Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I was really seriously into a Dragonball Z themed roleplaying chat room--'Steve's DBZ Chat'--for three years or so; surprisingly, despite the ridiculousness of it all, we seemed to maintain something of a continuity. I even had a text doc with my character's "special attacks" that were like, "The ground around <CHARACTER> begins to shake, small pebbles rise up and <CHARACTER>'s eyes glow bright blue as energy gathers around her hands..." etc etc

Also nthing wearing a fedora in High School, but I also was so cool that for a year or so I would occasionally wear a Guitar Freaks imported PS2 controller around.

Not to mention being ridiculously into anime, wearing custom-made anime t-shirts and carrying a Hellsing messenger bag.

Goddamn 2000-2005 were a disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

ellbent posted:

Okay, I was actually going insane for a while because I couldn't find any mention of what I was remembering. Star Wars Insider never had a game series, "star wars choose your own adventure" came up with nothing on Google, Wookieeopedia only had some books that came out in 2003 called Star Wars Adventures, and I didn't get any results for a search for the Darth Vader carrying case they came in. I was seriously going nuts. BUT. Finally found the fuckers. It was called Star Wars Missions.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Missions

It was a mail-order deal for a magazine called Star Wars Kids that you got through one of those school reading programs.

I had these; and they're probably floating around my parents' house somewhere.

They came from a book order, like one of those Scholastic things schools handed out to kids.

• Locked thread