Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Pookah posted:

Thank you for confirming something I've long suspected; I can finally give up my quest to find it in darkest Dublin :).

Why not sprout them yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

I felt about them the same way at first but they've definitely grown on me. I like them best when popped in fat with the other tempering spices and used as part of an overall blend of flavors. They add this depth of flavor/spicy quality that can really amp up a mildly flavored/bland base ingredient.

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

I've found that the #1 thing that 99% of people get wrong when they try to make restaurant curry is not adding enough fat. For dishes like butter chicken or korma, you wanna straight-up add enough ghee or oil that you think "is that way, way too much ghee/oil?" before you add it to the pan.

This, for sure. And sugar if it's something with sweetness.

• Locked thread