, because they will already have enough skill points.

edit: Oops I messed it up a little bit. I rewrote it.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 11, 2012

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Shwqa posted:

Wait wait. Does that mean you can have a ... Muscle-wizard?

I need to find out where we stashed my copy of EO3 now.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

^^^^^^^^
You CAN make a muscle wizard in fact! Although I do not believe Berserker's Vow influences Meteor damage, the other Gladiator skills will. And if you're really crazy you can grind for stat boosters. A Zodiac with 99 STR can deal absurd damage with STR-based elemental attacks like the Monk's Breakfire Fist, Gladiator's Freezing Blow, or Hoplite's Blitzritter.

Warrior's Might IS supergreat, but remember that when you're starting a fresh save, you won't have access to it until you complete the Third Stratum. If you made it that far, chances are you won't hit any insurmountable walls until the postgame content. Early game tactics are just as vital, if not moreso. Here I'll show you what I mean:

Sample Etrian Odyssey III Starting Party
  • Front Row: Hoplite (1 pt. each in Guardian, Shield Use, Line Guard), Buccaneer (1 pt. in Rapier Mastery, Trickster, Lights out), Monk (1 pt. each in Form Qi, Fist Mastery, Healing)
  • Back Row: Prince/ss (2 pts. in Royal Veil, 1 in Guard Order), Wilding (1 pt. each in Wild Mastery, Call Bird, Dismiss Beast)

The Hoplite should go without saying. A Gladiator could replace the Buccaneer, but I prefer the latter because the point invested in Trickster should let you squeeze out an extra use of Lights Out, and blindness is a handy ailment for the early game. Keep the Monk in the front row. It's counterintuitive to leave your healer in the line of fire, espcially when the Prince/ss has better defenses. Fist Mastery what makes it worthwhile. Its usefulness drops in the late game, but early on it turns the Monk's normal attack into a handy damage dealer without spending money to upgrade weapons.

Meanwhile, a prince/ess in the back row stays undamaged longer, letting Royal Veil regenerate the party's HP every turn for free. In essence, you're saving the Monk's TP to keep your royal healed up so they can 'broadcast' the HP recovery to the rest of the party. The Wildling is personal preference: you could replace it with an Arbalist or Ninja (w. at least one point in Keburi no Sue), but Call Bird gives you an additional attacker with the possibility of inflicting Head Bind. It's also a hedge against random encounters with the Great Lynx, the most powerful enemy on the 1st floor. Head Bind will block its Bite Off attack, which can otherwise kill drat near any 1st level character outright, fully-healed Hoplites included.

It is a highly defensive party, but I think that's invaluable when you're getting started. Wiping before you even complete the first mission is not going to endear the game to most people.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 12, 2012

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wow princess and monk? That is a little too much healing for my taste. By the end of floor 1 or middle of floor 2 a princess should be able to keep the team healed. I prefer a Zodiac with Ice star and ether mastery in my starting team. A lot of stuff is weak to ice the first few floors.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Provoke neuters most of the first stratum in 3, especially if you go for the parries right away. You can give Greedy Lizards a licking as soon as you run into them by having your hoplite in the back row defend every turn they are not recasting provoke while a monk heals them and cures poison.

theshim
May 1, 2012

The cookie-cutter party for EO3 (that wasn't Warrior Might) was:

Hoplite/Ninja - Prince/Monk - Monk/Prince
Arbalist/Zodiac - Zodiac/Arbalist(or Wildling)

It too was an exceedingly defensive party. The Hoplite could clone and then both spammed line guard reducing all physical damage by 55%, the Prince could keep up Prevent Order while the Monk could use Form Qi to make Protect Order super amazing, the Arbalist spammed barrages and the Zodiac was built for single-target.

It works just fine but it's more than a tad boring. I think the party I ran my last run (until the end of the third stratum) was a Gladiator - Prince - Monk front, Buccaneer - Zodiac back. Once I hit subclassing I had the Buccaneer take Pincushion, switched the Prince for a TP battery with the Monk picking up the subclass for Monarch March, and the Gladiator got Blade Rave. A Pincushion/Blade Rave combo was usually enough to sweep random encounters. :v:

Of special note is the fact that I highly recommend a Zodiac in early parties, simply because a charged Hellfire does far, far more damage than anything else for a very long time, even when not hitting weaknesses. It allows you to cheese some FOEs, especially ones weak to fire, far before you're supposed to.

...it is also notable that my last run was a "kill everything as soon as you see it" run. Every FOE, I tracked down and murdered the moment I saw it. It was an extremely interesting and fun run, and while I wouldn't recommend it on a first try, it certainly does shake up the way you play the game!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rangpur posted:

Meanwhile, a prince/ess in the back row stays undamaged longer, letting Royal Veil regenerate the party's HP every turn for free.

Point of :spergin: order,

While the back row is targeted a lot less often, the AI prefers to target the person within a row with the most HP, so the princess is actually less likely to be hit if she is in the front row with someone that has more HP than her than if she is in the back row.

I don't actually remember how high Wildling HP is, it's possible that it's higher than the princess, in which case, by all means put her in the back row.

That's really much more of a defensive party than I like, but I understand why you would choose it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Point of :spergin: order,

While the back row is targeted a lot less often, the AI prefers to target the person within a row with the most HP, so the princess is actually less likely to be hit if she is in the front row with someone that has more HP than her than if she is in the back row.

I don't actually remember how high Wildling HP is, it's possible that it's higher than the princess, in which case, by all means put her in the back row.

That's really much more of a defensive party than I like, but I understand why you would choose it.
While this is true, the problem is that in the early game, one hit to the hoplite will take his hp to lower than a full-hp prince (who have excellent hp themselves). If you are fighting more than one enemy, it is much more likely a back-row prince - even with the highest health - will stay safe.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
For boss/FOE battles where you really need the Prince's passive healing to hang in there, it's often worth it to have your Hoplite do nothing but spam Bodyguard on them: they have poor damage-dealing capacity, so there's not much they can do that's better than a moderate-power heal on the whole party. If you know how to get the most out of a Prince's healing, you can get by without needing a Monk at all until the 5th stratum or even the postgame.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Bear in mind when I say 'early party' I mean EARLY. As in, 'the first time you step into the labyrinth.' It saved my rear end when I made a mistake sketching in the walls, and I had to spend two in-game days trekking back and forth over the first floor trying to satisfy that one rear end in a top hat guard. I avoid Zodiacs early on, because you simply won't have the TP to sustain them and I'd rather make a few longer expeditions than several shorter ones. There is a fair amount of stuff weak to ice in the first strata--and I think the Great Lynx is vulnerable to fire--but by that same token there's nothing resistant to physical attacks until... the sea slugs on B4F I think?

It's a question of playstyle. Early on I gear my party towards maximum sustainability. Later on is when I start breaking out the crazy poo poo. You know who makes a good Hoplite? A Yggdroid with Overheat. No, seriously. It can't reduce you below 1 HP, making Overwatch a cheap shortcut to invulnerability.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Bear in mind when I say 'early party' I mean EARLY. As in, 'the first time you step into the labyrinth.' It saved my rear end when I made a mistake sketching in the walls, and I had to spend two in-game days trekking back and forth over the first floor trying to satisfy that one rear end in a top hat guard. I avoid Zodiacs early on, because you simply won't have the TP to sustain them and I'd rather make a few longer expeditions than several shorter ones. There is a fair amount of stuff weak to ice in the first strata--and I think the Great Lynx is vulnerable to fire--but by that same token there's nothing resistant to physical attacks until... the sea slugs on B4F I think?

It's a question of playstyle. Early on I gear my party towards maximum sustainability. Later on is when I start breaking out the crazy poo poo. You know who makes a good Hoplite? A Yggdroid with Overheat. No, seriously. It can't reduce you below 1 HP, making Overwatch a cheap shortcut to invulnerability.
I prefer not to make a team just for the first floor or two. It means only use them for a little while and have to then level up different characters and this game is already super grindy.

My dream starting team is

Front row
Hoplite with line guard and vigilance
Princess with three royal veil
Gladiator with three club mastery

Back row
Zodiac with ice star and ether mastery
Ninja with Keburi no Sue, tonsou jutsu, and kagerou

The front has a decent amount of health and defense. Both ninja and hoplite have panic button abilities. Give the zodiac the item you get for beating the last game and tp shouldn't be a problem.

This team could beat the 2nd and maybe even the 3rd stratum no problem.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Trying to keep the Princess at full health for Royal Veil is an exercise in frustration no matter how you try it. I remember Bodyguarding her a few times just to keep enemies from cherry tapping her, it got so annoying.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Trying to keep the Princess at full health for Royal Veil is an exercise in frustration no matter how you try it. I remember Bodyguarding her a few times just to keep enemies from cherry tapping her, it got so annoying.
Yeah I am not a big fan of royal veil for that very reason, but I like the skills it unlocks. By the time you got 2-3 monarch march you shouldn't need to heal after a battle for the rest of the main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I liked EO3 for the range of options that it allowed you to use while still being difficult. I didn't even use a Hoplite when I played -- it probably made the game harder than it should be, but I quickly realized how slow the game was going to be and ditched her in favor of a more aggressive team. All my healing came from a Monk who also had points in offensive skills. In retrospect, it almost certainly made the game a lot harder than it needed to be.

My dream team only has one thing, really: a Ninja with Izuna to make random battles less time-consuming and for the occasional lucky shot where it takes down a FOE.

• Locked thread