Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You forgot to mention that 4 has a brand new casual mode for idiot children and Grade-A pointdexters that gives you infinite warp wires and sends you back to town when you die. It's the perfect thing for people who are incapable of making good decisions like saving when you can and checking your inventory on occasion, or have been coddled by modern games like Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Provoke neuters most of the first stratum in 3, especially if you go for the parries right away. You can give Greedy Lizards a licking as soon as you run into them by having your hoplite in the back row defend every turn they are not recasting provoke while a monk heals them and cures poison.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

theshim posted:

Also screw Yggdroids.

Yggdroid/ninja is the best class, solo all the endgame bosses except the last sea boss because you can't dodge Supernova reliably.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You can go ahead and max Overheat for 50% more damage since your HP will be in the dumpster anyways because you use Kumogakure. Maxed Night Vision, Senpuku, Kumogakure plus a bunch of luck and agility books mean literally nothing will hit you. A second floor platypus managed to poison me through max Virus Scanner and give me a game over once, somehow.

Also at max level Yggdroids have the best strength, Arbalists are a close second, and Gladiators trail behind like 5 points for third.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Rotten Egg or the other Wildling attack debuff is great against Wyrm since he wastes a bunch of turns reapplying his attack buff, instead of slapping you with his attack buff up.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kanos posted:

Retire her and pretend she took up religion and/or learned to be a ninja. :3:

The alt color of the first female shogun in the perfect blond princess standin.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Their unique skill (royal lineage) is lovely.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Are the unlockable classes in 4 really a spoiler when they showed them off in the Famitsu previews? The only thing they're sort of pussyfooting around with like they did with 3's unlockables is the third one.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Dungeon crawl in the tropics while a goofy anime mixup of Norse mythology, Lovecraftian horror, and robots actively going against Asimov's 3 laws throw down in the subterranean Japanese forest underneath the ocean.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite dick thing in 3 is when you go into what of the larger areas you need a key for, find your old friend the Venomfly, get poisoned after the game has phased it out for plague, then end the turn and take a 350 damage tick.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
We're talking about two different gimmick bonus areas in the same strata, but that one was also super. I liked how that one had unique random encounters that existed for the sole purpose of dragging the fight out as long as possible so the glacially slow statues could corner you.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rascyc posted:

Does anyone know if EO4 is going to bring back those special guest fights from the sea explorer mode? The ones where they gave you 3 NPCs that you couldn't control, and then you rounded out the fight with like 2 of your own dudes or whatever.

Those were my favorite part of EO3, I really loved messing with those.

Those were fun until the last one where the 1 NPC battle involves you getting the ninja that joins you killed in 4 turns so she doesn't fill the empty slot you need for bind animals with a clone. Thanks for not having her just spam her leg bind skill Atlus!

Also the three farmer gently caress squad you get for Scylla.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Luisfe posted:

I decided to go for the Yggdroid on my first E3 run, what is a silly gimmick build with them that does not feel useless?

Ygg/ninja is good once you get them off the ground even in full parties. Max all the evade skills and the provoke to have them tank and fill up their lovely TP at the same time, then get overheat, the petrify, and either tagen battou or the other high end knife skill depending on your party and free sp. Get virus scanner at some point and everything else is gravy.

This ends up being a real good place to invest in luck and agility books if you've been stockpiling them.

fuepi fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 26, 2012

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Marogareh posted:

You can use some ridiculous Shogun/Ninja antics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BC0XGSazA&feature=related

Might try this later.

Geez, when I did this I capped out at 5000 damage a Tagen Battou hit with max stats, overheat, and a bravant.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Did anybody actually use the co-op sea boss thing.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The most important thing that EO4 is bringing back is a special butt-rock battle theme for the final stratum. That was 3's only flaw, having to listen to the same music from the 3rd stratum on since I can only assume the sea boss theme took its place or something.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
One of the Wildling's passive skill is an exception since it gives something like a flat 15% bonus added to the enemies current resistance, so if you tanked its resistance to immunity your pets still have a lovely chance of inflicting ailments. I remember the status effect code being really weird though, there's like 2 or 3 different layers of status resistance that goes into the calculations.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Really excited to pair one of them up with a Night Seeker, though it will be very hard to choose the latter out of the pool of Disgaea cosplay teenager, Gene Simmons hardcore fan lady, and Edward vs Jacob.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
She is super scary.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you want money you should go fishing. This will not make you rich but you will get really into it, and soon you will find that after another expedition to the southern reefs yields nothing but a full hold of clams or whatever the common thing there is, you will gaze seaward and mutter "one of these days, giant squid."

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I like how Kraken's conditional drop is the less valuable one, since you want its condition up all the time to stop it from doing fun things.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Club Glads always sub Arbalist for the accuracy passive and maybe the buff just to help out their mighty final skill, Two Misses.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Club glads always end in tears and disappointment, I highly recommend resting into a glad/arb front mortar build because you get to gamble with huge damage to double damage instead of slightly huger damage to jack poo poo.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can anyone give me a spoiler-free list of what determines which ending you get in EO3?

At one point in the middle of the game a bunch of people will tell you to come back to town so they can yell at you and then you have to choose between 2 story quests which mostly sets your path.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Just mentioning the true ending seems like a really lovely spoiler for somebody trying to go in blind.

Meme Emulator posted:

What is a good class to mix with my Buccaneer? I feel like my Bucc isnt doing any damage and the utility has been marginal at best, I was thinking of maybe going Arbalester?

Glad so you can charge Pincushion.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My copy of EO4 came in today, which means I guess I have to go buy a 3DS now. What a shame.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ShadeofBlue posted:

Apparently the easiest way to beat him is to solo him with a Ninja :D. Him and the last Dragon are the only things I never finished in that game.

Solo yggdroid/ninja is basically a brainless win.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You can beat Narmer to death solo with basically anything that's vaguely bulky by the time you have subclasses.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Princess/glad/monk/hoplite/arb before subclasses, people say that you don't need a monk with a princess if you're willing to drag around medicine but I prefer having one, and you can shuffle the hoplite to the back and the monk to the front when you want to autobattle grind to give everybody decent damage output.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you don't have a ninja turn your hoplite into a wildling/hoplite and put all you spare points into making a fuckhead elephant. Also get the attack debuff from the wildling tree because it makes Wyrm really easy.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yggdroid's secret bonus is that because of their stupid worthless self binding skill branch they are innately 100% immune to enemy binds.

Sub ninja because senpuku and kumogakure plus infravision plus max agility and luck is enough to dodge literally everything reliably, which will also take care of your lovely TP because of karuwaza. Max out overheat and everything for Tagen Battou and then solo the postgame with an army of 1 hp ninja robot clones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Fetus posted:

The Japanese demo is out, and there's some info being put together on the Japanese wiki. Ronin seems to have gotten a slight rework. They still need to use up a turn to set up their stances, except instead of using Overhead and stuff like that, they have to use some different skills to set them up. The stance skills are actually passives now. Leveling them up just makes the buff stronger and last longer.

The Gunner's Action Boost got moved to a Force Boost and Recharge is gone. I guess Atlus didn't like Torrent spamming.

What would be a good sub for a Gladiator that isn't doing the Warrior's Might build? Would it be Arbalist for the extra accuracy, Ninja for double Gladiators, or just take a subclass for the 5 skill points? Too bad you can't sub into Yggdroids, Data Mining would've been a really good passive. Maybe I should replace my Gladiator with a Yggrdroid for that.

My gladiator subbed arbalist and then invested heavily in it so it ended up as a charged front mortar dispenser that did slightly less damage than arb/glad because of the class passive but wasn't made out of wet paper. gently caress nine smashes.

• Locked thread