Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

GORDON posted:

I once turned down sex with an attractive woman because I was in the middle of my first run-through of my new Babylon 5 DVDs. Driving to her place would have meant having to take a shower and driving 20 minutes. I was in the middle of season 4.

Well, it was the 4th season of B5. Your decision was justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Guildencrantz posted:

Man, the people saying "I used to play pen and paper RPGs" here get me down. It's not that terrible, you guys :smith:

Hell, I still would if I had the time. And if I knew any quality players who also had the time. But myself and most of my good gaming buddies are all kind of busy with young children these days (I've seen each of them maybe once in the last year); I guess maybe we'll pick up the thread in, oh, ten or twenty years.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

Dawncloack posted:

In my defence, I've never played a mmorpg.

Man, my one saving grace was that I quit MUDs, cold turkey, after my first year of college. Those things cost more than one of my classmates their academic career, no poo poo. It's been twenty years and I have not touched any form of MMORPG since then. Wait, no, that's only about 99.7% true, I've briefly played Kingdom of Loathing.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

hailthefish posted:

I did this in front of my dad once. As all dads do with terrible unfunny things, he ran with it. :negative:

Oh man, that's one of the things I look the most forward to when my own kids grow bigger. I've got plenty of natural talent for running dorky jokes that nobody else finds funny into the ground.

• Locked thread