Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yea, that's kind of the problem, everyone's already got their own thing going and isn't interested in what I'm cooking up.

What are you cooking up.. what times are oyu playing, who is it geared for etc? Lots of ppl playin arma three today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yea, that's kind of the problem, everyone's already got their own thing going and isn't interested in what I'm cooking up.

Aaaaand what have you done to get the word out, beyond posting to ask if anyone still plays this game?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sure I'll try playing Arma some time

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Are there any WW2 tanks mod that are made to be historically accurate and also balanced to be accurate with modern tanks in game? I wanted to do a computerized version of that tigers vs abrams thing but somehow a tiger on IFA3 can survive at least one direct flat angle rear shot from a cutting edge MBT from 100m while a MBT could only take 2-3 hits from the tigers main gun from like 500m while facing it with the front.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
We finally have more on Enfusion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oeDRd_TQcQ

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Oh my god, a new scripting language that looks... normal.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Not gonna lie, the "Extensive moddability" segment that shows someone adjusting a slider that changes a lovely old van from green to orange is pretty drat funny.

Fred Dawes
May 10, 2009

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Not gonna lie, the "Extensive moddability" segment that shows someone adjusting a slider that changes a lovely old van from green to orange is pretty drat funny.

Now we can add Pay'n'Spray shops to Altis Life

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
What a way to start 2022 in this thread: https://twitter.com/ArmaPlatform/status/1524841971679907860
There's also an alleged leak on Reddit that it's the previously-leaked Reforger game.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
That's a low weapon / vehicle count, looks like they're scaling things back for the console market.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

The leak was legit lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIervYhiEZ8

But also out now as an Early Access title.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1874880/Arma_Reforger/

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I cannot wait for that to not run on my pc

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Where dedicated server binary.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So question.. is this "new Arma" in EA, or is this "new Arma Preview" in EA?

edit: after reading a bit more it seems like its "A preview of Arma 4" so Probaly will skip it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'd probably get it if it was like 15 bucks. Because 30 for a glorified tech demo seems a bit much.
Otherwise I'm just gonna wait for A4.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cooked Auto posted:

I'd probably get it if it was like 15 bucks. Because 30 for a glorified tech demo seems a bit much.

As someone who spent endless hours playing Operation Flashpoint, I would really love to go back to Everon where all buildings are enterable and terrain has more definition. And a new engine of course.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Nenonen posted:

As someone who spent endless hours playing Operation Flashpoint, I would really love to go back to Everon where all buildings are enterable and terrain has more definition. And a new engine of course.

It's a glorified tech demo today on release. I imagine it'll become more fleshed out by the year's end.

Also this is the new engine :pcgaming: . Looking forward to trying it eventually. I too have fond memories of Everon and I still remember the spots I used to make camps at in the OFP editor. No enemies, just chilling around a fire in the woods.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

It runs beautifully compared to A3, but of course there's a bunch of launch day bugs. Rebinding controls is a bit fucky (which is a shame considering how well A3 did it) and there's a few memory leaks.

Also no mission editor at the moment, just the equivalent of Zeus :shepface:

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

:catstare:

Yeah I'm definitely waiting then. The editor is the main attraction for me with these games and always has been. I still remember and use commands I learned in 2002 lol.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
How is player movement feel and environmental interaction compared to ArmA 3? Similar or closer to conventional FPS now?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Slashrat posted:

How is player movement feel and environmental interaction compared to ArmA 3? Similar or closer to conventional FPS now?

Like Arma 3, but with the Enhanced Movement mod included by default so you can jump and climb stuff. You also change your walk speed with the mouse wheel

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

How are the interiors? Arma has always fallen short with that due to the clipping and pathing.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

skooma512 posted:

How are the interiors? Arma has always fallen short with that due to the clipping and pathing.

Not actually played much so far due to said control binding issues, but in the stream I'm watching they look great (furniture is a thing that exists now!) and local voice echoes properly when indoors.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

pretty much this.. I'd get if it was on sale $30 for a demo of Arma 4 is a bit much.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

For the people who bought it, please post your performance . And I mean average fps, what hardware you have and what settings you are using in the game.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
We’ve been running an airgoon infantry squad for a few hours now. Captured like six towns and met american players on a road. They had their headlights on se we ambushed and killed em.

Solid infantry gameplay for now in a team.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Anyone got a stream going? You've got me kind of interested now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

From what I've heard Digby is streaming it right now.
https://www.twitch.tv/digbytathamwarter

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Oh, I meant the Airgoons squad specifically but that works too. Looks interesting, and might appeal to some of my friends who complain about Arma being too complicated.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'm streaming in Discord right now.

https://discord.gg/R5kcpXMJ

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I'm already liking how it prompts you with relevant controls. When he aims down the sights with the grenade launcher, it shows how to zero in the sights in the corner.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Goon patrol in a stolen Willy's the moment we meet american players.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
After wrecking an enemy squad, we loot their players and dress up as Americans to suprise other players. It has already worked. It is a terrible warcrime.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Sounds like they need to start using countersigns if they don't want to get shot in the back.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Air Goons is kicking up an Arma server for Refoger, just like Mike Force.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
This game is cool when it works. Just spent 4 hours on a conflict server and got to the point where we were fighting players instead of bots, then the server crashed. It was such a good session too, we had a commander, our team was organized, and we had some hero running dedicated logi. This game is less hardcore than ARMA, but more so than Squad.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 18, 2022

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I wonder, in what part is less hardcore than Arma?

Is this a case of jankier = more hardcore?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

arma is less hardcore than arma

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
After 2h of play time:

No arma3 stance adjustment or advanced movement stuff like walking/stance
Can't bind mouse4/5 at all
No fullscreen mode, so no gsync
fps is capped at 60 afaict, even with vsync off
A bunch of graphics settings don't save or maybe just don't do anything
Server browser sort doesn't save
Lacking basic server filters like "not empty" or "not full"
Can't filter for "populated, or almost full" (I think if you toggle more than once they're ANDed? :psyduck:)
Can't filter by game mode

In 2h I didn't even come close to finishing 1 round. I saw a total of 3 enemies (all in the same skirmish) and mostly just spent the 2h hitting the reconnect button or refreshing the server list after yet another crash/disconnect or connection timeout

Like I mean I got disconnected probably 30+ times, and crashed 3x. Literally every game I played ended with either an "internal error" disconnect or a game crash.

Joining a server fails with a timeout about 75% of the time too, and you can't cancel it, have to wait it out

I don't understand why they'd want this game to be seen in this state let alone when they're charging money for it

tak fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarBegotten
Mar 23, 2016

tak posted:

After 2h of play time:

No arma3 stance adjustment or advanced movement stuff like walking/stance

You're wrong here, there are fluid stances (using the mouse wheel) and fluid leaning as well. You can also mantle onto objects and climb over walls, so the on foot movement is way better than Arma 3 already.

As others have pointed out it is an early access title, so who knows what feature or functionality will be added later? That's the big question.

But, if you want to see Everon in all its next gen glory and help the development of Arma 4 then its worth a buy.

Oh and if you want to shoot up some folks in multiplayer too ;)