Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Hahaha yeah, they're games for "special" people all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

animatorZed posted:

On top of that, expanding the TIMG doesn't even get you the full size picture, so you might be better off with a smaller thumbnail (imgur autogenerates one, just append "l" to the name of the image, and wrap it with a URL link so people can see the full size images.
If you click on the resolution size number of the timg it expands to full size instead of limiting itself to your browser width.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Sagebrush posted:

Well, the problem I think was actually in the ammo handling. A2 had some vague semblance of reload animations, but you could only play them after a magazine was emptied, and since magazines took up a full slot that meant that if you wanted to simulate bolt action you could only hold one round per slot. Useless. And there'd still be no proper animation for bolt-action rifles that loaded a clip into an internal magazine. See also how the crossbow handled its ammo in Day Z.
Well the bolt on the (BAF) bolt-actions in ArmA2 would actually animate and move every time you shot, it's just that your character's hands didn't move so the gun just bolted itself. Also the Iron Front: Liberation 1944 game used the ArmA2 engine and it had proper bolting animations in it if I recall.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
No but you see ~*MY IMMERSION*~

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Chortles posted:

Personally I'm still waiting on an Asian male face, I don't want to be rocking the Scott Miller. :colbert:
Do what I do and play as a black dude. You're guaranteed to be the only black dude on the entire server!

SkopeDog posted:

Well, they're probably going to view it as that. BIS has always been pretty utilitarian in this regard. I'm not saying they won't, but I just wouldn't expect it in v1.0. Expect it in the inevitable free content update.
I don't expect BIS to add them at all. :smith:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

KildarX posted:

I love the premise of the game, I love the amount of equipment, I love the huge enviroments, I love the modibility of the engine. I hate everything about infantry combat from the really lovely death animations, the clunky tank like controls for infantry, and the god awful comm system, my god do I hate the awful comm system. Every time I hear "5 -INFANTRY - RIGHT - 300 METERS" I want to punch something.
Uh yeah sorry this was unironically the best part of ArmA

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Combat Pretzel posted:

Helicopters need a new damage model. Especially in relation to young trees, because I'm nearly sure that an UH-80 rotor would shred a stray tree top into confetti. Instead, the whole helicopter breaks down like made of wet toiletpaper.
Speaking of which did they ever fix autorotation or do your rotors still just stop instantly still when your engine gets blown away?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

drunkill posted:

The Osprey is in Arma 3, just a little bit below the regular flying altitude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwKP6vdXz-E
Looks like regular flying altitude for an Osprey to me

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Chortles posted:

• "Final" MOCAP has been completed for Survive, the first of the three official mini-campaigns, and voice acting (including several British English radio protocols) should be wrapped "in the next few days".
As probably the only person in the world that is looking forward to the ArmA3 campaign this is great news.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So any word on if the Armoury from ArmA2 will make a return at some point in the future in 3? Probably half my playtime in 2 was spent in there dicking around.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

SERPUS posted:

Doesn't the showcase do that?
It doesn't have the stupid little challenges that pop-up in the armoury like "navigate this obstacle course (in a tank)" or "shoot skeet (with an M240)". That poo poo owned, especially when you make sick-nasty jumps in your bicycle on the obstacle course and end up breaking your bike cause you're jumping too high.

Ham posted:

Technically, just one British guy. The original plot of ArmA3 had him heading up a team to steal railgun technology from the Iranians on Lemnos but he's the sole survivor and washes up on the island.
I'm pretty pissed the Iranian railgun tank that they had renders of on the site back when ArmA3 was first announced never made it into the game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

BIG HORNY COW posted:

A little disappointed that one of the missions in the campaign is the Infantry showcase, another is basically the SCUBA showcase with a team and one mission is basically This. BIS might actually catch some hell over that one because it sure as poo poo looks like someone copy/pasted a user-made mission into a retail campaign.
I was no joke actually expecting the Infantry showcase to show up as a mission because one thing I noticed while playing through the showcases is that they had a small narrative between them in that some of them reference events in other showcases, so I figured that (at least some of) the showcases were actually parts of the SP campaign.

BIG HORNY COW posted:

Also, I do like the fact that when AI squadmates die, they seem to come back just fine in the next mission. One of the most frustrating things about the Arma2 campaign was having to babysit those idiots, because it was MISSION FAILED the second one of them was even remotely in trouble. I would have to just tell them to wait in the woods while I did objectives myself because they couldn't be trusted to not get shot in the face and end the mission within 10 seconds of contact.
They actually come back with a different name, even people with speaking parts. My Alpha squad ended up being lead by Sgt. Lopez for most of the campaign because Sgt. Conway ate a bullet pretty early on.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

MD posted:

So now I feel like an idiot. Well not so much given that there still isn't a "play" button on the screen, and the mission sublisting is somewhat different from arma 2 I seem to remember.

Anyway, thanks.
Pretty sure the "play" button only shows up when you select a mission, which most people don't because apparently they couldn't figure out that the campaign is an expandable list.

E: At least the revert/restart buttons do, so I'm assuming the play button does too.

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 27, 2013

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

VanOwen posted:

That 3rd world faction is oddly well armed. I bet they get the only orbital laser cannon in a future patch because... uh... reasons. I actually liked that in the ARMA 2 world the insurgents/rebels used lovely, stolen, or old equipment.
Well the AAF is supposed to be a straight up modern army, not an insurgent/rebel force. That would be the FIA who are noticeably more ragtag, and if I recall the only vehicle they get is a technical with an M2 Browning on it.

Also an orbital laser cannon would own; they should make it its own map so I can shoot mans in space.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Pez Ez Dispenser posted:

Got the message from Riyott. Him, Barack, and I volunteer to be Goon Rally Team. We will smash our tires into rocks 20 seconds into the race, then explode. Or crash into that fence near the airport that if anything touches it spins a roulette wheel of "EXPLODE" "SEND INTO SPACE" "DESTROY ALL TIRES" "LAUNCH TO STRATIS".

I pretty much scream at people to veer away when I see them approach that fence now. :gonk:
High speed hijinks are the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHZm-KbezkQ&hd=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I still want to know where the gently caress my shotguns are. Bohemia!!!!!! :argh: