Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

dino. posted:

@Sch: How did it turn out? When I make dosa, I tend to make coconut chatni. This is my version, which is a spin-off of my mother's version. She used peanuts when she couldn't afford/find Daliya.

1 whole coconut, removed from the shell (save the water too), cut into pieces
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
3 sprigs curry leaves
5 - 8 whole green Thai Bird chiles, stems removed
4 TB daliya (use roasted peanuts if you can't find daliya)
Water
Salt, to taste

In a blender, add the onion, curry leaves, chiles, and coconut (in that order). Add the coconut water. Blend on low until the coconut is chopped up. Have about a cup or two of water at the ready. Increase the speed, and add more water, so that the coconut continues to get finely chopped. Add the daliya, and keep blending. You should end up with a puree of the coconut. It will be delicious.

That sounds amazing dino. Do you think it'd make a good substitute for coconut milk in coconut milk sticky rice? I'm mostly concerned about if it'd match the richness and viscosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread