Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Notice where Garou punched the Tanktops? :gonk:

The Human Monster is a fitting title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

That was an amazing update, even if I can't read the dialogue yet. That was all Genos as gently caress and I loved it

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

the post/avatar combo on this

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Keeshhound posted:

This is just an idea thought, but at some point murata should just draw an entire chapter of Serious Saitama working out like it's the most amazing goddamned thing ever. Because it is.

Just go all out on it: huge sweeping shots of the park and the city while Saitama counts up his 100 pushups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and then the 10km run all drawn in the serious style.

This would be an amazing quick bonus chapter.

Also I, for one, did not expect Garou to turn out to be such a cool and nuanced character. Also hoping the dude from the tournament arc makes a re-appearance, iirc he was an original character Murata added. That dude has a lot of potential for having a cool character arc as well

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

sharktamer posted:

If Blast couldn't beat elder centipede surely he's not even that strong? Bang is a hosed up old man and it looked like him and his even more hosed up brother had a chance.

To me it sounded like Blast did significant damage to Elder Centipede and forced it to retreat, which is why King mentioning Blast's name was enough to lure it to attack. The combined ultimate attack of Bang and his brother barely affected it at all, and that was them making their last stand pretty much

e: looked back and yeah it says Blast brought EC to the brink of death. Anyway trying to gauge someone's strength in this manga by comparing them with Saitama is silly

Revins fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 23, 2018

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Mordecai posted:

OK, so any examples of a limiter being surpassed with the associated consequences? Asura Rhino, maybe?? --NO. Look, Saitama broke the limiter and was fine. That's it.
Great. Very useful information, thanks.

No offense to you at all, but I'm pretty sure that's the joke. Saitama breaking the rules is the center of most of the humor in this series, and despite the re-draw having expanded action scenes this is still a comedy manga at heart

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

if Flashy Flash falls on hard times at least he always has a career as the world's best auctioneer waiting for him

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

You cannot grasp the true from of KING's attack!

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Gologle posted:

I love that Pig God's eyes were flashing because I like to think he found something that he really, really wants to eat and not because he's mad or unleashing his full strength or anything.

I agree with a previous poster in thinking that it was more "I am the Pig God. I am the one who eats!" like his territory had been stepped on

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

TheLoneStar posted:

Why not both?

:hmmyes:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Aw, I was hoping for more Garou v Darkshine

Still a good chapter though

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Thoren posted:

Seeing that evil woman transform into a giant cool monster made me miss Claymore.

I have mixed feelings about Claymore. The first half is great, but everything after the time skip felt really rushed to me. I kept waiting for the boy that Clare took in to have his time in the sun once he grew into a badass warrior dude but it felt like he never really got one. It was disappointing

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Hell yeah. That two page spread is awesome.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I took it as he used so much bronzer that dudes wear for bodybuilding competitions that it permanently darkened his skin. Which is still very not great.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Saitama is the protagonist, so it would make sense for Blast to be his dark mirror. Incredibly powerful but fully consumed by his depression and ennui.

I think being Saitama's mirror would make him super full of himself and boastful. Which would fit with being at the top of the hero association cause it seems like being able to sell yourself plays a part in advancement (just like real life!)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

TheLoneStar posted:

Considering no one has seen him in apparently years and can barely get in contact with him, that's very unlikely. He seems like a pretty shy, reserved person from what little we know.

That or he's off drinking and partying because he considers everything that has happened so far in the series to be beneath him

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Bucswabe posted:

Yeah, I think all the monsters / meteors that Saitama killed before deep sea king could be hammered out quickly as a Saitama/Genos intro or a "now we're heroes" montage.

House of Evolution could be cut since it doesn't add a ton to the streamlined story of a movie (you could do the reveal of how Saitama became strong at any point).

Speed Of Sound Sonic can probably be cut. But put a lot of focus on joining the Hero Association, and doing some world building there. Show some of the darker undertones of some of the heroes.

And yeah, cutting off at Deep Sea King probably makes sense so that you don't have to introduce any of the other S Class, really. The ending won't do a lot to resolve the story line of Saitama's boredom, but that arc is a really good "this is what it means to be a true hero" story. And could work very well for a movie.

If there is a sequel, you could pretty much do the entire thing on Boros.

Yeah, this all seems sensible. Doing Boros for a first movie would involve either introducing too many characters in one film or cutting out a lot of characters and pissing off a lot of fans.

I haven't watched any live action anime adaptations though because from what I've heard they've all been pretty crap

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

The Rurouni Kenshin's were pretty decent. They followed the story as best they could and adapted the weird Anime BS the show had in a way that made it interesting to watch. It helped that the original story was pretty mundane in terms of special effects/supernatural stuff so they could forgo CG on things.
Unfortunately One Punch Man has too much special stuff to be adapted the same way, so it's probably going to turn out like a superhero movie.

My concern is that they'll miss the comedy aspect entirely.

Never knew there were live action Kenshins. The Samurai X OVAs have been my favorite anime thing for a long time now

I am also worried they will go super serious and not realize that OPM is a comedy at heart

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

It does, but IIRC the original actor isn't the one used for the image captures featured in the game I think?

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game was one of my first fighting games growing up because it was cheap as gently caress and I remember using Sawada a lot

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Can't wait until Monaco joins the Apartment Hangout Gang and also really easily beats Saitama in fighting games.

I'll be legit disappointed if this doesn't happen

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

reading through Garous article on the OPM wiki is like reading about something dreamt up by a 10 year old.

Garou is super fast and tough and doesn't feel pain and has really fast reflexes. even if he does get knocked out he can still fight, and he can dodge things just by instinct, and...

just on and on, it's kind of funny

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Finish the arc before you go back and revise things, Lucas!

for real, redraw was pretty but come oooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I just want more Garou

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Totes

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Also folks I think we should change the title to

"Hu Hu, Pencil go SKRRRRRR"

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

so blast's absence and sweet masks PTSD are obviously linked huh

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I was kind of down on this project like all of last year with all the redraws but its fuckin back on track now holy poo poo

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

blackalloy and zombie man own too, and atomic samurai, and bang

this manga has good characters

and some bad ones

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

Honestly it's nice how a good chunk of the S-Rank heroes really are good people.

:yeah:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Well I certainly was not expecting the whole sweet mask thing holy poo poo

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Also I'm glad suiko/suiryu is back and hope he has a cool fight soon (within the next 2 years)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Gazaar posted:

I feel like there's been too much hinting at there being something else going on with him (and for too long) for it to just hard end like that. Though I would also accept it cause yeah ok why not.

Definitely, him and garou are the two most interesting characters imo so I was hoping to see more. Not a webcomic reader though so idk

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

short but sweet

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I'm happy as long as its not a redraw at this point

also :yosbutt:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I feel like this kind of fell into the same problem bleach had in that there were too many characters that needed fights so the pacing got bogged down.

that being said this is the only manga I still follow because its still good

I never finished bleach otoh

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

I think, that, comic good.

:hmmyes:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

good chapter, todays been a good day overall

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

A+ chapter, the swordmans association coming in was great. Suiryu is still en route; I'm predicting he's gonna go at it with furher and barely win, or fight garou and get trounced

e: Iron Bat will probably fight furher thinking about it

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

graham cracker posted:

This comment got me thinking, then I got distracted and made this.

I don't know the reference here :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

graham cracker posted:

Just a reference to a another comic/cartoon with an unstoppable, overpowered hero and their sidekick who constantly gets bested in combat. (The Tick)

ahh, I was really liking the live action show but I haven't seen it available to watch anywhere for awhile. don't know much about the franchise beyond that