Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Massive_Idiot
Jun 21, 2007

Receiving data bursts, everything to do with it.
Back when I used to played Garrysmod religiously on a big goon server (GGG), back during highschool, I was clocking enough hours in it that I had spent at least 2 days constantly logged in at times. There was an achievement system mod or something they'd implemented and it told me I'd won the 24 hour achievement twice in a row in one sitting. That's two whole days loving about in the source engine doing whatever the gently caress I was doing at the time. Compound this with the fact that I ran with a group of players dedicated to loving with people in the game mode called "trouble in terrorist town" and that was so many goddamn hours wasted on what amounted to a lovely mod to a sandbox game where everyone in it was just a huge insufferable idiot with mental issues out the rear end. I had a lot of fun trying to break the game mode and just annoy the poo poo out of people but in the end it was a total waste of time.

Also I played Second Life during that time with a lot of the goons who participated in the ill-fated "second life safari" style outings. Lots of virtual 3D dicks and talking sandwich men and anus wrenching self replicating 3d cubes and furries and watching people's irl marriages get broken up via a virtual sandbox game and witty singing drunk brits and... well, makes me kinda sick to remember it actually.

I didn't learn my lesson and kept playing sandbox games until many years later. I'd say sometime in 2010 I finally called it quits on Garrys Mod and all the rest, decided I needed to get away from video games for a long, long time. I've been a lot better off ever since.

Massive_Idiot fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazzi
Sep 18, 2008
My senior year in high school I painted Axel from Kingdom Hearts and drew three characters from Eyeshield 21 (manga) in art class. They were all displayed at the school art show for everyone to see. I also sculpted masks from Bleach, a Heartless, and a tengu, and a 10" tall figurine of Vivi from FF9.

I used to read a lot of fanfiction. I wrote some, but I was terrible at it and eventually stopped trying. Harry Potter, Eyeshield 21, Bleach, Naruto, Linkin Park (that's the one I'm most embarrassed about), and after I watched Doctor Who I read a little bit. Occasionally (like twice a year) I'll have a random urge to read Harry Potter stuff, pretty much Draco/Hermione stories. I don't know why.

When I was a kid I would act out my daydreams by myself, usually outside. My neighbors probably thought I was insane, talking to myself and doing weird poo poo. I tried inventing a language but it turns out I'm not too good at that sort of thing, and half thought witchcraft was real and tried to come up with my own system of casting spells. I ended up creating a written language that is just English with different symbols for the letters, and I still use it when I don't want anyone to know what I'm writing.

In high school I skipped school so many times to play Kingdom Hearts and FF9/10 that I got detention and wasn't allowed to skip without a doctor's note after that. I also declined dating people, mostly because I thought they must be trying to make fun of me, but also because I wanted to play video games.

I have the Deathly Hallows symbol tattooed on my ankle. That's totally awesome, though. I (and my sister) got it hours before we went to the midnight showing.

After reading the first two Eragon books in high school, I was really interested in the whole idea and wanted to write my own fantasy book. Since I suck at actually writing stories, I just wrote this huge summary of everything that happened and some of the cultural history of the planet. I spent the next couple months drawing the characters and imagining the situations they got into. I still remember a lot of it, but most of it is extremely stupid. I even had an elderly sage character with a weird name.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I have a Dalaran University t-shirt. I only wear it in public sometimes, and never to school... I'm a computer major and a girl and I had a bad, awkward, ill advised experience on the part of the dude who tried to talk to me. He stuttered a lot and had an extremely greasy head.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
You are all looking at the former senior president of my highschool's Science Fiction and Fantasy Club. Wherein we all talked about various semi-awful novels, manga, tv shows, and anime, and played D&D, Pallidium, various White Wolf, and fan-made homebrew table top RPGs for hours after school.

Why yes, we did buy gallons of the cheapest heavily dyed pure sugar drinks we could find, with bags and bags of cheetos, why do you ask?

Why yes, my WoW playtime did go so long that "days", much less "hours" is no longer an effective measurement.

What's that, raid Black Temple for literally 12 hours straight until ~6am when I have to leave for school, then sleep for like 4 periods consecutively so soundly that not even the teacher woke me up to leave when the bell rang? Yeah I did that. :nyoron:

Excuse me while I study obscure D&D splat books in-class building my next heavily munckined power-character, in between catching all of the pokemon, again, on the multiple gameboys I owned so that I could have different colors, trade with myself, and keep playing if one got confiscated.

(this one time there were like 3 people in The Underground DS pokemon WIFI network at my school, and I didn't know who they were and I was so psyched.)

(also we regularly used the school-wide computer network to host multi-class room WC3 and SC:brood war LAN games on the shady.)

Notbuckethead
Jan 27, 2009

Quack.:smug:
I've punched multiple holes in walls/desks from moba rage.

And that's been in the past 4 years :negative:

asciidic
Aug 19, 2005

lord of the valves

Jesus Christ I hope this is the last thing I remember.

My friends and I used gamer lingo in regular, serious conversation, and not just with each other or other gamers. Saying "owned" and berating those who pronounced it "poned," calling people CAL-O/OGL scrubs, "leetsauce," "geegee," using "sixpool" to mean "assemble and quickly travel to the destination as a group," "zerg," "nub," "CAL-I AS gently caress!" etc.

gently caress you, thread. :suicide:

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Notbuckethead posted:

I recall one time we booted someone from a raid for a second-stringer when he wiped us, and we could here him hulk rage out over VOIP and he broke his window.

So I think that is worse than you maybe? Just know you have company, you feeder noob. *pat*

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
I used to wear a trenchcoat every day in high school, but luckily once I got to college I realized that was sorta dumb. I still have a trenchcoat but I only wear it when it rains. Over the summer I was too busy building a computer and installing linux on it to skype with my girlfriend, which she wasn't too happy about.

My friends are way worse than me though.

One of my friends is able to (or at least had been) recite all of Monty Python and the Holy Grail from memory, including the choreography. As of 2005 he was able to do the whole movie except for the choreography of the fight with the black knight. Recently he told me he's inventing a language for an imaginary race, and a backstory to go along with them, much like Tolkein. He already said he's planning on spending years developing it.

One of my roommates freshman year of college has dating issues. He was interested in this one girl, until he dropped a reference to the Scott Pilgrim comics (not even the movie, but the comics), and when she didn't immediately go "Oh my goodness that's from Scott Pilgrim OMGOMGOMG!" he literally just stopped talking to her. Last year he had a girlfriend but she apparently dumped him because he was too busy playing dota to ever spend time with her.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
The thing that would make me happiest in the world right now is an ios copy of Pokemon Red/Blue.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

omnibobb posted:

The thing that would make me happiest in the world right now is an ios copy of Pokemon Red/Blue.

edit: I think you're talking about iPhones or something, so disregard this.

Notbuckethead
Jan 27, 2009

Quack.:smug:

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

I recall one time we booted someone from a raid for a second-stringer when he wiped us, and we could here him hulk rage out over VOIP and he broke his window.

So I think that is worse than you maybe? Just know you have company, you feeder noob. *pat*

I stopped playing with pugs within the first few games of dota, never again. I believe the rage smashes were from embarrassing ambush wipes with my pre-made team. One of my friends went through several keyboards throughout our extended dota campaign.

mobas and rage go hand in hand.

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
I broke up with my first boyfriend so I could spend more time playing EverQuest. The Plane of Hate wasn't going to raid itself, y'now.

I STILL play D&D, and am up shortly to DM a Star Trek game. It will be set in the aftermath of DS9, and I have pages and pages of hand-written notes already made up for a game that may occur in perhaps six months.

In fact, to edit in some ultra-sperg, I developed my own pen-and-paper RP thing when I was 13 or 14. It was all based around this huge, complicated interlocking system of environment-based magic which was itself linked to the various races and subraces designed for the universe. Everyone, to some degree, had some small amount of magical power, which either canceled out or was susceptible to another sort of power and it was all horribly complicated and wound up as huge tables of useless information. As I loved the idea of the players being able to create the world, the magic powers all had some sort of environmental effect that allowed the user to shape the landscape, expand their zone of influence and build their own base of power. I thought it was the most brilliant thing in the world at the time because it was FANTASY without having ELVES and DWARVES and stuff and there was MAGIC without relying on the traditional elements. Of COURSE I exhaustively wrote pages worth of backstory and produced gobs of poorly-proportioned scribbly drawings of fauns and see-through elves. And, of course, NO ONE MUST SEE IT EVER IT ISN'T DONE.

Whenever I sit myself down for a marathon session of TV sci-fi, I have a papercraft model on the go to give my hands something to do while my eyes are otherwise busy. When they are done, I tape them on my bedroom wall. I have one wall dedicated to animals, insects and plants with the hope of creating a large nature scene; the opposing wall is all spaceships shooting at each other in a massive space battle. I'm currently working on a Puddle Jumper from Stargate Atlantis. While I watch Stargate Atlantis and squee over how awesome Rodney McKay is.

Umbilical Lotus fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 15, 2012

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Shit, really? They don't?! :,(
I could fill this thread by myself.

Most recently I spent half an hour constructing an elaborate set up involving an oscillating fan, my jeweled hairclip, a rubberband and my Nintendo wallet leaned up against a lamp .. to level my Borderlands 2 character while I went out to play Battlefield 3 at my friends' house.

My last relationship suffered in part because when my boyfriend wanted to watch a movie together, I explained that I just got Skyrim and he would have to wait. I didn't even notice when he left for four hours.

And when I was floor supervisor in a large resort, I would frequently take off shifts (and give any employees who played WoW those shifts off too) to raid on WoW. We would all bring our laptops & if they had to give 5 people off due to being slow, I would nominate myself and then choose 5 people who wanted to raid, then we'd all run to the staff room and play at the same table.

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

Back in 2000, the pokemon tcg was a thing, and my sister and her husband were really into it. We started playing at a league hosted by the local toys r us and were stomping the poor kids who would build a deck with their favorite pokemon and like, no energy or something. Eventually a few other nerdy parents, myself and my sister ended up running the league ourselves and having a blast.

Dude, I ran one of these leagues! It was my first job, actually. I got $20 a day to be a "Gym Leader" to a group full of 10-15 acne covered nerds just trying to find their way. It was the best first job a kid could have. I loved them and that league so much.

PS: Loving all the nerdiness. I guarantee a bunch of us frequented the same nerdy message boards back in the day.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Sex Robot posted:

• I play Warmachine

Hey there Warmachine buddy! :respek:

Hey, it's not 40K. :shrug:

zagron
May 10, 2012

ellbent posted:

My linkshell (guild) party members had to continuously play the high, shrill, gym teacher whistle noise to wake me

I think this was definitely <call>s true purpose. After playing FFXIV i really missed using it to wake people up...

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Aintain posted:

I could fill this thread by myself.

Most recently I spent half an hour constructing an elaborate set up involving an oscillating fan, my jeweled hairclip, a rubberband and my Nintendo wallet leaned up against a lamp .. to level my Borderlands 2 character while I went out to play Battlefield 3 at my friends' house.

Wait, wait what? How?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Giggily posted:

pretended that we were goddamn power rangers.

Oh god, my friends and I did this as well. My friends Anthony and Jordan even argued over who would be the black ranger because they were both black. I was the red ranger, of course.

We also wore santa hats and pretended to be elves at Christmas time. Ugh, the memories.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I drew furry art in middle/high school. Although thank loving GOD, I never got caught up in any of the weird furry community poo poo. I just thought I was drawing cool animal people like in Redwall. :(

Nowadays, I roleplay a sylvari in Guild Wars 2. I am doing so right now.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

klosterdev posted:

Any Goon who remembers Cybernations might recognize this. I managed the internal affairs of an alliance on a text-based MMO. (LUEnited Nations) The alliance had more than 600 people. I implemented a banking system, created a layer of middle management to reduce bottlenecking between the people on top and everyone else as the alliance continued to grow, and turned the internal workings of the alliance into a well-oiled machine.

In hindsight it still boggles my mind that I was managing the affairs of 600 IRL people. Too bad I can't put something like that on my resume.

Same for me. I led NPO which at the time was above 1,000 members. I really do wish I could put it on my resume.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Necros posted:

I wasn't a powertripping dickhead. I had a lot of friends there and I was representing the guys who made the game so I tried not to be a jerk. I probably actually ended up unbanning more people than I banned after GameSpy's lovely forum software ended up randomly banning a ton of users for no reason. Being a moderator on a high traffic forum is like having all the responsibility of a part time job with no paycheck. I imagine the mods here can get pretty burnt out. There's at least twice the traffic here and almost every thread ends up with some kind of poo poo flinging.

I concur. I was a moderator on the Bungie.net forums (still sorta am) and really tried to be as lenient as possible with the regular members. It wasn't so bad but I noticed that I was continuing to age yet the average age of the users was staying constant. After devoting hundreds of hours to both the forums and the games they made I finally decided to search for a new outlet I could waste my time on.

As a kid I would dress up as some nameless redshirt from Star Trek for Halloween every year. I want to say I had a toy phaser at one point but I can't be sure.

In middle school I would come to school early and stay late for the sole purpose of playing Escape Velocity on the school computers. After high school I had a sudden urge to go back and play it and found out there were two more games in the series. I spent an entire summer playing the third iteration of the game.

nuts_rice
Sep 6, 2010

Ohhh Yog Soggoth, be my teenage dream boat ;)
I gave up a date that would most defiantly lead to sex to study data structure design. And then rewarded my long hours of studying/not getting laid with reading horrible noir fiction.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
I was so super introverted(and realized it) that i used to make my own paths that were the least likely to see any people then travel them. EDIT: I did this before i realized i was really introverted and looking back its so loving obvious now.

I've since noticed the pattern and fixed it by working in a restaurant and now I am the epicenter for all activities, unfortunately it's lead to a bad drinking habit so now i have something new to work on lol

And working in a restaurant lead to many different sexual partners(not trying to brag or anything) just opened me up socially.

6-year plan man fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Nov 15, 2012

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Oh one more. I used to wear one of the SA shirts with the grenade on it and "The Internet Makes You Stupid" on the back. To work. Running a 105lb jackhammer. Repairing overpasses and bridges on major state highways. Shamelessly. My only regret is the chemicals in the concrete ruined my shirt. :(

Jenalia
May 16, 2005
what
I went out with a guy because he had a huge videogame collection. I asked him out, and I think he was just too shy to say no. He'd sit there quietly and watch me play Earthbound.

I was super hipster girl in highschool and would try to colour my wardrobe based on my favourite videogame characters. It's what got me into fashion and is still something I do. My favourite was orange pants, yellow shirt, and red scarf. I even dyed the sleeves orange. Samus Aran

I like reading Twilight and various fanfics but pretend to hate it :(

I've never played D&D but have always secretly wanted to after reading stories people have written about their characters. I came really close to it freshman year but ended up having to cancel at the last minute to finish a paper. I felt awful for a week.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Made one of my first close female friends in 9th grade, and she invited me to go Christmas shopping with her, just the 2 of us (Totally not a date, of course not, why would she date someone like me? We're just friends, clearly). The conversation turned to her secret crush at which point she started playing coy and refusing to tell me, but allowed me to ask questions for hints and told me to try and guess who it was.

Ethnicity? Asian (like me)
Age? Same as her (and me)
What classes did she have with him? Oh, all the same as I did with her
What sort of stuff did he like? Video games and whatnot (like me)
How tall was he? "Oh about your height"
At this point I still couldn't figure out who it was, as I was absolutely convinced that there was no way she was interested in me, and continued guessing every asian guy in our grade to her increasing frustration. Eventually at the end of our day out (which had still gone well otherwise), she finally told me I was an idiot (she said this in a joking manner, though she was absolutely correct) and said it was me. At which point I asked her if she was sure :suicide:

We ended up going out and she helped bring me out of my awkward, spergy shell to become much more normal, so at least this story has a happy ending :unsmith:

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
I used to run a DBZ website on AngelFire with a fire background.

I cried once because we didn't have internet for three days straight.

I had obnoxiously loud Xbox vs PS2 arguments with my bros in the high school cafeteria. When I noticed that a girl I liked could most definitely hear the retarded fights we were having, I promptly quit partaking in those conversations forever.

I spilled soda on the family computer and my dad wanted me to clean it up but I was busy playing Command and Conquer: Renegade with a friend and refused. He was frustrated with me and started cleaning the keyboard and mashing the buttons and I went into a complete loving rage like you would not believe. My dad had a look of fear in his eyes that I still remember. I feel bad for being such a lovely kid that night, it was totally uncalled for and I feel like apologizing about it right now.

Man being a teenager is hard.

electricsugar
Jan 21, 2008

Tum again?
As a teenager I was so into playing scouts_knivez in CS 1.6 that I actually drew a dot on my CRT monitor with a permanent marker so I could noscope without the crosshairs.

I also met my first ever girlfriend off of ICQ :smith:

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I co-founded and co-ran a MET Vampire the Masquerade game for 4 years.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This thread has made me realize I'm still a nerd in a lot of ways. :psyduck:

- Logged 600+ hours into Disgaea, +500 into Tales games and +300 into Elder Scrolls.
- Had a AA booth at at anime con. (It paid for my whole trip!)
- Would research serial killers, poisons and war atrocities on my own time. (My, but my cache must be fun!)
- Was obsessed with Invader Zim during its run. I had shirts, toys, a framed poster and my sister made me a cel-shaded Zim cake for my fourteenth birthday.
- Amassed a collection of some 500 volumes of manga.
- Skipped prom to have a sleepover, eat pizza and watch Trigun all night.
- Would tell people in high school I was into J-pop so they wouldn't judge my tastes with something they actually knew about.
- Would get pissed when my boyfriend would call me because I was coloring something on the computer. (I... I still do this.)
- I have cosplayed.
- Encouraged an ex to sleep with another girl while we were still dating. I figured he'd appreciate how not clingy I was. :downs:
- My first kiss was accidental. I was talking with a friend in the hall at school and some guy grabbed me around the waist, kissed me, apologized and promptly walked away. No clue who that fucker was.
- Had a billionaire account on Gaia.
- I learned how to operate DOS between the ages of 5-7. Dad taught me.
- Play stupid when it's immensely obvious someone's interested in me. Intimacy continues to make me uncomfortable and I still do this.
- Analyze horror movies to an obscene extent. This is another one I still tend to do, but the only person who ever cares enough to engage me is my sister.
- Wrote algorithms to determine all possible outcomes of a mini game in a MMO.
- Have met people from my MMO guild in person.
- Dated someone to watch him play survival horror games. I love watching people play them, but it scares the poo poo out of me to do it myself. I scream while playing Pac-Man. Oh,
- Screams while playing Pac-Man.
- Created a huge-rear end fantasy world as a means of dealing with depression.
- Have purchased numerous articles of clothing with cat ears on them.

To my credit, I have never written any fan fiction. It's not much against such a terrible list, but it's a point of pride in the mess that is me.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
When I was 11 I would take the CTA (public transit) bus home from school, and usually listen to music on this horrible tape recorder I had "borrowed" from my mother's office. One day, while listening to Pink Floyd (at low volume because no headphones), this girl from a Catholic school was doing her homework, and I decided that with her stupid uniform and her stupid braids and her stupid books she obviously just loving LOVED school and this just COULD NOT STAND, so I played the "We don't need no education" bit over and over and over again while staring daggers at her, feeling righteous in my bit of rebellion against THE MAN as embodied before me.

When I was 8 or 9 and we were going over Greek myths I insisted that everyone call me Eris because I liked the idea of being the goddess of strife. If people didn't get it I would just roll my eyes at them and call them names - names pulled from a loving thesaurus because I wanted to come up with better things to call people than just dumb.

We had an original Apple ][ and my dad wanted me to learn to program on it, and at some point we wound up getting a modem etc. I spent a year writing my own BBS software complete with message boards and chat features and stuff like that (really badly implemented, but they were there) and then set about populating it with various people and messages so that when real users would connect they would have something to read and think it was popular. Nobody but my dad ever logged into it.

When asked about my hobbies on a date once, I launched into an excruciatingly detailed explanation of what multi-boxing is and how it works in various MMOs. After about 5 minutes of my rambling my date said he had no idea what the gently caress I was on about, but I seemed passionate so he let me roll with it.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I've put a least 1,000 hours into Demon's Souls and Dark Souls combined.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
I was obsessed with computer games as child, in particular adventure games. I took my cassette tape boom box and set it up next to my computer then used it to record the pc-speaker soundtrack of Space Quest onto a tape so I could listen to it on my walkman when I was not at home.

In my defense, I was only about eight or nine at the time but I'm kinda glad I grew out of that level of gaming obsession.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I just counted the days /played on all my WoW characters. 450 days, well above one year. I don't regret it

In my defense, I've been botting at least half the time and I've played since release.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

IronClaymore posted:

Midnight? Really? I stayed up until dawn running Karazhan in WoW, not for progression,

The first time I played Alterac Valley (back when it was good and battles lasted hours) I played through till dawn. "Where's that light coming fr- oh, poo poo"

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sperg Some More posted:

I turned down dates in high school so I can go home and play video games.
There were a number of times in school where I turned down a date because I had no idea what I would actually do on them.

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
I am in a movie called Nerdcore Rising made by MC Frontalot. I say the magically line "Nerdcore is the soundtrack to my life!", and it was true :negative:

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
Put this on a t-shirt the day after it was posted on that star trek photoshop thread:

And it got me noticed by a girl. Two year and a half later, it's still our little nerdy secret.

Beef fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 15, 2012

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Notbuckethead posted:

Is this you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtj5y6TdrIY

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

This is all from Junior High when I was Queen of the Spergs. 

-Drew a poo poo ton of nintendo fanart during classes
-had a (mercifully short) anime phase in junior high
-my first ever boyfriend was subjected to 'drawing' sessions in which I'd usually do more video game fanart. To be fair he was gross and weird and I was instinctively unattracted to him
-was obsessed with the P.F Magic Petz series before Ubisoft transformed it into a Nintendogs ripoff. I combed the internet for hours collecting pets who's appearance had been hacked into various obscure dog and cat breeds or even random wild animals like moose.
-obsessed with pokemon. In art class I did sculptures of my favorites like Houndoom
-I also did Neopets fanart and fan sculptures
- had a massive collection of pokemon cards. All of the holograms got their own little card plastic seal case thing, a habit which I am so thankful for today. You wouldn't believe the price of a 1st edition Charizard on eBay right now!  I'm going to cash that poo poo in so hard :woop:
-on that note, I had a ridiculous ton of the toys too. Every allowance would be spent on a single toy and I'd ask for nothing else for Christmas. All of it to give my action figure a "pokemon ranch" to raise them in long  before the games existed. Wonder if those are worth something now...?
-Wrote fanfiction involving cartoons. Then I got into crossovers, but the only crossovers I ever did involved Beavis and Butthead wandering around in other character's universes and talking about how much "this sucks". Because it was funny.
-hosted a massive cartoon fansite with fanart, in depth personality analysis of even the most minor characters, fanfiction, a massive loving screenshot archive (line were among the first taken for this particular show, so I bet they're still scattered online somewhere). Generally way too many loving words about a cartoon show. At least it wasn't an Anime. 

Then in high school I got laid and magically transformed into a normal person. As you do. Actually I can't say that honestly because I still play MMOs (MoP/Gw2). Cool kid card revoked. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
I had no idea so many goons wrote fanfiction :tinfoil:

• Locked thread