Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

TheQuietWilds posted:

Hey Dino (and other helpful people in this thread). I'm a somewhat novice cook with very little experience in cooking anything other than average white-people food, usually based around a large hunk of meat. I recently have a new romantic interest who is a vegetarian and likes really spicy food. Like, this girl carries around her own hot sauce in her purse, orders things spicy and then dumps it on. I'd like to be able to cook things for her she would enjoy, but these are two categories that I unfortunately lack pretty much any experience in, so I bought your book (as well as a couple others that came with goon recommendations), and I was wondering if you might be able to suggest a few recipes (either from the book or just off the top of your head) that I might be able to make that fit the bill. If it helps any, she eats a ton of thai food. It would also be somewhat good if you knew any dishes that could be prepared in a way that I could split between really spicy and not-as-spicy, as I'm a total wuss compared to her (at least as far as heat level goes).

Summer rolls (dino calls them winter rolls in his book) are made with rice wrappers that are softened in water. any additional cooking/frying is not needed. You can fill the rolls with whatever you like (extra red chili peppers in hers, I guess) and you can make two dipping sauces, one normal, one extra spicy.
Google around a bit for additional ideas on summer rolls.

Also, I really like Dino's truffel hummus, great for dipping veggies in for example, or to put on a sandwich or a chickpea pancake with grilled veggies on top.

Oh, and you might want to gift her a jar of Lao Gan Ma crispy chilli :-D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread