Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Grimey Drawer
To anyone who uses, or has used, ACE3: How do I enable ammo cook off like in ACE2? From what i've read it is implemented and I remember I had to place the right module in the editor years ago in ACE2 but i've been away for a long time and now I find ARMA 3's editor is completely different and I haven't a clue what i'm doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes

Regarde Aduck posted:

To anyone who uses, or has used, ACE3: How do I enable ammo cook off like in ACE2? From what i've read it is implemented and I remember I had to place the right module in the editor years ago in ACE2 but i've been away for a long time and now I find ARMA 3's editor is completely different and I haven't a clue what i'm doing.

Cookoff should be enabled for all valid items by default. If you're trying to make something that's not a vehicle or ammobox cookoff you can try calling the functions here https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/tree/master/addons/cookoff/functions

SoapyTarantula
Jun 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Accurate military operations on this weeks episode of ArmaGoons.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Does Apex ever come up on Steam sales?

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

JayKay posted:

Does Apex ever come up on Steam sales?
Dunno about Steam but in Bohemia's own store both Apex itself and the Apex Edition were at 50% discount for their winter sale.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Last sale: 50% off ($17.49)
Recorded 24 days ago on Steam
From isthereanydeal

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

Last sale: 50% off ($17.49)
Recorded 24 days ago on Steam
From isthereanydeal

Heres a pretty useful application for tracking that stuff

Enhanced Steam
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhanced-steam/okadibdjfemgnhjiembecghcbfknbfhg?hl=en

shows you historical low price and current cheapest place to buy it any time you go to the store page for a game in chrome

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

We learned that you can goomba stomp people with parachutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2bgaX7u_A

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Anybody getting tons of Arma.exe crashes since the last battleeye patch? Arma has always been stable for me but I've had half a dozen crashes either at launch or when I enter a server in the last week.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Anybody getting tons of Arma.exe crashes since the last battleeye patch? Arma has always been stable for me but I've had half a dozen crashes either at launch or when I enter a server in the last week.

Yep, standard behaviour is the framerate bottoming out and everything dropping to 1-2 a second and N64 level poly/texture levels followed by a crash to desktop between 5-25 seconds later.

Gabrielite
Apr 24, 2008
Since no one has mentioned it yet, RHS has updated all of their modules to 0.4.2 and added a new module, RHS: SAF for the Serbian Armed Forces. RHS Homepage

:siren: They've also been officially added to the Steam Workshop. :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ENRfwXdk

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Sex Robot posted:

Yep, standard behaviour is the framerate bottoming out and everything dropping to 1-2 a second and N64 level poly/texture levels followed by a crash to desktop between 5-25 seconds later.

Wait I thought that was the memory leak problem? Could it all be related to battleye?

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

Wait I thought that was the memory leak problem? Could it all be related to battleye?

I thought it was the memory leak but it hasn't loving gone away since it was supposedly "fixed"

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Why the gently caress do you have battleye installed?

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
Battleye comes with Arma 3 and doesn't need an installation.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Certain gamemodes require it to be activated on game startup.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
The ArmaGoons and CloseQuarterCuties are having another combined event, this Saturday at 21:00UTC! We expect turnout between 30-40 players, all are welcome to join. We have multiple Coop and TvT missions lined up for the event.

You can reach us on our discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/0pX1ayULgTsPM7ve). We will be using the CQT's server for the missions, and our Teamspeak server for comms.

Modlist for the event (w have an arma3sync repo):

quote:

@3CB_BAF_Equipment
@3CB_BAF_Units
@3cb_baf_vehicles
@3CB_BAF_Weapons
@ace
@acex
@ASR_AI3
@CBA_A3
@CUP_Terrains
@K_MNP
@Project OPFOR
@RHSAFRF
@RHSGREF
@RHSUSAF
@ShackTac User Interface
@task_force_radio

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I enjoyed the shenanigans tonight, even if my TS3 and TFAR was broken.

The plug in was working, it would drop me in the TFR channel, but for some reason my hotkey wouldn't work when in game (worked fine when in TS3).

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Run as admin, start TS before the game.

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006
Yeah run everything as admin, that was a problem for me with one of the latest TS updates. Never had that before.

Event is over, we had over 30 participants and it was a huge success. Played lots of Coops and TvTs, more than anticipated.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So how to play with goons?

Absorbs Smaller Goons
Mar 16, 2006

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Should probably get that in the op seeing as the thread was closed.

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
One day i'll get around to writing a new OP for a PGS thread but :effort:

Gibfender
Apr 15, 2007

Electricity In Our Homes
Some videos from Saturday's event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MMyz7fGtg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRL0OzruxD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5VDC_IR6nA

Gibfender fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 23, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Anyone else crash if they raise your frame rate above 60?

I've recently started playing Battle Royale again, but I kept crashing. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Windows 10, because I figured something from before was messing it up such as switching motherboard or possible malware. Anyway, I played just fine for a couple of days with no crashes. I actually forgot to raise the hz in Nvidia Control panel from 60hz to 95hz to match my monitor since the reformat, today. Then it crashed again a few games in.

I have a 5775C, GTX 1080 and an X34 monitor that caps out at 95hz.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Anyone else crash if they raise your frame rate above 60?

I've recently started playing Battle Royale again, but I kept crashing. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled Windows 10, because I figured something from before was messing it up such as switching motherboard or possible malware. Anyway, I played just fine for a couple of days with no crashes. I actually forgot to raise the hz in Nvidia Control panel from 60hz to 95hz to match my monitor since the reformat, today. Then it crashed again a few games in.

I have a 5775C, GTX 1080 and an X34 monitor that caps out at 95hz.

I have a setup like this and I still barely see 60fps because lolarma.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Deviant posted:

I have a setup like this and I still barely see 60fps because lolarma.

It's not that I care about having >60 FPS in Arma, but I really don't want to turn it on/off everytime I play Arma. I mean, there are other games. That said, I'm gonna roll without Geforce Experience for a while and see if its any better.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Does anyone else have a problem where RHS completely breaks the AI? Refusing to fire in vehicles until I cycle Cease Fire/Fire, and refusing to regroup.

For what seems to basically be a bunch of models they've sure hosed with a lot of random other stuff.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
So I built a new computer and it can finally fun arma, but my main experience in the game is watching Dyslexci videos so I decided to try and get the feel for the game with some king of the hill and spent about half my time sitting in helicopters on the way to the objective that crashed when the pilot flew too low to the ground, or sitting in helicopters that crashed when the pilot jumped out without telling anyone. Is this what war is like?

H2Eau
Jun 2, 2010

V for Vegans posted:

So I built a new computer and it can finally fun arma, but my main experience in the game is watching Dyslexci videos so I decided to try and get the feel for the game with some king of the hill and spent about half my time sitting in helicopters on the way to the objective that crashed when the pilot flew too low to the ground, or sitting in helicopters that crashed when the pilot jumped out without telling anyone. Is this what war is like?

you may have more luck getting to the AO if you play on one of the light vehicles or infantry servers, in my experience

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
becoming battle bros after sharing a jeep to the ao because we missed the copter ftw.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

KOTH has a brief but rather steep learning curve. There are an absurd amount of very simple game mechanics to know, and none of them are self-explanatory.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

V for Vegans posted:

Unless people ied camp the main road to the ao, you have like a 99.99999% chance of succesfully driving not just into the ao, but also over enemies in the ao.

Pro tip: drive one of the low armored humvee types into the ao, pull into one of the many garages, get in the back seat and lock the doors. Step 2: collect moneys and points. Bonus points if it is night and you have one with a grenade launcher. Nightvision plus a slew of explosives is fun.

Pro tip 2: park at the bottom of a tower that you have defenders in, satchel the vehicle, and wait nearby within sight and asplode the vehicle as people attempt to get past the vehicle to the steps.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 28, 2017

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

Disagree on 99.99% with a vehicle. Because in Arma driving over the wrong bush might kill you.

Play an infantry only server. Only be a passenger in little bird helicopters, avoid the Mohawks. Otherwise just drive in. The learning curve is definitely steep. Reliably getting to the AO is lesson 1. Preview on lesson 2: Towers are death traps and there's no reason to hold them. KOTH started making more sense to me when I started focusing on staying alive, not on killing other dudes. Once you master that you will have enough money to buy cool gear to focus on getting frags so you can lol snipe people or blow up dummies driving pickup trucks.

Oh also, KOTH is way more fun playing with a friend. You can watch each other's back and revive each other. Cuts out all the AO travel time which isn't fun.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Look Sir Droids posted:

Oh also, KOTH is way more fun playing with a friend. You can watch each other's back and revive each other. Cuts out all the AO travel time which isn't fun.

Speaking of which, I play pretty much exclusively KOTH when I play arma, if anyone wants to play KOTH, add me on steam, same username.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

RadioPassive posted:

Speaking of which, I play pretty much exclusively KOTH when I play arma, if anyone wants to play KOTH, add me on steam, same username.

Same. When I play I will usually sit in the FOB Neckbeard mumble room for KOTH. PM me if you want to add on steam.

KOTH is great for scratching that shoot mans itch.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
For the early-mid levels, the Katiba with a grenade launcher is probably the best assault infantry weapon combo you can use. Get practice trying to shoot ubGL grenades through the windows in the towers on the hill. Once you've developed a knack for it, get used to as many as 5-10 kills from a single shot on really packed towers.

I love the rage that follows in global chat. Especially after waiting 10-15 seconds and putting another round in the same place to get the dudes trying to res their dead compatriots. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Anybody have any tips for flying helicopters? I downloaded a Tanoa helicopter training scenario, but I crash constantly. I'm fine on take off, but I lose rotor speed when I turn and the helo just dives straight into the ground.