Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

MrOnBicycle posted:

Yup. Same here. I still have very fond memories of all the OFP campaigns. I played them again not that many years ago. I think resistance is my favourite one though.

The games themselves are clunky and not very polished. But they aren't bad. They were something new, and there were more limitations. They don't have that excuse anymore when doing ArmA3, so lets hope they pull it off.

OFP was great for a game 10 years ago - having that much freedom to do things without hitting invisble walls was a such a great thing. Being able to fly helis, drive tanks, etc was justs the icing on a the cake. I hadn't played a game like it before.
I'm glad they are looking at improving the single player and the interactive issues the previous games had. I always felt like some kind of autistic savant playing those games. You could shoot ome poor schmuck at 500 meters right between the eyes, but when it came to navigating a door or try to interrupt loading your mag, no chance. That and the general Tresspasser feel needs to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU