Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Shwqa posted:

Zodiac/gladiator made you have an insanely powerful meteor. it is considered physical so all the gladiator boost work on it.

Wait wait. Does that mean you can have a ... Muscle-wizard?

I need to find out where we stashed my copy of EO3 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Wait, can someone explain why Prince/Princess primary is bad?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I never managed to get far enough into any of the games to know if they already do this, but the "exploring the murderous wilderness" motif really makes me want a "points of light" kind of game that has multiple towns. After clearing so many strata, you find another pocket of civilization and open up a trade route or something.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

theshim posted:

also read the LP drat you all

e: vvvvvvv good call http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3542245

I'm reading that LP, but are there any good write ups for EO4 like you're doing for the class breakdowns? I'm thinking of getting it while it's on sale (soon as my paycheck comes in, with luck). It doesn't look like EO4 has as many trap choices as before, but I like knowing about good synergies going in. I took a look at the skill calculator on Into the Labyrinth and one that jumped at me is building a Sniper for Binds with the Arcanist TP return for extended sniping.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Cool. Thanks.

I noticed that Landsknechts and Fortresses share an ability called Iron Wall, but the Fortress version can go higher. I'm going to guess that they don't stack when subclassing, right?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So a Fortress-sub-Landsknecht could get 38% physical damage reduction by taking both and maxing them out, even before synergizing with something like Rampart or Swordbreaker? That sounds pretty wicked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm still playing the demo at the moment, but I find I kind of like having a party with two rune-masters: One will prepare Runic Gleam while the other lays down an appropriate elemental rune, then the first will start laying down the smack like an angry god while the other either keeps the debuff up or using something like the Healing Wand to supplement the medic. Takes care of those bears in the first labyrinth even with three-fifths of the party at level 4.

• Locked thread