Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Suzuran posted:

I am working on an exceedingly detailed simulation of the Apollo spacecraft, using the original software, checklists, and procedures. I even talked with two of the surviving Saturn software developers on the phone today in an attempt to chase down the Saturn flight software.

This is amazing. Are you going to post it in the Spaceflight thread when you're done?

To contribute, I was another one of those kids who tried to teach themselves Elvish. I think I was trying to learn Sindarin, though. My best friend in middle school and I made up our own (dumb) LotR inspired names and called each other by them all the time and spent ages on this forum we were both mods of sperging about Tolkien with other horrible nerds. We also spent weeks running around in stupid costumes speaking in atrocious British accents for a video book report (on LotR, of course) in like 8th grade.

I still reread the books from time to time and occasionally play Lord of the Rings Online, though, so really not much has changed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread