Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I was wearing a "Look busy Lord Vader is coming" T-shirt while picking up groceries one day and this tubby ginger turbo-nerd teller with a Hipster mustache goes "Ho fellow traveler I must ask you the perennial question, who would win in a space battle star ears or star trek?"

I just kind of sat there staring at him till he bagged my groceries.

So I have a Darth Vader T-shirt. Also a Punisher T-shirt.

I used to dress up for renaissance fairs in my 20's so I guess there is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

When I was 15 I managed to get this attractive girl into my room, sitting on my bed, without once thinking I had a chance to bed her. (Hope that doesn't sound creepy, I defiantly had a shot) I spent a few minutes showing off my computer and gundam model collection, than left.

Hindsight me will never forgive teenage me.

You. You are the guy and I love you for being him. Thank you for this.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

thehoodie posted:

How is this even possible? What game was it?

Idle time racked up a fair bit of hours... I hope. When I was playing Eve I generally got logged out by downtime. I'd log in, do some stuff, then go watch movies, go out to dinner, go to the family BBQ and immediately pass out when I got home. Total time played for that day: 16 hours. Total time actually played: 30 minutes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I watched Anime when I was a teenager. Fortunately I never went into "LIVING" anime like one of my friends did. The last I checked on Facebook he was still posting pictures of himself as an anime, going to Sarucon or whatever it is called, and has been working at Target for the last 10 years as a stocker or something.

I'd have put a loving bullet in my mouth by now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

NotAnArtist posted:

[quote="Winter is Cuming" post="414979888"]

[Quote]

I own and wear this exact hat. Long before the days of me posting on the internet, I would wear fedoras by quiksilver because I thought the patterns were cool. I stopped wearing them and switched to a porkpie because I am 6'8 and and do not need the extra height, or the association with bronies and mra nutbags.

If you aren't 50+ years old stop wearing any of this poo poo.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Huh a fight where even if you win, you are still a loser.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I kept all my nerd hobbies to myself in highschool. They bloomed in college.

EDIT: I see how ubiquitous the internet is now to the teenage crowd and it annoys me. I had dial up through most of college, only getting broadband for the last two years of it.

This may actually be a good thing because if wookiepedia/memory alpha and wikipedia existed when I was a teenager I'd have disappeared into them even more than I do already.

Apple Jax posted:

I seriously wish I could find that site again.

Last time I checked my old Ultima Online website still existed. No new visitors according to the counter :smith:

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 7, 2013

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

HipGnosis posted:

I used to read books to get guys to like me. I'd ask them what their favorite books was, read it, and then try to corner them into conversations about it. I was president of the book club, you see.

But I discovered my favorite book, Gould's Book of Fish by Richard Flanagan that way.

All the nerdy girl stories here are new and interesting to me. All I got was religious fundamentalist girls. Hooray bible belt!

I'll never forget 18 years old after making out with my girlfriend her looking at me in the most deadpan expression and asking "Have you found jesus in your heart?". I just kinda sat there stunned because I knew if I said ANYTHING it would get me in trouble. If only they had asked about Luke Skywalker :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Datasmurf posted:

So did I. And I still do it if I can get away with it (usually at home or with friends who know me for who I am and who I don't need to impress). I just can't give up my love for them. Though, I'm a chubby dude. No idea what I weigh, but the last time I got on a weight (9 years ago, to see if I was fit for the army, I wasn't, but that's a whole other E/N thread) I was about 105 kg.

You can never get away with it. Throw them all away and get some nice button ups. You'll thank me for this advice.

• Locked thread