Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

MrOnBicycle posted:

While the quoted PvP-haters are dumb, I must comment on the use of scoped sights on weapons. It blows. On loads of PvE missions people immediately kit themselves out with a nice sniper rifle and a good anti tank weapon. The one man army that then proceeds to camp on a hill and pick off A.I. Sure, having a sniper or two can be nice, but nothing beats going in with iron sighs.

I played Insurgency last night and while there were a couple of snipers, the majority of people didn't use em. Which lead to some great fire fights with the A.I. That's where this game really shines, RPG's and bullets flying all around in a way that even beats scripted scenes.

Insurgency is really a favorite. Get a good size organized team going and then have 1-2 guys on the insurgent side and magic starts to happen. IEDs are simply the most fun :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22802

This owns way too hard. Please make Anime Mod mandatory on all goon missions in the future.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
I turned my neglected playstation eye into a freetrack camera and bought one of the head phone clip on track things and it is pretty good.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
Drew from Giant Bomb streamed some VBS2 at some point but I think it was during Uprofessional Fridays so the video is subscribers only. It was..interesting but not something I'd bother downloading.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Love Stole the Day posted:

That's great and all but if I join a server with the mod activated I get kicked... so my options to use this is pretty limited unfortunately.

PS: Why is there no goon server with this alleged goon repository Conot mentioned last page? I'd much rather play with goons than these pub servers where I get kicked and banned all of the time. Hell, I'll even host it if need be.

I don't think goons would like playing with you either based on your posting here.

On a different note:
I saw the campaign is finally finished more or less and went to try that out and now A3 won't boot at all. Uninstalled, deleted the various save and appdata folders, updated my graphics drivers, directx, then reinstalled and still not getting anything. It doesn't even have the decency to crash and generate a report, it just doesn't do anything.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
I guess the day I couldn't get ARMA 3 to load at all was due to Steam weirdness, as it's fine now. Spent part of tonight dicking with Zeus and am pretty surprised how nicely it runs and how accessible it is. The fog can be a bit overbearing if you want to zoom out in GM mode though, I imagine performance would die without it though rendering the whole landscape.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!
Been putting in a few more hours here and there lately, Whole Lotta Stratis is interesting. I don't think the food/water system is well realized or a good idea, though. They could probably just drop that system entirely and get an increase in performance from not having to spawn those particular items.

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Cantorsdust posted:

I've been playing its successor, Whole Lotta Altis. It's pretty tough in singleplayer just from having to wrangle a bunch of AIs into fighting tanks and helicopters. I'd really like to get a co-op game of it going sometime.

Oh yah, I think I just mix up the island names constantly, I'm probably playing that one :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizzyinthesky
Mar 24, 2010

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Vahakyla posted:

The loving Dev comments. "We fail to see what women soldiers would have in terms of giving to the simulation".

"We have more important military items to implement first, like multiple styles of Trilby"