Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conartist
Aug 15, 2004
Around the time I was in middle school and high school a friend of mine introduced me to a relatively large Star Trek gaming forum. I mostly lurked, but I did participate in one of the active turn based strategy role playing games known as Dominion Wars or something. I asked to be a little known race called the Gorn. Each day I crafted turn reports and did a bunch of math to see how many resources I produced, how many ships I built, and all of that stuff. I even made a website at one point with a detailed back story, fluff, and everything for my little empire.

I stuck with this game for what seemed like over a year through forum changes, rule changes, and tons of other drama, essentially just crunching numbers and getting into internet wars with the Klingons of all people. I quit shortly after an attempt to reboot the game because it had became too complex to be fun. I just wanted to build my space fleet and colonize new worlds. I tried to join other similar games, especially for Babylon 5 since I loved the series at the time, but none were ever as stable or engrossing. I've lost all of that stuff though so I can't even dig up anything for nostalgia.

Other things I've done include joining a Star Trek role-playing chatroom for a couple of months and creating an anime music video of Cowboy Bebop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread