Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
When I was a freshman in high school, one of our book assignments in English class was to pick any book we wanted and do something creative as a project for it. So I read this: http://www.amazon.com/The-Brothers-...ng+brothers+war

That's right, Magic the Gathering fiction. And for my project I wrote a little play featuring the characters. I got some of the most popular kids in my grade at the time to act out the scenes in class by giving them gum. This happened almost 14 years ago, and I'm actually blushing right now over how embarrassing that probably looked.

I was also in band, and I did nothing but study when I was an undergrad. Between the ages of 23 and 27 I did almost nothing except work and read classic literature. I didn't start dating women until I was 26.

I never got into anime though, and I've never played an MMO. So there's that.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 14, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
Jesus Christ I'm so happy I never once touched an MMO, let alone something like WoW.

On the other hand, I still collect these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loeb_Classical_Library

One time my friends and I tried to play D&D, back in high school. I think I was the DM, though we knew gently caress all about the rules. Anyways, I had a story involving the elves starting a Marxist revolution in Cliche Fantasyland and completely overturning centuries of feudalism and magic. It really didn't go anywhere from there, and we never talked about it again.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 25, 2012

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Sometimes I spontaneously start singing 'bo-bo-bo Boccaccio Boccaccio' a la "Notorious B.I.G." feat. Puff & Kim.

Whatever, it works.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 4, 2012

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
Christ you people make me happy I've never touched an MMORPG.

I spent all that time reading wikipedia articles on French/German/English monarchs :smug:.

When I was in second grade, I could name every English/British monarch after William I. Everyone had that neighbor kid you became friends with first because he had an SNES. I became friends with a kid just so I could have access to his mom's collection of World Book Encyclopedias to satisfy my need for more info about UK kings.

Foyes36 fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Mar 17, 2013

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

EvilHawk posted:

Not quite as spergy, but when I was ~15 I got fed up with having to use a calculator to get Pi every time, so I made a bet with my teacher that I could learn it by memory to 9 decimal places (as far as the calculators would go). My teacher did not care but I did it it anyway. Still remember those numbers, and the ridicule I rightly received from my friends.

My favorite part of this is that your teacher didn't give a poo poo. That's probably how I'd react to a student who said that to me too.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Umbilical Lotus posted:

And then I found out what saponification was.

My spergy action today? I read this post, and as soon as I come across this the only thing I think is "oh poo poo, today would be a good day to rememorize that organic chemistry I always forget because the MCAT is May 30th."

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
Honestly I'd wear a morning suit every morning and white tie every evening if I could get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Austrian mook posted:

E: I actually imitate SA smilies in real life and often curse the lack of a :smuggo: or a :v: or a :getin: when I'm on fb or texting someone.

There have been a lot of time when I really wish I had the SA smilies for gchat.

• Locked thread