Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

Giblet Plus! posted:

I also attended a LAN party with my friends in place of senior prom.

LAN parties are more fun than proms. :colbert:

I was active in Cybernations for a few years before the game started getting a little old. I thought I was hot poo poo for having a high post count in the forums, even though the vast majority of those were in the "spam and games" section. I started a couple of small alliances, but they usually ended in dismal failure. My country wasn't even all that great.

I'm especially ashamed when I go back and look at other forums I'd been a member of for a long time, and that 16-year old me was a smug, wannabe comedian whose "jokes" were out-of-context Monty Python quotes. Even in real life, I was kind of an rear end who thought he was funny. I alienated a couple of good friends that way.

I was also obsessed with all things anime. I was paranoid about being outed as an uber-weeaboo, although in hindsight I think I made it pretty clear that I was. Back in high school, if you had a question about anime, I was the guy to talk to. I spent an entire art class explaining how awesome Evangelion was to people who weren't really interested in it. I made terrible t-shirts (with anime girls on them) by projecting a picture on the wall and drawing it with markers. I was probably THAT GUY more than once, but the "everyone knows everyone else" nature of my small-town high school kept me from getting too delusional (I think).

There was this cute girl who would show up before the morning bell and glomp me. She also spent a couple of weeks trying to invite me over to her place to watch anime with her on multiple occasions. The problem was that I was still in the "ew, cooties" stage until late in high school. I don't remember what I said to her to get her to stop bugging me, but it was something that brought tears. I still feel like kind of a jerk about it.

Actually, come to think of it, most of the nerd-related poo poo I did between middle school and my sophomore year of college is kind of cringeworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread