Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I used to wear a fedora. :ughh:

EDIT: AND a trenchcoat. Goddamnit me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I once traced and recolored a frame of animation from Korra the last airbender to depict someone's D&D character.

You're mixing up the series! Korra was not the last Airbender. :goonsay:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

More recently, about two years ago I taught myself symbolic logic in order to create a mathematically-sound theory of comics and sequential art. :spergin:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Death by Cranes posted:

Yeah, I have the same feeling - normal problem I would say. But I can't help but marvel and be disgusted with all the manga fetishes. What the gently caress goons?

Some manga are really cool and fun to read stories? I dunno, why do people have long boxes full of comic books?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dungeon Ecology posted:

I take it you have read this?

I read the poo poo out of that book. In fact, that's the reason why I started. I wanted to extend it and prove it.

quote:

The sexiest superheroine. I see she's rocking the 90s era Rob Liefeldian glowy eyes too.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 14, 2012

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Das Boo posted:

- Amassed a collection of some 500 volumes of manga.

:psyduck:

Okay, I know that I am on record in this thread of having defended people collecting manga, but that is way too much drat manga. Jesus dude. Were you collecting every single volume of Bleach, Naruto and One Piece? At like $7-10 a volume that's gotta be at least $5000 if you include tax.

Though if you get 'em used or as free donations, it can be pretty super cheap. I once volunteered at a library used book store and lucked into getting 26 volumes of Hunter X Hunter for free. :smug:

EDIT: Contribution -- I used to pretend I was a robot sometimes, even up till the age of like 13-14. Back then I would even dream of digitizing my brain someday and living forever as a perfect, logical machine.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 15, 2012

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Das Boo posted:

I have pretty much the entire Naoki Urusawa collection, if that helps to explain anything. And I still like his stuff. :v:

Good taste! 20th Century Boys and Monster were amazing, and Viz did a great job with the translations and the nice paper they printed them on. Consider my aghast :psyduck: officially rescinded.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

dud root posted:

Just had my house painted, and the conversation I had with the painter was pure essence of :sperg: on my behalf. I was annoyed at how expensive it was to just slap some paint on the walls, but my wife insisted so I just had to deal with it.

Still pissed about the lack of painting spider-bots.

You seriously did that??! What is wrong with you?? Weren't you thinking about how incredibly awkward you were making that poor guy? Gosh.

Though, dude, I bet that painter is writing about you on a forum for painters right now, saying to his online painter friends: "Man, so I was painting this one guy's house today..." You have become That One Guy.

Haha, nah it's okay. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Lance Streetman posted:

I used to read TV Tropes all the time.

Man, gently caress that place, seriously. You think reading it was spergy? I used to Edit TVTropes and get into tons of spergy arguments with the tropers on how it was slowly degenerating into some kind of pedophile/Japanophile-filled trainwreck. I didn't realize at the time that it mostly already was by the time I got there. I'd get into such huge fights over renaming articles to something less loving :tvtropes: that I'd eventually got banned.

Fled right here to SA. Never looked back. Now I'm kind of ashamed I ever had anything to do with that site.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 22, 2012

• Locked thread