Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Is there a way to download Cold War Rearmed 2? I got all excited when I heard about it but I haven't been able to find a download for it anywhere.
EDIT: Found the demo as soon as I asked.

I'm pretty excited about how smooth the infantry combat is looking in these videos, in Arma 2 close quarters combat is so janky and it'll be a huge improvement, I hope.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
If someone with pc specs comparable to my own gets the alpha, I would be very interested in learning how it performs.
I have a dual core ~3.2Ghz cpu/ 8GB DDR2/ Geforce 8800 Ultra and I can barely run ARMA II past 20 fps; still, I am curious.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

Dezztroy posted:

This is pretty amazing so far. Runs better than ARMA 2 does for me.

Man I hope this is the case for me.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
So far everything I have tried has run at least as well as ARMA 2 on my old AMD dual core/geforce 8800 setup. Sometimes I get up to 50 frames per second though, which is waaay more than I ever got in ARMA 2.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I still have all of my lite invites if you want to post/pm your steam info. That way you can at least tinker around a bit.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Had fun Zeusing around earlier. I really need to get a replacement headset. What do you folks suggest?

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I've had some fun with Wasteland the past few days but I tried a few of the Altis Life servers and what a loving bore. If you aren't whitelisted you are stuck being a civilian, who apparently can just run around randomly and get tazered and subdued by police. I'm sure you can make money or something but unless I am killing those cops I am not loving interested.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

OwlFancier posted:

Happily, as watching him play with the A3 infantry control modifications is wonderful.

I still love that video of him killing half a dozen of about twenty players defending a hilltop, then sneaking into the middle of the hilltop fortress, capturing their own AA gun and using it to shoot down their support chopper, before fighting his way back out.

Do you have a link to this?

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZuvRiyIh6c

Dslyecxi is probably the most fun player to watch I know of in any game. He flies littlebirds like a monster and is probably equally horrifying on the ground.

Thank you!

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
That sounds awesome. I really need to play the campaign. Is there any way to Co-op it? I hate trying to order the AI squad-mates around.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 16, 2014

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Looks like we need some SAMs and a future-Shilka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

always be closing posted:

Anyone want to play battle royale this evening? Really really fun last man standing mod. Install is simple with a few clicks on playwithsix(I know, but it really was cake).
Post up and let me know.

I don't know if I will be able to tonight but it sounds like a good time. I'd like to get in on this sometime.