Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
Last Damnation of Atlantis - Palisade

The pirate first pulls aside Voice-of-Ages. "Priest, circumstances have risen to my attention. I will be taking the fight to your enemies shortly. I am no lazy and callous killer like Koko'Ino. In the space of one night, the people of the port city who have joined with the enemy will be repaid tenfold for their crimes against the Cyanin. Pray for me, but spill no blood. The Cyanin must keep up their strength."

"As a favor, I ask that you send a message to the one called Watcher At The Gates Of Sorrow. Tell him I will need it back, and I may need to speak with him tomorrow. That is all."

Afterwards, his armor loudly clanks into the middle of Bolt's conversation. "Gents, we shall all need to carry as much antimony as we can. We need to take some captives, but the dead also need to stay dead. I've already drenched my sword in a mixture of grog and the mineral that will hopefully be death on the wind to these stupid plants. As he mentions his sword, the daiklave begins to twitch in its sheath. It leaps out and attaches itself to him with black veins once again. His anima itself begins to burn hot and the veins start to run across his armor. The pirate's entire form begins to grow larger and darker until nearly unrecognizable. Finally, the veins run across the mask and burrow into the caste mark itself. Damnation shudders for a brief moment, and his cloak brushes up against Bolt. Damnation takes his mask off and turns to look at Bolt, who sees what appears to be a dark caricature of his normal.

He pats the Thunderchief on the back and nods. "Yeah, they've come to shuck the rooster. No, he ain't gonna die." With that, he puts his mask back on, preparations complete.

Damnation has spent 16m peripheral, 2wp, leaving him with 9 peripheral, 6 wp, and 19 personal. He activated Infinite Melee Mastery, fluttering moth defense, and Dread Lord's Demeanour with Heart-Stopping Mien enhancement. His anima is also up to totemic level.

Fluttering Moth Defense:
+1 Damage, +1 Defense to weapon. May deactivate charm to reflexively use a perfect parry.
Infinite Melee Mastery:
+3 dice to melee dice pools for free.
Dread Lord's Demeanor:
To attack Damnation, a unit must roll 1 success on Valor once per action. Otherwise, the attack fails. Pay 3 willpower to resist this effect for the scene.
Heart-Stopping Mien:
Anyone who can bring himself to attack Damnation suffers a -2 internal penalty and suffers a number of dice of unsoakable lethal damage equal to the Abyssal’s Essence for his presumption. This is an enhancement of Dread Lord's Demeanor and I believe it can be negated by paying willpower to ignore that charm.
Anima: The Damnation Solution
While this power is in effect, Damnation exudes a fear aura which causes all opponents attempting to attack or oppose him (socially or physically) to suffer a -1 external penalty on all attack rolls. This unnatural Emotion effect costs five points of Willpower to ignore for the rest of the scene.
The Damnation's terrifying glory unbound also disrupts attempts at coordinating attacks against him, increasing the difficulty to arrange such attacks by 2.
Additionally, the immense Essence pressure within Damnation's anima slows all incoming attacks, increasing the Pirate’s DVs by 2.
Finally, Damnation of the Dusk Caste is immune to all fear-based Emotion effects while his anima power is active. If a complementary mass combat unit is forced to check for rout because of Damnation's actions while this anima is active, they suffer a -2 external penalty to the roll.

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blighted Jackal Face Master - Villa

What in all the... What is that foolish woman doing, touching him, Jackal, like that! Foolishly foolish fool indeed to think that someone destined to rule all of Creation should do brutish work like lifting weight. Strangely enough, he just abides to do so, mentally cursing Onyx while trying to keep the Statue from toppling. Speaking of statues, he really could have one made to look like his perfect likeness... Indeed, Jackal wonders if there are stoneworkers on Petraya capable of capturing his radiant glory in marble for everyone to awe in such magnificence. Or perhaps a statue made of Gold... Or Gold AND Marble! BWA HA HA HA HA! Indeed, but the island definitely has no artist great enough to reproduce his likeness. This shall be a concern for the future then! While he reminisces on the specifications of the statue and if it was adequate to make it over fifty meters high, he can barely react to the teasing kiss that Onyx gave him.

"Hmph! It's nothing for someone such as myself." What does she think he is, some prepubescent boy yearning for a girlfriend? He, Jackal, need not to do any favors to get what he wants, his own existence makes him worthy of gaining all. He snarls while staring at the shoddily-built trap. It would take a complete moron to fall for such a thing. Then again there are a lot of morons in this island. Anyway, for the procurement of weapons for future shenanigans... Ho!

"Regal Unbowed Dragon" - Town market

Oh finally, the imbeciles finally arrived. To think Jackal had to supervise those imbeciles arranging the weapons was already vexing enough... But why are those pinheads forming a circle around him? Don't they know that the best formation for kowtowing before Jackal is to make a straight line? And then there's the insignificant cockroach bureaucrat from the port alongside them. What kind of Opium have they taken to stumble like that, and at that time of the day! Truly, it is shameful that this kind of behavior exists within the Realm's ranks, but it looks like they will have to receive a firm and stern admonition from Regal Unbowed Dragon...

"What is it now, you lot?! I, Regal Unbowed Dragon, demand to know the reason for such uncouth and strange behavior. Do your lot fear not the kind of retribution that I, Regal Unbowed Dragon, can bring from the Realm? Know that, wimps, that only the Scarlet Empress herself is above my majesty in importance for these lands, and thus... Thou shalt obey! Now BOW DOWN, MAGGOTS!" He yells at the Fireblood and the men on the circle that surrounds Jackal. Oh please, please, let them try the first strike. It's all the reason Jackal needs to bring down his godlike wrath on the imbeciles. Yes, there has been a certain lack of wrath lately, and it's something to be rectified now.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 17, 2013

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, Now Boarding

Ceaseless observes Damnation's preparations with equal parts envy and amusement. He draws his sword and is now as ready as he can be. The Midnight may be less effective than the Dusk, but he doesn't need to make quite such a production of things, either. In the fight to come, Ceaseless hopes only to be a threat that can't be ignored completely so that Damnation and the rest can wreak the desired carnage without being stabbed in the back.

pre:
Wavecleaver Daiklaive: Speed 4, Accuracy +1,  Damage +5L/2, Rate: 2, Defense: +3, Tags: O, -2 to enemy soak (bracers)

Health Levels: 0 [ ]              Soak: 19B, 18L, 17A
               1 [ ] [ ] [ ]      Hardness: 11L, 11B
               2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]  Dodge DV: 5 Parry DV: 5
               4 [ ]              Dodge MDV: 8 Parry MDV: 4
               I [ ]
Conditional:
If attacked in melee, activate Vengeful Riposte
If attack can be parried and it is known/appears to be really nasty, activate Death-Deflecting Technique
If attack can be parried and DV penalty is < -1, activate Elegant Flowing Deflection

Willpower: 9/10 Conviction: 3/4 Temperance: 1/1 Compassion: 2/2 Valor: 2/2
Personal Pool: 19/19 Peripheral Pool: 11/40 (Attuned motes: 29)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Never Within Reach -City Rooftops

Never lead Herald into town and over the rooftops, not touching down but using the buildings for cover. It wasn't much of a challenge, the people in the streets seemed off somehow, though she couldn't have guessed as to why. People tended to not look up much anyways. Humans thought in two dimensions, even though they lived in three.

Wyrms, Jackal, and their entourage were easily found by sound alone. 'Regal Unbowed Dragon' was a noisy fellow. The youngest Thunderbird and the silent Abyssal followed along above them for only a few minutes before Daughter of Onyx and Silver stepped out from behind a chimney ahead of them.

Herald gasped in suprised. Never asked what took her so long, but with a playful expression instead of her usual serious demeanor. Onyx was a caste-sister and worthy of the title, even if she did ride that silly noisy machine. The pair of ninjas swapped stories, heavily summarized for time, and Onyx pointed out the warehouse where all hell was about to break loose. Never left Herald with Onyx for a quick pass around the building, scanning for essence signatures. What she found was unsurprising, but worth passing along.

Never tells Onyx what she found: You can make out a number of distinct Essence signatures inside the building. Eyeballing it, there are two alphas, plus one of each of the other four elements and a fairly large number of mortals - their own signatures blur together too much to get an exact number. The fire aspect is leading a squad near the back, where you can clearly make out the summoning circles. The water aspect is likewise positioned for close combat. The earth aspect is on the second floor, doing overwatch and the air aspect is using some kind of Stealth power that makes it hard to get a fix on their location. The alphas are positioned in the center of the room, as far back as they can be from the summoning circles, and surrounded by guards.

After that she parted ways with Onyx, having her own entrance to the fight in mind. She took Herald to the warehouse roof and found the spot directly above the Alpha plants. She folded her wings and sat down to wait.

The sun was setting. It would not be long now.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Public Menace

A detachment of glassy-eyed guards shamble forward to encircle Jackal, while still more move to meet 'Unmasked Winter'. "Vvvile creashure..." the bureaucrat slurs, and under the folds of his uniform the Moonshadow spies the gleam of red jade and brass and burnished wood - a plasma tongue repeater. "We-e-e will not let youuu hurrt herrr..." It may be their imaginations, but it seems to the Deathknights that the unafflicted afflicted are showing no small concern at their comrade's antics.

The fireblood lurches to one side, pivoting to stare wide-eyed at Wyrm. "M-m-my lady!" he calls out. "Donnn come ANY closhure!" He draws his sidearm and levels it at Jackal. "Heee ish not who-ho-ho-ho you think! Hesssh...ANATHEMA!"

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Unmasked Winter - Who, in this most crucial moment knows the wisdom of the Emerald Mother, for the path of righteousness is on all sides besieged by the vile deceptions of the wicked and tyranny of ancient beasts, so she shall ever stand as her sacred brother's keeper and defender of Gaia's children, for she shall strike down with great vengeance and terrible anger all who attempty to poison and destroy the bloodline and they will know the true name of their lord when she lays her vengeance upon them. With all fury of the very sword of the earth, held firmly by The Scarlet Empress (Ever May She Reign).

Through the vibrant colours of her finely painted form, her Heart's each whim unfolds into a beauteous display of emotion.

Throughout the evening a mask of serene contentment bore the odd fleeting ripple of warm approval of her servants' efforts, shimmering anticipation of the joyous sport to come.

And a lingering concern for the ambient unwellness and unease. A grim, moonless night is falling on the city. The last night of her season's rise, an auspicious time to embark on such a familial venture and yet this city is not right. Tension rises as men at arms stumble through the streets, as though bewitched, when mere hours ago they seemed quite well. Although, they spoke of aches...

Surprise - even the customs man, though dragon-graced, can barely speak. Alarm - He raises arms against her dear groom!

He spits that hated word.

Shock, recoil, denial.

Rage.

Focus.

Knowing its master's very pulse, the warhorse surges into action. She slams forward in the saddle, her startled passenger only just has time to not slide off its back. Create the needed room, set him in place to act.

Wheeling wide, it charges between her guard and secretary. The two women are forced to scatter, her mortal servants dive into place to attend their superiors. Into formation, defensive claw, two points, one lash, as flame.

With one mighty leap it closes on the reeling fire aspect. On landing it ducks low, slams its full weight against the official's legs, and throws the man onto its back.

Though strong of will and pure of purpose, this man is in no state to fight. So valiant a heart as his must not be sacrificed in vain.

Buying War 5 for 12xp and "Rescuing" our valiant civil servant.

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 19, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Regal Unbowed Dragon"

Jackal stops, completely stunned by the Fireblood's accusations. Indeed, it was absolutely unexpected that his perfect ruse and masterfully made acting was discovered by these little worms, but what could have triggered such a discovery? One of his mortal servants? If that is the case, then his skin would soon serve as Jackal's new boots when he leaves this Island, but there are other things to solve right now. He then realizes that the bureaucrat still thinks that Wyrm is an Terrestrial, irony of all ironies! Yes, so close yet so far, the thought of it was indeed hilarious. So hilarious that...

"BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Now that's a riot, twerp! Are you actually accusing the Regal Unbowed Dragon, twice-removed cousin of the glorious Mnemon, Almighty Ruler of Juche, Great Supplier of Silks, Master of Horse Dressage, Champion of the Wyld Hunt, Invincible Duelist of the Blessed Island, Ultimate Puzzlecrafter of the Infinity, Sorceror-Knight of the Spellweavers, Admiral of all the Western Seas and Lord Everything Else of the Realm? Do you even realize WHAT consequences such an act invites? For not only you call I, Regal Unbowed Dragon, an existence MUCH HIGHER THAN YOURSELF, a filthy and disgusting Anathema... But also implies that Unmasked Winter, my Wife and Consort, is foolish enough to not notice what happened to her husband? Is your mind that far removed to understand what SORT! of implications such a suspicion lifts? What, pray tell, will happen to your island once they learn that you falsely accused my GLORIOUS self and had me killed? Why, it would be completely erased from all maps, I, Regal Unbowed Dragon, tell you, COMPLETELY. ERASED! For the fires that my loyal servants shall completely erase, eradicate, cremate and obliterate every single living thing in Petraya... But one. Yes, there will be one survivor, and it shall be YOU! Yes, but think not that this is out of mercy, for an INFINITE MANIFOLD of punishments shall await every single creature in Creation that DARES to harm my glorious self. Your eyeballs shall be filled with salt, your skin will be shaved by shark skins, your tongue will be eaten by beetles, your testicles will be bitten by ants, your body will be impaled from colon to mouth by a spear with ten thousand nails in its shaft, and your teeth will be removed ONE. BY. ONE. as slowly and painfully as possible. The finest tortures in all creation will strive to make you suffer for as long as your body can take it, and I, Regal Unbowed Dragon, assure you, that not even on the afterlife you will escape from my wrath!"

Jackal pauses for a bit, dramatically putting his hands together in front of his face, an evil and cruel smile forming on his lips. "But I, Regal Unbowed Dragon, am not completely without mercy. Have your men lay down their weapons, and a lighter punishment shall await you. It's completely up to you now."

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The Everlasting Butterfly of the Decadent Garden The new Daimyo of Piracy!
Personal: 19/19, Peripheral: 3/31, Blood-Rose: 6/7, Willpower: 4/10; Anima: Dark Aura

As Butterfly left the hut, her mind wandered, lost in a daydream. Daimyo of Piracy, huh? That could be fun. After all, that was what they were basically doing on the Envoy, right? Pillaging the living of Creation in the name of Death and the Neverborn. Ever act of death and destruction on the seas would become yet another prayer to her power and another step to fulfilling their eternal task. And the way to hold that position was to take it by force...now who was the current Daimyo of Piracy again?

There can be only one Daimyo of Piracy!: 10d10x7 4 +1 sux for actually being a pirate. :pirate:

Oh right, Mavro Geneiada, the All-Reaver. Hmm...well, since Koko'Ino brought it up and she was a fairly significant threat, maybe, just maybe, she could use that as leverage to draw him out... Well, she'd have to think about it.

There were more pressing matters at hand. When Never came around with her shark to feed the mortals, several of the gods had restricted some of them from eating. That would not stand. And still despite her nap her body was shrouded in flicking darkness... perhaps she could put it to good use. How would the others handle the situation? Butterfly made her way to the alter where Never had dropped the shark, and stood upon it. She did not have the commanding authority of Wyrm, nor Damnation's proud boasts, and neither did she have Bolt's power. All she had was herself, but that was more than enough.

"Alright everyone, listen up! I'm certain word has been spreading, but to remove any confusion allow me to make myself known. I am The Everlasting Butterfly of the Decadent Garden. It was I who challenged the goddess Koko'Ino. That she remains alive to this day is not by my own choice, for it was Damnation who placed her in her current prison. Had I had my way in the matter, her body would be fishfood, and her soul shattered by the powers of the underworld. What I have to say is not unfair, but you would do well to not cross me.

"First, I have seen the people here, and despite the blessings of food we have given, many still go hungry against their will. You gods should be ashamed, letting these people suffer in this way. My comrade brought them a shark, and you shall do the same. Bring these people fish from the sea, of any size you can manage until everyone here is fed, including the Smaragdi. I would be impressed if you brought forth sharks as well, show me what you are capable of." And bring me more lovely shark bones to play with.

"Next, this alter has been profaned with blood of the innocent, cruelly sacrificed. Are the prayer's of the living not enough, that you must silence them? To destroy them like flowers that have not yet blossomed? No more shall a living person be sacrificed upon this alter, or I shall destroy it. You have heard of my wrath, let us hope you do not see my vengeance. That is all, now go." She threw out her arms as it to cast the gods away to their task. "Voice-of-Ages, please help me. Bring me the bodies or whatever else remains of any sacrificed here. I wish to give them a proper funeral."

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

poo poo, Meet Fan

If the way the fireblood cocks the hammer on his weapon is any indication, he has no interest in anything Jackal has to say. 'Unmasked Winter', on the other hand, is a different matter. He struggles faintly as she and Auling pull him onto her horse. "NO! Hesh...NOT yer hushband...thing that K-K-K-KILLED yer hushband..."

So intent is he on his target, that he completely fails to notice Auling jabbing him with a syringe in the crook of his arm. There's a lot he doesn't notice as he first shudders, then convulses, then goes limp, slipping rapidly into unconsciousness. Roughly a third of the infected present, their nerves taxed to their limits by the sympathetic trauma, likewise fall to the ground, senseless.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that the remaining two-thirds, roughly a hundred armed and grizzled sailors, move as one to corner Wyrm, sabers and cutlasses drawn and ready.

Meanwhile

Within the palisade, Bolt and Spark abruptly crackle with sorcerous energies. "Brace yourselves!" Bolt screeches. "This is gonna feel about ten times as bad as the worst bender of your lives!"

An instant later, Damnation and Ceaseless learn that if anything, he was underselling it. The world dissolves into a prismatic whorl of inchoate power as they are drawn down and into the earth. For a few brief, merciful instants, all is black.

Then fire.

When Murmur spoke of a river of fiery power beneath the isle, it wasn't at the time clear just how literally she meant it. A great torrent of motes of burning light surges through the Dragon Line running through Petraya, red and gold and green and wispy blue and white-hot. Along this course, the thunderbirds and their passengers race at breakneck speeds. Up ahead, the river twists sharply upward, forcing the Deathknights to cling to their mounts for dear life.

All around them, whispers echo, the voices of Petraya's native elementals. Patterns emerge in the eddies and whorls of the ley line, eyes and mouths and ears and faces, a fantastical menagerie of beings curious at the intruders in their midst. Up and up they go, a pool of cerulean light shining at the end of the tunnel.

Beyond it, the sky.

Meanwhile

A low rumble sounds throughout the city streets. The infected nervously turn their gaze toward the mountain in the distance - surely this couldn't be an eruption, could it? Here? Now?

No.

Thin and emaciated, pouring from huts and shacks and communal bungalows, a tide of green sweeps through the city, converging on Wyrm's location. The Smaragdi slaves, armed with little more than sticks and spades, and a rare, lucky few with real weapons, push forward. This is clearly nothing planned or organized. A few guards collapse, the workers see a moment of weakness, and realize instinctively that if they are to win their freedom, it's now or never.

The armed guards begin to fall back towards the warehouse, breaking away from the Deathknights to retreat and concentrate their forces. The tribals spill haphazardly into the gap they leave, uncertain. They've come this far, but...now what?

Nervously, they look to the only leader they have.

These guys use the Green Troops profile on Page 279 of the core book, except with Awareness, Melee, and Survival 3 - they are only slightly less scrubby than raw recruits. Even though they outnumber their oppressors four-to-one, they'll need some leadership to prevail.

Meanwhile

The summonees break through the surface of the pool, emerging in a wide fountain in a room tiled with marble. This is quickly whisked away as they soar through the open doorway and twist up into the sky above. Here, the motes turn cloudy-grey and sunset crimson and lightning-yellow. Up and up they ascend, rising until Petraya is only an emerald speck with a black center, a great green eye staring up at them from far below.

Erupting through the clouds, the journey pauses. For an instant, the travelers see naught but the clouds below and the starry, moonless sky above; the will of Heaven, writ for all with the eyes to see.

And then the fall begins.

Hurtling downward through the icy sky, twin bolts of lightning descend on Petraya's eastern port. Rapidly, the details begin to reappear. A shore, a city, a quarter, a street, a building, a roof, two comrades on the roof...

*Ka-BOOOOOOOM!!!*

Haze. Smoke. Ozone. The air around the Deathknights crackles with static, and from the aches in their everything, it seems they've returned to a more-or-less solid state; definitely less than when they set out.

The fog dissipates. Below them, on the concrete floor, two Terrestrials - one fire, one water - stand ready, each at the head of two fangs of spearmen. Beyond them, a maze of crates and boxes; beyond those, archers, archers, everywhere. The fireblood raises his sword, signalling an attack - then halts as he notices the thunderbirds' passengers.

"Hey," Bolt chirps. "We got your invitations. Hope you don't mind the plus-ones."

Ceaseless and Damnation owe me Wits+Resistance rolls, difficulty 4, or count as having botched their JB rolls.

Do I even have to tell you all to roll JB?

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, The Splatter Zone

Ceaseless reflexively raises his sword to defend against the attackers. The rapid motion turns out to be a decidedly bad idea, as it sets off fierce aftershocks of pain throughout his body. With a heroic effort of will, the Midnight manages a brief sneer at the enemy in support of Bolt's quip. The sneer's effect may be somewhat lessened by the clang of soulsteel against concrete as he topples sideways to the floor.

Reflexively raising Resistance to 5 for 7xp. Paralyzed by pain anyway
pre:
Wavecleaver Daiklaive: Speed 4, Accuracy +1,  Damage +5L/2, Rate: 2, Defense: +3, Tags: O, -2 to enemy soak (bracers)

I [ ]
Conditional:
If attacked in melee, activate Vengeful Riposte
If attack can be parried and it is known/appears to be really nasty, activate Death-Deflecting Technique
If attack can be parried and DV penalty is < -1, activate Elegant Flowing Deflection

Personal Pool: 19/19 Peripheral Pool: 11/40 (Attuned motes: 29)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Never Within Reach -Dropping the Pebble

The Day caste watched Wyrms and Jackal's confrontation with the infected Dragonblood with no small amount of amusement. Wyrms had been right to suggest torture over death for the alphas they encountered. The crippling effect on those below it in the hive was even stronger than they'd guessed. She wondered what Jackal might have done to tip them off...

Herald whistled low, and she turned to see the spectral images of twin lightning bolts flash past and down into the building below, one a brilliant green and the other a familiar blue. "Stand aside, I'll give us an entrance." she told Herald, stepping to the center and scoring the plaster with the blades of her wings to mark the spot.

Go time. Never leapt off the roof with powerful wingbeats, forcing her way straight up. Up and up and up, until the air thinned to nothing and the sky turned black. Until the stars were blazing brilliance and the cold chilled her to the marrow. Only there, at top of the world, did she stop, and begin to fall.

She righted herself in the air, face down, wings and arms tucked tight against her sides, a living bullet that went from freezing cold to burning hot from the friction of the air against her. Sound fell behind, too slow to match her pace.

The ground approached. Never could see it all perfectly. Herald's eyes were wide open, staring, as she headed for the large 'X' mark scored in the roof. At the last, mere hundreds of feet before impact, she flipped over to a feet downward position, locking her legs and spreading her great wings. The soulsteel screamed in protest but it held, providing just enough drag to keep her heading straight, as her boots hit the plaster roof directly over the alphas' heads at terminal velocity.

It wasn't enough to stop her, but it wasn't intended to. The white meteor slammed into the enemy, razor-edged wings held wide to catch as many limbs as possible. Sound caught up to her at last in a crashing cascade that shredded the air in the enclosed space like a bomb blast.

Join Battle! = 2 sux.
Never rocket dives through the roof: strength + athletics = 6 sux.
Attacking with soulsteel wings = 8 sux.

quote:

Wings acting as Soulsteel Reaper Daiklaive:
Speed 4, Accuracy +4(6 vs living), Damage +4L/2, Defense +1, Rate 3
Absorb motes up to essence levels of health damage dealt.

Health Levels:
0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] [ ]
2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]

Soak: 7B, 8L, 7A Hardness: 3L, 3B
DDV: 7 MDV: 6

Ongoing:
+3 dodge DV in Flight, move at 5x speed

Conditional:
If attacked at DV penalty, activate Flitting Shadow Form (ignores DV penalties)
If about to be splattered, activate Flickering Wisp Technique (perfect dodge)

Willpower: 6/8
Personal Pool: 17/17
Peripheral Pool: 9/38
(Attuned motes: total 17)
Resonance: 1

mistaya fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 20, 2013

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron
Daughter of Onyx and Silver

Returning to the warehouse is easy enough, especially with the speed of her bike. A hop, skip and a jump later, and Onyx is once again inside the building, prowling over the maze, unseen by all. She picks out the two dragonbloods in charge of the mooks, and decides to focus on the Fire aspect. She touches the silently screaming chain-weapon at her side, drawing on the power of the stone in its hilt. A touch of death suffuses the man, causing his sword to waver, slightly, in midair. Unlikely anyone would notice, unless they were looking for it.

There is a sudden, ghastly noise. There is a sudden, ghastly silence. The inside of the warehouse goes all... wobbly, and Onyx is left blinking by the empowered circle afterimages burned into her retinas. She forces herself to wait for the right moment, until she is sure of her senses and footing again.

"Hey," Bolt chirps. "We got your invitations. Hope you don't mind the plus-ones."

She couldn't ask for a better straight line. Castle Captures the King wraps around one of the roof beams, and the Day Caste launches herself into the air. As Onyx hits the nadir of her swing, a flick of her wrist frees the wicked hook from its mooring, and she shoots across the warehouse floor. Though she has no real talent for it, she finds herself timing her movements by singing.

Have you asked of yourselves 'What's the price you might pay?'
Is this simply a game for rich young boys to play?
The color of the world is changing day by day...

A step, feeling Essence distort time and space around her.

RED - the blood of dying men

The first strike bites home, at the joint of his shoulder and sword arm.

BLACK - the dark of days to come

A return stroke, a vicious hamstringing slice to the backs of his knees.

RED - A world about to end

A final serpentine lash, coiling around the unfortunate infected's neck in a brief caress before tightening in an arterial fountain of gore.

BLACK - The night that falls at last

And just as suddenly as she appears, she has vanished into the shadows again.

Channeled Temperance to for a grand total of 1 sux on JB. Unseen Wisp Method imposes either a -2 external penalty to notice me, or provides 2 bonus successes for my contested Stealth roll, depending on situation. In combat, I read it as doing the latter. Not sure what to roll to Sing.

7m, 1wp (personal) to activate Razor-Edged Prism Assault. Firedeeb needs to beat 11 total successes to see this coming, otherwise first attack is Unexpected. Regardless, the attack imposes a -3 Coordinated Attack penalty on his DV, with Onslaught of -1, -2, -3. Spending 10m (peri) on 1st MA (+1m to prevent it pinging Anima), Accuracy 22 for all three attacks in the flurry. 8 sux, 14 sux, 14 sux. Base damage is 7L+threshold sux. Also activating Death from Nowhere Method (4m, Personal) in step 10 to double any damage inflicted (post-soak) by the first attack.

Follow-up Stealth roll: 7 sux

pre:
Onyx's Combat Statblock

Daughter of Onyx and Silver's Combat Statblock

Health Levels		        Soak*		DV	
-0		O		Bash 	10	Parry	8 (Chain Daiklave)
-1		OO		Lethal	11	Dodge	7
-2		OO		Agg     10	MDV 	6/7 (DDV/PDV, +App mod)
-4		O 		Hard	2L/2B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

*With Discreet Essence Armor active

Chain Daiklave
	"Regular"
	Sp 5	Acc 15	Dam 7/2L	Def 8	Rate 2
	Dire Chain
	Sp 5	Acc 15	Dam 10/2B	Def 8	Rate 2
	Clinch
	Sp 6	Acc 16	Dam 8/2B,P	Def 7	Rate 1
	Short Daiklave
	Sp 4	Acc 17	Dam 5/2L	Def 7	Rate 2

Essence	3 	PersEss: 4/19 	PeriEss: 13/24 (16 committed)

Will 8/10

MadcapViking fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 20, 2013

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm - Assuming Direct Command
Personal 16/16, Peripheral 23/23, Willpower 6/10

As the man slips from consciousness, Wyrm claims centre stage in his final vision. Meeting his weary eyes, taking his shaking hand. "Well done, now sleep. Your fate is in good hands."

She takes the repeater from his grip in time to see his soldiers obediently flop over on the stone.

The dominoes begin to fall. Would her foe now set their horde against her? On what ground? Look down. You've laid your roots in poisoned soil. Your callous deeds have dusted it with tinder. Now you smell the smoke. Now you hear the thunder. Now you know. You are too late.

She looks out over a lush field of green, ripe with rage and sorrow. They look to her in awe. In fear. On all their eyes one question - What now? In all their hearts lurk one answer. Wyrm slams her mount to a halt at the edge of the mob, her captive proudly on display and trophy tight in hand. "Now, you fight!"

Seatongue serves so well for orders.

Rapid sweeps of her sleeves part the crowd into even slices, a commanding roar grants each a number. The first is set upon the fallen guards, to see them bound, gagged, stripped of arms, and safely stowed between four walls. Now the best armed of the present rabble, they are designated shock troops and assigned to serve, unerring, their Dragonlord's first lieutenant. They would form the main line and begin to press the advance.

Already duly trained and equipped, her ever-faithful servants shall take favourable position on local rooftops. Her ever-faithful secretary shall ensure they are met with no unscheduled appointments.

The rest, second through fourth, shall fall into her wake and as a great conflagration sweep through the city crushing any stragglers under foot and encircling their foes.

Let's form 4 Magnitude 3 units for now, give one to Rose and keep the rest under Wyrm. Get the sleepyguards bound and locked in a building for later, and get to fightin'.

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Petrayan Roller Coaster Ride

Petrayan Roller Coaster Ride: 5d10x7 4

Much to everyone's surprise, Damnation steps out of the Dragon Lines not battered, not disoriented, but exhilarated. "The Petrayan Roller Coaster Ride! We should charge tourists for that poo poo! That part where you go through the fiery river, up through the volcano, and then the drop? That's the most fun I've ever had without anybody bleeding." The confused dragonblooded see the loudmouthed pirate's mask turn to look at his compatriot. "Ceasless, how'd you find it?" Even through the mask, astonishment is visible as Damnation's pupils dilate at seeing his comrade fall to the floor, the clang of full plate on stone echoing throughout the warehouse.

The pirate's eyes then roll back into his head. "Stop being a bloody ninny, boy. Bolt told you this wasn't going to be one of Butterfly's tea parties." A gauntlet-clad hand rips a hip flask from Damnation's belt and hurls it at the prone pirate. Unable to catch it, it clangs against his armor and spills out on the floor. Damnation begins to howl over spilled grog, but then notices Spark beginning to move after the circle is marred. "Ah, they trap you like that!" Casting a sidelong glance at Bolt, Damnation stabs his daiklave down through the stone floor, cutting off some of the lines in the binding circle. The two of them look directly ahead at the hundred or so troops and labyrinthine passageways ahead. Spitting piratically in their direction, he mutters under his breath back to the Thunderbird; "Bolt, the alphas could escape easily by the time I hack through that many bodies. Can you get me past them?"

The massive chieftain of thunderbirds chuckles, still standing inside his circle. "You flew through the Dragon Lines like a real god-damned spirit. Ready to fly a little more?" Damnation elbows the massive beast in the sternum playfully, responding "Don't ask stupid questions. And don't kiss me, or I'll flay you alive, fry you in oil, and get my Koko'Ino on. Let's do this."

Warehouse JB: 5d10x7 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFUjwj_RB5o

Before he can finish talking, the Thunderbird's massive talon hefts him off his feet. The thunderbird begins to spin around in a giant circle, wings battering soldiers aside like tenpins. The chief laughs riotously as Damnation begins to howl once again. "I'm gonna make a supersonic man out of you!" Mortal infectees gasp as the blazing anima of ships crashing into the sea darkens the skies over them, and commanders rally their forces and order firedust and arrows alike to be shot at this tiger of an Anathema defying the laws of gravity.

However, their attacks are ineffectual. The arrows make little "tink" noises against his armor. The firedust ignites the mixture of grog and antimony across his blade as he uses it to deflect the fireballs effortlessly, howling with laughter all the while. Even when one catches him unexpected, it serves only to ignite his cloak, which burns against his armor and helmet without causing harm. Soldiers try to ignite torches as they bump into each other, but the raging totemic anima moves faster than the speed of light, darkening every light source save the shooting star of the supersonic Death Knight soaring above them all.

As illusory ships begin to crash against every surface of the warehouse, it becomes clear that the archers and gunmen have failed utterly. The anathema burning through the skies was headed directly for one of the alpha plants and wasn't about to be stopped. The woodblooded terrestrial, however, was not deterred. Remebering his years of training, he spied the Abyssal and braced for impact. Though his forces had been surprised, he took solace in the fact that he himself was not struck unawares.

But just then, in a single instant, the Abyssal comet split into five forms. Five Damnations, surging ahead and roaring incomprehensible profanities at the woodblooded, for the last person to knock Damnation down was the woodblooded plant-creature Cynis Xulan, and he had not forgotten. They landed gently, forming a pentagram around the Immaculate, and taunted him. Their voices united in an eerie chorus of spite. "I decapitated Cynis Xulan twice, and yet she still struck me down. I shall not tolerate this again. I trained with the others she wronged, and I have learned techniques that can defeat your puny martial arts!"

As the monk moved to guard himself, the Damnation standing behind him yelled out something. "Forest Fires Cannot Be Prevented Prana!" The flames wreathing the massive Daiklave hid the true location of its presence, and blocking it proved nearly impossible. Just as he thought he had pinpointed its location, low, moving for his femoral artery, another Death Knight appeared, also shouting. "Lumberjack Fells the Tree Technique! Another blade from in close moved directly for his neck, and while he bent over to dodge it, another Damnation moved in with a series of three rapid feints before aiming directly for his heart. "Metal Defeats Rowan Ro-sham-bo!" Bending over backwards to avoid the blow to his heart, a nearly prone pirate comes flying in sideways, aiming to take out his shins, shouting "Severing Roots of the Juniper Jutsu!" Finally, from the opposite side, the last of the Piratical Pentagram moves in with the bisecting strike he had used against Cynis Xulan herself, aiming to cut him in half directly downwards. "Blade Carves Apple Atemi!"

Seeing his comrade assaulted, the other alpha plant ran over to assist but stopped halfway, blinded by a blazing light. It was then the realization dawned upon him; The Anathema had stopped time and surged forward in five different ways across five different timelines, but in the sixth timeline, he was still there, burning across the sky inside a warehouse that suddenly felt far too small. Was it possible to stop him now? The alpha-plant looked him at him and saw a literal fireball of blazing passion, and for one moment, their eyes met. What the hivemind saw was perhaps the most terrifying part of the whole ordeal; In his real eyes, there was not an ounce of rage or bitterness or vengeance or anger. No, this was the perfect killer, for his eyes held nothing but pure, unbridled joy, burning even hotter than the flames on his blade and cloak. He was having a good time. Having a good time!

"I am the Dread Pirate Damnation! My Blade is the Blade that will Pierce the Heavens!"

Pentagram Attacks! 1: 22d10x7 11
Pentagram Attacks! 2: 22d10x7 13
Pentagram Attacks! 3: 22d10x7 6
Pentagram Attacks! 4: 22d10x7 9
Pentagram Attacks! 5: 22d10x7 10
Giga Daiklave Maximum! (versus other Alpha): 25d10x7 6
Spent 9m, 1wp attacking.

pre:
To attack Damnation:
Roll at least 1 success on a reflexive valor roll after the attack is declared or it fails, 
then take a -2 internal penalty and 3 dice of unsoakable lethal damage:
This can be resisted by paying 3 WP
Take a -1 external penalty: This can be resisted by paying 5 WP.

-0		O		Bash 	20	Parry	13 (GD)
-1		OO		Lethal	19	Dodge	3
-2		OO		Agg     17	MDV 	6/7 (DDV/PDV, +App mod)
-4		O 		Hard	11L/11B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

Essence	3 	PersEss: 19/19 	PeriEss: 0/25 (16 committed)

Will 7/10

Soulsteel Grand Daiklave
Speed 5, Accuracy 19, Damage 15L/4, Defense +1, Rate 1, Tags: 2, O, R
Parry DV Calculation 
(5 Dex + 5 Melee + 3 Specialty + 3 Infinite Mastery 
+ 1 Defense + 4 Death Well-Remembered + 4 Dusk Anima = 25/2 = 12.5 (Round up))

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 20, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What an impertinent little whelp! To think Jackal wasted such a masterful speech with him only for those imbeciles to cold-cock... Or cold-inject, whatever, the bureaucrat before he recanted his behavior before Jackal! Still, it's obvious to know that things will go downhill from there. He smiles as the waves of Smaragdi flood the are, waving at his servants at the small arsenal they bought and opening his arms in a friendly way. "Well, well, it looks like we have a rebellion of sorts going on. Feel free to grab swords, spears and bows, my stinky friends, as long as you shed the blood of our enemies, I, Regal Unbowed... No, I, BLIGHTED JACKAL FACE MASTER, shall bring my support AND eventual-leadership-should-the-Lady-falls for your plucky little uprising. And if there are not enough to substitute those puny sticks and shovels for cold steel, there appear to be a bunch of armed guards in that direction, so shall we kill them all?" He smiles at them, his expression being quite... optimistic and strangely kind for someone who's advocating a massacre, but perhaps not that uncanny for Abyssal standards.

Jackal then walks forward while his Followers start handing weapons around. He picks up a small pebble slowly caressing it with his fingers while a thin veneer of black liquid starts to cover it. "Wherever you go, there is no escape from me. I, Jackal, am going to have every single one of you guys killed, even the ones who surrender. Because, you see, there are a few reasons for me to be in a bad mood." He speaks in a soft tone while looking around. After choosing one of the retreating guards at random he quickly throws it at him, waiting until the fell energy that he infused in the small object does the trick.

"It's Party Time, motherfuckers!"

Spending 2 peripheral essence to activate Improvised Assassin's Trick and use Wicked Darts (Destruction)
pre:
Improvised Pebble: 
Speed 5, Acc -2, Damage 2L, Rate 3, Instakills Extras.

Soak 15B/10L/9A, DDV 5, MDV 6
Conditional: 
If attacked, Dread Lord Presence [Attackers must roll 2 Willpower to not be intimidated]

Health Levels:

0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] 
2 [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]
Willpower: 7/8 Conviction: 3/3 Temperance: 2/2 Compassion: 1/1 Valor: 3/3
Personal Pool: 14/17 Peripheral Pool: 34/38 (3 Committed)

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm - Battlefield

Wyrm finds her foes appropriately shocked and awed by the sudden change of winds. As they scramble to assume defensive formation around the warehouse they twist and turn in predictable patterns. Their roots struggle to recoil as the soil rejects the foreign blight they are. They fall back in little bends and sweeps of lines, collecting around their vital points. Revealing their locations.

No movement is wasted in taking her position. Repeater slipped away, bow into hand and quiver onto back. She seizes the vibrant white and orange weathers of a certain breed of arrow.

Her hunter's eyes lock on the one most dearly guarded of them all.

She draws slowly, giving her prey just time enough to look back at her eyes and know its fate. She lays her thumb just so, placing a strip of flint set in her glove against the arrowhead.

Set loose, it lights.

It hungers.

Start moving to flank, aim for three, then shoot a fire arrow into one of the enemy leaders/relays.
Pulse of Prey to Negate the called shot, four motes into first archery excellence. Got a 6, Plus Ride 5 bonus gives 7 Sux

pre:
===============Fight Block===============
Essence: Personal  9/16, Peripheral  23/23
Willpower:  6/10
DDV 3(5 Mounted) PDV 2(5 HorseParry?) (6/6 in close vs unmounted foe)
Soak: Nat  3B  1L     | Mobility -1
      Arm 14B 15L 15A |
      Tot 17B 16L 15A | Hardness: 6B 6L 
Health: -0[ ] -1[ | | ] -2[ | | | ] -4[ ] I[ ]

Attacks: (All base Accuracy)
Punch: Speed 5, Acc 4, Damage 1B/1, Defense +2, Rate 3
Kick: Speed 5, Acc 3, Damage 4B/1, Defense -2, Rate 2
Clinch: Speed 6, Acc 3, Damage 1B/1 (P), Defense -, Rate 1
Plasma Tongue Repeater: Speed 5, Acc 10, Damage 10L, Rate 1, Range 20(Max), Ammo 5/5, Tags F S
Flame Piece: Speed 5, Acc 9, Damage 8L, Rate 1(2), Range 8, Ammo 1, Tags F
Short Powerbow: Speed 6, Acc 10(12), Base Damage 3(5)L/2, Rate 2, Range 250, Tags 2 B  
    Ammo Types: Broadhead - Dam 5(7)L 
                Frog C.   - Dam 7(9)L Double Armour
                Target    - Dam 3(5)L P
                Fire      - Acc 9(11), Dam 6(8)L/1L, Range 100, Cause 1L/Action Trauma 1 Fire Hazard (Max 25 Ticks)
                Incindiary- Dam 5(7)B/2L, Range 100, Ammo 12/12, Cause 2L/Action Trauma 2 Fire Hazzard (Max 50 Ticks)

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 21, 2013

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

exaltedcombat.txt

An awful silence reigns inside the warehouse. The thunderbirds were expected; their riders were not. A low, susurrating whisper sweeps through the room as the infectees consider their situa-

*clang!*

Startled by Ceaseless' toppling from his steed, the fireblood leaps into action; before anyone can even react, he's drawn blood from Bolt twice.

Fire Mac wins initiative, deals 3L to Bolt.

"You mind?" the elemental grumbles indignantly. "Kinda busy here." Indeed, Bolt scarcely seems to notice the pain. Instead, he looks up and down the rows of crates, gauging angles and positions. Satisfied, he nods - just as the Immaculate recovers and unleashes a second flurry of stabs, this time accompanied by a storm of arrows from the archers.

Fluttering into the air, Bolt twists within the confines of the binding circle, sliding over one thrust, backstepping away from another, and twisting aside from the third as he flaps his wing and scatters the arrows with a gale."Hey! I said I was busy!" The instant Damnation cuts the lines of power in the circles, Bolt seizes him in one talon. "Thanks," he says before spinning about and hurling the Abyssal clear through two piles of crates and into the center of the room.

Bolt winds up spending a fair few motes on the Second Dodge Excellency, but somehow manages to ninja-dodge the Fire 'mac's stabs. Finishing his Aim, he throws Damnation clear of the bushwhack.

The two alphas, recognizable by their tattered green robes, stand at the very center of the warehouse, surrounded by piles of boxes and twoscore men-at-arms. In this arrangement, they may direct the fight with impunity, seeing through borrowed eyes and ears and orchestrating every move of this deadly dance. It would be suicide to attempt to approach them.

Strange. Considering their targets, one would expect that they'd be ready for an aerial assault.

Before the guards can even react, one of the two alphas is down. Roughly half the soldiers present spasm and convulse, but do not fall or falter. Howling with fury, two formations of archers unleash squalls of arrows upon the Dusk. Or rather, one formation does; the other finds its rage outmatched by its mortal terror. One of the shooters topples over as he fires, struck dead by Damnation's fell power. His arrow delivers a parting rejoinder.

Alpha with green flowers is down but not dead. Archers try to fire on Damnation; one squad succumbs to Dread Lord's Demeanor, the other shoots anyways and suffers one casualty as a result, but holy crap one of them actually managed to hurt Damnation. He takes 1L. 3-die for Damns.

Bolt shrieks, and lightning crashes down through the roof in answer to his call. The strike grazes the waterblood, a rippling aura of cyan energy taking the brunt of it, then arcs to and through an entire squad of archers. When the smoke clears, not a one of them is left standing. Meanwhile, Spark frantically nudges at Ceaseless, trying in vain to pull the stricken Deathknight to his feet.

Bolt's action isn't over; he busts out Principle of Motion and unleashes four shots, rolling ridiculously well. Waterblood has his soak pumped through the roof with Water Dragon Form and takes only 2L, but subsequent attacks wipe out an entire squad of archers.

Damnation's boisterous speech is punctuated when Never crashes down and through the roof, scything through four guards and delivering nasty rakes to both alphas; Herald follows in her wake, lashing out with his chain and laying flat five men in the blink of an eye.

Both alphas take 2L. 2-die stunt for Never.

Frantic, the fireblood senses the tide of battle turning against him. He makes ready for one more assault upon the thunderbird captain, sheets of flame roaring through the dry air around him.

He never sees Onyx coming.

Her weapon splintering into a dozen mirror images of itself, three of the blows strike true. The first bites into his arm, laying it open to the bone, while the second catches him in the hamstring and drops him to his knee. The third sweeps around to his front and narrowly misses his throat, slicing into his chest; gurgling, he collapses in a heap. The water-aspect searches for his target, only to find her already gone.

Fire 'mac is exactly incapped. Nobody rolls well enough to spot Onyx, although one guy comes close. Also, 2-die stunt

Unable to find one target, the monk chooses another and descends upon Ceaseless; his raking claws glance off the Midnight's chestplate with a metallic skang! His spearmen follow suit, and the Abyssal finally finds the strength to defend himself. Lying on his back, he sweeps his weapon in a wide arc, catching the speartips and turning them aside. Enraged, the fire-aspect's retinue lunge for Spark, who hastily hops backwards and out of the way. The bird takes a deep breath, then begins to incant a spell.

Water 'mac hits Ceaseless but fails to overcome his Hardness, while the spearmen outright miss both him and Spark. Spark begins casting Internal Flame, targeting the water-aspect.

Back at the center, the remaining alpha steps back through her crowd of protectors. She transitions into a strange kata, sinuous movements interspersed with sudden, rapid lunges and twisting gyrations. Her motions are fascinating and enrapturing, a swaying cobra in the midst of the battlefield. Subtle power seeps from her being, commanding the attentions of Never, Damnation, and Herald.

Frankly, they find it all more than a little bit silly.

Yellow alpha uses Unbreakable Fascination Kata and rolls fail-tacular to beat the group's MDVs.

Whatever else it is, it serves well as a distraction. A fuzzy blur on the upper catwalk fades briefly into visibility, resolving itself into a hollow-eyed man in white robes. The air ripples and churns about him as he sweeps his arms open wide, then brings them together with yet another deafening roar of thunder.

This one, however, is different somehow. The three feel the noise more than hear it, and it takes every ounce of Never's concentration to shake it off; even then, she can still feel her teeth vibrating. Herald's form crackles and wavers, breaking up into rainbow static. He looks directly at Never and shouts "WHAT?!?"

He seems a little the worse for wear.

Air deeb uses Thunderclap Kata. Damnation makes his roll, Never WPs and Conviction channels it, and Herald...well, the difficulty is doubled for spirits, so he really didn't stand a chance. He's forced to Guard for at least three ticks, and for his next four actions takes -2 dice to everything and is deaf.

--------

Outside

Guided by its mistress' bloodlust, Wyrm's arrow takes its prey in the throat. The important-looking one goes down choking on his own blood, and the rest of his squad collapses into disarray. Sensing weakness, the Smaragdi load their slings and rain down stones on the stricken unit; in addition to Wyrm's kill, half a dozen more are struck dead by the onslaught. Evidently, some of the bullets were fragments of obsidian, because there's a lot more blood than one would expect from a run-of-the-mill stoning.

Wyrm's Target Relay action is successful; Tribal scales 2 and 3 dogpile on and get six more kills on top of that. 1-die stunt for Wyrm.

The pressganged sailors lash out with machetes and cutlasses, but without the leadership afforded by the hivemind node, they fight as a confused mob rather than a crack unit. Even the untrained rebels manage to fall back and out of the way of their advance.

The other scale of infectees draws weapons and readies itself to repulse a push on the warehouse...and then, something happens. No orders are given, no signal heralds the change, and yet suddenly the light of madness shines in their eyes. The tribals' advance slows as they see the lunatic grins on the faces of their enemies, and without warning, they find themselves the ones frantically pushing back against an onrushing tide. When the two sides break away, there are bodies left in their wake.

The unit Wyrm decapitated fights back. Badly. No damage. The other one goes nuts and charges, but fails to overcome the tribals' Blockade Movement. Since they set their weapons against the charge and rolled pretty well, the Smaragdi actually kill a couple and stop the advance, but lose a couple of their own in the bargain.

Flames lick through the air as Rose finishes her kata. She turns her ardent glare on her own unit. "Well?" she barks in Seatongue. "What are you waiting for? Help them!" They hasten to obey.

Unfortunately, they hasten a bit too much, and their shots streak wide. When all's said and done, only two more of the enemy have been felled.

"You call that fighting?!" Until now, Auling has, quite sensibly, remained silent during this affair. Now, he dares to speak. "Arm back, foot forward, swing, and release! This ain't sorcery!"

Rose adopts Fire Dragon Form while her unit attacks. Although she spends a Morale on damage, the tribals only score two kills. Auling uses a Rally action - a Speed 6 (Charisma+Performance) check. Success restores or adds a single point of temporary Morale; every five successes adds another point on top of that. On its own, Rallies target only a single squad, but certain converted charms will allow it to affect more.

Slack jawed and uncomprehending, they stare. This makes little and less sense to them - they turned to the angel for help, but one of the hated Dynasts is giving them orders. On top of that, another, younger Terrestrial is shouting additional orders to back her up! To whom are they supposed to listen?

And then Jackal's pebble whips past and strikes one of the sailors in the chest. The man screams in agony as his skull and extremities swell with blood, deform, and ultimately explode in showers of gore like meaty, overripe produce.

Back into the fight they go.

And a 1-die for Jackal

Battle Order posted:

tick 0: Infected Firemac (Slice 'n' Dice)
tick 1: Bolt (Aiming), Wyrm (Sniping)
tick 2: Rose + Attached Unit (Fire Dragon Form, Volley Fire)
tick 3: Herald (Aiming), Tribal Scale 3 (Slings), Archer Squad 3 (Arrows), Yellow Alpha (Guarding), Firemac (More stabs)
tick 4: Bolt (Catch!, TOKI WO TOMARE!!) Infected Earthmac (Guarding), Auling (Rally!)
tick 5: Damnation (Green Alpha incapped!), Sailor Scale 2 (Attack!)
tick 6: Jackal (Splat!), Onyx (Firemac incapped!), Never (Bringing Down The Roof), Spark (I Put On My Robe And Wizard Hat), Infected Airmac (BOOM!), Infected Watermac (Stabbing Ceaseless), Sailor Scale 1 (CHAAARGE!), Green Alpha, Tribal Scale 1 (Hold the line!), Tribal Scale 2 (Follow the leader), Archer Squad 1, Archer Squad 2 (Shooting Damnation), Archer Squad 4 (Paralyzed with fear), Infected Firemac, Yellow Alpha (ALL HAIL HYPNOPLANT!), Herald (Whiplash), Spear Dudes (Fail)
->tick 7: Ceaseless, Rose + Attached Unit, Wyrm
tick 8: Tribal Scale 3
tick 9: Archer Squad 3, Infected Earthmac, Infected Watermac, Sailor Scale 2
tick 10: Never, Bolt, Auling, Sailor Scale 1, Archer Squad 1
Tick 11: Onyx, Jackal, Damnation, Archer Squad 2, Herald (affected by TK), Infected Airmac, Tribal Scale 1, Tribal Scale 2, Spear Dudes

Damage posted:

Damnation: 1L
Bolt: 3L
Herald: 5B, Thunderclap Kata'd
Green Alpha: 11L, Incap'd
Yellow Alpha: 2L
Archer Squad 1: DEAD
Archer Squad 2: 19/20
Fire Mac: 9L, Incap'd
Water Mac: 2L
Alpha Bodyguards: 31/40, 4 dead, 5 KO'd
Tribal Scale 1: 98/100
Sailor Scale 1: 45/50
Sailor Scale 2: 43/50, Out of Command

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 22, 2013

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm - Setting Course

The Blue and White metal fins of Wyrm's next shot are firm in hand well before infested sailors scramble to adapt to her first. As they twist about in shared shock and agony she sees a few convene upon the burning body of their former root. That's right boys, best you put that out before-

She draws as Auling makes his... adequate attempt to motivate the mob. Leaning back with the bowstring she settles near his ear and quietly snarls, "Boy, this is no sporting pitch. You're on my battlefield, and on my field you lead by action!"

Striking Auling has the natural consequence of loosing Wyrm's arrow. The motion leaves her turned about to face the mob which rose this night to battle in her name. The Horse already turns to follow, the lavish silks which hide her armour flow out in a vibrant wash of colour. shone through by the setting sun.

Forgotten, but not lost, the arrow sails true into the mass of sailors. Its glass tip strikes home on one sailor's burning corpse, and under another's falling boot.

Her arms outstretched, Wyrm is thrown into silhouette as the battlefield erupts with flame and thunder. In one great sweep she calls the tribal moths to dance upon the edge of day and night, of life and death.

And there, find victory.

Flurry - Napalm Arrow at Sailor Scale 2, looking to compound their fire hazard, then Attach to Tribal Scale 3. 1m To Archery Ex for a net accuracy of 10. 4 Sux

pre:
Essence: Personal  10/16, Peripheral  23/23
      Arm 14B 15L 15A |

Plasma Tongue Repeater: Speed 5, Acc 10, Damage 10L, Rate 1, Range 20(Max), Ammo 5/5, Tags F S
Short Powerbow: Speed 6, Acc 10(12), Base Damage 3(5)L/2, Rate 2, Range 250, Tags 2 B  
                Target    - Dam 3(5)L P
                Fire      - Acc 9(11), Dam 6(8)L/1L, Range 100, Cause 1L/Action Trauma 1 Fire Hazard (Max 25 Ticks)
                Incindiary- Dam 5(7)B/2L, Range 100, Ammo 11/12, Cause 2L/Action Trauma 2 Fire Hazzard (Max 50 Ticks)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Never Within Reach -Hey, You!

Never cuffed Herald lightly on the cheek to get his attention and pointed directly at the offending Air aspect so at least he knew what hit him. Resisting that attack was difficult, but she was entirely too annoyed with her performance back on the beach to allow an Immaculate to get the better of her here and she shrugged it off with as much effort as she could muster.

She glanced around the warehouse, gauging angles of attack. She needed height, a good view of the whole place, and as much cover as she could find. The roof was basically gone, letting in the evening air, but she'd lose too much vision if she went up there to shoot down. No, it had to be inside. The boxes were unstable and filled with poison, and the second level was occupied by enemies... Where? Where to go?

The thunderbird leader gave another shriek and suddenly Never knew exactly what to do. She snapped her wings and the hot red blood and sap clinging to the bladed edges spattered across her white leathers like paint on a canvas. She leaped into the air, doing a full somersault and landing on one knee right over Bolt's blue feathered shoulders. The thunderbird towered over the enemy, giving her a perfect, if not quite stable, height to shoot from.

"You didn't need to save me so many." she chided.

"What can I say? I'm generous like that."

"Well, then it would be rude not to indulge."

She held out her right hand and the great black bow, Midnight's Gentle Caress, formed first in her mind's eye and then in reality. She clenched her left fist and a slim black arrow with a vicious forked tip came into being. It burned hot with pride. She flipped the pouch on her belt open, revealing the glass jar filled with antimony paste that Butterfly had made and Never had carefully liberated from her things while she was off being sneaky with Watcher and talking to that horrid sea-goddess.

What? It wasn't like Butterfly needed it right this second.

The archer counted targets. One alpha was down, and the other bloodied. Damnation and Onyx were both close enough to deal with her in a few seconds time. Of the Immaculates, the Air-aspect had nearly deafened her and definitely done so to Herald. He was a bigger threat for the moment, and she was the only one in good position to respond to it. But he was too agile to give her a clear shot if she simply aimed up at him. No, this would require subtlety.

Bolt dipped and moved below her, fighting his own battle, but her balance was perfect and her patience was infinite. She waited, timing her breaths to his motion, holding her aim steady, arrow nocked and string drawn with a bead on the yellow alpha. But Never's smile betrayed her trap. Her monocle stayed sighted on the Air-aspect the whole time. As soon as he left cover, she turned and fired directly at him.

"The sky is ours." she whispered, too low for anyone but Bolt to hear. Her anima flared into full and vibrant life, dark winds swirling around her in a hurricane that blew her hood back and obscured her features in hazy and glorious shadow.

Never gains 7 motes from her last attack, but has to spent 2 WP (1 conviction channel) to resist Thunderclap Kata.
Actions:
Reflexive: (3m)Ravening Mouth of Archery
Instant: (10m) Archery Overwhelming, (10dice), (2m)100-paces Bite(drains 3m), (6m)Bloodthirsty Arrow (-3DV)
Flurry: (5m 1wp) Exquisite Relic Bow, Attacking. Total spent: 26 motes,

Never plugs an Air-Mac: 13 sux

quote:

Power Longbow: (vs living target, +2 acc+2 damage)
Speed 6, Accuracy +1, Damage +3L, Rate 3, Range 350, Tags: 2,B,O

Target: Strength +0L as base damage, Piercing, treat lethal soak of armor as half true value rounded down when damage is applied. Additional: +Antimony Mixture

Health Levels:
0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] [ ]
2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]

Ongoing:

Conditional:

Willpower: 3/8
Personal Pool: 7/17
Peripheral Pool: 0/38

mistaya fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 22, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blighted Jackal Face Master - The Killing Fields.

"Ah, the sight of blood. It brings such nostalgia to my eyes." Jackal quips as he observes the sailor imploding into a messy pile of meat and the start of hostilities between the Smaragdi and the guards. It appears that the damnable woman got the command of things before him, and as much as Jackal loathed it, she was doing a pretty good job at it. In fact, such a good job that perhaps he might have some more fun going somewhere else. He removes off his bat-shaped belt buckle, throwing it on the ground as it starts to shift and grow in size.

"Have fun there, 'Dearest Wife'! I, Jackal, will look for somewhere else to have fun, Mwahahahaha!" He starts to laugh while climbing atop the Windblade transporter, which starts to ascend as he adjusts his feet to attain control of the vehicle. "Leave some alive for us to feed later!" He yells at the Smaragdi below before jolting to the warehouse's damaged roof, observing Never and the others fight against the Immaculate monks. Looks like the pitiful group is having quite a hassle, perhaps they need a lesson on how to deal with the Terrestrial wimps. Jackal laughs again while homing on the Water Monk, launching himself as his Windblade opens with razor-sharp wings. "I have never tried to kill someone with this before, actually. Might see if it works!" He yells as he accelerates the personal vehicle.

And it shows he never tried it before.

Oh dear, Anima probably flared up with the 10 peripheral motes used to activate the Windblade... And a botch on my ramming attempt :negative:

pre:
Windblade Wings: 
Speed 5, Acc 0, Damage 10L+successes, Rate 2.

Soak 15B/10L/9A, DDV 5 [6 against hand-to-hand, 7 against ranged], MDV 6
Conditional: 
If attacked, Dread Lord Presence [Attackers must roll 2 Willpower to not be intimidated]

Health Levels:

0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] 
2 [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]
Willpower: 7/8 Conviction: 3/3 Temperance: 2/2 Compassion: 1/1 Valor: 3/3
Personal Pool: 16/17 Peripheral Pool: 24/38 (3 Committed)

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, The Splatter Zone, Con't

Not again, thinks Ceaseless. Get up, get up, drat you! You withstood the agony of thirst for days and now you're letting something like this take you out of the fight?!? The Midnight closes his eyes.

He clings to his float on the hungry sea, breath whistling through his raw and swollen throat. He cannot swallow. He cannot move his cramped arms and shoulders enough to dip his mouth to the sea. He tries to close his eyes, but they are too dry to slide shut. He stops seeing.

quote:

He is malevolence and inevitability. He is hunger and need. He is inescapable and patient. He is waking up. The tides are right; the currents are right; the stars are right; the reefs are right; the cliffs are right; the time is right; death is right; he is right. He spins. He pulls. He rises from the deep.
He sees once more. A bird, landing on his arm, beak sharp, eyes cruel. It pecks at him, beak clanging against his armor. (That's strange.) The whirlpool buoys him up. Fangs. The arm moves after all.

Ceaseless opens his eyes. Spears descend, but his sword swirls them away. The whirlpool spins him to his feet and he realizes he has been making a terrible hissing rasp. The sand blowing across bones. The sea receding suddenly from the shore, dragging hope with it. If you are there to hear, it is too late.

He cuts off. In the moment of quiet before the whirlpool crashes ashore he says, "We choose, not you." His arms fling wide as the whirlpool takes him, spinning him across the floor towards Spark. He spins faster, sword carving a line of darkest blue through the air. Faster, and everything is a blur except his eyes, too wide and staring straight ahead beneath the flaring veil of bones. Faster, and between one blink and the next there are two pairs of eyes, then three, five, six! The whirling blur splits apart, blurs circling each other, circling Spark, spreading greedy maws wide across the floor. The blurs resolve into six identical copies of Ceaseless, slowly circling around the chanting thunderbird. They show their fangs in unison.

"I-," the copies look at each other and make identical rasping giggles. "We. We aren't the one who's going to kill you," they say to the water aspect and his spearmen. "For you, it'll be masked death or winged death or invisible death or fiery death. We aren't going to kill you, no. But we are the one who's going to use you to fix the head. There's been some issues, and the souls of little wishy washy types like you are always the most useful for plumbing repairs. Maybe we'll even let you remain aware," the Midnight muses, tapping twenty-four fingers on his cheeks in unison. "That might make it easier to take advantage of the gag reflex, which is really one of the more effective flow triggering mechanisms around."

Crisis! Spending 8 xp to learn Hundred Razor Circle. Moving to guard Spark, then spending 5m peripheral to activate Hundred Razor Circle.
pre:

I [ ]              Anima: Bleeding Caste mark
Conditional:
-Reflexively attack all who come near.
-If attacked in melee, activate Vengeful Riposte.
-If attack can be parried and it is known/appears to be really nasty, activate Death-Deflecting Technique.
-If attack can be parried and DV penalty is < -1, activate Elegant Flowing Deflection.

Personal Pool: 19/19 Peripheral Pool: 6/40 (Attuned motes: 29)

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

A Comedy Of Errors

Though the waterblood gives no signal, his squad backs off. Ceaseless' deadly defense holds them at bay, and both parties in stalemate. The Immaculate coldly regards Spark, torn between risking dismemberment and permitting the sorcerer to finish his spell. Nobody makes a move...until Jackal swoops down from above, blades on his craft at full extension, aiming for the monk's neck. Shrieking, the Windblade bears down on the Deathknight's target.

One instant, the Dragon-Blood is in his sights.

The next, he's below and behind Jackal, drifting gently under the assault like water under a bridge.

As it transpires, going from a full dive to a dead stop runs smack up against a number of physical laws. Jackal topples from his craft and lands on the concrete floor, hard. Not hard enough to leave a mark - Soulsteel is tougher than that - but directly in front of an Immaculate monk is never the best place to be when you're Anathema.

Lining up in front of one is even worse.

The waterblood inhales with a noise like a roaring whirlpool, then gives a mighty kiai. The air in front of him thickens, turns as black and opaque as the deepest sea, and surges forward. As a sailor, Jackal has been trained to remain calm and collected while underwater so as to prevent drowning. He is somewhat less experienced in dealing with foes who attack using the idea of drowning as a weapon.

Naturally, he decides to get the gently caress out of the way.

The wave rushes onward, spreading to catch Ceaseless and all of his reflections in its path. There's no time to think - he simply acts, bringing his sword up. In one clean sweep, the Deathknight slices the pulse of Essence in half; lacking cohesion, it disperses and evaporates.

Jackal's botch dumps him directly in front of the Water 'Mac, who promptly uses Tsunami Force Shout. Jackal crisis's into 2nd Dodge Excellency, while Ceaseless blocks with Death-Deflecting Technique. 2-die stunt for Ceaseless, boosting his DVs until the start of his next action.

Leaping down from the catwalk above, the earth-aspect slams his tetsubo into the ground. A glowing fissure radiates from the point of impact, twisting and winding its way through the crowd, upwards to the elevated area where the alpha stands, and directly underneath Damnation, Herald, and Never, thereupon which it gapes wide into three yawning chasms in the earth below.

Damnation's anima surges outward, forcing the crack to close in upon itself and retreat.

Herald is still walking on air.

Never can fly.

Earthmac uses Hungry Earth Strike and rolls terribly - 5 sux. Hilariously, Damnation would have been hit but for the DV bonus from his anima. Mac takes 1L from Heart-Stopping Mien

Evidently, the remaining alpha recognizes when the odds are against her. Abandoning her dance, she flips backwards and performs a flying leap onto the catwalk. Her bodyguards circle the Abyssals and the thunderbird, a bristling wall of blades raised to the inside of the ring. They must not yet have registered their own casualties, however - there are noticeable gaps in the circle where it would be trivially easy to punch through.

Alpha leaps clear and her bodyguards Blockade Movement...badly (only 2 sux). That said, with the mobility penalty from Damnation's armor, she's more than capable of playing keep-away, and she seems to have no intention of actually engaging him in melee. If he wants to attack her, he's going to have to be creative.

Never Within Reach has better things to do than sit around and watch her enemies embarrass themselves. Taking to the air, she flits over and around the piles of boxes, landing gracefully on Bolt's shoulder. Patiently, she waits for her opportunity. Presently, it appears.

Her shot catches the air-aspect cleanly through the shoulder, pinning him to the wall. Expressionless, he reaches to remove it...then begins to spasm and convulse. Her arrow's toxic payload does its work, eating away at the monk's infestation. Staggered by the pain and the purging of his system, he slumps into unconsciousness, the shaft still holding him upright like a meathook.

Never hits for 8L - ouch! His infestation rolls horrendously on its check to resist the cure, and he passes out from system shock. Never regains 8m from Ravening Maw of Archery and 3 more from Hundred Paces Bite on top of a 2-die stunt.

From the stacked crates above, a volley of arrows takes flight, aimed directly at Spark. The phantom images spin and slash at the onslaught, cutting down the bodkins before they can reach their target. A single shaft catches Ceaseless on the wrist, rebounding off of the lobstered Soulsteel with a loud, metallic chime. "Hey!" Bolt squawks angrily.

A second storm looses from the opposite catwalk, this one soaring over Bolt's head in an effort to clip Never's wings. "HEY!!!" the thunderbird calls, louder yet. Corposant dances over his form as the sky above rumbles, then loudly voices his displeasure.

Lightning strike after lightning strike explodes the cheap plaster of the ceiling, caving it in over the heads of the marksmen. The noise echoes mightily in the confined space, concussive waves of sound hammering the archers and hurling them to the floor. By the time he's finished, one squad has lost half its strength; another, three-quarters; a third, crumpled on the ground, whimpering.

Archer squads 3 and 4 take potshots at Spark and Never, respectively. Ceaseless' Defend Other protects Spark, a single shot beating his DV but failing to do damage, while the squad firing at Never rolls abysmally. As per her standing conditional, Flitting Shadow Form triggers twice, dinging her 2m. Bolt takes issue with this and withdraws some more actions from his Principle of Motion bank, blasting the poo poo out of the archer squads. Squad 2 is at 11/20, 3 is at 5/20, and 4 is out of the fight.

Meanwhile, outside

A brilliant flare erupts from within the mob of sailors, a searing flash of alchemical flame exploding outward from the body of the slain officer. At Wyrm's command, her scale rushes the enemy, pinning them and driving them back into the fire. Although they prove strong and disciplined enough to keep from being forced into the blaze, their chain hauberks rapidly overheat, and no small number of them collapse from heatstroke.

Heeding the captain's words, Auling takes aim with his bow. Swiftly, he nocks an arrow and lets fly; having found the range, he rapidly fires two more. With the sailors forced together by the press of the mob, the woodblood's shots skewer them, passing through the front line and cleanly to the second.

Ruling that by default, a bonfire has Carnage 2. Wyrm's group rolls Str+Athletics+Magnitude/Morale bonuses and beats enemy scale 2 by a full 6 sux. Basic success adds 1 to the Carnage value, with every three in excess of the enemy's roll adding another 1 point. Sailors make their Resistance roll to downgrade the damage to Bashing, but 10 of them go down. Auling takes down 5 more with longbow shots.

More than one flame shines in this moonless night. Sesus Rosene leads her detachment to confront the mob savaging their compatriots; snarling like beasts, they whip about to face her. <On my signal,> she instructs in the tribals' native dialect, <set your spears forward and charge the enemy.>

So saying, she leaps into the air, vaulting over half the crowd and running lightly across the heads of the other half, rolling as she hits the ground on the far side of the soldiers. Her daiklaves flicker and blur in her hands, dancing until they flow with her every movement, indistinguishable from her fiery halo. Lunging forward, she drives the points into the guts of one of the madmen, ripping them out to lay into another, then another, blades puncturing lungs and hearts and throats.

<Now!!> she screams, and her warriors surge forward. Distracted by Rose's deadly dance, they find themselves caught unawares as the front ranks of the Smaragdi run them through. Howling, they hack and slice at their aggressors, only for the natives to scatter like dry leaves on the wind, melting away before the blows before flitting back into place.

For reference, all of the attacks made by Rose and her scale are Thrusts. Making judicious use of Falling Star Impact, Fire Dragon Form, and Flicker Flame Stance, as well as the fact that they can be used to buff troops through the Leader keyword, they rip through the sailors. Troops take down 10, while Rose kills an even dozen by herself. Sailors fight back, but with the defensive buffs up there was pretty much no chance of them hitting.

The scale barring the way into the warehouse has now lost nearly half its number. Desperate, cornered, its members fight back, but to little avail. And then, without warning, something in them changes. Suddenly, they move in perfect harmony once more, each man's swing precisely timed with that of his neighbor to pin and cut down the tribals. In under a second, several of Wyrm's men lie dead, and the sailors have formed themselves into a wedge. Slowly, inexorably, they begin to advance, pushing aside her forces where they yield and cutting them down where they do not.

Scale 2 flurries a miscellaneous Restore Command action, then attacks. 8 casualties on the part of Wyrm's forces.

Battle Order posted:

tick 3: Herald (Aiming), Tribal Scale 3 (Slings), Archer Squad 3 (Arrows), Yellow Alpha (Guarding), Firemac (More stabs)
tick 4: Bolt (Catch!, TOKI WO TOMARE!!) Infected Earthmac (Guarding), Auling (Rally!)
tick 6: Jackal (Splat!), Onyx (Firemac incapped!), Never (Bringing Down The Roof), Spark (I Put On My Robe And Wizard Hat), Infected Airmac (BOOM!), Infected Watermac (Stabbing Ceaseless), Sailor Scale 1 (CHAAARGE!), Green Alpha, Tribal Scale 1 (Hold the line!), Tribal Scale 2 (Follow the leader), Archer Squad 1, Archer Squad 2 (Shooting Damnation), Archer Squad 4 (Paralyzed with fear), Infected Firemac, Yellow Alpha (ALL HAIL HYPNOPLANT!), Herald (Whiplash), Spear Dudes (Fail)
tick 7: Ceaseless (Running Interference) | Rose + Attached Unit (Flanking Maneuver), Wyrm (Boom)
tick 8: Tribal Scale 3 (Push, drat you!)
tick 9: Archer Squad 3 (gently caress Wizards), Infected Earthmac (CRUSH), Infected Watermac (glubglubglub) | Sailor Scale 2 (Regroup and Retaliate)
tick 10: Never (Peek-a-boo!), Bolt (Crowd Control), Archer Squad 4 (Pull!) | Auling (Leadership!), Sailor Scale 1 (RAEG)
->tick 11: Onyx, Jackal, Damnation, Herald (affected by TK), Spark (Fail Spell is Fail; gently caress it, we're bullshitting this), Infected Airmac, Yellow Alpha (L a t e r s), Spear Dudes (Fleeing in terror) | Tribal Scale 1, Tribal Scale 2
tick 12: Ceaseless, Archer Squad 2 | Rose + Attached Unit
tick 13: Wyrm + Tribal Scale 3
tick 14: Herald, Infected Earthmac, Infected Watermac | Sailor Scale 1, Sailor Scale 2
tick 15: Archer Squad 3
tick 16: Never, Bolt, Yellow Alpha, Spear Dudes | Auling
tick 17: Spark

Damage posted:

Yellow Alpha: 1L
Archer Squad 2: 11/20, 1 dead, 8 KO'd
Archer Squad 3: 5/20, 15 KO'd
Archer Squad 4: KO'd
Air Mac: 8L, KO'd
Earth Mac: 1L
Water Mac: 1B2L
Alpha Bodyguards: 31/40, 4 dead, 5 KO'd
Tribal Scale 3: 92/100
Sailor Scale 1: 23/50
Sailor Scale 2: 28/50, 12 dead, 10 KO'd

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Blighted Jackal Face Master

"Oh, Bloody HELL!" Jackal cursed as he unelegantly fell at the floor, reeling as the Windblade tumbled and spinned on the Warehouse's floor. His mind was still spinning as he tries to make sense of his surroundings... Until he notices the Immaculate monk completely unscathed and ready to counterattack the Moonshadow's foolish attack. "BLOODY loving HELL!" He yells in an exasperated voice as the disruptive wave of watery doom essence is let loose in his direction...

And everything stops. Tapping inside his inner Exaltation in a desperate moment, Jackal suddenly realizes that the time around him has slowed, and that the deadly sonic blast a few centimeters from him was completely immobile. He calmly sidesteps it, realizing that for that moment, he and The World had become one. Once he gets outside the blast's area of effect, he calmly sees time return to its natural course, and that unsightly swordsman cleaving the wave in half. To be so close to a second death and upstaged by another... This was not becoming of the man who is destined to achieve the top! Has He, Jackal, fallen so low to end on such a shameful situation? The shame and hatred welling inside the Deathknight is unbearable, and he covers his face with his left hand.

"Useless, useless, useless! Is this how I, Jackal, shall end my story? No, the one who pledged to take all of Creation for himself cannot fall to such pitiful existences. BEHOLD, ALL! For it is the time that I, Jackal shall reveal my TRUE power! Not one, not two, not a hundred, not a thousand and not a million men will be enough to stop my rising tide! Their corpses will be the steps that pave my ascendance, as many of them as there are stars in the infinite sky! I, Jackal, pledge that even if the complete death of all that lives is necessary for myself to stand in superiority, it shall be done so! And as for you... The one who dares to try and strike at me... I got my eyes on you."

Jackal slowly removes the palm covering his face. His irises are now glistening as a silvery black complexion. Unbeknown to everyone else, a small amount of the Moonshadow's ocular fluids have been infused with Essence, turning them into pure Soulsteel of the most corrupt kind. Such deathly liquids are then pressurized with incredible force by the muscles and fibers of his eyes, transforming them into deadly projectiles, much like a crossbow bolt, but more focused and lethal. Jackal blinks for a second, and at the microsecond he opens his eyes, the twin jets zooming on the air on an helix pattern as they interwine and join on their trajectory in direction of the Water Immaculate's heart.

"LITTLE MONK! CAN YOU DODGE THE STARE OF THE DEATH THAT IS LIFE?!" He yells while stifling a mad cackle under his own breath. The sweet call of insanity starts ringing on his ears, and the unnatural hunger of the Abyssals gnaws at his stomach. "MWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!"

Spent 8 Motes for activating the Dodge Excellency and a truckload of EXP as well. Activating Eyes like Daggers Glance (4M/1WP), sending a two-shot flurry! Nine and Five Successes.

pre:
Eyebeam: 
Speed 5, Acc 8, 10L, Rate 2, Min Damage 3.

Conditional: 

Health Levels:

0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] 
2 [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]
Willpower: 6/8 Conviction: 3/3 Temperance: 2/2 Compassion: 1/1 Valor: 3/3
Personal Pool: 16/17 Peripheral Pool: 12/38 (3 Committed)

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

She'd incapacitated the battlefield commander, limited their chain of command and established a secure vantage point. The rest were engaging the other generals. Now, Onyx looked to the remaining alpha. Take her down, and the rest would fall. One complication: the infected Woodblood was about 60 yards away, if Onyx went through the maze.

The Day caste does some mental mapping in her head, and grins. "If she went through the maze" was a fundamental trap. She doesn't need to play by their rules at all. She just has to be sure that she's not spotted, and Onyx is very, very good at that. She takes a deep breath, and forces the world to forget her shape. Just another shadow among the shadows, another box in the stack. Exhale, and time slows as space contracts.

Inhale, and the Daughter of Onyx and Silver is off and running. She kicks off a crate, and bounds over a wall in an elegant backflip with a half-twist, close enough to a clueless guard that she can count the moles behind his left ear (three). She hits the ground in a silent tumble, not even a puff of dust indicating where she was as she rises, the soulsteel hook of her weapon lazily gathering speed as she begins spinning it in preparation.

Exhale, and the world bends itself to her whim, guiding the chainklave to the rafters and dragging her up with it, a guided missile of potential violence. At the apex of her leap, Onyx sees the retreating Alpha, changing course ever-so-slightly.

Inhale, and the potential violence of Oblivion suffuses her limbs, the soulsteel chain silently keening with the momentum it is forced to sustain. A moment later she is smoke in the air between the guards, slipping through with laughable ease.

Exhale, and she is still: Castle Captures the King coils gently into her waiting palm, trailing gore from the yellow-clad Alpha as her anima billows out in full totemic glory. She is Death: dark and beautiful and terrible as the Morn, treacherous as the Seas, and stronger than the foundations of the Earth. All shall love her and despair.

Stealth roll to reestablish surprise: 11 sux holy poo poo. Supplementing that with Just Another Branch Deceit (4m), adding 4 autosux from hard cover, and the 2 from Unseen Wisp makes 17 successes the number to beat to notice Onyx. 3m, 1wp on Light-Treading Technique, to add MArts in yards to my Move/Dash actions (plus 1 to my ranged DDV), lets me traverse the 45 straight-line yards to get to the Alpha; 3 sux on the Athletics roll to pull it off.

Flurrying the Dash & Attack, 10m on 1st MA, channeling Temperance to time it just right, for 25 dice on the strike: 14 sux; any post-soak damage is doubled via Death From Nowhere Method (4m). Not bothering to pay the stealth costs, anima billows to Full Totemic after this.

pre:

-1		OO		Lethal	11	Dodge	7 (8 v. ranged)
-4		O 		Hard	2L/2B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

Chain Daiklave
	"Regular"
	Dire Chain
	Clinch
	Short Daiklave

Essence	3 	PersEss: 8/19 	PeriEss: 0/24 (16 committed)

Will 6/10

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Last Damnation of Atlantis - Blasting Off Again!

Damnation watched the yellow alpha attempt to beguile him with her prissy dance, then dance away when he moved in to strike. Hmph. "That is the most ineffective technique I have seen used by any fighter in the past 5 years. You are not even a worthy opponent! I leave you to my comrades." Just as the pirate finishes his tirade against the cowardly plant, he notices a crevasse opening in the ground. Due to his loudmouthed arrogance, he would have fallen it were it not for the sheer energy of his anima. He pokes at the opening with his steel-toed boot, then removes his mask. The Earth Immaculate sees two bright eyes and a wide grin made even more unsettling by the arrow still protruding from his left cheek. They make eye contact, and then the monk's heart skips not one beat, but a good several.

"Impressive!" the pirate shouts from above. "But I trained with Brother Mnemon Carrus, and I dare say he is a trireme's width better with a hammer than you and your piddling earthquake." He spies the Immaculate's large muscles and stocky build. "Boy, you should walk up and hit me in the face with that big motherfucker, not blast me with the earth from a distance like some ninny from the Heptagram!" Damnation stretches his arms wide, his anima still raging, ships crashing into every available surface and splintering and exploding. "If you want to do an indirect attack, though, I'll show you how it's done!"

Without any further warning, the Dread Pirate jumps off the raised platform, flaming cloak billowing outward. Despite any buoyancy provided by it, he almost instantly begins to drop like a rock directly toward the monk's position. As he falls downward, all the crashing ships converge on a single point; That point is the one little Earth Immaculate.

As Damnation strikes the ground, the explosion is positively blinding. Not knowing whether the monk is conscious or not, the pirate puts his arm around him and gestures in the direction of the original crevasse the monk formed with his hammer strike. He yells in his ear, "Look, boy! This is how you do an advanced-level indirect attack!" The energy from the crashing ships, the raw power of the Dusk Caste's anima, was surging through the crack in the ground towards the alpha bodyguards. Finally, the surge of energy detonates; The entire floor is rocked with an earthquake, and a section of it seems to explode, cleanly annihilating several of the alpha bodyguards.

As pollen and orchids rain down on the battlefield, Damnation grabs a large specimen and shows it to the monk. "They were using these to turn you lot into plant zombies. When I stabbed you, I saved your rear end. Don't make me regret it."
Unfurling Iron Lotus for 3m, upgrading attack versus Earthmac for 5m
Unfurling Iron Lotus vs. Alpha Bodyguards: 21d10x7 7
Unfurling Iron Lotus vs. Earthmac: 26d10x7 17

I will take a -2 external penalty on the second roll to please not kill the new Earthmac. The attack versus the alpha bodyguards does double post-soak damage (if it hits, ugh)

pre:
To attack Damnation:
Roll at least 1 success on a reflexive valor roll after the attack is declared or it fails, 
AND take a -1 external penalty: This can be resisted by paying 5 WP.

-4		O 		Hard	11L/11B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

Essence	3 	PersEss: 19/19 	PeriEss: 2/25 (16 committed)

Will 8/10

Soulsteel Grand Daiklave
Parry DV Calculation 

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm - She came in?

The tribal mobs surge forward, grinding down the enemy, driving back the invader into the cleansing embrace of a hungry pyre. Sticks and stones, slings and arrows, smash headlong into the flesh and blood of abominations, guarded by the hands of dragons, driven by the voice of oblivion.

The searing heat of battle and the cold grip of death temper the enemy into a finely crafted killing machine. The rich blend of pain, fear, desperation and rage churning within them sure to drive them to struggle to the last choking, gargled breath. This tenacity in the face of the inevitable, the core absurdity at the very heart of life, is to be expect of such a oh-so-vital foe. One should expect the melee raging on around them.

All strategy requires expectations. Good strategies defy them.

The Tribals pull back from their first assault. They rally around their angel for protection, ready to draw from her the courage needed to press on and drive these monsters from their homes.

There is a natural rhythm to such acts, the ebb and flow of the waves of battle. The crowd gathers, their anger rising, ready to surge forward and sweep away all in its path. The wave breaks early.

A hoof slams down hard on the paving stones, the crowd falls silent. Far from pressing on a brutal charge, Wyrm's horse has turned aside. She looks down from the saddle with idle contempt. The horse lazily struts between the battle lines as she massages another arrow out of her quiver. There is no attempt to hide her disappointment as she inspects these things who, thought to, stand to, fight as her foes. She feels such pitied revulsion as she knocks an arrow. Was this all that Xulan had died for? The genius spawned these celestial pawns? As she draws back the string, hefts her bow to sky, it's drat hard to spot one even worthy to die!

Are there any here on the battlefield tonight, to go up against the wall?

Say, that one by the firelight, will his soul be set free? Will he go against the wall? The stones fall.

Which of you still standing? which who still draws breath? Which of all of these men recieves a clean death?

She soon gets to the point, there's no saving this lot.

There's only one way,

She'll have all of them shot.

Tribals 1&2 - Aim and fire, Wyrm sends a target arrow at their new leader (Roll + Horse - Called Shot) nets 12, Scale 3 - Crush.

pre:
Essence: Personal  9/16, Peripheral  23/23
      Arm 14B 15L 15A |

Target    - Dam 3(5)L P
                Fire      - Acc 9(11), Dam 6(8)L/1L, Range 200, Cause 1L/Action Trauma 1 Fire Hazard (Max 25 Ticks)
                Incindiary- Dam 5(7)B/2L, Range 200, Ammo 11/12, Cause 2L/Action Trauma 2 Fire Hazzard (Max 50 Ticks)

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, Order Amid Chaos (Sometimes it is nice to mix things up)

The Ceaselesses stand calm amid the carnage, their only motion the slow flowing of the circle around Spark. The Midnights are slightly disappointed that no one has attempted to get near the chanting thunderbird, but their goal of protecting him until he can unleash whatever destruction he has in mind has been achieved so far. The other deathknights and their thunderbird allies seem to have the battle well in hand, so the Ceaselesses continue their imitation of an anvil. Perhaps the collapsing roof and walls or the lightning or Damnation's antics will serve as the hammer to crush the enemy upon him. Or maybe another taunt will convince the watery monk to close in?

The rasping chorus slips into a singsong tone entirely at odds with the rough and damaged voice.

"My, my, that was flashy,
we'll have to call you Mr. Splashy.
We regret most sincerely,
that your manly effort merely
left the warehouse in my noggin
slightly sad, damp and soggin'.

Alas, we hear that the rare dame
exposed to your terrible shame," the chorus gestures crotchward, expression making it clear that they expect the Immaculate is too stupid to follow along without their interpretive assistance,
"Feels the same lingering sadness.
But Splashy, descend not to madness!
The cure for your dreadful condition
comes with you imminent dissolution."

It isn't their best work, but improvisation is never as easy as careful composition.

8m for the parry, didn't take any motes back from the stunt in payment for GM accidentally assuming HRC was reflexive.
Sticking with Defend Other on Spark.

pre:

Conditional:
-If attack can be parried and it is known/appears to be really nasty, activate Death-Deflecting Technique.
-If attack can be parried and DV penalty is < -1, activate Elegant Flowing Deflection.

Personal Pool: 11/19 Peripheral Pool: 6/40 (Attuned motes: 29)

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

The Dicebot Is A Harsh Mistress

Damnation's swing barely nicks the earthblood...but a nick is enough. The toxins coating the pirate's blade rapidly flush the symbiote from the man's system, and he crumples in a heap.

So do the bodyguards he scythes through.

They crumple in several heaps. Each.

Herald may not be the brightest lamp in the store, but he can still tell that this is far from over. Walking into the air beyond the reach of the swordsmen, he dangles his chain low and sweeps it in a wide circle, scattering men like dry leaves.

Poison drops Earth 'Mac, and Unfurling Iron Lotus takes down 9 mooks, while Herald KO's another 8.

The ballistic ocular goo takes the water-aspect by surprise, slicing through his shoulder. Taking his opportunity, Spark completes his spell, and multicolored streamers of light erupt from the ground and surge towards the wounded Dragon-Blood...who promptly cuts them into even finer ribbons with his claw bracers.

The thunderbird stares at the enemy, and then shrieks with rage. A halo of indigo lightning throws his countenance into start relief, and a deep and primal terror grips the mortal spearmen. They beat a hasty retreat through the maze of boxes.

The Immaculate looks deeply unimpressed.

With a 1-die stunt, Jackal wings the watermac for 1L. Spark gets some fairly abysmal rolls, missing with his spell entirely. He uses Stoke The Flame to scare off every enemy within earshot, and the non-bodyguard mooks begin to clear out, but the alpha guards and the remaining Immaculate are unaffected. 2-die stunt for Ceaseless, too.

He makes his displeasure known to Jackal.

Now it is the others' turn to be unimpressed.

Waterdeeb unleashes CRASHING WAV-oh wait, with Jackal's 4m expenditure on Dodgex his first attack misses, cancelling the flurry. Nothing to see here, folks.

Making her way along the catwalk, the remaining Alpha finds a suitable spot and kneels down. She takes careful aim with her bow, leveling it directly at the Dusk caste wreaking havoc on the floor below. Green-black energy crackles around her arrowhead - the power of Sextes Jylis made manifest. If this hits, it won't matter how well-armored the brutish Anathema is. It's hard to find a suit proof against the wearer's soul being ripped from his body.

Then Onyx knifes her between the shoulder blades.

The Alpha slumps forward, her bow clattering to the floor as she rolls onto her back and looks up at her attacker. Her hood falls back, revealing a fair woman whose hair, upon closer inspection, appears to be comprised of willow branches. She locks eyes with Onyx and begins to speak.

"How could...how could we not have seen it?"

Before the Day caste's eyes, the woman's skin begins to darken and harden, transforming into thick bark.

"How could we all be so blind? I understand now - we were never meant to leave the island, never meant to survive this fight."

The pale, golden flowers in her 'hair' open wide and begin to bloom.

"Even now, you do his bidding, carry out his will. He has played us all for fools."

Amber pollen clouds the air, drifting in eddies and whorls up to the moonless sky.

"But we do not hate you. We felt you, when you were part of us - your pain, your betrayal. We know what it is to believe in a lie - we have known it twice."

More of the substance floats down to the killing floor.

"Not even your master, who took Mother from us - she sees a world in pain, and believes that the only way to save it is to end it."

Even as Onyx watches, the remaining color drains from the Alpha's face as her flesh turns powdery and begins to blow away in the wind. Below, a tendril of dust wraps around one of the bodyguards, who stands bolt upright as if stricken.

"Such pain, such arrogance will only bring grief - to herself, to the world. Truly, our last gift to her is a kindness. We only hope that you will repay it in kind upon the Master."

Onyx: 6L, 2-die stunt. You guess you killed her? Or she killed herself? Something like that.

Outside

Flitting from corpse to corpse like a burning specter, Sesus Rosene makes short work of the infected. Her eyes dry and her face stony, she dispatches the frenzied sailors with surgical precision. Her own men stand back, watching in both awe and terror as she cuts and stabs and slices and eviscerates and decapitates until her robes are as red from the blood as they are from the dye.

Sweet Jesus, Rose just murdered what was left of Sailor Scale 1 by herself. Someone's gonna need a hug when this is over.

While Wyrm pronounces judgement on the condemned, a billowing cloud of glittering dust, illuminated by the light of the alchemical flame, drifts up through the warehouse roof and down into the mob of sailors. It gathers around three in particular, writhing as if alive and twisting into their mouths, ears, and nostrils. Instinctively, the others gather to protect them.

It avails them little. The cascade of sharpened stones cuts down four more of the infected, and Wyrm's arrow sails lazily through the air in its lethal arc. It plunges towards a tattooed Tya, falls like a falcon in a dive, and -

Without warning, three more arrows rise from the crowd to meet it. They streak past the shaft, missing it by scant millimeters, and fall point-first into the ground at the feet of Wyrm's steed; only the beast's greater fear of its master keeps it from starting.

The captain's own shot continues in its flight and sinks into the Tya's chest...barely an inch. Stunned, the sailor pulls it out and stares.

And then they understand.

Hazy clouds of light erupt from those touched by the pollen, red and orange and gold, dancing with the falling leaves of Fire. Their anima banner shine forth, pillars of light cast into the night sky. Glaring at Wyrm, the newly-Exalted Tya unslings their own bow and nocks an arrow, leveling it at Wyrm. Their companions fan out, moving to the alleys and readying arrows.

As per Wyrm's demand, a firing squad has assembled.

But now it's aimed at her.

Wyrm deals 1L, then OH poo poo three of the enemy just Exalted as new woodbloods! They fail to defend against her shot with Dragonfly Finds Mate, but now you know what the big payoff for Tide's research was. Oh yes, and the one she shot is coordinating an attack against her (9 sux) while the others aim. Note: everyone in the crowd is using target arrows.

Battle Order posted:

tick 7: Ceaseless (Running Interference) | Rose + Attached Unit (Flanking Maneuver), Wyrm (Boom)
tick 9: Archer Squad 3 (gently caress Wizards), Infected Earthmac (CRUSH), Infected Watermac (glubglubglub) | Sailor Scale 2 (Regroup and Retaliate)
tick 10: Never (Peek-a-boo!), Bolt (Crowd Control), Archer Squad 4 (Pull!) | Auling (Leadership!), Sailor Scale 1 (RAEG)
tick 11: Onyx (Ker-shank!), Jackal (Evil Eyes), Damnation (Aggressive Therapy), Herald (affected by TK), Spark (Fail Spell is Fail; gently caress it, we're bullshitting this), Infected Airmac, Yellow Alpha (L a t e r s), Spear Dudes (Fleeing in terror) | Tribal Scale 1 + Tribal Scale 2 (Casting the First Stones)
tick 12: Ceaseless (Defending), Archer Squad 2 (Evacuating) | Rose + Attached Unit (Anger Management)
tick 13: Wyrm + Tribal Scale 3 (Revolucion!)
tick 14: Herald (Flailing Around), Infected Earthmac, Infected Watermac (Failing at Being Kenshiro) | Sailor Scale 1, Sailor Scale 2 (Bracing), New Deeb 1 (Coordinating), New Deeb 2 (Ready), New Deeb 3 (Aim)
tick 15: Archer Squad 3 (Evacuating)
->tick 16: Never, Bolt, Damnation, Onyx, Jackal, Yellow Alpha (Seppuku'd on Tick 12), Bodyguards, Promoted Guard, Spear Dudes (Still fleeing) | Auling, Tribal Scale 1, Tribal Scale 2
tick 17: Ceaseless, Spark, Infected Watermac
tick 18: Rose + Attached Unit
tick 19: Herald | Wyrm + Tribal Scale 3
tick 20: New Deeb 1 + New Deeb 2 + New Deeb 3 + Sailor Squad 2 (Fire!)

Damage posted:

Yellow Alpha: DEAD
Earth Mac: 2L, Incap'd
Water Mac: 1B3L
Alpha Bodyguards: 13/40, 13 dead, 13 KO'd, 1 Promoted
Sailor Scale 1: DEAD
Sailor Scale 2: 21/50, 16 dead, 10 KO'd, 3 Promoted
New Deeb 1: 1L

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 28, 2013

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm - In The Flesh

Xu you clever girl.

Wyrm's arrow had done well to find a worthy target for its mistress.

There's been a drastic change in the state of the battle, calling for equally drastic change in approach and bearing implications bound shape the forward progression of the entire campaign. The moment calls for swift and decisive action.

Yet all Wyrm can do is laugh.

Curled up atop her steed she cackles on and on at this dramatic turn of fate. Her voice rises in intensity until one final joyous shriek slides sidelong into a word, "Enough!"

The horse turns ahead, stomping the arrows which had only just failed to find their mark into splinters. Wyrm plants a hand in Auling's lap and hurls herself off the side of the horse. In the wake of the avalanche of silken folds, he finds himself holding four poisoned arrows.

Wyrm lands with feet crossed in a dancer's pose, her gown casting ghastly shadows as it whips about in the firelight. Smiling brightly, she bows to her executioners. "Good evening, and to each of you a joyous second breath. On this blessed night you inherit a fearsome power and sacred duty of such great scale you may not begin to truly understand your gift until you draw your last. But with each which passes from this moment you take another step along the road to knowing Gaia's will. Even now it has begun. Do you see it? Do you feel it? Does it burn within your lungs? Does is crackle on your skin? It is surging in your heart? Is it racing through your mind?"

Her voice rises again, "Do you begin," takes on an unholy reverb "to understand,"

"Who," She snaps upright,

"you," The bow slips away,

"Face!?" The other foot drops.

She stands open. She stands ready. She invites a swift reply.

Dismount, Coordinate Counterattack. Everybody get ready for the big finale.

pre:
Essence: 2 - Personal  13/16, Peripheral  23/23
      Arm 14B 15L 15A |

Target    - Dam 3(5)L P
                Fire      - Acc 9(11), Dam 6(8)L/1L, Range 200, Cause 1L/Action Trauma 1 Fire Hazard (Max 25 Ticks)
                Incindiary- Dam 5(7)B/2L, Range 200, Ammo 11/12, Cause 2L/Action Trauma 2 Fire Hazzard (Max 50 Ticks)

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 28, 2013

MadcapViking
Jan 6, 2006
Single malt Pork Baron

"We know what it is to believe in a lie - we have known it twice."

As her anima billows out in a cloud of fear and madness, Onyx blinks. Something about the doomed Dragonblood's words... resonates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seven years ago

"Now, Kana: your target should be easy. Fat, middle-aged bureaucrat, lonely, not yet completely paranoid; holds enough power that he can generally get company for a night or two, but no so powerful that he can have anyone to his taste."

"Yes, ma'am." The woman's face was shrouded, blurred. Onyx can't seem to remember what she looked like; the sound of her voice is distorted, echo-y. Like a conversation overheard while underwater.

"Good girl. Keep it up, and your family's debt will be forgiven by season's end."

Three years ago.

"I don't understand. Why can't I go see my brother?"

"Kana, he's in Nexus. You have work to do here. Unless you want the interest capitalized into the debt..."

"No. I understand. Can I at least speak to my father? If he would-"

"Kana. You know the terms of your indenture. You have no family but the Guild, until your family's debt is paid. If you hadn't tipped off that Realm magistrate through your incompetence..."

An auburn-haired young woman, barely out of her teens, grits her teeth in frustration, but says nothing. No matter what she did, the balance never seemed to decrease in any appreciable fashion. Her handlers told her that her father kept borrowing to try to start a successful venture, or her brother's working expenses had been added to the total, or her mother's medical costs had been unexpectedly high. If only she could talk to them, try to make them see what they were doing to her!

Six seasons ago

The inter-Factor powerplay had paid off. Her handlers were set to be elevated to the Directional Board. And Kana was running. The lie had finally come to light: her target had twigged to her, and offered her her family. She hadn't believed him, but then he'd shown her the ledger of her account with the Guild. As an asset, she was immensely profitable. There was no mention of any familial debt: she'd been sold as a child in payment of a debt, true. But the sellers had attempted to renege, and the Guild had made its displeasure known. For years, she had been working to pay a debt owed by a dead family. A debt already paid in full. Kana knew, and she knew what that meant.

So she ran, knowing that they would find her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The flash of memory threatens to overwhelm her, but the sudden golden-green flare of Essence of the newly-exalted Woodblood below her and the sudden sounds of chaos outside keep her in the moment. Time enough to deal with this new information once they finished, here.

The Daughter of Onyx and Silver hurls herself from the catwalk in perfect silence, slipping through time and space to restrain the confused, terrified, unsuspecting soul who had guarded the late Woodblood above. Not his fault he'd stepped into something bigger than he could handle, and they seemed to be amassing a collection.

Onyx likes collections.

As she drops, she uncorks a vial from her belt and empties it onto her weapon. Her speed is such that she falls faster than either the poison or the loose end of the chain daiklave: the liquid flows up the chain to the hook in an instant, coating the weapon in the cure for the infection. An instant later, there is a negative blur as the soulsteel chain drinks the light around it in passing.

"Shhhh... You'll feel better soon. I promise."

Reflexive re-establishment of surprise, thanks to Unseen Wisp (which adds 2 sux for this, for a total of 13), then 7m on 1st Excellency: 20 dice vs. DV 0, 11 sux. Base damage is from the Clinch statbar: 8B/2, Piercing. Assuming clinch hits, autopoison new-'Xalt(pre-cleared it with Thes).

pre:

-1		OO		Lethal	11	Dodge	7 (8 v. ranged)
-4		O 		Hard	2L/2B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

Chain Daiklave
	"Regular"
	Dire Chain
	Clinch
	Short Daiklave

Essence	3 	PersEss: 8/19 	PeriEss: 0/24 (16 committed)

Will 6/10

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Never Within Reach -Just Showing Off
Intro by Bolt:

"Okay," Bolt says, eyeing the back-and-forth on the floor in front of Ceaseless, "I'm cutting this off." In an eyeblink, he swooped over the aggressing waterblood, less flying than flashing to his adversary, and snatched the Exalt in his claws.

The roof exploded in a shower of rock dust and cheap plaster as the thunderbird burst through the ceiling, raining debris on the few fighters remaining below. "Hey, Never!" he cried. "Feel up to some target practice?"

The Day caste’s face was obscured by shadow and the whirling wind of her aura, but through it, he could still see her grin. “Pull!” She called, an arrow rippling into life on her bowstring as she jumped clear of the Thunderbird’s back.

Bolt flipped up and over, releasing the captured Immaculate at the peak of his roll. The Dragonblood was hurled skyward, arms outstretched. Never laughed aloud. It was too easy a shot by far and she would get no satisfaction from such a helpless kill. If it was a game now, she had to make it more interesting. A second arrow, a third, a fourth formed between her fingers. But still it wasn’t enough. As the Immaculate reached the apex of his flight and began to plummet back towards the hard ground she loosed the first shot. It was not aimed directly at him, no that wouldn’t do, but lofted in a great arc.

West.

Massive wing beats, fueled by the audacity of this hunt, pushed her directly above him. She loosed again, this time straight up. The earth would call the arrow back, the extra weight on the tip ensure it fell straight and true….

North.

Two more beats pushed her out and away again, and she whirled. This arrow lofted as well but not nearly so steep an angle. Hurry now, just another second…

East.

She tucked into a dive, roaring past the falling monk, the soulsteel squealing in protest when she unfurled her wings and aimed the final arrow directly up at him. The bowstring gave a final twang.

South.

All the Immaculate saw through the hazy aura was the wide, brutal smile on Never’s face as all four arrows impacted simultaneously.

Crisis'd Withering Feathered Maelstrom for maxiumum showing off.
Flurry'ing 4 shots. 8, 7, 7, 8 sux. (8+4 = 12m.)

quote:

Target: Strength +0L as base damage, Piercing, treat lethal soak of armor as half true value rounded down when damage is applied. Additional: +Antimony Mixture

Health Levels:
0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] [ ]
2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]

Ongoing:

Conditional:

Willpower: 4/8
Personal Pool: 4/17

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Last Damnation of Atlantis - Warehouse

"Oh, hell no." The meaning of the dead alpha's words dawned on Damnation. This entire time, his sword had been cleaning up Cleansing Tide's prototypes and failed experiments. Cynis Xulan, on the boat, was the first prototype and an undeniable link back to Cleansing Tide. The blue alpha was sent out on a patrol with a vulnerable contingent to an important location so it could be slaughtered by Anathema. If Koko'Ino hadn't been taken down, she'd have earned a promotion and be able to report Tide's crimes back to important people in Yu-Shan. If we hadn't come to this warehouse, two more alphas would be on the loose. He was using us to pare down his failed experiments and do his dirty work.

But that wasn't that offensive to Damnation. No, the real trick was that Cleansing Tide was never going to take credit for what happened here. He was going to pin it on us, the 'Anathema.' He, Damnation, was going to be blamed for this filthy research and these conniving plans. "It's not right."

Fortunately, they had one out. Mnemon Carrus knew what he saw, and he was too tough of an old soldier to tell the higher-ups what they wanted to hear. Hopefully he would exonerate them, and Damnation would return the favor by taking the rat-bastard 'Sidereal,' whatever that is, to some hole so deep in the underworld even Mask of Winters would have a hard time finding it.

What the gently caress is a Sidereal?: 6d10x7 2

Damnation doesn't seem to know much about Sidereals other than they are Agents of Fate and he should fight them.

As he muses to himself, bored with the fight, he notices the infected beginning to move to the exit. He repeats himself. "Oh, hell no." Surprisingly fast for someone covered in heavy armor, he dashes towards the door, making a plan to stand it front of it. He would do Tide this last favor. He would be the one to purge his failed experiments, and then his days of carrying out that bastard's business would be over.

Six ticks of Dashing to the exit. Will be at a -2 DV penalty, so 11 (also penalties to hit).
Reflexively raising Lore to 3. Damnation is tired of being a dumb-dumb.

pre:
To attack Damnation:

-4		O 		Hard	11L/11B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

Essence	3 	PersEss: 19/19 	PeriEss: 2/25 (16 committed)

Will 8/10

Soulsteel Grand Daiklave
Parry DV Calculation 

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 1, 2013

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, Just Chillin'

Watching the bulk of the enemy flee in terror and the new development of exaltation transmission, the Ceaselesses frown thoughtfully. "I don't suppose you have the ability to make hordes of the enemy run towards you in terror, do you?" they ask Spark. "That would work a lot better with this multiple me thing I just figured out. Also, I think I'm going to have to get some of that poison after all. It seemed like too much bother, but I fear I must now reconsider."

Sticking with Defend Other on Spark one more time.
pre:

Conditional:

Personal Pool: 15/19 Peripheral Pool: 6/40 (Attuned motes: 29)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jackal grins as he again charges his Soulsteel tears inside his own eye, shooting two more projectiles who zoom even faster than before, zigzagging on the air and spinning against each other before separating a meter away from the immaculate, each one taking a different direction to his right and left as they encircle the Alpha bodyguards at incredible speed, zigzagging at the middle of the mob randomly as the crazed projectiles that they are.

"No survivors! Be glad, small fry, that I, Jackal, am the one who cured your lot of the disease called life. Worry not, I shall arrange for my mat-er, underlings, to arrange some of you to return as zombie servants. Perhaps that will be a more worthy slavery than you lot deserve, Hyaaa hyaa hyaa!" He laughs while heading to the fallen Windblade, hoping to collect it again. To be honest, he felt like this whole thing has been really disappointing until now, and that the fact the Moonshadow barely grazed death was something to be really ashamed of. He, Jackal, should be more than a fool whose only victims are weakling mortals.

Ten and Eight successes on another flurry against the Bodyguards! Gotta economize on those motes...
pre:

Eyebeam: 

Conditional: 

Health Levels:

0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] 
2 [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]
Personal Pool: 16/17 Peripheral Pool: 10/38 (3 Committed)

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Mar 2, 2013

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Nasty Medicine

Green-gold light pours forth from the newly-Exalted soldier on the warehouse's ground floor, ripples of emerald power rolling across the floor in waves, leaving wildflowers sprouting from the cracks left by the earthblood's assault. It takes him but an instant to grasp the significant of his superior's sacrifice, and but an instant more to draw down on the Abyssal slaughtering his comrades.

With Onyx in the same room, two instants is one too many. Her chain slips around his neck; her poisoned blade gently punctures his skin. Presently, he slides to the ground, unconscious.

I forgot - Onyx actually can't stealth at the moment because her anima's flaring. Nevertheless, the clinch hits and the new deeb gets dosed. 2-die stunt.

The rest of the bodyguards turn on the Day caste and close in, swords drawn and ready. Immaculate training encompasses many drills and practices, many tactics for confronting the Anathema.

On the subject of being strafed by eye beams from one riding a Windblade, doctrine says little. Jackal's bolts tear through the soldiers, punching through skulls and exploding torsos and limbs while still carrying enough force to crater the floor and wall behind his targets.

Still reeling slightly from the air-aspect's assault, Herald crooks his chain and spins it beneath him, then falls to the ground, gyrating in place as his weapon sweeps out and clobbers the few left standing.

Bodyguards are dropped, breakdown of KO'd/dead listed below. 1-die stunt for Jackal.

Point of clarification: I am introducing a house rule re: spirit Excellencies, which are normally pretty terrible. Thing is, each Ability is associated with a particular Virtue; in order to keep gods and such from becoming irrelevant mooks at higher levels, I am setting the dice cap at (Essence + Governing Virtue for that Ability).

The water-aspect hangs suspended in the air, buffeted and kept aloft by Bolt's windstorm. Finding their way through to the eye of the cyclone, Never's shots pierce his sides, punching through the armor and passing through watery flesh to bite at the vital warmth within. Eyes wide, he falls limply through the open roof of the building, landing with a tremendous crash of wood atop the maze of crates.

Bolt clinches the water deeb and carries him into the air for Never to skeet-shoot. All told, 12L damage; with the monk's stack of Ox-Bodies, he's still alive. Just. 3-die stunt for Never - everyone have an XP!

Spark's form crackles with green lightning as he shrinks and transforms into his human shape. Unstrapping his war club from his back, he shrugs at Ceaseless. "...don't think there's much left to do over here."

Defend Other proves unneeded, since there's no-one left to defend against.

Damnation runs for the exit, plowing through bodies and boxes alike. This is no cowardly retreat, however; archers and spearmen race him to the door, seeking to reinforce their comrades outside. As the remnants of the two surviving squads of bowmen close on each other, they fall neatly into formation with nary a word spoken.

Pushing himself to the limit, his leg muscles screaming in protest, Damnation reaches the door first. The survivors of the failed ambush fan out to circle around him, arrowheads and spearpoints leveled at the Abyssal.

Your move, brah.

Shoot Straight, You Bastards!

"Do you begin to understand who you face!?"

"A lost soul, wandered far from grace and righteousness. We will send you home." Backlit by the flames and the light from her anima banner, the Tya lets fly with her arrow, and fifteen more follow in turn.

Wyrm doesn't even try to dodge.

Oh no! Could this be the end of our intrepid leader? Tune in next time for the answer, here on Abyssals Double Feature: All My Draculadies & Black Liquid Sorrow!

Battle Order posted:

tick 4: Bolt (Catch!, TOKI YO TOMARE!!) Infected Earthmac (Guarding), Auling (Rally!)
tick 11: Onyx (Ker-shank!), Jackal (Evil Eyes), Damnation (Aggressive Therapy), Herald (affected by TK), Spark (Fail Spell is Fail; gently caress it, we're bullshitting this), Infected Airmac, Yellow Alpha (L a t e r s), Spear Dudes (Fleeing in terror) | Tribal Scale 1 + Tribal Scale 2 (Casting the First Stones)
tick 12: Ceaseless (Defending), Archer Squad 2 (Evacuating) | Rose + Attached Unit (Anger Management)
tick 13: Wyrm + Tribal Scale 3 (Revolucion!)
tick 14: Herald (Flailing Around), Infected Earthmac, Infected Watermac (Failing at Being Kenshiro) | Sailor Scale 1, Sailor Scale 2 (Bracing), New Deeb 1 (Coordinating), New Deeb 2 (Ready), New Deeb 3 (Aim)
tick 15: Archer Squad 3 (Evacuating)
tick 16: Never + Bolt (Target Practice), Damnation (Movin'), Onyx (Ninja Medicine), Jackal (:frogsiren:), Yellow Alpha (Seppuku'd on Tick 12), Bodyguards (Blockade), Promoted Guard, Spear Dudes (Still fleeing) | Auling + Tribal Scale 1 + Tribal Scale 2 (Delaying for Wyrm)
tick 17: Ceaseless (More guarding), Spark (Shapeshifting), Infected Watermac
tick 18: Rose + Attached Unit (Delaying for Wyrm)
tick 19: Herald (Bodyguards KO'd!) | Wyrm + Tribal Scale 3 (Counter-Killpile)
tick 20: New Deeb 1 + New Deeb 2 + New Deeb 3 + Sailor Scale 2 (Fire!)
->tick 21: Jackal, Archer Squad 2 + Archer Squad 3 (Merge)
tick 22: Never, Bolt, Damnation, Onyx, Ceaseless, Spark, Spear Dudes
tick 23:
tick 24: Herald
tick 25: Wyrm + All Allies (Counterstrike?)
tick 26: New Deeb 1, New Deeb 2, New Deeb 3, Sailor Scale 2

Damage posted:

Yellow Alpha: DEAD
Earth Mac: 2L, Incap'd
Water Mac: 1B15L, KO'd and bleeding out
Alpha Bodyguards: Taken Out, 20 dead, 19 KO'd, 1 Promoted
Promoted Bodyguard: KO'd
Wyrm: ???
Sailor Scale 1: DEAD
Sailor Scale 2: 21/50, 16 dead, 10 KO'd, 3 Promoted
New Deeb 1: 1L

Thesaurasaurus fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 3, 2013

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Spawn of the Devouring Wyrm - Is this not what you expected to see?

The flight of barbed projectiles ingore the excessive sweeping trail of the Winter Lady's evening attire, diving directly for the vital substance at the heart of their prey. A few glance off of the armour beneath it, the rest saturate its every crack and seam. The spikes drive fast and deep through every opening, emerging from her back in a grim mirror of her front profile. Yet there is no trace of blood.

7 Personal Motes to Walking Cadaver Grotesquerie to drop the damage to minimum.

Their target thoroughly charted, the arrows of the three new exalts land true - one under each arm, the last through the collar, all converging on her heart. Each point exits wet with just one drop.

3L still got through.

Wyrm feels her blood burn as the sickly sweetness of exotic venoms rushes out in all directions.

She'd always loved to find new flavours.

Some of those were dragon-graced, Wyrm is on the waiting list for a lot of bashing damage.

The barrage is over in the blink of an eye. She hasn't moved an inch.

"If that is who aimed for..." The words hiss from unmoving lips, under the gaze of cold, dead eyes, "You missed."

There is a ghastly noise, twisting of flesh, grinding of metal, cracking of wood and bone. With one burst of force the embedded arrows snap, skewing every which way. Their tips and tails recede, vanishing in the body of their victim.

With one triumphant step forward, the shredded remains of the hunting gown fall away. Soulsteel swallows the gold and yellow of the bonfire and the newborn Dragon-Blooded. Here stands along the White, Black, and Red of the undying armies of the Mighty Winter which heralds the end of days. With a sharp snap of her neck, Wyrm spits a ball of bloody shrapnel on the ground.

She dons her Captain's Hat.

"Sons of Xulan, Toy Soldiers of the Cleansing Tide, look around you," She sweeps her arms across the mob, four hundred starved, beaten, rabid dogs encircling the hand which fed them hope. Their angel of Death. Their Dark Messiah. They look to her.

"Gaze into the Abyss and know what gazes back at you."

With that, she turns her back, "Fire."

Drop it on 'em.

6m to 1st Perform to strike at the sail-scale's morale for 8.

pre:
Essence: 2 - Personal  0/16, Peripheral  23/23, Anima 0/16 (Nope)
Willpower:  5/10      | Val: 4/5 Com 3/3 Con 1/1 Tmp 1/1
      Arm 14B 15L 15A |
Health: -0[X] -1[X|X| ] -2[ | | | ] -4[ ] I[ ]

Target    - Dam 3(5)L P

A_Raving_Loon fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 2, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Never Within Reach -Back to the Streets

After the water-monk cratered back into the warehouse, Never turned her attention to the battle in the street below. It was a slaughter, and Wyrms was at the front, taunting her enemies. All was proper, so she summoned another set of arrows to assist her Captain, quickly coating the tips in the antimony mixture. She had yet to notice Cleansing Tide’s manipulation of the terrestrial exaltations but it even if she had it wouldn’t have changed her actions.

Wyrms was in full control of the battle, and Never knew better than to interrupt her Captain when she was making a point. She still hissed in anger as the woodbloods’ arrows sank into Wyrms. Invited they may have been, but it wouldn’t change the punishment she would mete out. Her arrows hissed with icy cold rage.

“FIRE!” Wyrms yelled.

Finally. Never thought. Her bowstring twanged four times in rapid succession.

Gaining 12m from Ravening Mouth of Archery, gaining 1 WP from stunt.
Flurry 4 shots. (8+4 = 12m): Sux of 11, 7, 6, 12

quote:

Health Levels:
0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] [ ]
2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]

Ongoing:

Conditional:

Willpower: 5/8
Personal Pool: 4/17

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Well that takes care of things." Jackal says as his windblade descends to an almost-ground level, hovering around as he looks for one of the bodyguards that haven't yet died. He picks it up, dusting off any dirt from the poor sod's neck before sinking his teeth in the human's neck, quickly draining all the lifeblood out of his body. "Heee heee, guess it's a good time as ever to start a feast!" Jackal says as his victim starts shriveling into a Husk.

I'm specifically doing that to one of the incapacitated ones, so i dunno if i should roll for it. Stamina is 3, so 3 motes regained there!

pre:

Eyebeam: 

Conditional: 

Health Levels:

0 [ ]
1 [ ] [ ] 
2 [ ] [ ]
4 [ ]
I [ ]
Personal Pool: 16/17 Peripheral Pool: 13/38 (3 Committed)

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 4, 2013

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

"I don't know when
Last Damnation of Atlantis - Blocking the Door

Damnation looks around at the pitiful weapons brandished at him. He waves around his Grand Daiklave in protest, almost bored with what is going on. "Do you see this, Hive? Do you realize I will cut you and all of your weapons in half and lead the bodies I recover, both alive and dead, into battle against you? Do you realize that you are being treated as a weapon, a mere means to an end, by your master? Do you realize that he means to purge most of you and give even the survivors the same treatment?"

The Dread Pirate was no stranger to violence, and, in fact, he loved it, but it had been getting him nowhere so far. Cynis Xulan's death, which he considered to be largely his own triumph, had been revealed to be a total farce, a black comedy where he had been lead to dispose of the greatest danger to Grandmaster Cleansing Tide's undertakings. Koko'Ino was captured through Butterfly's cleverness and guile because his killing her would have done nothing. The alpha he had taken out was just another failed prototype, another thing Cleansing Tide had wanted him to do. He was tired of fights that had no meaning. Tired of the misdirection. Tired of the bullshit. He plants his blade not in any of the hive, but in the ground, looking at them directly.

"If you don't reconsider the pathway you have chosen, you will never get the chance. Cleansing Tide will purge that of you who have any semblance of a soul. He will use the rest of you. For his thousand-year life he will use you as no more than a tool, a weapon, and your appendages will scream and die as they have in the past forever more. You will never be treated with respect, as a living being, as something with desires or cares or motivations worth noting. I understand."

"I understand because he has been using me in the same way. He has tricked me to believe that killing you is in my best interest, that you were my real enemy. He led me to attack Cynis Xulan, making me thing she was my enemy. He is at fault for the death of your mother, your progenitor, your first, and he used me to do it. He is at fault for the countless pieces of you that have been killed, and he is at fault for manipulating me and mine into doing it. I have been used as you have been used! I want no more of it! Are you really willing to continue this exchange of meaningless death and violence out of loyalty to the one who tricked your creator into being murdered?"

Charged with anger and frustration and even sympathy for the hive itself, he takes off his mask and shows it to them, also moving forward into a bit of light to show them his face. "Do you recognize this mask? Do you recognize me? How many times have we run up against each other and how many pieces of you have been cut off, ultimately due to the machinations of the one who gives you orders? How many more times must we do this, Hive? Do you realize that even those of you who he does not order purged will be sent out to continue the same meaningless crusade for his goals, his beliefs, which are not your own?"

Without his mask, without his daiklave, he looks into the eyes of the members of the hive staring him down. "I say that no more pieces of you should be cut off in this pointless exchange. I say that we should stop fighting one another, give eulogies for the fallen, and discuss how to proceed forward so that neither of us are forced into being mindless pawns for the coward who would be king."

Stretching his hands out wide, leaving himself vulnerable Damnation makes his final statement. "Continue the pointless bloodshed if you desire, but I will not be at fault. If you strike me now, every bit of you, every mind, every soul who perishes in battle whose voice is never heard in the Hive again, that sin will be on you, Hive. And, if I and my allies have to kill those of you we could return to your embrace; The Blue and The Green, that sin will be on you as well."

"Because I can no longer allow it to be on me. I shall not bear responsibility for any more than what I have done."

We Are Not So Different, I and Hive: 21d10x7 9

Maxing out 1st Presence for this. 10 motes of personal down the drain, and I willingly made myself vulnerable to attack. Hopefully this was not stupid.

If they do attack, I'll try to seize my Daiklave and activate vengeful riposte versus any attacks aimed at me, but I think I'd still be vulnerable for the attacking tick before I could pull that off.

pre:
To attack Damnation:

-4		O 		Hard	11L/11B			
Incapacitated   OOOO		

Essence	3 	PersEss: 9/19 	PeriEss: 2/25 (16 committed)

Will 8/10

Soulsteel Grand Daiklave
Parry DV Calculation 

MiltonSlavemasta fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

The Waves, Ceaseless and Unending, Devour the Shore, Solving a Simple Problem in Fluid Dynamics

By all appearances, Damnation was in trouble. Having seen the pirate in action previously, however, Ceaseless wasn't worried about Damnation's safety. Instead of assisting the Dusk, the Ceaselesses move towards the injured Water Immaculate. As they move away from Spark, the circling forms merge together once more into a single being. For some reason the rest of the Death Knights want to collect piles of followers. Ceaseless is happy with a single Peleps to mold into his weapon, but if Wyrm wants more potential mutineers on her ship, who is he to argue?

Ceaseless considers the monk in his crater. "Splashy, you people just can't take a joke. There was no need to make the name literal, but you had to do your best." The Midnight crouches down and runs his hand over the monk's torso to find the entry points of all the arrows. "Now the good news is that she didn't use barbed arrows, so we don't need to push them out the other side. The bad news, for you, is that this is going to hurt a lot. Hold still and try not to die."

Ceaseless starts with the arrow embedded in the monk's back. That needs to be first so he can lay the monk flat and kneel on him for the rest of the removal process, just in case he squirms. Whistling cheerfully, the engineer gets to work.

Stopping the bleeding.
pre:

Conditional:

Personal Pool: 15/19 Peripheral Pool: 6/40 (Attuned motes: 29)