Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AtomikKrab posted:

King is Saitama's friend

Genos kinda counts

Genos is a hanger-on who, at best, has a very strange friendship with Saitama. Saitama clearly cares about him, but he isn't wild about the dynamic they have due to Genos's weird complex about him.

King is one of the best adjusted people in this manga. Everyone else Saitama knows is too self-involved or deranged or otherwise socially maladroit to be anyone's friend. Between that and their shared interests, it makes sense they'd be friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Well yeah, they are the two strongest characters in the series, real recognizes real

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

SpiderLink posted:

I took it to mean that Saitama is on such a different scale power-wise that the sisters may as well be pretty similar to him.

Yeah that was my reading.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SpiderLink posted:

I took it to mean that Saitama is on such a different scale power-wise that the sisters may as well be pretty similar to him.

This has always been a thing with Saitama. He's largely incapable of recognizing how strong anyone he fights compares to each other because he defeats them so easily. Like he can count on one hand opponents that actually made an impression.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
there be so much rear end

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who's rear end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

This has always been a thing with Saitama. He's largely incapable of recognizing how strong anyone he fights compares to each other because he defeats them so easily. Like he can count on one hand opponents that actually made an impression.

You can use a single hand for zero fingers, yeah.

There'd be one there but he forgot about that one thanks to time travel shenanigans. Sad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think it's all of those options. It is a fully unintentional burn, but Tatsumaki would absolutely take it as a burn, given her pride.
He also just genuinely can't tell a difference because we clearly see that Tatsumaki is leagues stronger than Fubuki.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Makes me think of that Doctor Manhattan line about the world's smartest man meaning no more to him than the world's smartest termite

Same level of detached observation

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I only read that as "so you too can move things with your mind", without any power level allusion :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saitama, of course, understands that psychokinesis is simply the power to move some pebbles about, and thus is not very impressive :hmmyes:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Lifting grocery bags with your mind allows you to carry more without risking a tear of the handles.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

M_Gargantua posted:

Lifting grocery bags with your mind allows you to carry more without risking a tear of the handles.

Now I need to see Saitama match this feat by carrying multitudes of bags by moving quickly between holding each one. Serious Series Serious Side Stepping Bag Carry.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's be funny if he failed trying that so he has no chance.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Among gamers, King. Among grocery bag carriers, Tatsumaki.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tatsumaki I need your help.

Beef was on sale.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

yeah i think king has actually given real advice to saitama at any point

the most qualified S class hero

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

i guess bang also gives advice but he's doing it in a self-appointed mentor kind of way more than listening to saitama talk

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Shugojin posted:

yeah i think king has actually given real advice to saitama at any point

the most qualified S class hero
"You should play as the cute characters. They're the strongest ones."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can use a single hand for zero fingers, yeah.

There'd be one there but he forgot about that one thanks to time travel shenanigans. Sad.

Boros and Sonic gave impressions. Boros cause he briefly had to try, and Sonic cause he keeps coming back for rematches.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
And Genos makes an impression by paying his rent.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Glad Gon is back

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Based on the latest chapter, I have a feeling that Saitama is going to be involved in a love triangle.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Flair posted:

Based on the latest chapter, I have a feeling that Saitama is going to be involved in a love triangle.

He's not already in one with Fubuki and Genos?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Does Saitama know how to love?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Kuros posted:

He's not already in one with Fubuki and Genos?

No, you're right ― it's becoming a harem.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SpacePig posted:

Platonically? Absolutely

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
He loves a good bargain on groceries

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

If you want a series where the protagonist had the emotional maturity to handle a romantic relationship by ONE, I'd look at Mob Paycho 100. Saitama's a little too caught up in his own issues to really be interested in romance.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Saitama has no time for love, he needs to play more video games with King.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SpacePig posted:

He’s the One Pump Chump

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Flair posted:

No, you're right ― it's becoming a harem.

Checks out :hmmyes:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Note how Saitama is only engaging in the same activity with one character there, and that he only ever really relates to one character on an interest level consistently.

As always, KING is unbeatable, be it love or war.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

As is to be expected of King :hai:

Edit: I loved during the Monster Association arc when Tatsumaki spots King running for his life with the kid, and just immediately thinks,"King knows he can trust me to handle this, and so is prioritizing the hostage, just as expected!" because even with her own superiority complex she appreciates and respects King :)

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Saitama touched Sonic's junk so I think he's far and away in the lead here

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Jerusalem posted:

As is to be expected of King :hai:

Edit: I loved during the Monster Association arc when Tatsumaki spots King running for his life with the kid, and just immediately thinks,"King knows he can trust me to handle this, and so is prioritizing the hostage, just as expected!" because even with her own superiority complex she appreciates and respects King :)

King dying while trying to protect her when Star God Garou hit was probably my favorite Murata moment.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I still don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a manga gag as when KING accidentally killed that shapeshifting monster in the Monster Association Arc.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I still don't think I've ever laughed as hard at a manga gag as when KING accidentally killed that shapeshifting monster in the Monster Association Arc.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Accidentally?! We’re talking about King here! That was no accident