Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

Back in 2000, the pokemon tcg was a thing, and my sister and her husband were really into it. We started playing at a league hosted by the local toys r us and were stomping the poor kids who would build a deck with their favorite pokemon and like, no energy or something. Eventually a few other nerdy parents, myself and my sister ended up running the league ourselves and having a blast.

Dude, I ran one of these leagues! It was my first job, actually. I got $20 a day to be a "Gym Leader" to a group full of 10-15 acne covered nerds just trying to find their way. It was the best first job a kid could have. I loved them and that league so much.

PS: Loving all the nerdiness. I guarantee a bunch of us frequented the same nerdy message boards back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread